Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mormon Nailer posted:

Thank you for giving me an idea.

You better make it happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zurtilik posted:

TRYING. Money is fake anyway, so why not throw it all at people that need it.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Mormon Nailer posted:

Thought I saw Ryan North in my yard but it was just a scarecrow. Almost got spooked by a Canadian.

we're v scary

Stoner Sloth

TVsVeryOwn posted:

we're v scary

dressing as a canadian for halloween

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Stoner Sloth posted:

do it. you'll be sorry

Stoner Sloth

TVsVeryOwn posted:

do it. you'll be sorry

lmbo

Stoner Sloth

also what's the haps friends?

just went out for a smoke and a weed and watched a little drama unfold

two tiny orb weaver spiders, the larger female and pure white, were mating but it became quite windy and the two got seperated

fortunately for the male the female was quite horny and managed to spool up the web line and reconnect

unfortunately for the male she was also hungry and grabbed him and wrapped him up in silk after they finished

having done so she started to make her way up to the leaf she was suspended from to eat him

unfortunately for her there was a large huntsmen spider sheltering from the wind under there

she got away barely at the last moment by dropping on the line, abandoning her meal at least temporarily, just before it could get her

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Stoner Sloth posted:

TVsVeryOwn posted:

do it. you'll be sorry

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Stoner Sloth posted:

also what's the haps friends?

just went out for a smoke and a weed and watched a little drama unfold

two tiny orb weaver spiders, the larger female and pure white, were mating but it became quite windy and the two got seperated

fortunately for the male the female was quite horny and managed to spool up the web line and reconnect

unfortunately for the male she was also hungry and grabbed him and wrapped him up in silk after they finished

having done so she started to make her way up to the leaf she was suspended from to eat him

unfortunately for her there was a large huntsmen spider sheltering from the wind under there

she got away barely at the last moment by dropping on the line, abandoning her meal at least temporarily, just before it could get her

Common relationship issues.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

:kimchi: I love when the kiddos reach out. It's so wholesome.

I actually kept in touch with the mom over the years and had dinner with them after moving back. The oldest sister used to be so shy in elementary school and wouldn't really talk to me if I talk to her in school. She was really talkative outside of that when I visited her at their restaurant/home. Now she's going to beautician school is is total gyaru. It's wild.

alnilam

Zil posted:

You could start giving us stage directions in probes or just yelling "cut cut cut" for random reasons.

definitely do this imo

Heather Papps

hello friend

"and once more, with feeling (butts)"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

today i should change my tires i think but i'm not feeling very energetic. maybe if i make some coffee i will discover some ambition.

Escape From Noise

Did you speak with the orb?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6GZo9EeT8

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Heather Papps posted:

today i should change my tires i think but i'm not feeling very energetic. maybe if i make some coffee i will discover some ambition.

change your tiiiiires

i'm the ghost of road safety future

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

pnac attack posted:

change your tiiiiires

i'm the ghost of road safety future

help i'm being terrified into responsibility.

the coffee is working. gonna eat a little lunch than go get my hands dirty. so a while ago i read this smart trick where you drag your nails across soap before doing mechanical work, so that rust and oil and grease don't get jammed up under there and make it hard to clean.

i have never remembered to do it before i get started so i have no idea if it's a good life hack or not. today i'm going to try it. i will report back on how good of a trick this is.

e: another good tire changing trick is like a half hour before you turn any lug nuts give em a good spray with wd40. makes the whole process much smoother

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 26, 2021

Prof. Crocodile

speaking of tires i had a supernatural experience with tires the other day

one of my tires went super flat--full to empty in like 90 seconds, which made me think that it had a slash on the inner wall or something. i took it to the tire shop and said 'hey man don't even try to patch this thing, just quote me a new one.'

then the dude was like 'we were able to patch your tire, no need to spend money on new ones.'

and i was like :aaaaa:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Prof. Crocodile posted:

one of my tires went super flat--full to empty in like 90 seconds, which made me think that it had a slash on the inner wall or something. i took it to the tire shop and said 'hey man don't even try to patch this thing, just quote me a new one.'

then the dude was like 'we were able to patch your tire, no need to spend money on new ones.'

the rare reverse swindle

BoldFrankensteinMir

Zurtilik posted:

Netflix should just make a show of giving random aspiring directors like $10,000 and let them have at a 30 minute film.

Zurtilik posted:

Maybe that's what I will do if I come into too much money.

Mormon Nailer posted:

Thank you for giving me an idea.

Zurtilik posted:

*Cough cough* maybe you have a cool friend *inconspicuous cough*, with a good track record *cough* and crew connections *cough*

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

*Cough cough* maybe you have a cool friend *inconspicuous cough*, with a good track record *cough* and crew connections *cough*

Yup. I'm postin' with 'im. YER SOAKIN IN IT.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just gotta get my brain on track to figure this out.

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this may never come up for most people, but if you ever have a rental car get a flat, you can either have the rental company charge you for the replacement (multiple hundreds of dollars) or pay a mechanic to patch it for you (which ended up costing I dunno like $30)

this may not come as a shock, but as with filling up your tank with gas, having the rental car company do literally anything you can do yourself (or pay someone to do) is a gigantic scam

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

this may never come up for most people, but if you ever have a rental car get a flat, you can either have the rental company charge you for the replacement (multiple hundreds of dollars) or pay a mechanic to patch it for you (which ended up costing I dunno like $30)

this may not come as a shock, but as with filling up your tank with gas, having the rental car company do literally anything you can do yourself (or pay someone to do) is a gigantic scam

I worked for ABG and can confirm.

And never, EVER use their electronic toll passes. Pay the toll and get a receipt and submit it through customer service at corporate, NOT at the rental desk, and keep the receipt on file at home.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
HAIL TO YOU ALL.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Manifisto posted:

My rental car got a flat tire, but I had the full insurance that covered tires, so I drove 300 miles on the donut.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

so a while ago i read this smart trick where you drag your nails across soap before doing mechanical work, so that rust and oil and grease don't get jammed up under there and make it hard to clean.

i have never remembered to do it before i get started so i have no idea if it's a good life hack or not. today i'm going to try it. i will report back on how good of a trick this is.

hp's lifehack reviews gives soap under the nails a 8/10. if my fingernails hadn't been trimmed yesterday it would have worked a little better, but even with the small space available it made cleaning up post tire change much easier and faster.

aldantefax posted:

HAIL TO YOU ALL.

:black101::regd10:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

aldantefax posted:

HAIL TO YOU ALL.

Hail and well met!

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Heather Papps posted:

hp's lifehack reviews gives soap under the nails a 8/10. if my fingernails hadn't been trimmed yesterday it would have worked a little better, but even with the small space available it made cleaning up post tire change much easier and faster.

:black101::regd10:

grats on ur tires. ty for the tip

----------------

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Hello Buttchocks, welcome to your new job site. This will be the visitors parking lot when the facility is finished. Riiiiight next to the main entrance. Contractor parking? Ok, you want to go out the gate, then take a left and drive about a quarter mile, then a right for another quarter mile through the road that's blocked by the backhoes. That will take you to the service road that isn't paved or marked in any way. Take that until you get to the security gate that isn't manned. If the gate's locked, just call the number and someone should come around eventually. From this point, there are no lights whatsoever, so watch out for the open holes that aren't roped off. Keep going about 5 or 10 minutes down the crushed stone path, then take a right through the broken glass field. After that you'll see the contractor lot. Now to get into the lot, you'll have to go all the way around the fence to the other side, then drive past the trailers that are hogging all the spots near the entrance, and there should be some unmarked spots in the back near the mud pits. You do have 4-wheel drive, right? I usually recommend people show up an hour early so they have time to get to their actual work site on time. Oh, also they sometimes temporarily move the contractor parking without notice.

Farecoal

There he go

Zurtilik posted:

Netflix should just make a show of giving random aspiring directors like $10,000 and let them have at a 30 minute film.

This would be way better than what they're doing now

Prof. Crocodile

Buttchocks posted:

Hello Buttchocks, welcome to your new job site. This will be the visitors parking lot when the facility is finished. Riiiiight next to the main entrance. Contractor parking? Ok, you want to go out the gate, then take a left and drive about a quarter mile, then a right for another quarter mile through the road that's blocked by the backhoes. That will take you to the service road that isn't paved or marked in any way. Take that until you get to the security gate that isn't manned. If the gate's locked, just call the number and someone should come around eventually. From this point, there are no lights whatsoever, so watch out for the open holes that aren't roped off. Keep going about 5 or 10 minutes down the crushed stone path, then take a right through the broken glass field. After that you'll see the contractor lot. Now to get into the lot, you'll have to go all the way around the fence to the other side, then drive past the trailers that are hogging all the spots near the entrance, and there should be some unmarked spots in the back near the mud pits. You do have 4-wheel drive, right? I usually recommend people show up an hour early so they have time to get to their actual work site on time. Oh, also they sometimes temporarily move the contractor parking without notice.

meet the new boss…

Heather Papps

hello friend

pnac attack posted:

grats on ur tires. ty for the tip

thank you for the inspiration, sincerely. i was looking at the weather for the next week to find the nicest day to get the job done, but just getting out and doing it is a much better way of going about things generally.

Ass-penny

HP I find it funny that we always seem to be working on similar projects. I have a huge friggin hex head bolt in one of my tires and I was driving it on like a third of the recommended inflation for a few days, filled it, found out it lost air very fast. Put the spare on last night after work, that ended up being a giant hassle because the locking mechanism was shite and jammed up and I ended up needing to cut it up to get my spare out. I'm hoping it's patchable, but I'm not holding my breath. Won't even be able to talk to a shop about it today, because I have to work.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's a god damned NAIL in my SHOE how the gently caress have I not died of tetanus yet today

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

There's a god damned NAIL in my SHOE how the gently caress have I not died of tetanus yet today

get your shots yo.

been a minute since I picked one up with my shoe tho, that's always a "oh gently caress" moment.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

That's the best episode

Heather Papps

hello friend

rear end-penny posted:

HP I find it funny that we always seem to be working on similar projects. I have a huge friggin hex head bolt in one of my tires and I was driving it on like a third of the recommended inflation for a few days, filled it, found out it lost air very fast. Put the spare on last night after work, that ended up being a giant hassle because the locking mechanism was shite and jammed up and I ended up needing to cut it up to get my spare out. I'm hoping it's patchable, but I'm not holding my breath. Won't even be able to talk to a shop about it today, because I have to work.

great minds think alike i guess. there is this fluid you can pump into a tire that patches small leaks but a hex bolt may be too big for that. i didn't even know these things existed till now tho', but one of these may be what you need: https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/PLUG-N-PATCH/p/BPT15-295?analytics=prodRecs&cm_sp=IDP-_-CAV-_-RR-_-PR-_-NT-NA-_-EN
it's like a nail made of rubber you drive into the hole. fingers crossed for patchability, tires are expensive

French Accent

finally decided on a new avatar. choosing an image for people to see on every one of my posts is tough!

Gramps

French Accent posted:

finally decided on a new avatar. choosing an image for people to see on every one of my posts is tough!

excellent choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Buttchocks posted:

Oh, hi Buttchocks, I'm Jaguars the surveyor, would you mind shifting your truck about 2.5m to the left please? Also I'll be back to ask you to move it 1m forward at 2PM