Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

An insane mind posted:

France doesn't know about the U.K.'s state of the art aircraft carrier? This might not end well for Jupiter :(

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/06/french-british-dual-carrier-exercise-gallic-strike-concludes/

The military is too busy sailings menacingly around "former" colonial holdings to deal with petty civilian politics.

They need to let everyone in Africa know what's what and to keep China contained.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lostconfused posted:

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/06/french-british-dual-carrier-exercise-gallic-strike-concludes/

The military is too busy sailings menacingly around "former" colonial holdings to deal with petty civilian politics.

They need to let everyone in Africa know what's what and to keep China contained.

some are foolish enough to assume politeness is acceptance

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pryor on Fire posted:

You don't need aircraft carriers to fight someone 40 miles away homey, in fact the land based planes are much more effective. I'm starting to see why the empire collapsed so quickly, not everything is a boat!
You need carriers to create air superiority for the invasion of St. Pierre & Miquelon/The Falklands.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

mrmcd posted:

Wow. An extra £3 of profit for pub owners on every hundred pints!

In a British pub isn't that about three pounds per customer every night? That's not bad.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

mrmcd posted:

Wow. An extra £3 of profit for pub owners on every hundred pints!

Only on pints from big breweries though as the relief is only for beer in kegs 40l+.
Craft and microbreweries mostly use 30l kegs so they won't benefit at all.

Basically a bung to the large corporations while are LOCAL BRITISH breweries get increased competition.

Someone did the math and Heineken would see a relief of around £10.5 mil per year.

And because its only 3p a pint there's no chance pubs will pass that saving on to the punters.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/emmadaboutlife/status/1453636495810576390

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
french planes are probably buzzing around some former french african holdings too (if they even still have fuel). rev up the spitfires lads

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1453778703712989200

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Uk should declare war on france

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mr Hootington posted:

Uk should declare war on france

No, on the contrary.

e, second response:

https://twitter.com/KyleSew2112/status/1453779603420553220

Uhh okay :confused: good, uh, good for you I guess?

it's not like you even get to choose after Brexit

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Oct 28, 2021

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

strangely, that’s also what the French would prefer

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
have you seen a continental breakfast? they can go gently caress themselves

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This but it’s Captain Britain

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Regarde Aduck posted:

have you seen a continental breakfast? they can go gently caress themselves

A continental breakfast is a very unimpressive meal but a full english breakfast explains why so many British people are shaped the way they are

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

do Swedes eat crepes with lingonberry everyday?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

do Swedes eat crepes with lingonberry everyday?

twice a day in fact

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Continental breakfast is British disinformation. Nobody in Europe eats anything that dull.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Continental breakfast is British disinformation. Nobody in Europe eats anything that dull.

false information about what people from different places eat!? :monocle:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/29/the-queen-advised-to-rest-for-two-weeks-says-buckingham-palace

The Queen Is loving Dead

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
please only use the most respectful account, bbc bweaking nuwus, to report on her royal majesty's unfortunate ill health

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
if they follow the tradition of king george they'll want it in the sunday papers and give her a big shot of morphine sat morning to ensure that happens right

e: in case anybody thinks I'm joking:
https://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/28/world/1936-secret-is-out-doctor-sped-george-v-s-death.html

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The blue light flashes and BBC Twuwuu starts playing a twee version of the designated mourning music with a ukulele and a kazoo

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
also remember when the bristol cops left an empty van in the way of the protestors well the dude who set it on fire just got convicted of arson with intent to endanger life
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/29/kill-the-bill-protester-convicted-of-trying-to-endanger-police-officers-life
not clear which life, but you know, life in general I guess

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
also also the guardian published a big post on how the gov is u turning on sewage and there's totally going to be a new bill next week
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/29/campaigners-uk-u-turn-raw-sewage-water
except the only actual info they give on the actual u-turn that's the whole focus of the article is

quote:

Eventually the government gave in and U-turned. Ministers said they would be writing their own amendment next week to place a legal duty on water companies to cut sewage discharges.
Guess that whatsapp group is alive and well even without cummings lol such bullshit just dm the nearest guardian "journalist" being like "please tell everybody we're fixing everything even though we haven't done anything yet we're about to but you can't see I swear"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

This but it’s Captain Britain

I wish they would make a TV series out of Zenith, the 2000AD comic which is basically UK making superheroes and not the US for WW2, and Zenith is a kid of some of them in the 80s.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

God save our gracious King!
Long live our noble King!
God save the King!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King!

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter his enemies,
And make them fall:
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix:
God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On him be pleased to pour;
Long may he reign:
May he defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the King!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

ready for a new monarch?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
They are going try and find some other cause than 'natural causes'.

I don't know if it's going to be EU, Corbyn, Immigrants, whatever.

The tories WILL politicise this, no matter how ludicrous the connection.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I mean you saw how philip died because of stress of meghan

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Got shot with the Havanna ray gun. Very sad

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Kissinger outlives another one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This Queen is definitely deceased, and when I asked it not 'alf a week ago, you assured me that her total lack of movement was due to her bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

She's pining for the Phillip.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It would be extremely funny if charles died first

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

should go out like a champ like catherine the great

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Can you guys please keep her alive so us yanks don't have to suffer from 24/7 coverage of whether or not Harry and Meghan are going to the coronation?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jose posted:

She will decree that she be hooked up to increasingly complex life support machinery Warhammer style just so he does.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

im waiting for the day when the president of the united states is also the monarch of the united kingdom

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

frankenfreak posted:

She will decree that she be hooked up to increasingly complex life support machinery Warhammer style just so he does.

this has been the case for at least 30 years at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jose posted:

Charles has gone into hiding to prevent this.