Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If death isn't captured in - camera then what is the loving point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

The press hasn't mentioned it yet, but Jessica Fletcher was visiting the set (to see her friend's grand-niece). She's already halfway through cracking the case and proving that all of this was a murder planned specifically by *gasp* Billy Baldwin, who was hoping to take control of his brother Alec's fortune.

But Jessica Fletcher back? She's been dead for years.

It truly is a Halloween miracle!!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

jim belushi let me hold his gun on set when he was in town to film traces of red and it was a real gun and it was kewl

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I worked with a set dresser who found and kept a loaded pistol someone left in the bathroom

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alex bladman shooting that lady was the red october Q warned us about

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bad Purchase posted:

. we should return to reading these stories in print and use the power of our own imaginations to produce imagery and characters more fantastical and thrilling than could ever be captured on a medium as lifeless as film.

I agree, film is poison for the mind.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gonna sue you, this gun is less than 2% bullet

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Liz lemon: Jack, did you fire the union propmaster?
Jack donaghy: lemon, take my word for it— hiring non-union is always the way to go
Liz lemon: well, then who’s managing the props??
Kenneth: (running up, out of breath) Mr. donaghy, here’s the gun you asked for!

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
*Bursts onto the set dual wielding pistols and firing wildly into the crowd*

gently caress yeah let's make some movies!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

kenneth would somehow have extensive firearms knowledge and have perfect etiquette when handling them.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

pentyne posted:

Nicolas Cage Reportedly Once Lost His Sh*t On Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, The ‘Rust’ Armorer When Halyna Hutchins Was Killed

I recall reading previously that she had been saying how she was trained by her father from a young age with all this stuff

There's like a 99% chance her dad didn't really train her, and she just used some basic gun experience to lie her way into some cool Hollywood jobs off the back of her name after she got bored when she finished college.

Women shouldn't be allowed to have guns

When a man is the root cause of a multiple shooting at least it's on purpose

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Jesus. Is that the armorer?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

oliveoil posted:

Jesus. Is that the armorer?

Yeah, probably a couple years ago.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pop pop tarts

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

would NOT take her word that a firearm is cold and suitable for handling in a potentially unsafe manner

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Something something Chris Rock something bullet control.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Would a suit of armor stop a bullet??

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

kntfkr posted:

"Dad, it happened again. Can u or mom pick me up? I'm drunk. Bring my Switch."

soooo, inked magazine cover girl career stalled, so she went with her back-up of "lie about how much my dad taught me & use his name to get jobs"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

suicide girl turned homicide girl

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

She can be my armorer anytime.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Why in the hell would you let a woman anywhere near fire arms. Thats like letting my dog chew on a glock

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

is your dog a baldwin?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

pentyne posted:

Nicolas Cage Reportedly Once Lost His Sh*t On Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, The ‘Rust’ Armorer When Halyna Hutchins Was Killed

Nicolas Cage furious about nepotism in Hollywood.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
When Baldwin gives you the finger guns you loving duck for cover

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol she's gonna get off with a slap on the wrist isn't she

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bad Purchase posted:

not only are guns dangerous as props, but so are all stunts, set construction projects, and just being near others at all during a pandemic. live cinema production was a mistake and should be put to an immediate stop worldwide. we should return to reading these stories in print and use the power of our own imaginations to produce imagery and characters more fantastical and thrilling than could ever be captured on a medium as lifeless as film.
Have you seen a printing press? Those things are heavy as hell and prone to hardcore industrial accidents. I'd say that oral storytelling is relatively safe but only when all COVID rules are adhered to including keeping safe distances and wearing proper masks.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Palpek posted:

Have you seen a printing press? Those things are heavy as hell and prone to hardcore industrial accidents. I'd say that oral storytelling is relatively safe but only when all COVID rules are adhered to including keeping safe distances and wearing proper masks.

No no... if you talk to someone you might give them ideas and there's nothing more dangerous than to give people ideas.

The only solution clearly, is for all of us to just stop everything.. sshhh... it will all be over soon.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

uXs posted:

The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction. There have been thousands of movies made since Brandon Lee with no problem, and it took a combination of a crew doing target practice with guns from the set, an inexperienced armorer who leaves guns and ammunition lying around all over the place, and an assistant director who picks up a random weapon from a table and yells 'cold gun' without actually checking, to have this (very serious) accident.

With a safety culture that bad, just banning guns seems fairly useless and not addressing the actual problem, which is that none of those people should've been allowed anywhere near a film set.

the reason there's so many precautions is precisely because so many people like this are let near a film set with regularity lol

you're never going to be able to stop the procession of mediocrity that is people getting jobs from influence and nepotism in film-making so banning real guns from sets is a pretty sure way to make sure this doesn't happen again. we can hem and haw about how if things are done correctly per union rules with a properly trained armorer this wouldn't have happened, but it's clear that setting up a system of rules to prevent it just doesn't work, especially during a time when the union itself is refraining from working in order to fight for worker's right so obviously union scabs are going to appear and put people in danger. All it takes is one death, it doesn't matter that there 'hasn't been an accident like this since Brandon Lee', the answer is there should be none. the reason this is so high profile is both the current union situation, but also because it's the perfect symbol for current working conditions in the industry for crew. It's a lot of crew warning people about things, who then ignore their expertise to save money, and poo poo going wrong and having to scramble to catch it, and it was only a matter of time until the poo poo that went wrong led to a death (in fact it has already, just not always gun shootings!). This is a problem a long time coming.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 28, 2021

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The director who killed the PA on the set of Midnight Rider in 2014 by having them shoot on actual active train tracks, is not in jail and still allowed to direct films as long as he isn't in charge of safety, so I dunno what to tell you, that guy killed someone and still makin' movies lol

Sarah Jones was her name, and he's Randall Miller, if you're curious

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 28, 2021

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i have decided the armorer is not to blame

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

uXs posted:

The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction.

Yeah, if anything Rust has already produced more entertainment than any other movie in recent memory, and on a minuscule budget, even, so actually - more guns and more failsons / faildaughters on sets, please.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The director who killed the PA on the set of Midnight Rider in 2014 by having them shoot on actual active train tracks, is not in jail and still allowed to direct films as long as he isn't in charge of safety, so I dunno what to tell you, that guy killed someone and still makin' movies lol

That story is loving gnarly, Jesus christ.

quote:

From shore, several dozen yards away, a voice shouted to the crew that in the event a train appeared, everyone would have 60 seconds to clear the tracks. “Everybody on the crew was tripping over that,” says Gilliard. “A minute? Are you serious?” By now, she and two other crewmembers were nervous enough that before shooting, they gathered in an informal prayer circle. “Lord, please protect us on these tracks,” murmured Gilliard. “Surround us with your angels and help us, Lord.”

While Gilliard prayed, Jones helped load film, monitor the cameras and transport gear. A fresh-faced South Carolinian with a passion for travel and books, Jones wasn’t really the type to fret much. The crew was filming a dream sequence, and they had placed a twin-size metal-framed bed and mattress in the middle of the tracks. Then, Gilliard looked up and saw a light in the distance, followed by the immense howl of a locomotive. It was a train — and it was hurtling toward them.

VIDEO: ‘Midnight Rider’ Victim Sarah Jones Remembered on Oscars Broadcast

Two stories high, screaming with the sound of a blast horn and possibly brakes, the train was nearly as wide as the trestle. Gilliard says Miller yelled at everyone to run. Jones, several bags slung over each shoulder, shouted something about what to do with the expensive camera equipment. “Drop it!” Gilliard and others yelled. “Just drop it!”

The only viable escape route to the closest shore lay in running toward the approaching train, now traveling, by one estimate, at almost 60 mph. Gilliard tried to make her way onto the metal gangplank parallel to the tracks. Miller and another crewmember began tugging at the bed, trying to remove it from the train’s path, fearing it might cause a derailment. But as the train approached, Gilliard says, they abandoned their efforts.

Before Gilliard knew it, the train was upon her. She found herself clinging to one of the girders. But the blast of pressure and wind from the train’s passing ripped Gilliard’s left arm away from her body and straight into the train. It snapped like a stick. With one hand still on the girder, Gilliard looked down and saw bone sticking out of her sweater. And then she saw blood. She grabbed a sheet that had come loose from the mattress and wrapped her bleeding arm inside it. With the train howling past just inches behind her, Gilliard threw herself onto two metal wires that stretched between the girders and along the gangplank, thrust her head out over the river below and shut her eyes. “I saw my life, my kids, my family, all of it before me,” she says. “I was sure I was going to die.”

One of the first things she saw when she opened her eyes again was a lifeless Jones, her body and face mangled. Like Gilliard, Jones had tried to find shelter on the gangplank. But when the train hit the bed and mattress, it sent debris flying. Something may have hit Jones, possibly propelling her into the train’s path

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
At least this girl was killed by someone handsome like Alec Baldwin. It's not like the Phil Spector fiasco.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Lol the court hardly did poo poo to this rear end in a top hat

Miller: hello railroad, can I film on your active tracks?
Railroad: no
later...
Miller: hello railroad, can I film on your active tracks?
Railroad: no again
movie starts
Crew: are we cleared to film on the tracks?
Miller: that’s complicated
woman killed by train literally minutes after starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mozi posted:

if i were him the only things i would be saying would be through a lawyer

That statement could not sound more like it was bought from him by the Baldwin lawyers to ensure that Alec walks whatever the DA's office decides to do with this.