Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

Couple minor things done to the car this weekend:

Replaced Eibach Sportlines with Ford Racing B springs. Went from 2" drop to about 1", tired of scraping my X pipe on the ground and it also rides way better. Also hoping for more weight transfer to the rear for some more tracton

If you really want weight transfer, springs are not the way to do it, you need full length subframes. poor chassis rigidity leads to poor weight transfer.
Torque arm and LCA will transfer more energy to the wheels.
Are you dragging the car? rear springs should be really mushy if you want weight transfer. if you are daily-ing it 300 to 350lb would be good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

thebigcow posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if you needed to buy a new general electronics module (GEM) for a new edge coupe, where would you go?

try https://www.oemford.parts/module?? I just searched for modules, so it should list every "module" Ford makes.
I never heard of it called a GEM before so I am not 100% sure I know what you are looking for.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Part YR3Z14B205DA. It controls the auto down on the driver's window and a bunch of other things because it has 5 sets of plugs running into it.

https://www.autoecmstore.com/products/yr3z14b205da This is all I've found. Haven't checked eBay/junk yards, haven't checked if it needs to be programmed by a dealer, and I haven't checked the wires going to and from it yet because I need a day to get over the pain of laying on my back in the driver's footwell.

Hoping I just have a broken wire in the door.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got some snow tires put on the ol’ ‘stang, haven’t really been able to drive it in the mornings because the summer only tires specify not to below 45 degrees.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

kalvick posted:

If you really want weight transfer, springs are not the way to do it, you need full length subframes. poor chassis rigidity leads to poor weight transfer.
Torque arm and LCA will transfer more energy to the wheels.
Are you dragging the car? rear springs should be really mushy if you want weight transfer. if you are daily-ing it 300 to 350lb would be good too.

Subframes are one of the first things I do to my cars. I have LCA's as well. Considering the torque arm setup but I think I want to make more power and get a real trans first.

I really don't want to stick 90/10's and drag springs on it. Might try a 15" wheel and 275/60 drag radials this spring. But I know I need to go to a bias ply since I have a stick.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I don't feel ashamed to post here now! Had a little fender bender last month, wasn't going fast just not paying enough attention to my surroundings. Shop was backed up and took a week and a half but I have it back now.

Just need new headlights and she'll be mint again.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Does anyone know how to handle a small rattle developing in the dash? I know where it is, when I push a little bit on the right ring around the odometer it goes away. This is for a 2019 for what it’s worth.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
As an owner of my third Mustang, I’d love to find out what stops Mustang dash rattle.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

As the owner of my fourth S550 the answer is buy a new mustang when it starts to rattle. (Usually its the metal plate in the dash over the glove compartment. Little hot glue fixed my last rattle.)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I thought my brand new Mustang had a rattle and then my wife pointed out that I was a moron and it was my glasses in the sunglasses holder.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

bird with big dick posted:

I thought my brand new Mustang had a rattle and then my wife pointed out that I was a moron and it was my glasses in the sunglasses holder.

this has been me, many times.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

this has been me, many times.

Both of you are morons!

This was years ago, when I swapped out the mach 460 radio with an aftermarket mp3 cd player. I thought it sounded fine and I am not an audiophile by anymeans, but I drove my mustang with speakers out of phase for like 10 years and my wife when she got in the car for the 1st time for some strange reason, said it sounds like poo poo.
I took it to a audio shop and the dude laughed at me.

I swapped it out with new everything and I was blown away on what the sound was supposed to sound like.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I don't feel ashamed to post here now! Had a little fender bender last month, wasn't going fast just not paying enough attention to my surroundings. Shop was backed up and took a week and a half but I have it back now.

Just need new headlights and she'll be mint again.

Glad you are ok dude. Pay attention next time ;)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
no

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Come on, that's not an acceptable response. It sounds like you didn't even hit any pedestrians.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thinkin about gettin this wing for my Mustang

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

our cars thirst for parked automobiles

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1460257234743611401

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shopping for 20x9 wheels for my Mustang (an inch wider than stock) and tirerack.com won't let you just search by size and bolt pattern and offset and poo poo they make you put in your car which means they only show me 20x8" wheels, but I discovered that the Volvo XC90, and the Volvo XC90 only, has the same bolt pattern and also the right offset and wheel width. And they even got a color that isn't too far off from Grabber blue. These are the four leading contenders

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Option 3, imo. Pita to clean, but that style looks great on mustangs.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
id say one of the first two. if it was mine, i would probably lean towards the first option. plus the bronze rules

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone want a bad deal on a mustang?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
For wheels.... in terms of keeping clean get the 1st one, otherwise, any of the choices are not bad. Ceramic coat all over them before you mount on the car! Its so easy to just hose off brake dust ;)

and as for the Mustang for 19k with 60k miles.... What do you suppose a 2001 GT model with 25k miles would go for with todays crazy market instead?
most of you know my mods, and it gets about $1000 a year in parts or maintenance for the last 20 years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Cage posted:

Anyone want a bad deal on a mustang?

I just sold mine a few weeks ago! '03 38k miles. Same color.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

davecrazy posted:

I just sold mine a few weeks ago! '03 38k miles. Same color.

For how much though?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dinurth posted:

For how much though?

11k. It was an outdoor car for 18 years and had some serious paint issues (few scratches through the clear-coat), the stripes were all peeling and frayed, one of the side emblems was cracked in half (easy fixes, but goes to the condition of the car). I got sideswiped by a cab in Manhattan in 2016 and front fender didn't quiiiite align with the hood perfectly anymore after the door/mirror were replaced. The rear end had bad differential gasket for forever. Also their were some electrical gremlins. The battery would randomly lose charge, despite being only a year old. It smelled like mold inside after it rained (I had the filers and whatnot replaced, didn't help). It was a ton of fun, but the lack of a garage and being street parked for almost two decades was not kind to it.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
That seems like good money for the problems. My 01 Bullitt had battery problems and turned out one of the speakers or subs (I don't remember) had a parasitic drain going on. It was fine as long as I drove it normally, but if it sat for more than 3 days the battery would die.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Made a terrible terrible decision and bought a brand new Mustang Mach 1 with 7.1 miles on the clock. Fighter Jet Grey. I'll have some pics once I can get to a place I can actually use imgur since my work blocks it.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
That's the best decision you could have ever made. Super jealous that's my dream mustang!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm going to need to see a burnout to determine the quality of the decision, tbh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm going to need to see a burnout to determine the quality of the decision, tbh.

I just spent $1500 putting no seasons on it, because we had an incoming nor'easter and that was the best I could do on short notice, so let me get through the break-in period where I don't have to be afraid of the metallic glitter of too many RPM and I'll think about it. Ain't gonna do a burnout on the summers because those are even more expensive to replace.

E: Thank you foresight for making me take some pics with my cellphone and putting a post on reddit about new car.

https://imgur.com/a/r6sPymD

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 30, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

loving gorgeous.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

davecrazy posted:

loving gorgeous.

I really wanted one with the handling package, but then I looked at what replacement tires for the handling package cost and cried. Also, couldn't find a handling package mach 1 within about 75 miles of my house, and dealers were dicks and didn't want to order one without sticking a 10k markup on it, cause it's a "hot market".

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

orange juche posted:

I really wanted one with the handling package, but then I looked at what replacement tires for the handling package cost and cried. Also, couldn't find a handling package mach 1 within about 75 miles of my house, and dealers were dicks and didn't want to order one without sticking a 10k markup on it, cause it's a "hot market".

I sold my 2003 Mach 1 last month and every day I'm on the Ford site looking at the '21/'22s. Thing is I just bought a SRT Durango with the 6.4 Hemi and out of garage space.

Enjoy it, it's awesome!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

davecrazy posted:

I sold my 2003 Mach 1 last month and every day I'm on the Ford site looking at the '21/'22s. Thing is I just bought a SRT Durango with the 6.4 Hemi and out of garage space.

Enjoy it, it's awesome!

I drove it to work today, and my coworker already challenged me to a drag race in his Kia Stinger GT lol. Once it warms up I might humor him so I can walk him.

Buying this Mach 1 was literally 2 months of me working myself up to it and making sure I could afford the payments, She's pricy, but worth it IMO.

E: after trying to navigate city parking decks at 7 am since they shut down the entire center of Baltimore at 6AM, it is a mother fucker to park this thing compared to a MX-5, then again it weighs almost as much as 2 NA gen Miatas. Almost scraped the gently caress out of the car twice trying to squeeze through poo poo that must have been designed to fit an econobox. Luckily everything is still intact lol.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 30, 2022

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

orange juche posted:

I just spent $1500 putting no seasons on it, because we had an incoming nor'easter and that was the best I could do on short notice, so let me get through the break-in period where I don't have to be afraid of the metallic glitter of too many RPM and I'll think about it. Ain't gonna do a burnout on the summers because those are even more expensive to replace.

E: Thank you foresight for making me take some pics with my cellphone and putting a post on reddit about new car.

Hi5 fellow Gray Mustang haver.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

orange juche posted:

Made a terrible terrible decision and bought a brand new Mustang Mach 1 with 7.1 miles on the clock. Fighter Jet Grey. I'll have some pics once I can get to a place I can actually use imgur since my work blocks it.
Where's the terrible decision in this post? Congrats.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Extremely laughable question, but can the new Mustangs fit some big ol dogs in the back?
Photos for reference:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

orange juche posted:

Hell yeah my dude. 10 speed or Tremec? While I don't have the huge complaints many do about my MT82, especially after I put in a trans mounted MGW shifter, I still lust after that sweet Tremec.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Oh hey Mach 1 buddy, sup. The grey is absolutely stunning in person, photos don't do it justice.

Just got mine last week, ordered it in Sept. Wanted the handling package real bad but when I ordered it wasn't available, and as you said every dealer in the god drat country wanted at least 10k over asking. I'll just put cup 2's on this when I hit the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Tenchrono posted:

Extremely laughable question, but can the new Mustangs fit some big ol dogs in the back?
Photos for reference:

Definitely. It’s foot space that’s missing, not overall size. However, the newer the Mustang, the bucket-ier the seats are. My dogs don’t like it unless I got a pillow to kinda make the seats be less of a cup.