Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yeah I'm not telling my opponent if they've got an inactive player for whatever reason. That's their responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dxt posted:

Take care of your own team, don't make it harder for yourself. I would (and have) alert an opponent of someone I want to lose that they need to make some changes.

This is the correct move.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

My opponent week 5 played Chris Carson and I still lost, they don’t need any drat help

E: plus one time my opponent went to Aruba for a friend’s wedding and still beat me with 3 packers on bye

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 25, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Also if you're okay with dropping someone on your bench check and see if the injured player's backup / any other decent value players at that position are available for pickup

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

dxt posted:

I would (and have) alert an opponent of someone I want to lose that they need to make some changes.

Amazing. Incredible... I will do this. Thank you.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
lol man you guys are brutal, though I love the big brain move of actively coaching other owners to make someone else lose

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dxt posted:

Take care of your own team, don't make it harder for yourself. I would (and have) alert an opponent of someone I want to lose that they need to make some changes.

Yup do this every year lol

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Don't do this is a guillotine league as I learned the hard way. I tried to help a friend out so someone I didn't personally like would get the chop and my team ended up taking a huge dump and I lost because of it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bellmaker posted:

My opponent week 5 played Chris Carson and I still lost, they don’t need any drat help

E: plus one time my opponent went to Aruba for a friend’s wedding and still beat me with 3 packers on bye

Yeah this. Every opponent I went against this week had serious injury/bye issues and I still might come away 2-2.

I still remember and am infuriated by a game that happened years ago where I was up against an opponent who started a couple of injured guys and had Ben Roethlisberger get injured mid-game and he STILL won because Jay Ajayi went off for like 40 points for him and literally every player I had went for way under projections that week. Ajayi outscored all his other starters combined. :argh:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Yeah I’ve usually only told people I’m not playing that they’ve got injuries and BYE players. That being said, the guy I told is a good friend of mine and I was set to slaughter him anyway.

I’m 4-3 now but the highest scorer in my league. I definitely wouldn’t be telling the second highest scorer if I were playing him.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://mobile.twitter.com/FieldYat...umber%3D15pti11

Seems bad given the game is Thursday!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Just grabbed Lazard since I’m playing the Adams owner this week

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cat Hassler posted:

lol @ playing a league that lets you pick someone up willy-nilly on a Monday.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

dxt posted:

Especially late in the season and the person you’re helping isn’t a threat to your playoff chances

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lol @ playing a league that lets you pick someone up willy-nilly on a Monday.

No waiver wire! Monday at 12AM you can drop any player that played Sunday for any FA (can’t start the new dude until the next week)

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 26, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
that sounds terrible, no wait that IS terrible

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Shame on you if you’re league doesn’t have waivers. SHAME ON YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I would let an opponent know if I noticed that they've got inactive players. The stakes are low for me and I don't really care but I wouldn't blame anyone for not doing that especially if there is serious money on the line

sourdough posted:

CMC is on IR and Damien Williams got activated off covid list, this isn't a "leaning" situation it's Chubba for sure

This ended up being wrong btw. Don't know if Damien Williams got injured or just didn't get as much use as we though but Khalil Herbert COMFORTABLY outscored Hubbard, 18.3 to 9.6 in PPR. Just grinded that poo poo out somehow in a game where it felt like the Bears moved about 10 inches total.

I won anyway but I just thought I'd mention it, funny because we think we know things but really we don't know poo poo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Play posted:

I would let an opponent know if I noticed that they've got inactive players. The stakes are low for me and I don't really care but I wouldn't blame anyone for not doing that especially if there is serious money on the line

This ended up being wrong btw. Don't know if Damien Williams got injured or just didn't get as much use as we though but Khalil Herbert COMFORTABLY outscored Hubbard, 18.3 to 9.6 in PPR. Just grinded that poo poo out somehow in a game where it felt like the Bears moved about 10 inches total.

I won anyway but I just thought I'd mention it, funny because we think we know things but really we don't know poo poo

All we can do is make the best decision with the info we have :shrug: The week before, Williams and Herbert split the work down the middle, while Chubba had all but one backfield touch to himself.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sourdough posted:

All we can do is make the best decision with the info we have :shrug: The week before, Williams and Herbert split the work down the middle, while Chubba had all but one backfield touch to himself.

Actually Herbert comfortably outscored him last week as well regardless of split snaps. Outgained him in rushing yards and also catches and receiving yards

I'm not saying you didn't give me the best answer because you did, just funny how sometimes we don't know anything.

The lesson here I think is that Carolina is dog poo poo especially in terms of run blocking. They also don't use Hubbard like McCaffrey, he doesn't get a lot receptions. Herbert maybe a little more promising overall as a player, as well

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I hate fantasy football I have lost three weeks by less than 10 combined points

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hot Diggity! posted:

I hate fantasy football I have lost three weeks by less than 10 combined points
I lost three games this week by less than 2 points each.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Despite going into the game with my entire bench on byes or IR I beat my opponent by less than a point, I love Jamarr Chase and I love fantasy football

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
How do we feel about Barkley? I’m thinking of buying him now to bolster my RB corps on his return. Is he worth Schulz and J Conner? I feel like that’s an absolute steal of a deal, but I always second guess trades.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Ah the classic Fantasy Football feeling we all know and love: scoring the second most points for the week, and losing to the team who scored the most points for the week :) I'll start drinking now then

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I always tell my opponent when they are starting an injured player, but I only do it in front of the whole league so it becomes a power move.

Like I'll say "could someone contact Chris? He is playing me and his kicker is on bye." And then when Chris posts, "thanks. You have my phone number, btw, we just texted about a trade last week," I get to reply "yeah, I know."

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 26, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Gin_Rummy posted:

How do we feel about Barkley? I’m thinking of buying him now to bolster my RB corps on his return. Is he worth Schulz and J Conner? I feel like that’s an absolute steal of a deal, but I always second guess trades.

Absolutely worth the risk for those players. Barkley is apparently a longshot to play this week and he's on Monday but if he can get past this ankle injury he should be a locked in RB1 ROS.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I always tell my opponent when they are starting an injured player, but I only do it in front of the whole league so it becomes a power move.

Like I'll say "could someone contact Chris? He is playing me and his kicker is on bye." And then when Chris posts, "thanks. You have my phone number, btw, we just texted about a trade last week," I get to reply "yeah, I know."

This is the correct move. Bonus points for proceeding to beat them that week. All these responses about “taking every advantage you can get”, the real advantage is completely demoralizing your opponent.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gin_Rummy posted:

If someone is offering that to you, please bring them for a CAT scan immediately.

If you're offering that to someone, wear a face shield.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

If someone is offering that to you, please bring them for a CAT scan immediately.

If you're offering that to someone, wear a face shield.

I offered it yesterday and the Barkley owner initially turns it down but then changed his mind lol. He is down Waller and (was down) Barkley, so I sold it as filling two immediate needs.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gin_Rummy posted:

I offered it yesterday and the Barkley owner initially turns it down but then changed his mind lol. He is down Waller and (was down) Barkley, so I sold it as filling two immediate needs.

That's awesome. You totally fleeced him.

Until Barkley goes down with a season-ending injury again.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

That's awesome. You totally fleeced him.

Until Barkley goes down with a season-ending injury again.

I’m already pretty stacked at RB, so I’m really hoping I can flip him for a WR1 before that happens.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Ah the classic Fantasy Football feeling we all know and love: scoring the second most points for the week, and losing to the team who scored the most points for the week :) I'll start drinking now then

Nothing like that feeling that you scored 185 points, they scored 186 points. Until your boss calls you who scored 102 points and won to tell you how great his team is.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ahahaha yess, I am playing the guy I traded Jacobs to this week - he's on a bye.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Julio droppable yet? I haven't been able to trade him.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I dropped him two weeks ago.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Julio droppable yet? I haven't been able to trade him.

Can’t imagine anyone trading for him outside of a package deal. And obviously not for any higher end players.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Should I use my #1 waiver spot on Jeudy? My RBs are solid in Kamara, Swift, and Henderson. But my WRs are lacking in Ridley, Cooks, Boyd, Toney, Bateman, Hilton, and Gallup on the IR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yes

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Bye bye Allen Robinson

Long time coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020