Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Whether you're utterly destroying your enemies through assimilation or through genocide (with the half rear end justification of "saving lives"), the effect is the same: your enemies, who are beings with the right to life, are completely gone. It's very difficult to say that the Borg are wrong for doing it one way when you intend to do the same thing the other way.

It seems amazing to me that of all the senior officers aboard the Enterprise, Beverly was the only one who saw the plan for what it was. She was right; all the others were 100% wrong, no matter their rationalizations.

This is ignoring that you're condemning other species to death just through inaction and the Borg by their very nature cannot be defeated decisively conventionally, reasoned with or bought to the diplomacy table. So by insisting 'all life' has a right to exist, the Enterprise is passively condemning countless other species to be devoured by the Borg, but hey they're all off screen and largely live in the Delta Quadrant thousands of light years away so all of those holocausts are out of sight and out of mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eimi posted:

By the time of First Contact, Picard had been killed and replaced by his Mirror Universe counterpart, Larry.

Ah, another erudite fan of the Shatnerverse I see.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

multijoe posted:

This is ignoring that you're condemning other species to death just through inaction and the Borg by their very nature cannot be defeated decisively conventionally, reasoned with or bought to the diplomacy table. So by insisting 'all life' has a right to exist, the Enterprise is passively condemning countless other species to be devoured by the Borg, but hey they're all off screen and largely live in the Delta Quadrant thousands of light years away so all of those holocausts are out of sight and out of mind!
This was the argument of that alien played by Ray Wise on Voyager, who tries to take revenge on the crew because they got his homeworld wiped out by stopping Species 8472

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was the argument of that alien played by Ray Wise on Voyager, who tries to take revenge on the crew because they got his homeworld wiped out by stopping Species 8472

Was he wrong? About the genocides that is, not pointlessly taking revenge on Voyager.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
It's pretty dumb to imagine that they could kill the Borg with a jpeg.

Like, if it really is that hazardous, why didn't it destroy the Enterprise's computer?

Also genociding the Founders doesn't destroy the Dominion. You've still got all those Jem'Hadar and Vorta kicking around. If anything, utilising the threat of it on the Founders to force peace is the smart play - it's like having a hostage, once you actually kill the hostage you lose your leverage.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I still say that they should've used the opportunity in Voyager to mostly kill off the Borg with species 8472. Have them find nothing but destroyed cubes when they got there. Then stumble across some wreckage and rescue Seven of Nine to find out what happened. Be very creeped out about something easily defeating the Borg like that. Then book it out of Borg space as fast as possible. Maybe hint that pockets of the collective survived and they might build back some day.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

When quantum duplicate Harry Kim brought quantum duplicate baby Naomi Wildman to Voyager, what did they do with the dead baby Naomi Wildman they still had on their ship? Put her in some kind of baby torpedo casing? Recycle into the replicator?

Turned into feline supplements.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The long form, optimistic view of the Borg is that you ultimately could, through the strength of your ideals, bring them into a peaceful galactic community.

I assume this was never intentional writing, but the Borg evolved a lot through their interactions with the Federation. Janeway explicitly Does reason/negotiate with them. And that unimatrix zero thing showed an emergent behaviour where individual Borg drones were living out a fantasy life as individuals with their previous culture intact.

It would be awesome to have a (well written) series where in the future all the galactic powers are existing peacefully, and have to cooperate to address some new challenge.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Grand Fromage posted:

I think the real problem is we don't know what the virus was going to do exactly. We've seen numerous examples that when you cut off the connection to the collective, drones regain their sense of self. So if the virus is destroying the collective itself, not all the members of it, I don't see the moral issue with that.

I'm pretty sure the 'total systems failure' it's intended to produce is the death of all borg. They're too busy thinking about fractals to do stuff like life support or reactor control.

'I, Borg' is what, the third time the Federation has interacted with Borg? That's two skirmishes and one peaceful conversation with Hugh. But hey they're difficult to understand so just slaughter them all.

Did no one learn anything from watching Shatner fight a man in a rubber dinosaur costume?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The Gorn analogy would be more applicable if the Gorn actually were guys in rubber suits and freeing them from the rubber suits lets them act like who they previously were. That's the thing with the Borg. Sure killing them is bad, but destroying the Collective and freeing the drones? Saving drones and de-Borging them is always portrayed as a heroic act. How is doing that on a large scale different than the small ones we've seen?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Eimi posted:

The Gorn analogy would be more applicable if the Gorn actually were guys in rubber suits and freeing them from the rubber suits lets them act like who they previously were. That's the thing with the Borg. Sure killing them is bad, but destroying the Collective and freeing the drones? Saving drones and de-Borging them is always portrayed as a heroic act. How is doing that on a large scale different than the small ones we've seen?

Because they never do it on a large scale and at the end of 90s trek they're just as much a menance to everyone else in the galaxy as they were at the start. Obviously that would be the ideal solution but it's also completely outside the scope of anyone's ability

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
This whole debate is literally just I Borg in forums chat, lol. Picard WAS ready to press the button until Hugh showed that a Borg removed from the collective COULD regain individuality and that the collective is not the Be-All End-All of what a Borg is. He was already resisting the moral of his own rescue until he saw it reflected in Hugh.

Now the question is what the gently caress ARE the Borg anyway? They have babies in drawers. Are those actual Borg The Original Species babies or assimilated babies? Are the original Borg the bulk of The Borg still and they reproduce or have they gone completely beyond that? There's no known origin of the Borg, one could suspect it was a society of individuals that went too far into The Singularity and grey gooped themselves into this poo poo? Was Hugh an original Borg or an assimilated? I don't think there's any way of knowing from what's in the show.

I don't know that I have a point here, just thinkin' bout borgs

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

MillennialVulcan posted:

This whole debate is literally just I Borg in forums chat, lol. Picard WAS ready to press the button until Hugh showed that a Borg removed from the collective COULD regain individuality and that the collective is not the Be-All End-All of what a Borg is. He was already resisting the moral of his own rescue until he saw it reflected in Hugh.

Now the question is what the gently caress ARE the Borg anyway? They have babies in drawers. Are those actual Borg The Original Species babies or assimilated babies? Are the original Borg the bulk of The Borg still and they reproduce or have they gone completely beyond that? There's no known origin of the Borg, one could suspect it was a society of individuals that went too far into The Singularity and grey gooped themselves into this poo poo? Was Hugh an original Borg or an assimilated? I don't think there's any way of knowing from what's in the show.

And then you find out it was some dude whose last thoughts were that he didn't want to become a cyborg and there we go.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Destroying the Founders would be a bad move (says the Vorta fan, but). You wipe them out, you're effectively destroying the Vorta and the Jem'Hadar too and then chaos reigns in a huge chunk of the galaxy that hasn't known anything else for thousands of years. I mean they *really* suck, but that's some loving around that will lead to some serious finding out.

e: "Where are the supply ships?"
"Who knows, they left a message screaming 'THE GODS ARE DEAD, SAVE YOURSELVES' and we haven't heard back since"

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 25, 2021

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
They kind of address that in The Die Is Cast right? The Romulan/Cardassian leaders get called out on "Yo if this works and you nuke the Founders every Jem'Hadar is going to go loving apeshit and come screaming out of the wormhole" and their response was basically "Yeah, they'll burn themselves out after a while. Sucks to be you on DS9 though."

Edit: Oh god I just fact checked myself and worse than the strike force leadership saying that it's a Starfleet Security Vice Admiral because OF COURSE IT IS

I'm also surprised that the Obsidian Order fleet was setup 11 whole episodes before this all went down. For Season 3 DS9 that's actually some pretty impressive planning.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 25, 2021

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Possibly you could view the Borg like the crystalline entity, just a force of nature that doesn't really understand what it's doing, or maybe they're mysterious enough that there might be something nice about the Borg that just eliminating them without thinking through the details would destroy. Maybe any mass-de-borging attempt wouldn't penetrate the entirety of the collective and would just antagonize the Borg into attacking directly. Maybe a mass-de-borging without a fleet of superfast refugee aid ship would just kill all the former collective members as they find themselves on non-functional ships out in the depths of space that they don't know how to use and probably don't have enough food to keep all units independently active at once.

Of course, the real answer is that the Borg are a cool part of the franchise that still generate a lot of fan interest (unlike the Romulans) so eliminating most of them would be foolish, but there is a sort of instinct that destroying unique things may be bad.

Unless any writer in the franchise wants to do some big elaboration on the nature of the Borg (and is allowed to write a big story to do so), they will be stuck at the current status quo forever. But then I still want some Star Trek to pick up what TMP laid down and find that machine society that doesn't acknowledge organic life that fixed up the Voyager probe so it could start absorbing technology. Or maybe that space whale society.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007
Although I would have let Odo and the founders die if I was hypothetically in the Star Trek universe and had some sway in section 31 or whatever, I do wonder if the Dominion War would have been avoided if Tain and the Tal’Shiar hadn’t gotten the bright idea to preemptively whack the founders. From the perspective of the Founders, I could see that attacking the founders evaporated any hesitation they may have had about going to war with the Alpha Quadrant.

I also fully understand why the characters on a show who are the protagonists of an evolved humanity wouldn’t do this poo poo, and that I am taking the side of roughly 99% of the starfleet admiralty, who presumably would be on board with heinous poo poo. I can live with it. I can live with it.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Unless any writer in the franchise wants to do some big elaboration on the nature of the Borg (and is allowed to write a big story to do so), they will be stuck at the current status quo forever.

FWIW, the relaunch novel timeline did this (I suspect because every author was pitching their own Big Borg Story and the higher-ups finally said "fine, let's do one major Borg event and then they'll be gone for good"). It was... fine-ish, and I give them credit for staying away from the Borg from then on, and since the relaunch novels are ending it looks like they stuck to that successfully. Mostly, it was used to get all the individual relaunch series synced up with each other and to set up a new political status quo. Because at the end of the day, as Voyager showed, Borg stories lose a lot of power if they're overexposed.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hey, I still love the Romulans! I can't say I really like what the recent shows have done with them, but they are my favorite race in Trek. They have so much potential, even if it all boils down to them being sneaky and uniform. Which doesn't make sense for a race who is supposed to be highly emotional, which is why I want them to be examined in more detail.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Romulans are also my favorites and have been done dirty many times.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thirded

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

On a certain level this Borg conversation is academic, since it was later established in VOY that anytime a Borg ship is infected by some sort of unknown pathogen, whether biological or computational, the collective just dump the afflicted ships out of the network or outright destroy them. In all likelihood the virus would not only have had no effect on the collective beyond the initial point of infection, it would have made the Federation's situation worse by making the collective perceive them as a greater threat even more worthy of assimilation.

And to add my two cents on the Founders, I think something we tend to overlook is that they are profoundly spiteful when they put their mind(s) to it. In the alliance's final assault on Cardassia the Female Changeling didn't so much have a defensive strategy so much as a command to inflict as many casualties on the alliance as possible to make the actual end of the conflict and reestablishment of peace all the more difficult. Added to that the penchant of the Founders for extreme out-of-left-field gambits (Kamikaze a Federation capital ship to insert a Vorta mole at Starfleet HQ! Sacrifice your homeworld to orbital bombardment to destroy the Romulan and Cardassian intelligence services!) and I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that, with their strategic position in the Alpha Quadrant collapsing while their species dies of an incurable disease, the Founders would order one final ultimate act of revenge against their enemies. Imagine the Founders giving their last order to supply the Jem'Hadar fleets with those trilithium bombs changeling Bashir had and sent them on a suicide run to nuke the suns of the key systems of all the major powers. Sure, not all the Jem'Hadar would get through, but probably enough to kill a few dozen billion people, if not destroy interstellar civilization in that region of space for the next half a millennium.

What I'm trying to say is that while you can be the 'ard man and go full genocide against enemies that pose an existential threat, there's no guarantee that your solution will actually work, and there's a pretty good chance that if you fail those enemies will escalate to a level you cannot hope to match.

J33uk posted:

I'm also surprised that the Obsidian Order fleet was setup 11 whole episodes before this all went down. For Season 3 DS9 that's actually some pretty impressive planning.
If memory serves, that was more of a happy accident. They had Tom Riker steal the Defiant in "Defiant" and discover that the Obsidian Order had illegally built a fleet that they had based in the Orias System, but at the time they didn't have any future plans for that plot point. When they were originally drafting "Improbable Cause" the original idea was to explore the fallout of Garak's killing of Entek in "Second Skin", where Garak would blow up his own shop as a pretext to get Odo involved in foiling the Order's actual plan to kill Garak as punishment for killing one of their own. However, early on in the process the producers suggested picking up on the illegal fleet, and the story kept expanding to the point where it became a two-parter and a major event that changed how the rest of DS9 developed.

Marshal Radisic fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 26, 2021

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Problematic Soup posted:

Although I would have let Odo and the founders die if I was hypothetically in the Star Trek universe and had some sway in section 31 or whatever, I do wonder if the Dominion War would have been avoided if Tain and the Tal’Shiar hadn’t gotten the bright idea to preemptively whack the founders. From the perspective of the Founders, I could see that attacking the founders evaporated any hesitation they may have had about going to war with the Alpha Quadrant.

I also fully understand why the characters on a show who are the protagonists of an evolved humanity wouldn’t do this poo poo, and that I am taking the side of roughly 99% of the starfleet admiralty, who presumably would be on board with heinous poo poo. I can live with it. I can live with it.

The Tal'Shiar head honcho running the 'nuke the founders' operation was a founder.

They're loving cops, man.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Been rewatching Enterprise and I've surprised myself by enjoying it, but just got to Dear Doctor and I forgot how much I utterly hate that episode. Gotta love making our captain basically guilty of genocide, with utterly laughable reasoning. It fits with that era utterly failing to understand the Prime Directive though. :negative: It's there so our heroes make a choice to defy it and do the right thing, in universe to put a stop before someone goes helping, not to provide an excuse for genocide.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

disaster pastor posted:

FWIW, the relaunch novel timeline did this (I suspect because every author was pitching their own Big Borg Story and the higher-ups finally said "fine, let's do one major Borg event and then they'll be gone for good"). It was... fine-ish, and I give them credit for staying away from the Borg from then on, and since the relaunch novels are ending it looks like they stuck to that successfully. Mostly, it was used to get all the individual relaunch series synced up with each other and to set up a new political status quo. Because at the end of the day, as Voyager showed, Borg stories lose a lot of power if they're overexposed.
It also had an interesting secondary effect on how the novels handled the Temporal Cold War. Since the creation of the Borg involved the Columbia NX-02 getting involved in temporal shenanigans a few years after the founding of the Federation, the various parties to the Temporal Cold War agreed to not interfere in any events between the foundation of the Federation in 2161 and the dissolution of the collective in 2381. Apparently in any timelines where the collective survives past the late 24th century they grow too big for any other galactic power to defeat within 200-400 years, and they pretty much complete the assimilation of the Milky Way Galaxy by the 31st century. As a result, the TCW powers can freely screw around with history prior to the Columbia's loss, since wiping out Earth will wipe out the Borg as well. However, once the Columbia goes back in time they all have a vested in interest in maintaining the timeline such that the Federation is able to dispose of the collective in 2381, after which all bets are off and everyone can go hog-wild again. In essence, this is an elaborate, intensely nerdy explanation for why the Temporal Cold War never appeared in any of the older Trek series, all of which were set firmly in the 23rd and mid-24th centuries. If you ever wondered why the Na'kuhl never tried to assassinate Kirk or whatever, that's the reason according to the novelverse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MillennialVulcan posted:

The Borg collective is a mechanical parasite that infects sentient biological hosts and uses their brains to act as processing nodes of its collective. If you kill all the drones you genocide the Borg. If you free all the drones you genocide the Borg.

Shyrka posted:

It's pretty dumb to imagine that they could kill the Borg with a jpeg.

Like, if it really is that hazardous, why didn't it destroy the Enterprise's computer?

Also genociding the Founders doesn't destroy the Dominion. You've still got all those Jem'Hadar and Vorta kicking around. If anything, utilising the threat of it on the Founders to force peace is the smart play - it's like having a hostage, once you actually kill the hostage you lose your leverage.

Hey now, .jpgs are magical things. There are thousands of people today that think you can become rich by owning a link to one.

Marshal Radisic posted:

the dissolution of the collective in 2381

Wait, what?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 26, 2021

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, what?

It's the novel extended universe where there was a large ongoing 'final' Borg conflict that resulted in the Collective ceasing to exist in 2281. It was dissolved and the Drones that didn't choose individuality reabsorbed into the non-hostile race that the Borg were an offshoot of, I think it went.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shyrka posted:

The Tal'Shiar head honcho running the 'nuke the founders' operation was a founder.

They're loving cops, man.
Yeah I get the impression that the Founders saw the Obsidian Order and Tal'Shiar as a major threat, so they used the opportunity of the attack to take out the entire leadership of both groups

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Seemlar posted:

It's the novel extended universe where there was a large ongoing 'final' Borg conflict that resulted in the Collective ceasing to exist in 2281. It was dissolved and the Drones that didn't choose individuality reabsorbed into the non-hostile race that the Borg were an offshoot of, I think it went.

Yeah. I'll spoiler it to be safe, though the trilogy is over a decade old at this point:

- Just before the Earth-Romulan War, Columbia is crippled in a Romulan attack and loses warp drive and communications. Much, much later, they make it to the nearest M-class planet, home of the Caeliar, an advanced species who have very strong feelings about not interfering with other species and not being interfered with. Because they're also super preservative of life, they let the Columbia crew stay on the condition that they don't gently caress anything up. Also they're so advanced that they've replaced their own cells with programmable semi-artificial cells. I wonder if that'll be relevant.

- Because the Columbia crew are humans (and Enterprise-era humans, objectively the worst kind), they gently caress things up and the planet explodes in a time-travely way. Three Caeliar city-ships survive. The "main" one is thrown back to the 1600s or so and finds a new planet. The second one is thrown back billions of years and ends up Dyson-sphering a whole galaxy. The third one is thrown back about 6000 years and into the Delta Quadrant; eventually, desperate to survive, the last Delta Quadrant Caeliar combines her cells with the last of the Columbia crew and we have the first Borg. (Columbia herself is thrown into the Gamma Quadrant, but nobody survives.)

- 2381, the Borg are going their big gently caress-off Alpha Quadrant invasion where they're so pissed at being foiled by humans so many times that they're just destroying everything and only bothering to assimilate people if they're so important that it would give the Borg a tactical advantage. Titan finds the main Caeliar, who are mostly like "wow, that sucks, but this isn't our fight, sorry." Until finally they discover, "whoa, one of us did this, this is kinda our fight." Long story short, they get themselves a link into the Collective, usurp the Queen, then set all the drones free. It'd be a deus ex machina if you weren't supposed to see it coming for three books. The vast majority go with the Caeliar to a new life somewhere else, yay.

As I said, it's arguably a less interesting story than the aftermath was (having to deal with tens of billions dead, thousands of ships blown up, hundreds of planets destroyed, and the formation of a new political alignment), but they definitely went big with it.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Why would they even allow Locutus to keep that stupid mixer attachment on his arm if they could just remove it from the start.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Man I'd like to have the job of doing for the Vorta and the Dominion what Una McCormack did for the Cardassians or Diane Duane for the Romulans. The only time we ever see two Vorta talking to each other, both of them are Weyoun. What are they like?? Like, day to day? Weyoun is kind of lovely and quick-tempered with people he perceives as below him - are they all like that? Is he like that with other Vorta? How come Yelgrun's affect is so different? Are Vorta in general incapable of doing violence with their own hands? It kinda looks like it.

Someone hire me to write glorified fanfic or an RPG supplement or something. I want to work all this out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Man I'd like to have the job of doing for the Vorta and the Dominion what Una McCormack did for the Cardassians or Diane Duane for the Romulans. The only time we ever see two Vorta talking to each other, both of them are Weyoun. What are they like?? Like, day to day? Weyoun is kind of lovely and quick-tempered with people he perceives as below him - are they all like that? Is he like that with other Vorta? How come Yelgrun's affect is so different? Are Vorta in general incapable of doing violence with their own hands? It kinda looks like it.

Someone hire me to write glorified fanfic or an RPG supplement or something. I want to work all this out.

The Vortas are people persons. They take the orders from the Founders to the Jem'Hadar and the other lesser races. They're people persons. They're good with people!

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
There is some ACTING going on in this episode.

Now Picard is covered in mud and having a breakdown.

Goddamn what a piece of poo poo Robert is. This tough brotherly love angle is just not earned enough.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Shyrka posted:

Yes but also no.

He was running the operation, but it wasn't his idea. The Dominion was already working the Alpha Quadrant powers against each other before that, but Tain's plan forced them to move their timetable up by decades. The Cardassian strike was going ahead even if that guy wasn't a Founder. His impact was supplying the cloaking devices (that were ultimately a charade anyhow). It isn't like the Founders needed a false flag operation to justify their war or anything. The Cardassians had the idea to nuke the Founders and Tal'Shiar guy found a way to get a whole second bird with that stone.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

were tom paris and kes loving the whole time?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

punishedkissinger posted:

were tom paris and kes loving the whole time?

No, sometimes Paris flies the ship.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

When I was a kid I watched TNG and Voyager, not really in any particular order. Picked up Discovery out of boredom and really loved the first 2 seasons so far, especially Pike in season 2. It prompted me to start watching through TOS with a friend and wow the remaster looks great for something from the 60s, I kind of finally get why so many people got so invested in ST.

The misogyny and sexism however :whitewater:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ijyt posted:

When I was a kid I watched TNG and Voyager, not really in any particular order. Picked up Discovery out of boredom and really loved the first 2 seasons so far, especially Pike in season 2. It prompted me to start watching through TOS with a friend and wow the remaster looks great for something from the 60s, I kind of finally get why so many people got so invested in ST.

The misogyny and sexism however :whitewater:
What, it’s not funny when the bridge crew laugh off the fact that someone almost raped Yeoman Rand?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Personally I'm in favour of attempting to aggressively culture-jam the Borg with cloned bodies run by cybernetic implants and stuffed full of ethical viruses. Sure thing pal, add our distinctiveness to your own, we're going to assimilate you from the inside out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The best solution is the Night Crew solution. Get one Borg to party all Borg will have to party. Just beam over only your most sloshed crew members.