Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

About time you filthy americans join the rest of th civilized world in watching Dunc.
Saw it a month ago in Imax, it was great

Also saw the last duel. It too, was good.

silence snyder fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

where can i get some Spice

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New dune is good and the studio should have absolutely let Denis film the entire thing instead of making us wait 2-3 years for the next one

I also wouldn't have ended it at the duel with jamis, but rather the time jump that happens relatively soon after iirc

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
you're never getting the second one

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's great news because Judakel is constantly wrong about everything so that means we absolutely are getting DUNC TWO THE DUNCANING

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He's basically the Bill Kristol of Cspam

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty huge fuckup not filming both at once

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Koirhor posted:

Pretty huge fuckup not filming both at once

Chalamet has to bulk up for the role of worm god

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

McCloud posted:

About time you filthy americans join the rest of th civilized world in watching Dunc.
Saw it a month ago in Imax, it was great

Also saw the last duel. It too, was good.

The only place on this planet thats civilized is that one island off the coast of india where the inhabitants kill anyone who gets close enough

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

That's great news because Judakel is constantly wrong about everything so that means we absolutely are getting DUNC TWO THE DUNCANING

i think when you say i am constantly wrong about everything you mean when i say zack snyder sucks, so i guess i am right after all. drat we'll never see dune 2

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

He's basically the Bill Kristol of Cspam

doubt you can name an example imo

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1451958161934635013?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Judakel posted:

doubt you can name an example imo

Your posting history does that adequately on its own

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thinking about Kingo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
wait it's Kingo? I've been calling him Klingo this entire time.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i thought it was kin go you know like hes a family car or something

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Kingo don't care!!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

Your posting history does that adequately on its own

so no. lmao owned yet again, snyder freak

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I can't believe his name is actually Kingo, i thought it was a bit first

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Kingo: "well at least my parents didn't name me Druig."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

uber_stoat posted:

Kingo: "well at least my parents didn't name me Druig."

I TOLD YOU TO CALL ME DREW

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
all of this dunc chat inspired me to rewatch David lynch dune, and I gotta say, there's a lot to love there. the constant voiceovers are very silly, but lynch actually does a very impressive job of condensing the book into two hours while hitting basic Hollywood plot beats. the special effects have largely held up and the worms in particular have a very good design, although they're very obviously miniatures. Kyle maclachlan was better than I remember

dune is such a trippy premise that I think it benefits from a bit of campiness, which the lynch version provides. it's such an alien world that I think it's interesting to see a take that embraces that, rather than villeneuve's version, which is more grounded

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kingo Slice

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

aside from sting and the baron lynch dune just feels like a bad bbc period drama

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i kinda like the lynch dune but it is bizarre that it was released in a world where empire strikes back and blade runner already existed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/atomly/status/1452005579157766144

Aglet56 posted:

all of this dunc chat inspired me to rewatch David lynch dune, and I gotta say, there's a lot to love there. the constant voiceovers are very silly, but lynch actually does a very impressive job of condensing the book into two hours while hitting basic Hollywood plot beats. the special effects have largely held up and the worms in particular have a very good design, although they're very obviously miniatures. Kyle maclachlan was better than I remember

dune is such a trippy premise that I think it benefits from a bit of campiness, which the lynch version provides. it's such an alien world that I think it's interesting to see a take that embraces that, rather than villeneuve's version, which is more grounded
I don't think it's so much more grounded as austere

Farm Frenzy posted:

aside from sting and the baron lynch dune just feels like a bad bbc period drama
I think you mean a good bbc period drama

josh04 posted:

i kinda like the lynch dune but it is bizarre that it was released in a world where empire strikes back and blade runner already existed.
That's exactly why it was released though. DUNE > Star Wars > DUNE.

Assepoester has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Oct 24, 2021

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Just watched The Last Duel and I liked it. It's basically a commentary on the #MeToo movement set in the middle ages.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Yeah it was pretty good. The actual duel itself was incredibly tense and suspenseful, they built up the tension to that wonderfully

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

So he is an IT exec who drops spaghetti around babyjirls?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
excuse kumail is pakistani... so he is NOT babyjirls

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

josh04 posted:

makes more sense that it’s Like That when you consider that it was a bigger scale project than anything Lynch has ever worked on or had interesting in working on, and managing a project of that specific scale just doesn’t fit his skill set.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Judakel posted:

excuse kumail is pakistani... so he is NOT babyjirls

Pakistanis are north indians desperately pretending not to be. Understandable really.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tankbuster posted:

Pakistanis are north indians desperately pretending not to be. Understandable really.

Wow, such erasure of Kashmir

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

post the picture of roided kumail please

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

makes more sense that it’s Like That when you consider that it was a bigger scale project than anything Lynch has ever worked on or had interesting in working on, and managing a project of that specific scale just doesn’t fit his skill set.
Lynch Dune was just the 80s version of Disney snapping up hot new indie directors for their marvel movie projects because they don't have big blockbuster film experience and thus can be pushed around easily by an executive committee

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The United States posted:

Lynch Dune was just the 80s version of Disney snapping up hot new indie directors for their marvel movie projects because they don't have big blockbuster film experience can be pushed around easily by an executive committee

was this the first time a big studio tried this? i cant think of any earlier examples

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

HootTheOwl posted:

Wow, such erasure of Kashmir

Half the population of Pakistan is Punjabi. Essentially the same stock of louts that roam Delhi

drat, Captain Pakistan real?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i cant get over his fuckin head. its probably HGH but it looks like they gave him the surgeries that incels get

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

they gave him the surgeries that incels get

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Meanwhile Gilfoyle ended up being some soy teacher at spiderman high .