Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I mean, the majority of people currently writing for WH40k, let alone consuming it, DO take it dead seriously and DO think the Emperor was fully justified, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/postingtwink/status/1453786886640750594

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

*witnesses the entirety of human history* “hmm let me help humans develop a source of energy magnitudes greater than anything they currently possess during a world spanning conflict”

august 6, 1945: “whoops”

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I mean, the majority of people currently writing for WH40k, let alone consuming it, DO take it dead seriously and DO think the Emperor was fully justified, so...

40k is about getting either

>big tiddy Sister of Battle GF
>big tiddy Eldar GF
>big tiddy Tau GF

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

shut....... the gently caress......... up..................

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/1453773424963248132

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they're really going the ghostbusters route with this

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
They're going to do that thing where they take a quote from a negative review and use it for promotion but it's going to be like

quote:

"the GAYEST movie of the year" - TradCrypto486, IMDB

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's gotta be astroturf. i doubt even chuds care enough about this poo poo to bother.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hodgepodge posted:

it's gotta be astroturf. i doubt even chuds care enough about this poo poo to bother.

they know it’ll trigger the libs and it’s paying dividends in that regard

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Pls let Dune kill this lovely movie. Kingo and crew should be on that sardaukar planet being exsanguinated.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

absolutely

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Pls let Dune kill this lovely movie. Kingo and crew should be on that sardaukar planet being exsanguinated.

Kingo Idaho took down 19 Sardaukar before they killed him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

Another superhero theme movie how exciting.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Judakel posted:

lmao lucas really retroactively hosed herbert up

now all the poo poo he stole makes even dunc look contrived

Same thing happened with John Carter (of Mars)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Even the actors on the poster look utterly loving bored to be there

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the virgin storm troopers vs the Chad sardaukar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMQ5iQ-NbFA

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Judakel posted:

they're really going the ghostbusters route with this

At least Ghostbusters got Milo banned on Twitter and started his career death spiral.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Lmao he deleted the tweet.

Kingo

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i see the tweet got deleted. did the Disney Internet Outrage Astroturf Division decide to go in a different direction or did kumail refuse to play ball

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
what did Kingo tweet?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i am at this point morbidly curious whether eternals actually has anything resembling a gay subplot or whether this is more of a rise of skywalker or onwards thing where theyre just exaggerating the importance of minor characters who could easily be written out of the movie

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Aglet56 posted:

i see the tweet got deleted. did the Disney Internet Outrage Astroturf Division decide to go in a different direction or did kumail refuse to play ball

I would bet anything he got a call from his agent.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lol coward deleted

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

a thing does not have to endure to have worth

cherry blossoms fall in the air

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1453480545497792512?s=20

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Jesus, they're desperate. This is really pathetic, especially considering the gay bit can't be plot relevant in any way because it was 100% designed to be cut out of international screenings.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Jesus, they're desperate. This is really pathetic, especially considering the gay bit can't be plot relevant in any way because it was 100% designed to be cut out of international screenings.

Disney doesn't even feel confident with this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the executives get some insurance package if a movie bombs or some bullshit like that.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

eternals might straight up turn out rotten its right on the edge of fresh right on rotten tomatoes now with sixty two percent out of a hundred and one reviews and this is a week out from release with critics disney is relatively confident will eat up whatever slop they hand out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
It will still make ten figures unfortunately

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It'll probably make like 200 million internationally but Disney can just mumble the streaming numbers under their breath and the papers will say it did okay.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Disney doesn't even feel confident with this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the executives get some insurance package if a movie bombs or some bullshit like that.

This is both the plot of The Producers and most likely a real thing that happens even more often than it did when the original was made.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US military support for Iron Man helped Marvel finance it "independently." The success of Iron Man led to the Disney deal and helped set the stage for the whole MCU.

yea mcu is fascist propaganda for a dying empire, falcon and winter soldier was too on the nose in terms of lacking imagination in the department of a war free global society especially with the revelation of extraterrestrials like Kree~

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

eternals might straight up turn out rotten its right on the edge of fresh right on rotten tomatoes now with sixty two percent out of a hundred and one reviews and this is a week out from release with critics disney is relatively confident will eat up whatever slop they hand out

Yeah, if this is the best they can do with hand-picked critics then the score probably isn’t gonna get better from here.

Edit: already lower then Thor: the Dark World, generally agreed to be the MCU’s nadir. Buckle up, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride! :munch:

Edit^2: VVV oh my god, please let the MIC’s new pitch be “We need a strong military, because what if aliens invade?”

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Oct 29, 2021

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Lastgirl posted:

yea mcu is fascist propaganda for a dying empire, falcon and winter soldier was too on the nose in terms of lacking imagination in the department of a war free global society especially with the revelation of extraterrestrials like Kree~

Xpost from the UFO thread:

Very disappointed that they tipped their hand on disclosure being an op like this. Or I'm gonna be extremely wrong I guess.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/MKraidy/status/1453432931549159428

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

What did this say?

Review bombing imdb is the most fragile thing since chanting 'you will not replace us'.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

What did this say?

“I guess we’re pissing off the right people” or something similar, basically trying to gb2016 it by pretending all criticism of a project is inherently bigoted

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/UrsulaV/status/1453547237259235331?t=Wzb0BZU1M4ZL1Hu54DjDgQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

also on the subject of mcupol: the kree are very transparently iran, which is an extremely fun firecracker to point out whenever someone claims that captain marvel is pro-refugee or anti-interventionist