Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Not being able to see out the front of the car while driving will surely make cars safer :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Radirot posted:

wow you don't say! Jesus Christ youre annoying

This is the designated forum for formerly gifted children, after all

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer12 posted:

Not being able to see out the front of the car while driving will surely make cars safer :rolleyes:
it's funny that you don't realize this is actually true

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dolphin posted:

did you just cross-post a grudge in a totally unrelated topic because you got mad about something i said 6 months ago?

No, but your reaction to my comment is telling. Historically whenever someone starts talking about "energy efficiency" in terms of climate change they inevitably start going down the malthusian road to eugenics.

Energy efficiency is good and has a place in every environmental discussion but it has to be very narrowly focused.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

Abolish glass

The Dutch had the right idea with taxing windows. Linux forever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dolphin posted:

no coal ever gets used in construction or industry serving car infrastructure :downs:

what coal powered construction equipment do they use on your planet

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

what coal powered construction equipment do they use on your planet
have you heard of electricity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

have you heard of electricity

what kind of cement mixers cranes or backhoes run on electricity in your world

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

indigi posted:

what do they run on?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

Oh cute you think cement mixers cranes and backhoes are responsible for the emissions in the construction segment.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just for fun let’s say the emissions from all transportation (14%), half of electricity and heat generation (12.5%), half of buildings (3%), and half of industry (10.5%) are only in service to cars and car infrastructure.

you still don’t delete “most” emissions by snapping away cars

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

in any case it's absurd to argue that the climate impact of all the tonnes of cement and asphalt used in making roads is anything other than catastrophic. diagnosis: carbrain

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i don't care what percentage of emissions would be eliminated by scrapping every car in america, i just want it to happen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sphyre posted:

in any case it's absurd to argue that the climate impact of all the tonnes of cement and asphalt used in making roads is anything other than catastrophic. diagnosis: carbrain

your thought process when you’ve been doored too many times

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

i don't care what percentage of emissions would be eliminated by scrapping every car in america, i just want it to happen

yeah that’s a fine wish

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i take the lane bitch, i don't give a gently caress about inconveniencing cagers

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

just for fun let’s say the emissions from all transportation (14%), half of electricity and heat generation (12.5%), half of buildings (3%), and half of industry (10.5%) are only in service to cars and car infrastructure.

you still don’t delete “most” emissions by snapping away cars
And scaling down society to fit, yeah I think you do. But it's just a hunch! Which is why I asked for facts not other hunches

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

And scaling down society to fit, yeah I think you do. But it's just a hunch! Which is why I asked for facts not other hunches

scaling down society? now you’re back on your Malthusian bullshit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

scaling down society? now you’re back on your Malthusian bullshit
no, idiot, scaling down society like scaling down the size of our infrastructure, not eliminating humans. christ those energy weapons did a number on your brain

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sphyre posted:

i take the lane bitch, i don't give a gently caress about inconveniencing cagers

*runs u over*

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

gently caress cars, and loving concrete roads can eat me

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember in war of the worlds movie when they made every car undrivable

they were onto something

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LonsomeSon posted:

gently caress cars, and loving concrete roads can eat me
*Minnesota bridge going omm nom*

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Blockade posted:

Oh wow, look at the QRT's and replies on this:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1452450113830461441

:brainworms: posted:

If car dependence is bad, then how come I can't do anything without a car? :smugbert:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

earth can support an infinite number of humans with infinitely increasing consumption and to think otherwise is eugenics

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This page sucks total rear end (like cars). I can't wait to bike tomorrow and hopefully I dont get murdered by a negligent driver.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

This page sucks total rear end (like cars). I can't wait to bike tomorrow and hopefully I dont get murdered by a negligent driver.

I biked 30 miles on the Empire State Trail the other day. barely a car at all since it's mostly all separated. it loving ruled.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Dolphin posted:

no, idiot, scaling down society like scaling down the size of our infrastructure, not eliminating humans. christ those energy weapons did a number on your brain

mods????

someone cancel this malthusian ecofascist!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

carbrain is inextricably linked to a psychotic desire to see number rise at all costs

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

paul_soccer12 posted:

the only safe car is a dead car

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

No, but your reaction to my comment is telling. Historically whenever someone starts talking about "energy efficiency" in terms of climate change they inevitably start going down the malthusian road to eugenics.

Energy efficiency is good and has a place in every environmental discussion but it has to be very narrowly focused.

Lol, the poster is talking about collective, societal action as opposed to “I’m gonna be sure to turn off my light when I exit the room” and your response is: ugh, slippery slope to murdering children.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There's really no saving this place is there lol

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

remember how for like 80 years cars burnt leaded petrol. it was well known that lead gave you brain damage but they did it anyway. lol

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

We still burn leaded gas, it's used in avgas so every small airplane you see is spewing it out and if you live near an airport for years surprise you will have higher lead levels when you get tested.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

We still burn leaded gas, it's used in avgas so every small airplane you see is spewing it out and if you live near an airport for years surprise you will have higher lead levels when you get tested.

wtf, so like recreational planes?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yes, anything that is not a jet

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

Uh factories and electricity generation have more emissions than cars

Transportation as a whole has more than either but that's shipping and planes and everything

there's intentional conflation between CO2 emissions and other emissions like SO2, NO2, etc. Container ships basically burn stuff slightly thinner than asphalt, and it emits a poo poo load of SO2/NO2 - but in terms of CO2, container ships aren't anywhere close to cars.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

the only safe car is a dead car

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no big deal, just poisoning your kids cause i like my fun floaty car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Dolphin posted:

no big deal, just poisoning your kids cause i like my fun floaty car

Isn't nature beautiful I say, as I take in the view from above the local elementary school and reservoir. There isn't a car in sight from up here!