Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Play posted:

I don't need my loving voice heard anyways.

Finally, something I'm good at in this thread besides non humorous jokes about a 10-year old Alpha of brown dreams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

So, apparently, the next patch that is being tested by the avocados has fixed a lot of the 30k disconnection errors (maybe because the servers have less load but whatever) so, after hearing the good news, what is the regular backer's first impulse?

Yeah.

I must confess I can actually imagine Waldorf and Statler saying that.

I agree I hope they do this.

I don't think the pleb backers who haven't been harvesting their own organs to buy virtual space ships deserve these "fast respawn" times.

But as a whale, with my 60 ships I've bought, these timers are meaningless to me!

Punish everybody (except me)!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/HJv4tDb.mp4

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let it play for a bit, these guys are so desperate. "Look, I have a medigun and it looks pretty and I haven't 30k'd yet... true, I have 8 people in the server, is that what the game count is these days... maybe they spun new servers!"
It's just sad at this point...

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

trucutru posted:

So, apparently, the next patch that is being tested by the avocados has fixed a lot of the 30k disconnection errors (maybe because the servers have less load but whatever) so, after hearing the good news, what is the regular backer's first impulse?

Yeah.

I can kind of relate to the idea of death having some weight to it, but maybe not in a multiplayer game pre-alpha where you can die by running down the stairs, jumping too much, or by being constipated while waiting for a train

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

trucutru posted:

Yeah.

A lot of the features in SC are built around waiting. Waiting to get your ship, waiting ages to travel between planets. I don't understand game design, but I feel like online games should focus on having the maximum number of people actively playing. This type of game is bound to consist mainly of ghost towns because players will be spread out, so is it serving any purpose to lock a sizeable fraction of online players into a traveling void for 30 minutes?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Its extremely funny and sad how everyone involved treats this like a live game until any criticism nears then it's suddenly a (pre-) alpha and you're just supporting its development

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Let it play for a bit, these guys are so desperate. "Look, I have a medigun and it looks pretty and I haven't 30k'd yet... true, I have 8 people in the server, is that what the game count is these days... maybe they spun new servers!"
It's just sad at this point...

This guy also hypothesizes "Are they running out of spaceship ideas?" No mate, never ever. The milking of whales will continue. It's amazing how deep into the delusion these people are.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
How is this real and how to do the whales not mind that CI¬G is directly taking the piss out of them and charging them $50 for it lol

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Finley-The-Stormwal-Plush/Finley-The-Stormwal-Plush

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quill posted:

This guy also hypothesizes "Are they running out of spaceship ideas?" No mate, never ever. The milking of whales will continue. It's amazing how deep into the delusion these people are.

Space Zamboni
Space monster truck
Space hearse
Space candy van
Space lowrider

the possibilities are endless!

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

trucutru posted:

Space hearse

Just imagine the storage space you get from all those corpses

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

trucutru posted:

Space Zamboni

This actually sounds like a natural extension of "mopping the floors" gameplay :thunk:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Have they sold UNDERWATER land claims yet?

Cos it's about 4 years since they sold land claims they must be able to pull that scam again.

That's right, 4 years ago they sold them (and backer's brought plenty of them - I think it raised a couple of millions), four years and then have delivered a big fat zero on them. (To be honest, the alpha game could not support them or even Thier concept - so why sell them?). Are they even on a roadmap anywhere?

Peak Chris Roberts greed.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 26, 2021

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

How is this real and how to do the whales not mind that CI¬G is directly taking the piss out of them and charging them $50 for it lol

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Finley-The-Stormwal-Plush/Finley-The-Stormwal-Plush

What is shown is a rendering. Concept art.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

(...)
Space lowrider
(...)

All we had to do was follow the drat space train, CJ!

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

trucutru posted:

Space candy van

In a way this is what all the current existing ships are.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sammus posted:

Every bullet in the Verse starts it’s life as a collection of different ores scattered on planets that must be mined and collected and delivered to refineries before the refined ores can be smelted and shaped and combined to form bullets.

By looking up the serial number of the bullet, you can not only see who shot it, but everyone who’s ever touched it, all the way back to the individual lot number of the ammo, which will correspond to the manufacture records indicating where the components to make the ammo came from, who handled them, and where they were manufactured. The manufacturing plant for the components will then have data telling you which individual players brought the materials necessary to smelt and refine into the components.

Unless it’s unregistered black market ammo, but it’s super expensive and mega illegal. If the space police ever find someone with it, they’re immediately shoot on sight and the space governments offer bounties to find the player run factory that produced it and shut it down. But that factory will have records implicating all the merchants and miners and manufacturers who helped with the illegal ammo industry (unless the players make sure to clear their factory’s records by using Star Citizens’s ingame computer OS to manually alter the records!). If the player doesn’t do that and other players raid the factory and turn that data over to the space government, then all those people who are implicated will get bounties put on them.

I double dog dare you to post this unironically on the spectrum, expected nerdgasms at levels ever before seen expected

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Just be sure to randomly insert the word 'quantum' and you're good to go

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

peter gabriel posted:

Could be worse, at least this is an actual thing you can see and touch. Or will be

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

There is a time where once tech is in place, content comes together quickly. 80% of the game is finished in the last 20% of the project... so given that, it's possibly S42 is not as far off as you think.

Also, we will not see the final finished versions of any of these things in SC before we see them in S42.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Dwesa posted:

stolen from refunds sub, how do you gently caress up shooting this badly in an engine for FPS games

"Awesome" new trickshot attachment.

https://v.redd.it/70y628798qu71/DASH_720.mp4

I like how this was supposed to be some sort of renaissance of PC gaming versus dumbed down console gaming, yet they have that console weapon select wheel made for thumbsticks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yep, that is definitely the meaning of the 80/20 rule Lethality.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

pisshead posted:

I like how this was supposed to be some sort of renaissance of PC gaming versus dumbed down console gaming, yet they have that console weapon select wheel made for thumbsticks.

i wonder why

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Anyone else have their ship explode after many loose items are placed inside? posted:

I had my ship never explode this entire PTU.

Except for 2 situations:
  • First one was when I was having my hammerhead flying on autopilot in space, I had various boxes on the ship and placed some small items on a table. At first I thought it was caused becaue the ship hit an asteroid. Because I was flying away from a refinery station which had asteroids in proximity.
  • However yesterday I had an avenger filled with random items. It exploded flying through space. There were no asteroids. I have also noticed that the Avenger had some tail damage, however it was not doing hard landings and was not in combat.
I suspect that loose items cause some collision issues. And/or repeatedly logging in out of bed with items on the ship causing it.

quote:

they explained this in SCL.

unsecured items (and not only) cause multiple damages to ships and characters.

It's a bug for now.

quote:

Yep it's a consequence of the current damage model, anything rattling around inside the ship is leeching HP away from it until

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
That will be fixed when iCache is in.

I love playing Stra Citizen.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Does a jittering corpse cause damage as well? If it does, I have a whole new universe of pain I can inflict on these pud meisters.

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 26, 2021

.random
May 7, 2007

New emerging gameplay:

• Sneak onto someone’s ship
  • Hide a pen
  • Sneak off
  • Wait for their ship to explode.

I’m suddenly starting to think these devs do have good ideas :aaaaa:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The inevitable consequence of an extra wine glass.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

My first murder of kidnapped npcs posted:

Snatch a few npcs in microtech
I left the area
Some fell from on high
I landed the ship and some ran away no not die of cold
They cannot be cured
When storing the ship do not persist
But the execution animations are great
Hopefully he can kidnap and steal mobiglas and enslave

I sell cheap npcs. they work a lot hehe :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mJQnFWpcQ

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The inevitable consequences of any MMO.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Sandi Gardiner: Quantum Enstranglement.

Answer the call, 2034.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Literally selling space whales to space whales.

Not sure the trolling can get any better. Maybe they can talk about it the next time they con their backers- the citcon event.

Not sure how much harder the people working under CR can get in their "watch out" messages. Maybe it's time for another Honesty dial set at 0 again?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mirificus posted:

But the execution animations are great

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Glad to see Star Citizens are finally learning that janky physics objects colliding might screw things up. I mean sure Garrys Mod came out like fifteen years ago but at least they're learning

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yep, that is definitely the meaning of the 80/20 rule Lethality.

He may not be entirely wrong, but usually this is not a development period so much as a fixing all the broken things from the first speedy developer cycle... but he is leaving out the somewhat critical component to that which is time.

If this is the "fast" part of SC development, you're looking at like a 2080 release or something.

I think the more likely outcome is at some point Chris just says "it's always been released" and then that's that. No beta, no slow exit from their non-stop pre alpha, just the sudden shift from pre-alpha junk to full product release.

I'd assume with that support is cut at the knees too. So the already atrocious speed will basically come to a standstill.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Could be dated from 2021, could be dated from 2017 or 2024. Doesn't matter.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I wonder how many of citizens would change their mind about pledging vs buying if they suddenly learned all the things they pledged for wouldn't be available after all.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Mendrian posted:

I wonder how many of citizens would change their mind about pledging vs buying if they suddenly learned all the things they pledged for wouldn't be available after all.

Why would they?

After all, there were separate reward levels for unlocking a ship concept, and the ship being available in the PU.

.random
May 7, 2007

Dwesa posted:

Could be dated from 2021, could be dated from 2017 or 2024. Doesn't matter.

Personally, I would be very interested if this post is from 2024 :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

.random posted:

Personally, I would be very interested if this post is from 2024 :monocle:

I am totally on board with Lethality being safety not guaranteed man. The music still plays in my head from time to time.