Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
La dee DAH mister Dishwasher man I didn't realize we were in the presence of royalty here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dramatika posted:

I've been married for 10 months and have never had sex

Religion was a mistake

op youre a beard. just jerk off and enjoy being married to your lesbian dream girl.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My co-op in NYC doesn't allow dishwashers to be installed even if you can make the space for one.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

DoctorWhat posted:

My co-op in NYC doesn't allow dishwashers to be installed even if you can make the space for one.

why?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

webmeister posted:

This guy should hook up with that memelord girlfriend from threads past who started moaning doge memes during sex

"omg such sex wow"

the such sex wow story was also a dude doing it im like 80% sure

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Those hours are insane. The closest thing I've ever seen to even working on weekends was when I interviewed at a small office that handled investment and credit for very high net worth people, including some movie stars the interviewer couldn't help but hint at.

Basically if I got the job they expected me to be on call during the weekend to unfreeze someone's credit if, in the example they gave me, a client was driving past a Porsche dealership and saw something they had to have that moment. The OP says it's client service and 23 seems pretty young to have both an MBA and be a Chartered Financial Analyst, which is its own rigorous business certification. I don't know any analysts who have much interaction with clients. Without much to go on my guess would be a corporate research company or some kind of hybrid between servicing rich clients who demand instant attention + some lighter analyst duties supporting the CFAs and research team.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
My Girlfriend wants to call Off our wedding After an Argument with My mother

quote:

My Girlfriend and I (25f & 27m) have been dating for the past 7 years, we met in middle school but did not start dating until we where both in college, like in most relationship there’s some ups and down, but nothing has even came close to us wanting to take a break, we have a very happy and stable relationship.

We got engaged at the end of 2019 and due to the current state of the world we had to push back the wedding several times, regardless of that, we finally had a date that was set, we’ve been working the past few months to get everything ready for the wedding,

During the planning process my fiancé and my mom had a bunch of disagreement, they are both very passionate about things like who they want at the wedding, what they want the wedding to look like, what venue, what location, where to honeymoon etc, it’s a special occasions for them both so I did my best to stay out of it, unless it was absolutely necessary for me to get involved and when I did I tried to be impartial.

The main issue came when it was time to figure an invitation lists, I come from a large family and so there’s a bunch of family and friends I would want at my wedding, my Girlfriend on the other hand only has a few family members and friends that she wanted to invite who she knew would be there for sure, because of that the invitation seemed a little one sided, I had a lot more people supporting me and being there for me than she did, and my mom not wanting my wife to feel unsupported decided to reach out to some of her extended family and other family members some of which she hadn’t been in contact with in years to let them know about the wedding and see if they wanted to come out and support her.

It was supposed to be nice gesture however when my Girlfriend found out she was livid and said some not so kind things to my mother, when she came to me letting me know what happened, based on what I knew I told her that my mother had no bad intentions and that she was over reacting, she flipped out on me and left, she called me about a day later telling me that she’s wanted to stop the wedding all together and was reconsidering our relationship, she told me I was taking my moms side over her and was disregarding her feelings, Now my fiancé sometimes has a problem with acting out of emotions and not taking times to think things through so I decided to give her more time and when she came to a little bit later and basically confirmed she wanted to stop the wedding, I was very confused, I tried to talk some sense into her but she was being stubborn and persistent.

I love her and she loves me, so I am very confused as to why she was willing To end the relationship after just one argument especially since I wasn’t even the one she argued with, she could have talked to me and we would have worked things out but she refuses to do so, now I want to keep being with her but I’m so lost on what to do and how to even approach her in this situation.

quote:

My girlfriend and I are paying for majority of it but my mother did contribute but we could have done without it

She loves weddings and wanted to help plan our wedding like she helped planned for my sister

quote:

My mom wanted to honeymoon at a location but didn’t get a chance to and so she wanted us to honeymoon there, I honestly didn’t think my GF would care where we honeymooned as long as it wasn’t awful,

I do value and respect my gf, I wasn’t trying to let my mom make decisions for me, but she was just way more invested in things like what brand napkins we used while I didn’t care that much so I let my mom and Gf handle it.

quote:

I’m willing to do my part and fight for our relationship while she isn’t, yes my mother might have over stepped a little bit but ultimately it’s mine and hers relationship and I think it’s unfair for her to end things because of someone else’s actions.

quote:

I feel like I have a healthy relationship with my mother but I will definitely be looking into couples therapy for my Gf and I

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Funktastic posted:

our highly-paid, overworked junior staff keep leaving just as we get them fully trained

buy fewer candles

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Dramatika posted:

I've been married for 10 months and have never had sex

Religion was a mistake

My question would be have they tried easing into it--like, a week where they just kiss, a couple weeks to learn to touch each other sensually, one finger in the puss for a while, etc etc. It's this whole "zero to sixty" bullshit that freaks people out. Although if you've been raised to fear your own sexuality, even easing into it could be difficult.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I'm amazed that Mother allowed him to post this, given how much control Mother has over the rest of his life.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

OhAreThey posted:

My question would be have they tried easing into it--like, a week where they just kiss, a couple weeks to learn to touch each other sensually, one finger in the puss for a while, etc etc. It's this whole "zero to sixty" bullshit that freaks people out. Although if you've been raised to fear your own sexuality, even easing into it could be difficult.

I was thinking the same thing. Like why not just slowly start going down on her, keeping your underwear on so that she's not scared of penetration. Just get her really randy and keep pushing the envelope little by little.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Tarkus posted:

I was thinking the same thing. Like why not just slowly start going down on her, keeping your underwear on so that she's not scared of penetration. Just get her really randy and keep pushing the envelope little by little.

I bet that a woman raised in a religion to be that terrified of sex would be disgusted by oral (including receiving). But maybe not? Evangelical Christians are hosed up beyond belief.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OhAreThey posted:

because she's gay and was pressured into a marriage because of religion

edit: well poo poo, apparently oral sex has been a regular thing between them, so something else is going on

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 26, 2021

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

If they don't work for at least a full 24 months then their work will basically have been done for free, I am confident this will hold up in court
If done correctly, it actually would hold up just fine in court. The trick is that you don't withhold the entire salary, you just modify the salary structure so it's more bonus-based.

-Currently, they offer $275,000 annually, which is paid every two weeks in $10k increments or whatever. This isn't working because after six months, people nope out.
-The new structure would be that they'd instead only pay you $5k every two weeks for total $130,000, then if you're still there after 12 months, they hand you a $145,000 retention bonus. The total payout is still the same $275K, *but* when you get sick of the job six months in, you're staring down the golden handcuffs of yeah but I can't leave till April because there's a huge payout down the line if I can just hold out for another few months.

Of course, the issue for OP is that they're already having trouble finding enough qualified people, so good luck convincing candidates to pick your $130k base salary plus bonuses when competitors are still offering just straight $250k salary. Yeah, you're offering more total money, but there'd be plenty of candidates who'd go with the old "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" attitude and/or think you're playing some games where you'll lay them off right before the bonus is due.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean religious upbringing can just create extreme hang ups about sex marriage or not

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

pentyne posted:

edit: well poo poo, apparently oral sex has been a regular thing between them, so something else is going on

Do you have a link to the reddit post? I'm having trouble finding it.

I don't think this situation is surprising at all. It's not crazy that women raised in "purity culture" end up having psychological and even physiological problems with sex once it's "ok" to have it. https://jezebel.com/i-didnt-want-to-deny-my-husband-his-martial-rights-for-1847361950

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
She’s petrified that when he puts his dick in her, she’s gonna feel her hymen snap like a rubber band as her virtue is ruined

Religion was a mistake

Edit:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This person knows that their girlfriend isn’t marrying their mother, right

Maybe the figuring out of a honeymoon and how the wedding should go should be between the people involved, and the mother may have some suggestions, but shouldn’t be the other decision making party

Jesus Christ

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

pentyne posted:

The update suggested vaginismus.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

fat bossy gerbil posted:

What the gently caress job is this?

Mergers and acquisitions, I'll bet. Otherwise, some other kind of high finance.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MagusofStars posted:

If done correctly, it actually would hold up just fine in court. The trick is that you don't withhold the entire salary, you just modify the salary structure so it's more bonus-based.

-Currently, they offer $275,000 annually, which is paid every two weeks in $10k increments or whatever. This isn't working because after six months, people nope out.
-The new structure would be that they'd instead only pay you $5k every two weeks for total $130,000, then if you're still there after 12 months, they hand you a $145,000 retention bonus. The total payout is still the same $275K, *but* when you get sick of the job six months in, you're staring down the golden handcuffs of yeah but I can't leave till April because there's a huge payout down the line if I can just hold out for another few months.

Of course, the issue for OP is that they're already having trouble finding enough qualified people, so good luck convincing candidates to pick your $130k base salary plus bonuses when competitors are still offering just straight $250k salary. Yeah, you're offering more total money, but there'd be plenty of candidates who'd go with the old "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" attitude and/or think you're playing some games where you'll lay them off right before the bonus is due.

yeah any kind of catch or gimmick they put on the salary (which comes out to like $38/hr lmao) is pretty obviously going to turn away anyone who isn't incredibly stupid about money, which apparently strikes investment bankers as less of a problem than cutting the hours/pay and turning away the workaholics even allowing that the whole problem is those hires don't actually exist in the first place. How the gently caress do these people get paid to manage others

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 26, 2021

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Tarkus posted:

OP says in the post that they do oral on each other, to completion.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Waiting a year until you have sex with your wife seems perfectly healthy and normal to me. Hell, why not go for two or even have a sexless gold star marriage.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean religious upbringing can just create extreme hang ups about sex marriage or not

I imagine having it bashed into your head that your only worth as a female is in your virginity and God actually doesn't care about you enough to not cast your immortal soul into a pit of torment for all eternity for acting on urges he gave you would... Yeah, not totally disappear because there's a ring on your finger now.

Like, God still might loving violently murder this lady's soul for taking a peen. Who knows! He's a kook like that!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

OhAreThey posted:

Do you have a link to the reddit post? I'm having trouble finding it.

I don't think this situation is surprising at all. It's not crazy that women raised in "purity culture" end up having psychological and even physiological problems with sex once it's "ok" to have it. https://jezebel.com/i-didnt-want-to-deny-my-husband-his-martial-rights-for-1847361950

Yeah, it's a known thing that religious counselors deal with regularly. Shockingly, it turns out that when you scream at a woman her whole life that sex is degrading and painful she's going to have severe psychosomatic problems with it even once it's supposedly okay. And it says a lot that this guy is being patient with her instead of, well, what conservative religion expects the husband to do.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The building is pre-war and it's bad for the pipes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

The building is pre-war and it's bad for the pipes.

Is it also a no garbage disposal building?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's honestly criminal that taxes aren't automatically handled for people. No one should have to file a return unless they want to dispute what employers and financial institutions are already reporting to the IRS.

In Europe this really is very normal.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

feedmegin posted:

In Europe this really is very normal.
Yeah in Australia, you can file your taxes online via a Gov website for free. It even prefills a lot of the basic stuff based on information from your employer/banks (if you give them your tax number). For someone with no complex finances, the whole thing takes 10 minutes and you get your refund directly deposited to your nominated bank account.

Alchenar posted:

Yeah as someone who's ex had it, his solutions are divorce or anal since she apparently doesn't want to do therapy or go to a doctor to fix it

Wonder if he's even dated any other women if he thinks she's the perfect woman

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 26, 2021

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's really annoying how companies like TurboTax lobby to make it more difficult to file taxes. The big tax companies will say it's free, but only if your taxes are basically reporting W-2/regular employment income. TurboTax is especially bad, because they will let you spend anywhere up to an hour entering everything and then at the end you'll get a popup saying something like "Whoops! Filing a 1099-Div is part of our Silver plan! Pay to upgrade now!" They even taunt you right as you're entering your info saying that if you're a gold member they'll automatically enter your info from the previous year, which is essentially giving them money to copy/paste poo poo from their database.

I mostly advise people to use CreditKarma's service for federal filing and keep an instance of TurboTax running in a separate browser tab if your taxes aren't complicated to need an accountant. TurboTax's system is more robust and has better explanations for the various things you're entering and you can just reference it against what you're entering on CreditKarma. Most states will also let you file free through the state franchise board's website if you're earning mid 5 figures or less and even then it's just a small filing fee.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

My (24f) boyfriend (27m) keeps wanting to “talk to my dad about a potential business opportunity”...

quote:

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year. He’s met my dad a handful of times, and each time was a pleasant experience. He’s honestly seen my dad almost as much I have. Some background info: my dad wasn’t in my life growing up. He has always been well off financially, but left my mom when she got pregnant, and he didn’t become more prevalent in my life until the past 6 years or so. So our relationship is pretty rocky. My dad at his core has a good heart I believe, but he was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth. He’s never had to truly work for a living and just inherited businesses and rentals and money from my grandfather. He can be a real a$$ at times.

My boyfriend is a great guy. Like truly the best relationship I’ve ever been in, but he’s always been somewhat money hungry. His priorities for the most part are straight, but he’s always wanted to start his own business. In the career he’s in now, there’s a big opportunity to make lots of money if he becomes a subcontractor. Like truly lots of money. He makes well now doing what he does as a supervisor, but he wants more. I don’t blame him, but the stress he’s putting on himself to reach this goal right NOW is kind of ridiculous.

To be able to subcontract, he’s got to rent huge equipment, a truck, pay insurance fees, among many other things. He’s almost got everything set up (which will take just about all of his money as it is), but there’s one thing he needs that’s going to be $5000 he doesn’t have. So he’s convinced he needs to ask MY dad for help.. and not only does that make 0 sense to me, it scares me. We’ve gone round and round about the situation and I’ve told him that I don’t think he’ll get anywhere with my dad. It’s no offense to him (my dad likes him) but he’s pretty cautious with his money. He’s told me that “it can never hurt to try” and that he’ll “pay my dad back.” But in my opinion, it can hurt to try. He doesn’t know how my dad is. He’s also convinced that if he explains everything to my dad, that my dad will be interested in investing in his company.

I feel like he sees my dad as a money bank, so therefore, he’s kind of obsessed with him. He knows my situation with my dad, and it frustrates me. My dad has been there for me financially in college and through various things, and I’m very grateful for that, but I’m still trying to mend things with my dad and it’s kind of weird between us most of the time. My boyfriend asking my dad for money I feel like will make things even weirder. It freaks me out because my boyfriend is so level-headed about these things, but it’s like when it comes to this in particular, he’s so obsessed that it’s blinding him to the reality of the situation. I know he has a lot of passion about it and THAT’S admirable, but the impulsiveness and stubbornness is really irritating.

I’m not sure what to say to him at this point. He’s still adamant about asking my dad for help, but I really don’t want any part of it. It’d be different if he had known my dad for years or we were married, maybe.

help.

TL;DR: boyfriend wants to ask my dad (that’s been absent from most of my life) for help starting a business and I don’t think it’s smart.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

PancakeTransmission posted:

Yeah as someone who's ex had it, his solutions are divorce or anal since she apparently doesn't want to do therapy or go to a doctor to fix it

Wonder if he's even dated any other women if he thinks she's the perfect woman
I mean they apparently have a satisfying oral sex life so it's not like it's nothing, I really think he needs the information to help talk to her about how this is a known thing, she's not weird or broken, and he loves her and wants to help her.

I really dunno if anal is going to help given the source of the problem.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cumshitter posted:

It's really annoying how companies like TurboTax lobby to make it more difficult to file taxes. The big tax companies will say it's free, but only if your taxes are basically reporting W-2/regular employment income. TurboTax is especially bad, because they will let you spend anywhere up to an hour entering everything and then at the end you'll get a popup saying something like "Whoops! Filing a 1099-Div is part of our Silver plan! Pay to upgrade now!" They even taunt you right as you're entering your info saying that if you're a gold member they'll automatically enter your info from the previous year, which is essentially giving them money to copy/paste poo poo from their database.

I mostly advise people to use CreditKarma's service for federal filing and keep an instance of TurboTax running in a separate browser tab if your taxes aren't complicated to need an accountant. TurboTax's system is more robust and has better explanations for the various things you're entering and you can just reference it against what you're entering on CreditKarma. Most states will also let you file free through the state franchise board's website if you're earning mid 5 figures or less and even then it's just a small filing fee.

at least my state's gotten in on the spirit of it, all the free tax filing apps round to the nearest dollar and last year I got an IIRC $40 fine for underreporting by $.23

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sean10mm posted:

I love when people use their partner doing a good thing as a pretext to poo poo on them, excellent life strategy there.

Plus instead of saying "oh honey I'm sorry it was just a joke I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" going for the full "jeez can't you take a joke bla bla what a petty rear end in a top hat" thing that's guaranteed to piss any reasonable person off.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alchenar posted:

Or that she's been told forever that it will hurt as one of the ways they try to scare kids from having sex... and so trying to start it DOES because she's clamping up tighter than a bear trap.

I don't know how religious abstinence people expect people to go from "Sex is the devil and will stain you for life and it's a horrible thing you should be ashamed of and it will hurt and lessen your self-worth" to "I am married, a switch is flipped, I will gently caress my husband every time he wants because that will prevent him from sin!" Nothing works that way in the human brain.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Midnight Voyager posted:

Or that she's been told forever that it will hurt as one of the ways they try to scare kids from having sex... and so trying to start it DOES because she's clamping up tighter than a bear trap.

I don't know how religious abstinence people expect people to go from "Sex is the devil and will stain you for life and it's a horrible thing you should be ashamed of and it will hurt and lessen your self-worth" to "I am married, a switch is flipped, I will gently caress my husband every time he wants because that will prevent him from sin!" Nothing works that way in the human brain.
That's.. what vaginismus is. A psychological condition that causes people to clench their vaginal canal super hard even when they otherwise want sex.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cumshitter posted:

They even taunt you right as you're entering your info saying that if you're a gold member they'll automatically enter your info from the previous year, which is essentially giving them money to copy/paste poo poo from their database.

They make it really hard to find, but you can still buy the downloadble/installable version for mac and windows. If you have last year's file it will just import poo poo for you. No extra fees.

cumshitter posted:

I mostly advise people to use CreditKarma's service for federal filing

Is that any good now? I remember all kinds of problems and complaints the first year they offered it (3 years ago?).

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Motronic posted:

Is that any good now? I remember all kinds of problems and complaints the first year they offered it (3 years ago?).

Last time I used it it was pretty bare bones, which is why I did it along with entering the same info on TurboTax. That was a few years ago though I've been using an accountant since.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mx. posted:

My boss cried when I asked for a raise

I can’t understand who this person actually works for because “manager” and “boss” are the same thing as far as i know.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I can’t understand who this person actually works for because “manager” and “boss” are the same thing as far as i know.

I usually take 'boss' in this context to mean big boss who is everyone's manager/owns the company, and 'manager' to mean your direct 'boss' whom you directly report to daily. So it's worker < manager < boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

sullat posted:

How marital property is divided is complicated and depends from state to state, but yeah, hiding assets is generally a big no-no.

In states where stuff you owned before a marriage stays yours after a marriage, usually the key to this is to not sell it or otherwise realize the potential income. Like if you own a share of stock and sell it during the marriage the income from that sale is joint property but you could have just not it and owned the share of stock yourself after a divorce. If you have a big wad of cash earning interest you can set up systems that sweep that interest into another account so your original cash pile doesn’t mix with the interest income it generated. So a transaction to another account is probably gonna look like a sale to a judge.

If he gave like 5 bitcoins to a friend as a “gift” then ok maybe but you gotta pay federal taxes on gifts over some limit like $12k/year (might be higher now but not 5 bitcoins high) so enjoy your ex wife reporting you to the irs.