Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm legitimately impressed that the free speech warriors actually are rallying round Novara

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1452954956219179012?t=025x8XHWBjzqH25bs9zxLw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Fox_Claire/status/1452964595140894728?t=VUndc1XktckYz_KxsOy0QA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I grew up in a very loyalist part of Northern Ireland. Spotting upside-down flags every July was a game we played on car journeys.

Orange Lodge in Govan regularly had theirs upside down.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Communist Thoughts posted:

OOOOOOoOOOOooo

Someone got their cub scout badges eh?

But please explain

The flag is rotationally symmetrical and slightly pinwheeled

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
it's a bad flag

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

90s Cringe Rock posted:

it's a bad flag

look the flag represents a crumbling evil empire and sad plates of grey, wet meat on sunday but as far as national flag designs go at least it's mixing things up a little

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

sure its no guam or wales but what is

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

it's a bad flag

Appropriate for a bad country

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it never gets old that silicon valley is completely chill with helping out the genocide of rohingya but blocks even the mildest of left wing media at the slightest provocation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've picked up that super cold or whatever everyone had recently and not really focusing on the forums much in favour of watching tv and sleeping. has the queen died yet

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jose posted:

i've picked up that super cold or whatever everyone had recently and not really focusing on the forums much in favour of watching tv and sleeping. has the queen died yet

She's been dead for two dozen years. Diana's the one playing the Queen these days.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Jose posted:

Consider getting tested. Maybe.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kaveman posted:

Nice of the nurses to ask for a pay rise that soon got them to stop clapping

That's really considerate on the part of the nurses.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kunster posted:

Consider getting tested. Maybe.

i've done 2 lateral flow tests that were negative but also i'm coughing up a ton of brown stuff which doesn't sound very covidish

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Cowardly lack of dedication to posting from someone who posted through a hurricane

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59050129
https://twitter.com/holnicoteNH/status/1452962051211636746

things going to poo poo pretty quickly huh

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah didn't predict destroying all our rivers and beaches within the first 2 years

thought they'd protect tourist spots out of pragmatism but whatever

Jose posted:

i've done 2 lateral flow tests that were negative but also i'm coughing up a ton of brown stuff which doesn't sound very covidish

Not a doctor but I think brown mucus is a sign of heavy bacterial infection so not covid but be careful

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Oct 26, 2021

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah didn't predict destroying all our rivers and beaches within the first 2 years

thought they'd protect tourist spots out of pragmatism but whatever

I predicted it, but I meant it as a joke.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Don't care if it's French, this is the new national anthem after Liz snuffs it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8g_eFpQQcI

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Regarde Aduck posted:

Not a doctor but I think brown mucus is a sign of heavy bacterial infection so not covid but be careful

Nah, I used to think so too but there's no correlation

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/dont-judge-your-mucus-by-its-color-201602089129

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Brown mucus at night, poster's delight.
Brown mucus at morning, posters warning!!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
brown mucus receives funding from the US Department of State and MI6 to propagandize against designated enemies of the west

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The UK is full of poo poo.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Meanwhile Wheetman and the radical centrists are pissing themselves laughing because as well know centrists hate democracy more than anyone

Also Novara is back now, YouTube haven't said anything about why lol

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/status/1453021210539925519?s=21
The sun seems to be setting on the British Empire…

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Literally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSbTlH0K4w

Not figuratively
Literally

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Where are the cameras. That can't be real. People are supposedly committing industrial sabotage in order to...isolate buildings more? Some guy supposedly connected with the movement gets interviewed by a guy who is apparently unfamiliar with the concept of trees growing? What. Am I having a stroke?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I've come around to the idea of insulation being the key sticking point because it's so obviously an easy win with essentially zero downsides and a very quick payback period so if we won't even do that, what hope do we have for actually doing anything harder

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

gonadic io posted:

I've come around to the idea of insulation being the key sticking point because it's so obviously an easy win with essentially zero downsides and a very quick payback period so if we won't even do that, what hope do we have for actually doing anything harder

There's literally no way this country could do it. The most likely outcome is that some friend of a minister would set up a company that six days later is given fifty billion, delivers nothing, and gets to keep all the money anyway. Even if they accidentally gave it to someone who planned to try, we would not be able to manufacture/import the insulating materials, or distribute them, or hire, organise & train installers.

The Victorians were able to build a sewerage system from nothing. 150 years of technology development later and we apparently can't replace it. We literally cannot dig a hole for a pipe, because it is more profitable to make the poors wallow in filth. Worth keeping in mind for next time some technology solution is proposed for the ongoing biosphere collapse: We can't dig a loving hole.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

kyojin posted:

There's literally no way this country could do it. The most likely outcome is that some friend of a minister would set up a company that six days later is given fifty billion, delivers nothing, and gets to keep all the money anyway. Even if they accidentally gave it to someone who planned to try, we would not be able to manufacture/import the insulating materials, or distribute them, or hire, organise & train installers.

The Victorians were able to build a sewerage system from nothing. 150 years of technology development later and we apparently can't replace it. We literally cannot dig a hole for a pipe, because it is more profitable to make the poors wallow in filth. Worth keeping in mind for next time some technology solution is proposed for the ongoing biosphere collapse: We can't dig a loving hole.
That's exactly in fact what did happen, and then last week the gov announced a new version of this for like 100 mil which is enough for, uh, 0.1% of uk homes or something
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/27/uk-government-scraps-green-homes-grant-after-six-months

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

genericnick posted:

Where are the cameras. That can't be real. People are supposedly committing industrial sabotage in order to...isolate buildings more? Some guy supposedly connected with the movement gets interviewed by a guy who is apparently unfamiliar with the concept of trees growing? What. Am I having a stroke?
LOL, no they are committing industrial sabotage in order to get a isolation investment program that has been mainstream in most countries on the continent for the last 5 years. Also the guy interviewing is using bacterial concrete (which is used mostly to repair old ruined concrete) as a reason carpentry is not eco-friendly. Which is insane, yes.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

gonadic io posted:

That's exactly in fact what did happen, and then last week the gov announced a new version of this for like 100 mil which is enough for, uh, 0.1% of uk homes or something
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/27/uk-government-scraps-green-homes-grant-after-six-months

:chefkiss:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

stool britannia
there's doodoo in the waves

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

redleader posted:

the flag being subtly asymmetric is yet another reason to destroy the uk

When the Scots leave you should make sure the new flag is symmetrical.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
once again... it was poo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
The year is 2022, King Charles III sits on his throne of poop. The last globally relevant actors and pop stars are entombed alive in septic tanks, no lights to the outside world may shine in this the new turd epoch.

They will not remember England out there, but they will never forget the scent.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The year is 2021, England is a bit poo poo.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Not even sure what he's trying to say here.

https://twitter.com/Iromg/status/1453093136905945094?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

they think the black 'n' stands for something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

looney lefties love longer conveyors and screw-fed cementitious materials