Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What’s the deal with Golladay? Someone just dropped him and I’m seriously thinking of burning my #1 waiver for him in a 14 team 3 WR league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He can’t stay healthy?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Silly Burrito posted:

What’s the deal with Golladay? Someone just dropped him and I’m seriously thinking of burning my #1 waiver for him in a 14 team 3 WR league.

Combination of health issues and just not forming good chemistry with Daniel Jones. That said in a 14 team 3 WR league he probably still has value.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Is anyone else starting Rodgers tonight? I’m simultaneously confident and terrified that my double whammy combo of Rodgers/Tonyan is going to drop a big goose egg… should I start Burrow instead? Or trust Rodgers to do Rodgers things, but throw Higbee into my lineup over Tonyan?

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 28, 2021

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Starting Rodgers because I have no other choice and don’t want to drop any of my bench for the likes of Teddy Bridgewater, Carson Wentz or Taylor Heinicke :fyadride:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gin_Rummy posted:

Is anyone else starting Rodgers tonight? I’m simultaneously confident and terrified that my double whammy combo of Rodgers/Tonyan is going to drop a big goose egg… should I start Burrow instead? Or trust Rodgers to do Rodgers things, but throw Higbee into my lineup over Tonyan?

I would start Burrow over Rodgers with no Adams/Lazard.

Tonyan might actually be a good play with those WRs out.

I'm just hoping its a big Aaron Jones game.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Ugh actually maybe I should pick up Wentz to cover for Rodgers. I just read Arizona’s stats against QBs and it’s a short week without Adams and Lazard.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Whoreson Welles posted:

Ugh actually maybe I should pick up Wentz to cover for Rodgers. I just read Arizona’s stats against QBs and it’s a short week without Adams and Lazard.

Stafford put up just above 19, Mayfield was injured, Cousins put up 24 and change. The other QBs they've faced have been Tannehill and three rookies (including Mills and Lance's first start). Maybe this is the Cardinal fan pessimism, but Rodgers is going to do Rodgers things.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They lost JJ Watt for whatever that's worth.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah Rogers without Adams is usually just fine. I'd need a pretty good backup to pivot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So uh this just happened in one of my leagues and I don’t know what to think

A couple weeks ago team a traded away 3 players one of which was Ekeler, team b also traded 3 players including Chase and Hunt. Nothing wrong with it so it went through.

So today another trade go accepted between the same 2 guys. Which normally who cares, but someone commented on it because one of the players was Freeman so wanted to laugh. One of the involved parties comes out and tells us all that this was included as part of the original trade a couple weeks back. The guy sending Chase and Hunt had also traded his waiver priority for Ekeler.

What?

So if the guy didn’t see anyone he wanted for 5 weeks, the guy wouldn’t be able to pick anyone up for his team?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

VietCampo posted:

So if the guy didn’t see anyone he wanted for 5 weeks, the guy wouldn’t be able to pick anyone up for his team?

Not sure I follow - if it's waiver priority he could've picked up anyone at any time and chosen to use or not use the traded higher priority at any time. No?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

dxt posted:

I suppose you’re right that Tonyan is still a good play… even if Rodgers doesn’t drop any TDs, Tonyan can still rack up points from receptions on dump offs.

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah Rogers without Adams is usually just fine. I'd need a pretty good backup to pivot.

I would think Burrow falls under the category of “pretty good backup,” no?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Not sure I follow - if it's waiver priority he could've picked up anyone at any time and chosen to use or not use the traded higher priority at any time. No?

The person who traded away Ekeler basically got the rights to the other guys waiver priority which was #2 at the time of the trade, #1 is a taco and doesn’t do much so basically defacto #1. The issue is owning the waiver priority would effectively neuter the other guys ability to pick up players for himself. Which sure he’s the one who agreed to it, but seems like it shouldn’t be allowed.

Like say if this trade happened in week 2 and the guy who had the rights didn’t want him to waste the waiver until week 7. I just feel like it opens up a can of worms, like someone just straight up trading his #1 waiver rights for a good player.

I understand everyone can run their team however they want, I’m just wanting to see what other people think of this and if it’s cool and dandy.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Gin_Rummy posted:

vs. NYJ, no less! You're gonna feel bad for benching Rodgers (and he will possibly make a fool of you) but Burrow is a totally rational replacement for this week.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gin_Rummy posted:

Oh yeah

The one thing that gives me pause is that NYJ is an extreme run funnel (because why bother passing when you're leading and can run 7 ypc) so your passing game upside is limited

Mixon is going to absolutely feast

Would probably start Burrow ahead of Rogers in any case but don't listen to me, I'm a moron

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

Would probably start Burrow ahead of Rogers in any case but don't listen to me, I'm a moron
:IdontRememberTheHighFiveEmote: Yeah whatever I pick will end up being the bad choice so I wasnt sure what to say.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

dxt posted:

Cardinals have the #1 defense versus TE's for what it's worth.

Tonyan might be a gooseegg, but Rodgers makes fools of us all the time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

The person who traded away Ekeler basically got the rights to the other guys waiver priority which was #2 at the time of the trade, #1 is a taco and doesn’t do much so basically defacto #1. The issue is owning the waiver priority would effectively neuter the other guys ability to pick up players for himself. Which sure he’s the one who agreed to it, but seems like it shouldn’t be allowed.

Like say if this trade happened in week 2 and the guy who had the rights didn’t want him to waste the waiver until week 7. I just feel like it opens up a can of worms, like someone just straight up trading his #1 waiver rights for a good player.

I understand everyone can run their team however they want, I’m just wanting to see what other people think of this and if it’s cool and dandy.

The guy who traded the #1 waiver priority away would receive back whatever waiver priority the other manager in the trade had. Nothing wrong with that. In my league people trade their waiver priority all the time. It just has to be announced and the commissioner is notified and makes the waiver priority change manually.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying, it’s kinda hard to follow your description.

But, again, trading waiver priority for a player or draft pick is totally fine.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

The real answer is "what do your league rules say?"

Our league rules explicitly allow FAAB trading as part of trade deals. If your league rules don't say anything it's the commissioner's call. If you are in a league where people vote down trades and stuff the answer is probably "whatever each owner feels like best suits them at the time."

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

The guy who traded the #1 waiver priority away would receive back whatever waiver priority the other manager in the trade had. Nothing wrong with that. In my league people trade their waiver priority all the time. It just has to be announced and the commissioner is notified and makes the waiver priority change manually.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying, it’s kinda hard to follow your description.

But, again, trading waiver priority for a player or draft pick is totally fine.

It was never announced and we only found out about it today, 2 weeks after the original trade. The guy giving up the #1 waiver doesn’t get the other guys waiver position. So essentially a backdoor agreement for the guy getting to use the other guys #1 waiver whenever he deemed fit.

dy. posted:

The real answer is "what do your league rules say?"

Our league rules explicitly allow FAAB trading as part of trade deals. If your league rules don't say anything it's the commissioner's call. If you are in a league where people vote down trades and stuff the answer is probably "whatever each owner feels like best suits them at the time."

It’s just a simple redraft league on yahoo that I was invited to this season, with no special rules or anything. Yahoo default doesn’t allow trading waivers which is why I was wondering.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

VietCampo posted:

It’s just a simple redraft league on yahoo that I was invited to this season, with no special rules or anything. Yahoo default doesn’t allow trading waivers which is why I was wondering.
Sounds like "whatever each owner feels like best suits them at the time" then.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

So im 1-6 and wondering if I need to trade CMC to salvage my season. Thing is how do you even value him? He's eligible to return next week but after last year and now this season I have no idea what will happen. I'd like to not come in last place because this league usually doles out some sort of punishment, am currently in next to last playing the last place team this week.

For reference my team

QB D. Prescott (Dal)
WR AJ Brown (Ten)
WR C. Ridley (Atl)
WR D. Johnson (Pit)
RB D. Swift (Det)
RB K. Herbert (Chi)
TE C. Uzomah (Cin)
WRT D. Williams (KC)
WRT R. Woods (LAR)

BN M. Andrews (Bal)
BN C. McCaffrey (Car)
BN R. Moore (Ari)
BN M. Carter (NYJ)
BN M. Gordon (Den)
BN D. Singletary (Buf)

And this is the team of the leaguemate who's interested in trading, hes 5-2

QB J. Burrow (Cin)
WR C. Patterson (Atl) stupid dual eligibility
WR M. Pittman (Ind)
WR B. Cooks (Hou)
RB J. Taylor (Ind)
RB D. Henderson (LAR)
TE R. Gronkowski (TB)
WRT D. Harris (NE)
WRT D. Johnson (Cle)

BN S. Michel (LAR)
BN D. Montgomery (Chi)
BN K. Drake (LV)
BN K. Golladay (NYG)
BN R. Cobb (GB)
BN D. Adams (GB)

I'm thinking of asking for something like Henderson + Cooks but am curious what other people would do. I don't have a lot of experience trading. I do think I can win this week and that if CMC comes back and plays fully, my team might be okay. But i have to win every week now to have a shot at playoffs.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
drat, your team looked so good too. Doesn't look like a 1-6 team even without CMC.

I think Henderson + Cooks would be a good offer since that guy showed interest in CMC. You could ask for JT but it'll probably be declined.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

freeman posted:

drat, your team looked so good too. Doesn't look like a 1-6 team even without CMC.

I think Henderson + Cooks would be a good offer since that guy showed interest in CMC. You could ask for JT but it'll probably be declined.

Yeah, i have the second highest points against and lost one week by one point. Then it was just a combination of losing CMC, AJB being hurt, and ridley/woods underperforming. I also made some poor decisions like started Tyson williams a couple times and dropped Mattison before Cook was hurt, and chose poorly for DST. Thems the breaks i guess

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

It was never announced and we only found out about it today, 2 weeks after the original trade. The guy giving up the #1 waiver doesn’t get the other guys waiver position. So essentially a backdoor agreement for the guy getting to use the other guys #1 waiver whenever he deemed fit.

How the hell does he “use” someone else’s waiver? Like he tells the guy to use his waiver claim and then trade the him the player that was just claimed, getting nothing in return?

That’s just straight collusion then and obviously shouldn’t be allowed if it wasn’t made clear at the point the original trade was made.

Why are you people in such bad leagues?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Gin_Rummy posted:

I have Rodgers, but Jameis is my backup. Wish I had Burrow.

Heard on the radio today that Rodgers is 6-0 without Adams and the Pack put up 7 more points per game in those games than when Adams played. So it's counter-intuitive.

BUT, Rodgers likely had WR2 and WR3 as options in those six games. He doesn't have any of his three best WRs tonight. That's a DEEP hole.

Burrow and the Bengals are going up against the Jets, who aren't as bad defensively as they are offensively, but I'd still rather roll the dice on Joey Franchise this week than Rodgers who's facing a wicked good defense, even without JJ Watt.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I picked up Wentz today in anticipation of starting him over Rodgers but realized gently caress it, gonna roll with Jeopardyman.

Ride with me, goon fantasy football bretheren.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

I picked up Wentz today in anticipation of starting him over Rodgers but realized gently caress it, gonna roll with Jeopardyman.

Ride with me, goon fantasy football bretheren.

It wouldn’t be fantasy football if tons of people weren’t galaxy braining themselves out of playing their high draft capital studs.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Just look at this loving glorious flowing mane. I don’t give a poo poo if it’s a short week and the Cards are tough against QB’s and his top two weapons are out-

You start this man.

e: wait I just saw CocoaNuts’ post, real talk yes I would start Burrow over Rodgers this week.

Whoreson Welles fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 28, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Aaron Rodgers looks like he’s going to bum a cigarette off you in a 7/11 parking lot and probably also steals catalytic converters.

Edit and also buys tall cans one and two at a time

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just grabbed Cobb off waivers to start. I'm 0-7 in that league, gently caress it YOLO

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Dango Bango posted:

Just grabbed Cobb off waivers to start. I'm 0-7 in that league, gently caress it YOLO

I love it. Imagine if he goes off and your opponent has to see 30 points from Cobb for the next 2 days.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah I’m starting Aaron Jones and Tonyan tonight and I don’t feel good about it necessarily, but they’ve at least gotta catch more balls than usual right? Right?!?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Dango Bango posted:

I chickened out at the last minute and dropped Cobb for Cole Beasley. Would rather have the WR3 on a great offense facing Miami.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Condolences to anyone baited into starting him https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1453898716608356357

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Dango Bango posted:

:hfive:

We’re in this same crappy pick up and start boat.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Let's gooooo!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

shirts and skins posted:

I chickened out at the last minute and dropped Cobb for Cole Beasley. Would rather have the WR3 on a great offense facing Miami.

GFD of course lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Happy for you Cobb-havers :allears: