Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Like to acknowledge that Byard is BACK

Agreed, after last year I was mentally prepared for him to be a cap casualty if this year went poorly. Very glad to see him back out here leading this defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/titansfilmroom/status/1452378061828079617

Any given Sunday and all, but this schedule looks drat perky for the Tits

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titans gonna have a 14-15 win season and a loss to the Jets lmao

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only two teams with longer streaks of winning seasons than the Titans are the Chiefs and Seahawks, and both are bad enough that they might end this year.

Meanwhile the Titans have an actual chance of getting the 1 or 2 seed due to our joke of a division and having already beaten the other AFC team in a joke of a division. Rams are probably the only team that should be favored over us at this point, and that's out of conference so who gives a gently caress.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Jon Robinson has done a decent job outside of some obvious mistakes

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Dune was really good! Only real weak point is I found myself missing Kyle MacLachlan. Still kinda wished I'd been able to catch that Henry TD pass live though.

drat. The Titans are... a real, real weird team huh? Or the Chiefs are having a Seahawks level meltdown.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I watched Dune today too. I downed some concentrate and some theater nachos and got blasted by the theater sounds. It was cool. Also our bye week so no worries about what Urban's stray digits might be up to.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TSBX posted:

I watched Dune today too. I downed some concentrate and some theater nachos and got blasted by the theater sounds. It was cool. Also our bye week so no worries about what Urban's stray digits might be up to.

Urbs definitely put his hand in some mystery boxes this weekend too

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Trey Smith deserves better than the Chiefs

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

every player on the texans deserves better than the texans, except for desean watson who should be in prison

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dear Tennessee Titans,

Please do not grind Derrick Henry into dust.

His workload is really high and doesn’t give me good vibes for his long term health.

He’s fuckin fun to watch but I wanna watch him for a while, not just for a few dominant seasons. They probably have this season and next season to ride him to a Super Bowl before he starts breaking down if they don’t decrease his carries. He’s led the league in carries two years in a row and has a big lead already this season.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
As both a Jaguars and Alabama fan I want Derrick Henry to stop playing for the Titans as fast as possible but also to live a happy, healthy life afterwards

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think Henry is unlike any running back ever seen before and the traditional “don’t give him too many carries, he’ll wear out” might not apply to him. He doesn’t seem to be fazed by a high workload. Have you ever seen him workout? Dude is a freak of nature.

Maybe one day it will have an impact on him, but what if it doesn’t?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Built Different

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

Built Different

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm unsure what all the carries mean for henry because you never really see him take big hits

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There’s only one explanation

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

No matter what Henry only has a good two or three years left just given his age and position, and/but he’s a once in a generation player.

Let him roll as hard as he can or wants, imo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At least the Texans are doing tanking properly. Top 3 pick here we come!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I think Henry is unlike any running back ever seen before and the traditional “don’t give him too many carries, he’ll wear out” might not apply to him. He doesn’t seem to be fazed by a high workload. Have you ever seen him workout? Dude is a freak of nature.

On the other hand, I've seen Earl Campbell walk and woooof

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

I want to be snarky and joke that we can't even time the suck right (I guess we're gonna draft, uh, Matt Corral?) but I'm so happy to have a reason to watch the first night of the draft my heart's not fully into it

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

In addition to Henry being just insanely talented and hard working and all of that it seems that modern advances in how to manage a workload on the body with recovery time is helping him too. The broadcast mentioned yesterday that basically right after a game till the next game he's doing a bunch of recovery poo poo with cryo and IV, and probably science wonder drugs that are totally legal etc.

Someone did also point out that Henry didn't have that many carries early as a Titan and also early at Alabama so his lifetime carry total isn't as high as you might think.

Metapod posted:

I'm unsure what all the carries mean for henry because you never really see him take big hits
Any play where he's carrying the ball there's maybe 4 people on the other team that can even credibly hit him "big" and they are all on the LOS mostly not getting up to a full run before making contact with him (if at all). Having watched Chris Johnson get tackled versus Derrick Henry, it's just no comparison.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just think Henry's a unicorn, so who knows when he breaks down, but yeah, he's probably gonna have a rough post-career life, because, well, running back.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Kirios posted:

I’m worried if Taylor comes back we might beat one of the other awful teams and end up 5-6th. Just keep him benched and let Mills get destroyed the rest of the year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We definitely know Mills isn't the guy so screw it let him get the reps while we lose 52-3 every game.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
The issue is you gave Henry like 29 carries in a game that was never in doubt. I have no problem with giving him work, just do it when it matters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Not really AFCS news anymore but man injuries have just wrecked what was an all time career in the making

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1453550304650276865

I think that's what, five of the last six years that ended early with an injury?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm no doctor but doing stuff like playing an additional half of football with a hurt shoulder in a blowout game probably did not help JJ in the long run.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll always remember watt for the letterman jacket

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cornball rear end jj watt. Biiiiig jj watt.

Big Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

For Halloween King Henry is giving out tricks (stiff arms) and treats (TDs to us fantasy owners)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Why are the Colts favored? Is Henry out today trick or treating instead?

Bet the farm on the titans

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I want Tyrod back, that version of the Texans was a lot more fun.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Athanatos posted:

They lost to the jets and the colts are Jets Indiana?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Athanatos posted:

Always Bet On Wentz.

In all seriousness tho it’s probably down to Injuries and the Titans having a rough go with Indy’s backfield. Hines and Taylor are very good against the tity bois

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I do not believe the Colts will win this game but hell, I hope they do

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Knew the Colts would win this one.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol classic Tennessee to completely poo poo the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Athanatos posted: