Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's going to be the munchkins again right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Make ding dong the witch is dead trend again, watch the entire country get a serious talking to.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

Make ding dong the witch is dead trend again, watch the entire country get a serious talking to.

are there any Irish rebel songs about how the queen in particular is a shitlord

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VstDOv0C1do

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i gotta say, i don't think she's going to die. because we are in hell, and good things don't happen in hell

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

redleader posted:

i gotta say, i don't think she's going to die. because we are in hell, and good things don't happen in hell

There is always more and it is always worse

I haven't checked the news yet but I assume I didn't wake up in a world where they've acknowledged her death yet. Shame

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

redleader posted:

Nah, they do, but just to make sure we don't forget how hellish the rest is.

It's like reverse Book of Job. Book of Boj*. If all you get is hell and torture it normalises; the shits in charge have to give us good stuff sometimes so the bad stuff hurts more.

(*bit on the loving nose there, synchronicity)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

whats the context for this

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1454504036359606290

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1454505768057806849?s=20

A very British murder

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the loving cry laugh emojis

you couldn't imagine a more british bunch of monsters

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
british squaddies are some of the worst people alive

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
So are they getting off or getting medals?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

John Charity Spring posted:

british squaddies are some of the worst people alive

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

so they’re not only murderers but also very stupid, boasting about it on fb

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
anybody have that sharpe clip handy of lord wellington saying something like "british soldiers are the worst of the worst, all criminals, absolute trash but the french have professional soldiers"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Wellington posted:

The French system of conscription brings together a fair sample of all classes; ours is composed of the scum of the earth — the mere scum of the earth.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
here's him saying it in the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x37TyxlPtsM&t=120s

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Another healthy reminder that the best accent you bunch have produced is Yorkshire's.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i was on the Sharpe Wikipedia page because of that and Bernard Cornwell is the most british man I've ever seen

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I can't take joy in the death of a British monarch. There's always another one. :sigh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the queen is actually on a royal sabbatical and is using her HGV license to drive for eddie stobart

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

redleader posted:

lol this isn't hell, there's thousands of ways it could be worse both on the macro level and the personal level

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

XMNN posted:

i was on the Sharpe Wikipedia page because of that and Bernard Cornwell is the most british man I've ever seen

WerbleIlltellyouhecameout BANG RIGHT UP THE ARSE bloodythingscaredme
I was very, very drunk

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/profdanhicks/status/1454779291850493955?s=20

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This isn't quite saying the quiet part loud, but it's definitely saying the quiet part in a normal conversational voice at a pub.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
But Britain was born from those dark ages. you're the stool that the roman empire left behind. so perplexed were the mud people that you thought the romans might be giants because how else could such things be built

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
when the roman empire fell* it was largely** the result of uncontrolled*** immigration****. the empire***** could no longer****** control****** its borders********, people came in*********...and Europe********** went into a dark ages *********** that lasted a very long time************

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
please note that conceptualization of europe does not include anything greece and beyond to the east, hint hint

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm not sure how far down the line you have to go to get prince andrew as king but it'd be funny if that happened somehow

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

After Charles, William, William's kids, Harry and his daughter. Harry would likely abdicate as well

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Is he asking us to stab him in the back?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

i'm not sure how far down the line you have to go to get prince andrew as king but it'd be funny if that happened somehow

Honestly think you'd see the end of the monarchy before he sat the throne.

And that's not because of public opinion shifting, it's because he's 9th in line and if it came down to him it'd probably mean that everyone's already dead.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Honestly think you'd see the end of the monarchy before he sat the throne.

And that's not because of public opinion shifting, it's because he's 9th in line and if it came down to him it'd probably mean that everyone's already dead.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Lets have a proper, old-fashioned succession is what I'm saying.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Yeah, the dark ages were totally the fault of colored people coming in and living next door to us.
And totally not the elites in their castles and torture chambers and fighting other elites in other castles by sending us to fight for them.
Remember, a Romanian may want to live next door to you! Be afraid!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the dark ages in the popular understanding that boris is using is almost 1:1 straight out of gibbons who has been largely discredited for at least what a hundred years. of course he's leaving out the part where gibbons blames it only partally on immigration, making sure to also clarify it was also buggery, catholics and jews. and a paper bag test for what counts as the roman empire. can't imagine why the british establishment still teaches it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CoolCab posted:

the dark ages in the popular understanding that boris is using is almost 1:1 straight out of gibbons who has been largely discredited for at least what a hundred years. of course he's leaving out the part where gibbons blames it only partally on immigration, making sure to also clarify it was also buggery, catholics and jews. and a paper bag test for what counts as the roman empire. can't imagine why the british establishment still teaches it.

The benefits of a classical education, everything you're taught is wrong but it's wrong in ways that show you're very posh.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Gonzo McFee posted:

The benefits of a classical education, everything you're taught is wrong but it's wrong in ways that show you're very posh.

:agesilaus: is named for a dude who came into the roman history thread with his classical education and was such a smug idiotic oval office that he got railroaded out, although not before clarifying that slavery was both justified and an objectively superior social order lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Wasn't one of the major factors the exact opposite of immigration, capital flight to constantinople?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Palladium posted:

whats the context for this

I forgot what thread I was in and got mad at the "france" comic and posted a picture of the united states withdrawing from afghanistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CoolCab posted:

:agesilaus: is named for a dude who came into the roman history thread with his classical education and was such a smug idiotic oval office that he got railroaded out, although not before clarifying that slavery was both justified and an objectively superior social order lmao

Has anybody asked if Boris Johnson has stairs in his house?