Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

surf rock posted:

edit: Sorry, is that "mash the accept button?" I'm extremely dumb.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Got it, thanks all! Offer accepted. :)

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Shepard out, and in a short bench league I play in on ESPN (so no bench drops) where my alternatives already played, I'm taking a zero for my WR2. Whoops.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Floofy posted:

I’m going to wait until the dreaded ‘O’ shows up next to his name before I have drop Bateman to pick up OJ Howard (Q as well) or Mo Allie Cox.

Good choices, but consider Foster Moreau as well

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

ive clearly angered the football gods with my hubris and humbly apologize

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Waller inactive

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

dkj posted:

Waller inactive

The one league in which I have Waller is 20-teams. My back up TE is Jared Cook (bye week). The "best" TE option on the very thin wire is Waller's backup, whom I'd never heard of before today: Foster Moreau.

Even with Waller now confirmed at 0.00 points, I'm projected to win by 38 points because my opponent in that league fortunately happens to be one of the worst teams and is struggling again this week. So I'm going to eat the zero from Waller and not drop anyone of value for a one week rental of Moreau (hopefully Waller is only out for one week).

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Giants 5, Panthers 3 late in the 3rd quarter?!?

That's a baseball score!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My friend is at that game lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mahomes :(

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Also I feared the rams and sat Swift.
But my team has done terrible anyway soooo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Swift is the S you don't S in DSYS

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

162 last week, barely above water this week :smith:

I may need Bomb Cyclone Deebo to outscore Kamara

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Boy sure would’ve loved if Mike Evans did this last week when I lost by ten instead of this week when I’m well ahead.

Alas, it is the nature of the Evans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ugh I'm gonna lose because Jacobs went out :/

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In a close game with my Renfrow going against her Edwards. That Renfrow catch and stop at the 1 and then the 4th and 1 TD throw to Edwards was a killer. fml

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Whoreson Welles posted:

Boy sure would’ve loved if Mike Evans did this last week when I lost by ten instead of this week when I’m well ahead.

Alas, it is the nature of the Evans.

Every time I’ve had Evans on a team he drove me nuts. Of course whenever he’s on my opponent’s team he goes off that week. Like today

Edit: VVV ah didn’t know AB was out. Still.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 25, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I for one am shocked Evans is having a good week with AB and Gronk out

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

CocoaNuts posted:

The one league in which I have Waller is 20-teams. My back up TE is Jared Cook (bye week). The "best" TE option on the very thin wire is Waller's backup, whom I'd never heard of before today: Foster Moreau.

Even with Waller now confirmed at 0.00 points, I'm projected to win by 38 points because my opponent in that league fortunately happens to be one of the worst teams and is struggling again this week. So I'm going to eat the zero from Waller and not drop anyone of value for a one week rental of Moreau (hopefully Waller is only out for one week).

I'm still going to win (by fewer than the projected 38 points), but my talking down the value of Foster Moreau helped propel him to a pretty good fill-in performance today!

You are welcome, Foster!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Thanks to Hurts being ???? I have a 12 point lead with my Deebo vs. his Kamara in .5PPR :pray:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

Thanks to Hurts being ???? I have a 12 point lead with my Deebo vs. his Kamara in .5PPR :pray:

man I'm in the opposite situation in one league, down 15 with my Kamara vs his Deebo in full PPR.

you'll be fine. Kamara is cursed with Jameis at the helm.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

pmchem posted:

Kamara is cursed with Jameis at the helm.

Well he’s facing the fearsome Seahawks D so

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm in one silly league with with -1 per sack, -4 per int, -4 per fumble, and -4 per fumble lost, Justin Fields got -21 lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

https://twitter.com/gurufantasywrld/status/1452413952110075908?s=21

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I played the guy I traded Jamar Chase to this week lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

I played the guy I traded Jamar Chase to this week lol
Yeah I played the guy I traded Swift to (for Ekeler, who is on his bye).

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
At 4PM I dropped TY Hilton and Kirk Cousins for Kmet and Callaway because I was starting... Waller and Antonio Brown. Lol

Currently up 119 to 107 with only Monday night for either of us left. He has Kamara left to play and obviously I have Callaway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I played the guy I traded Swift to (for Ekeler, who is on his bye).

That’s one of my favorite moves, trading guys to people I play on their bye

Well done by your oppo

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I never trade because I don’t want that poo poo to happen

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pmchem posted:

That’s one of my favorite moves, trading guys to people I play on their bye

Well done by your oppo
I'd rather have Ekeler RoS and I'm going to win so :shrug:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Gawd drat!!!

I was trailing in one league and the late Pittman TD pushed me over the top by less than one point!

Now I just gotta hope some stat correction doesn't gently caress things up.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just need 1 point from Jamal Adams tomorrow

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I had Clowntonio and Saquon out and Ekeler, Amari, MJJr, and ESanders on bye and I have the highest score this week. :thumbsup:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
The guy I’m up against this weekend had a BYE week DST rostered. I texted him and let him know and in the process of changing DSTs, he swapped out Latavius Murray for AJ Dillon and Steelers DST for the Jets.

So in the process of trying to help my friend, I got him to swap out two zero scores and swap in two negative scores!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I guess good things do happen to good people.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Need 6 from Collins tonight, not feeling confident.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I hate when the week comes down to the Monday game. I'm only even still in contention because they started Jets DST and because I realized with no time to spare that I needed to start a TE and a FLEX that were actually playing this week.

Now I need to hope Kamara has a lame day and Callaway goes brazy. I'm so impatient, 8:20PM is so far away.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Bob A Feet posted:

The guy I’m up against this weekend had a BYE week DST rostered. I texted him and let him know and in the process of changing DSTs, he swapped out Latavius Murray for AJ Dillon and Steelers DST for the Jets.

So in the process of trying to help my friend, I got him to swap out two zero scores and swap in two negative scores!

This is a good thread question, what is everyones’ thoughts on alerting your opponent to injuries?

I personally wouldn’t notify people they are starting a BYE player, that is something you should pay attention to. Same goes for a player who has been Q all week or most of the weekend and then gets ruled out before game time. That information is all easily accessible in the days leading up to the game.

The one case I would send a text to my opponent is if they had an otherwise healthy player suddenly get injured the day or morning before a start. Never know what peoples’ weekend schedule is and not everyone has time to check their team every hour of every Sunday morning.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
If we didn't both put money into the league then I would tell my opponent every time. But we did, they're as invested as I am and any oopsie on their end is their own problem, same as any oopsie on my end is my own. That is, I think it would be totally unreasonable to complain that my opponent didn't alert me to something so it's also not reasonable that I should alert someone to their own thing.

I'm not in the habit of telling anyone anything but if the mood strikes me to do so then I would. I don't have any fixed position about it either. If you care more about an equal playing field for a match than an equal playing field for a league (i.e., we all have to take responsibility for our own team, alone) then go in that direction. I don't think there's a universally acceptable ethical position about it, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Whoreson Welles posted:

This is a good thread question, what is everyones’ thoughts on alerting your opponent to injuries?

I personally wouldn’t notify people they are starting a BYE player, that is something you should pay attention to. Same goes for a player who has been Q all week or most of the weekend and then gets ruled out before game time. That information is all easily accessible in the days leading up to the game.

The one case I would send a text to my opponent is if they had an otherwise healthy player suddenly get injured the day or morning before a start. Never know what peoples’ weekend schedule is and not everyone has time to check their team every hour of every Sunday morning.

Take care of your own team, don't make it harder for yourself. I would (and have) alert an opponent of someone I want to lose that they need to make some changes.