Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"We fixed this issue by adding another very specific rule with an associated unique dice roll" really is Shadowrun in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I've finally caught up with the thread and just wanted to say thanks to Kanfy for doing these LPs. I picked up the games in the GoG giveaway and I've been reading through each one a little behind where I am, usually after I finish off a run. It's been great to get a few extra details filled in since my character doesn't always talk to everyone all the time.

I'm curious to know what speculation is about the dreams. My own theory is some corp has developed a dream machine and hidden it inside KWC, probably because they want to raze the whole place and redevelop it. Although I have realized that's basically a Scooby-Doo plot.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Kangra posted:

I'm curious to know what speculation is about the dreams. My own theory is some corp has developed a dream machine and hidden it inside KWC, probably because they want to raze the whole place and redevelop it. Although I have realized that's basically a Scooby-Doo plot.

Scooby Doo plots fit really well with Shadowrun, tho.

girl dick energy posted:

"We fixed this issue by adding another very specific rule with an associated unique dice roll" really is Shadowrun in a nutshell.

I feel like if everyone at the table knew every rule exactly and what their dice pools were off the top of their head the dice rolling wouldn't be as bad because they'd move fast. But with a normal group just starting out it's gonna end up extending things a lot.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Scooby Doo plots fit really well with Shadowrun, tho.

Old Man Withers was pretending to be a ghost to scare people away from his cyberzombie project.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

But because it's Shadowrun, his method of pretending to be a ghost either summons a bunch of real ghosts or turns him into one, so there really is a supernatural monster inside anyway!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

I feel like if everyone at the table knew every rule exactly and what their dice pools were off the top of their head the dice rolling wouldn't be as bad because they'd move fast. But with a normal group just starting out it's gonna end up extending things a lot.
I'm not sure if it's even possible for one person to know every rule that well, for a whole table it would be completely impossible.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!

AceOfFlames posted:

Old Man Withers was pretending to be a ghost to scare people away from his cyberzombie project.

And he would have gotten away with it too, if not for the meddling kids!

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Kangra posted:

My own theory is some corp has developed a dream machine and hidden it inside KWC, probably because they want to raze the whole place and redevelop it.

Nah, if they wanted to do that then they'd... well, just do that. Nothing's actually stopping them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

achtungnight posted:

And he would have gotten away with it too, if not for the meddling kids!

Envisioning Fred as a seven foot tall troll shaman trying his hardest to fight the "uneducated brute" stereotype, Velma as "basically just Is0bel", and Daphne as one of those street sams that doesn't actually know where the trigger on their gun is.

Shaggy and Scooby would be 100% unchanged, they fit in Shadowrun just fine.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Shaggy as a dog shaman with Scoob as a totem that has an interpretation of providing protection to be running the gently caress away from everything spooky

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Broken Box posted:

Shaggy as a dog shaman with Scoob as a totem that has an interpretation of providing protection to be running the gently caress away from everything spooky

I mean, it's a very practical response usually. If you aren't a shadow runner or trained in combat, your best interest is usually getting as far away as possible from whatever it is that's trying to blow up the building this week.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poil posted:

I'm not sure if it's even possible for one person to know every rule that well, for a whole table it would be completely impossible.
Maybe a group effort, but then you end up with the problem of multiple people thinking they know the same rule in slightly different ways.

Broken Box posted:

By behavior, Shaggy is a shoo-in for a Raven shaman, of all things. Easily bribed with food, paradoxically both greedy and generous, avoids combat whenever possible, dislikes dark, enclosed spaces.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 22, 2021

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

girl dick energy posted:

By behavior, Shaggy is a shoo-in for a Raven shaman, of all things. Easily bribed with food, paradoxically both greedy and generous, avoids combat whenever possible, dislikes dark, enclosed spaces.

Shaggy has no problem with combat, it's the supernatural he's utterly terrified by. Show him a regular dude threatening to kick his rear end and Shaggy will just put him down.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Shaggy has no problem with combat, it's the supernatural he's utterly terrified by. Show him a regular dude threatening to kick his rear end and Shaggy will just put him down.
Someone never watched Legend of the Phantosaur.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

girl dick energy posted:

People just assume Shaggy is a Dog Shaman. Scooby is actually an Adept with chi abilities focused on movement boosters, investigation skills, and a weird linguistics thing who just happens to hang out with a Raven Shaman for completely unrelated reasons.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Do I even want to know what the Shadowrun verse would make of Scrappy Doo? I’ll leave speculation to those who know it better than me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Insect spirit. Definitely an insect spirit

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
A failed familiar.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
None of them know and they’ve collectively agreed not to question it after what happened the first time.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

scrappy is a rigger's troll drone

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Broken Box posted:

scrappy is a rigger's troll drone

The worst Emotitoy ever programmed.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

He's the traumatic hallucinatory aftershock of an Ares Macrotech Enhanced Interrogation Technique BTL chip.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

achtungnight posted:

Do I even want to know what the Shadowrun verse would make of Scrappy Doo? I’ll leave speculation to those who know it better than me.
A high-Edge shadowrunner with lots of dump stats. Sold out and went corporate eventually.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Discarded bioengineering experiment by Zeta-ImpChem. Even the other corps were disgusted.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Honestly, Free Spirit seems the most likely intepretation.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
A spyware-riddled AR 'virtual assistant' that the party can't figure out how to uninstall from their PANs.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Just caught up on this thread. I'm really liking HK over Dragonfall overall...the missions seem so much more intriguing, as well as the overall plot.

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm sad that there's no mage in this game, PC or otherwise. They're my favourite.

This was why I rolled up a Mage for Hong Kong when my usual default back in DMS and DF is a Rigger with just enough Magic for Heal Wounds and Charisma for Eagle Totem, Haste, and Etiquettes.

As a bonus, I named her Aurora Glimmer, Street Name Starlight. Not badass at all, ain't it?

nightelf_37 fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 13, 2021

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

nightelf_37 posted:

As a bonus, I named her Aurora Glimmer, Street Name Starlight. Not badass at all, ain't it?

Just putting that right out there huh? Good on ya I guess.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Nightelf_37- Maybe your character can help me with a friendship problem sometime. [wink wink]

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

achtungnight posted:

Maybe your character can help me with a friendship problem sometime. [wink wink]

Nah, I think you should ask her teacher.

There's also something I want to talk about regarding Shadows of Hong Kong, but spoiler policy says no. I've informed Kanfy of this, but no response. Something about a bad deal.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what are you idiots doing

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Hold off on talking about Shadows of Hong Kong, we aren't even that far into the main campaign.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nightelf_37 posted:

Nah, I think you should ask her teacher.

There's also something I want to talk about regarding Shadows of Hong Kong, but spoiler policy says no. I've informed Kanfy of this, but no response. Something about a bad deal.

Night elf 37 you are like the perfect platonic embodiment of the phrase "lurk more"

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
amputee fetish pokemon romhack sounds like a btl

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wtl

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

amputee fetish pokemon romhack sounds like a btl

Huh. It does, doesn't it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nah that's a wtl.

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

The Lone Badger posted:

Nah that's a wtl.

Worse-Than-Life? I guess there would be pricks who might sell these kinds of chips instead as a torture device or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There has to be a niche for weird masochistic BTL chips, possibly those are less addictive than the common stuff.
also on lower than true BTL level there has to be pain intensifiers/diminishers for every kink level.