Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Everyone posted:

I really want college Dipper to show up on this show just to have him be incredibly uncomfortable with Anne crushing on him or possibly incredibly disappointed when Anne doesn't crush on him even a little bit.

...I would prefer this not to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Everyone posted:

I really want college Dipper to show up on this show just to have him be incredibly uncomfortable with Anne crushing on him or possibly incredibly disappointed when Anne doesn't crush on him even a little bit.

what the gently caress

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

How does Sprig's facemask work if he has no ears?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

How does Sprig's facemask work if he has no ears?

Maybe it's the tie kind?

kidcoelacanth posted:

what the gently caress

Concur.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I don't want to hear poo poo about who Anne likes

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

kidcoelacanth posted:

what the gently caress

the gently caress is that one of the running subplots on Gravity Falls was 12 going on 13 year old Dipper's doomed crush on 15 year old Wendy. So either turnabout (and Dipper's intense discomfort with being the crushee now) or the absolute lack of turnabout (and Dipper being paradoxically disappointed because of that) could be funny.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

They already did that within Gravity Falls when Dipper time-traveled back to when Wendy was seven or whatever. 13 and college age is too big of an age gap for that. It seems creepy in a fan-fictiony way, especially the latter case where Dipper is disappointed seems creepy on the part of the character.

I liked the gag where the food truck ran through a TV. It felt like a callback to a gag in Amphibia, the realm, where Anne and Sprig crashed through a pane of glass being transported, but I'm not 100% sure whether that happened or I'm confusing it with another cartoon. The moment where the Planters hound the veterinarian for frog facts was great, too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

I liked the gag where the food truck ran through a TV. It felt like a callback to a gag in Amphibia, the realm, where Anne and Sprig crashed through a pane of glass being transported, but I'm not 100% sure whether that happened or I'm confusing it with another cartoon.

I feel like I've seen that gag on a lot of cartoons over the years. It's one that never gets old.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I feel like I've seen that gag on a lot of cartoons over the years. It's one that never gets old.

I'm pretty sure that one goes back to silent-movie days.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Everyone posted:

Even if Anne was actually 16 as originally intended and not just written as such, no thank you.

galenanorth posted:

They already did that within Gravity Falls when Dipper time-traveled back to when Wendy was seven or whatever. 13 and college age is too big of an age gap for that. It seems creepy in a fan-fictiony way, especially the latter case where Dipper is disappointed seems creepy on the part of the character.

I liked the gag where the food truck ran through a TV. It felt like a callback to a gag in Amphibia, the realm, where Anne and Sprig crashed through a pane of glass being transported, but I'm not 100% sure whether that happened or I'm confusing it with another cartoon. The moment where the Planters hound the veterinarian for frog facts was great, too.
I know it happened on Gravity falls, where they were transporting a pane of glass on the lake. But yeah, it's a classic gag.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARadRkOBe9o

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Plot fully engaged, now.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Madurai posted:

Plot fully engaged, now.

I hope the show does something similar to what The Owl House did and puts the first five episode on Disney+. This morning shift of Saturdays poo poo has been denying me my awesome frog show.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 24, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like Dr. Jan, she seems fun.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Everyone posted:

I hope the show does something similar to what The Owl House did and puts the first five episode on Disney+. This morning shift of Saturdays poo poo has been deny me my awesome frog show.
They are, first week of november I think.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I like Dr. Jan, she seems fun.

Same. Also the Thai culture episode is really neat.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Both episodes were great, Hop Pop's Cats disguise had me in stitches.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

How did nobody mention photorealistic Plantars yet?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 25, 2021

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Haha oh god, when that old lady told Anne she'd gotten really skinny--I thought it was just us in the Philippines but I guess it must be a quintessential SEA family experience.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This week's set of episodes were really good.

I feel like the Thai community knowing about the Plantars is gonna be a big deal down the line.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

This week's set of episodes were really good.

I feel like the Thai community knowing about the Plantars is gonna be a big deal down the line.

Nah, a very important part of Thai culture not mentioned in the episode is "snitches get stitches" :v:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

How did nobody mention photorealistic Plantars yet?

Still processing...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TwoPair posted:

Nah, a very important part of cool people culture not mentioned in the episode is "snitches get stitches" :v:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Nah, a very important part of Thai culture not mentioned in the episode is "snitches get stitches" :v:

Which might be a good reason why them knowing about the Plantars will be a big deal in the future. If/when others start trying to nose around about the Plantars, the community will rally to protect them or at least give those others a serious runaround.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Double-posting but gently caress it. Those were two good episodes. I hope we get to see Polly's new internet friends again. It's also both creepy and hilarious that Andrias builds his robots with enough self-will to feel fear and be threatened by a self-destruct timer. Speaking of creepy and hilarious the malfunctioning but probably possessed/evil teddy bear was also awesome. I'm really looking forward to the first five dropping on Disney+ so I can do a proper catch-up before next Saturday.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ugh my DVR hosed up and didn't record the episode so I'm gonna have to turn to... other sources since I don't know when it'll actually replay. I don't know if it's AT&T or whoever runs the show at Disney channel but this is not the first time they've hosed me over recording various shows here. Almost beginning to think paying for cable is pointless in TYOOL 2021...

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

If your cable provider allows Disney Now, the site where they stream the shows in 720p before adding them to Disney+, you can watch it at https://disneynow.com/shows/amphibia/

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Everyone posted:

Double-posting but gently caress it. Those were two good episodes. I hope we get to see Polly's new internet friends again. It's also both creepy and hilarious that Andrias builds his robots with enough self-will to feel fear and be threatened by a self-destruct timer. Speaking of creepy and hilarious the malfunctioning but probably possessed/evil teddy bear was also awesome. I'm really looking forward to the first five dropping on Disney+ so I can do a proper catch-up before next Saturday.

Given they're in the opening credits, I think it's pretty clear we'll be seeing the IT Girls again. Apparently going by some freezeframes of their video description, they're girlfriends? Also speaking of freezeframes, there's a little bobblehead Mr. Mystery tucked away on one of the shelves in the Boonchuy's garage.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Yvonmukluk posted:

Given they're in the opening credits, I think it's pretty clear we'll be seeing the IT Girls again. Apparently going by some freezeframes of their video description, they're girlfriends? Also speaking of freezeframes, there's a little bobblehead Mr. Mystery tucked away on one of the shelves in the Boonchuy's garage.

The girlfriends part will probably be left highly ambiguous in "Are they girlfriends or girls who are friends?" It'd be cool if they dropped that they were dating but I'm not counting too heavily on it. I did really enjoy that "baby" Polly used the Internet as the incredibly powerful learning/education tool it can be while Anne, Hop-Pop and Spring just vegged-out on cat videos

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Melissa Villaseņor!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just caught the episode and I was pretty surprised by the end of it, because I was positive at the start of the season that ultimately the way Frobo would be repaired would be by them knocking off Cloak-Bot's head and putting Frobo's on the body. And then in one half of the episode they make it clear that Polly's gonna fix Frobo all on her own and in the other they make it clear that there's not gonna be a Cloak-Bot body to steal any more (at least, not that Cloak-Bot). Although he did leave an arm behind for Polly to use, so that's convenient.

Also, Mr. Boonchuy's no good very bad day B-plot in Fixing Frobo was hilarious.

Madurai posted:

Melissa Villaseņor!

I KNEW I recognized that voice from somewhere!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Just caught the episode and I was pretty surprised by the end of it, because I was positive at the start of the season that ultimately the way Frobo would be repaired would be by them knocking off Cloak-Bot's head and putting Frobo's on the body. And then in one half of the episode they make it clear that Polly's gonna fix Frobo all on her own and in the other they make it clear that there's not gonna be a Cloak-Bot body to steal any more (at least, not that Cloak-Bot). Although he did leave an arm behind for Polly to use, so that's convenient.

Also, Mr. Boonchuy's no good very bad day B-plot in Fixing Frobo was hilarious.

I don't think that Polly's going to fix Frobo all own her own. She's probably going to have help from those IT girls - who now know where she lives. It'll be cool to see Polly getting her own human friends outside of Anne.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

I don't think that Polly's going to fix Frobo all own her own. She's probably going to have help from those IT girls - who now know where she lives. It'll be cool to see Polly getting her own human friends outside of Anne.

Well yeah, I more meant "on her own" as in it looks like she's gonna fix it on Earth (with the IT girls most likely) instead of waiting until they get back to Amphibia or getting Amphibian technology.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Well yeah, I more meant "on her own" as in it looks like she's gonna fix it on Earth (with the IT girls most likely) instead of waiting until they get back to Amphibia or getting Amphibian technology.

Makes sense. Figure they're not going back to Amphibia until they're ready to take the fight to Andrias and also find a way back there.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'm loving how accurate they're trying to make Los Angeles after spending two seasons in Amphibia. Jokes about getting stuck on Northbound 101 and people spraypainting "KOBE!" on the riverbed, that sort of thing. Making North Hollywood feel like actual North Hollywood makes Wartwood feel like actual Wartwood.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
There is a much darker version of this show where Poly got into Q bakers.

edit: Teddy Ruxpen references in 2021, really?

edit2: Now their referencing Spawn, Zoomers aren't going to get these refences.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 1, 2021

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

side_burned posted:

There is a much darker version of this show where Poly got into Q bakers.

edit: Teddy Ruxpen references in 2021, really?

edit2: Now their referencing Spawn, Zoomers aren't going to get these refences.

Where was the Spawn reference?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Everyone posted:

The girlfriends part will probably be left highly ambiguous in "Are they girlfriends or girls who are friends?" It'd be cool if they dropped that they were dating but I'm not counting too heavily on it. I did really enjoy that "baby" Polly used the Internet as the incredibly powerful learning/education tool it can be while Anne, Hop-Pop and Spring just vegged-out on cat videos

there's a rainbow flag in their YouTube video description 🤨

also an amongus 😳

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
So I absolutely need a gif of Hop Pop yelling Eat the rich!