Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for Banning My Son From Trick or Treating for Framing our Dog?

quote:

Our dog has been trained to go outside. But lately, he has been going number two on the rug, in the same place, every day for a week. I find the same surprise when I’ve gotten home for seven days straight. However, when I got up to get a drink of water in the kitchen last night, I caught my 8-year-old son in the act squatting down and defecating on the kitchen floor.

I immediately told him to explain himself, and he said that he found my reaction to the dog’s surprises funny, and that he’d been the one defecating for the whole week. As punishment, he will not go trick or treating with me and his little sister tonight.

His little sister, who is six, thought that my brother was gross, but said that he would still go trick or treating. My wife agrees with her, and says that he shouldn’t have to stay home for Halloween for a second year in a row.

Yeah no, kid-shitter stays the gently caress home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Reminds me of the post where the dude says he took a poo poo in the cat's litter box and everyone thought the cat was sick.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

man, I hope he wasn't punishing the dog for each one. That dog must be confused as hell

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Ugh okay now this is gross but you should be able to tell that something is odd about these shits and that they are not your dogs ordinary shits.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Midnight Voyager posted:

man, I hope he wasn't punishing the dog for each one. That dog must be confused as hell

Yeah, the dog probably knew whose poop it was by smell and was absolutely baffled that the big monkeys couildn't tell.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

Reminds me of the post where the dude says he took a poo poo in the cat's litter box and everyone thought the cat was sick.

I think George Clooney literally did this as an on set prank. He would get up early for weeks to clean the litterbox on set or some poo poo and then took a poo poo in it

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for dumping my husband's dinner instead of re-heating it?

quote:

I'm a new mom of a 4 months old boy. I'm a stah so I take care of cleaning, making dinner and child care while my husband works at the gas station.

Lately he's been spending too much time in the bathroom and end up being late for dinner which is usually ready at 8pm everytime. He'd stay gone for over an hour and have me reheat his dinner for him after he complains from being on his feet all day. I didn't like that on top of taking care of the baby, cleaning, cooking that I have to wait for him and reheat his dinner for him. Here's a scary piece of info he doesn't know how to use the microwave properly and ended up causing several accidents that almost caused us our home in the past.

It all came to head last night. Dinner was ready at 8 but he was taking too long in the bathroom. I went to feed my son and my husband came back and sat in the kitchen asking me to come reheat his dinner while I was breastfeeding in the livingroom. I said No I was busy and he kept insisting. I told him to wait til I'm finished feeding our son but he complained about being hungry. I got so angry I said either wait or do it yourself but he kept calling me to do it. I told him if he ask one more time I'd dump his dinner in the trash but he insisted so I got up and walked into the kitchen, grabbed his plate and dumped the food right into the trashcan as he kept saying wtf?wtf?wtf?. He looked astonished then said I was crazy. I told him I was busy feeding our son and it wasn't my fault he didn't show up for dinner when it was hot. I said I was done waiting for him arm and leg to reheat his dinner for him. He said none of this justifies me throwing away his dinner and that it wasn't fair that he had no dinner after working all day and blamed me saying I needed to check myself and drop this passive agressibe attitude. He got up and we argued some more then he stormed off after calling me crazy again.

We haven't been talking since the incident occurred and I feel guilty for acting upon my frustation and anger and in the heat of the moment and think maybe I should apologize for making him go to bed hungry.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

What the heck did the kid do last year if carpet poo poo for a week results in a split judgement on trick or treating?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Ugh okay now this is gross but you should be able to tell that something is odd about these shits and that they are not your dogs ordinary shits.

Yeah, I feel like this is a story written by someone who has never actually seen dog poo poo. Or smelled it. I mean......what am I missing here?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's waiting hand and foot, something costs an arm and a leg. Also, throw out all this dude's meals from now on. Better yet, never make them.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

spouse posted:

What the heck did the kid do last year if carpet poo poo for a week results in a split judgement on trick or treating?
If the post is new, then last year was presumably Covid.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Motronic posted:

Yeah, I feel like this is a story written by someone who has never actually seen dog poo poo. Or smelled it. I mean......what am I missing here?

In fairness 'my son is getting up at night and making GBS threads on the floor' is probably not a scenario you would naturally move to without some direct evidence.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Alchenar posted:

In fairness 'my son is getting up at night and making GBS threads on the floor' is probably not a scenario you would naturally move to without some direct evidence.

Ugh.....yeah.......fair. But like.....it's obviously NOT dog poo poo. But I guess there is no other even close to rational answer.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I can think of one more thing she should be dumping

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Everyone mad at the kid for getting schwifty.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I developed a habit of pissing in the kitchen sink when’s I was a kid. It was only a matter of time before I poo poo in the crisper drawer.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cowslips Warren posted:

You have two babies. You can get rid of one and make your life easier. What do you do?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dazerbeams posted:

Obligatory request of the story where the woman was expected to allow all the male members of her fiancé’s family to inspect her hymen before the wedding.

There was also that post about the guy who discovered his fiancée's family tradition was that he had to take her mother out on a date that included a hotel stay but thankfully he didn't "have" to sleep with her.

BlancoNino posted:

I think George Clooney literally did this as an on set prank. He would get up early for weeks to clean the litterbox on set or some poo poo and then took a poo poo in it

IIRC the story was that Clooney pulled this prank on Richard Kind because they are friends and he had keys to Kind's apartment for some reason.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Dazerbeams posted:

Obligatory request of the story where the woman was expected to allow all the male members of her fiancé’s family to inspect her hymen before the wedding.

Seconded, if only out of sheer morbid curiosity.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Am there is absolutely nothing passive about what she did.

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
My (22f) fiance (25m) want his father to check my hymen tomorrow night before I get married.

quote:

My fiance proposed to me about 8 months ago. We decided on having a relatively small wedding which is in two days. Everything was going great. He seems absolutely perfect and we are very much in love.

I am a virgin and so is he, he wanted to save it for marriage and I wasn't fussed so I agreed to saving it. He has told me earlier that in his family the father checks the virginity of the bride the night before the wedding. I laughed this off as it seriously sounds like a massive joke. No turns out he was dead serious. He wants me, the night before to open my legs up in a small ceremony type thing so his dad can check me while him, his brothers and uncle can watch so that they know I am still 'pure'.

I told him fat chance I am going to do that and he was begging to me to go through with it and how important it is for him. He said he knew it was slightly embarrassing for me but his mom did and it will prove how much I love him and that I have nothing to hide anyway as I am still a virgin. I left and he was crying, it was very dramatic tbh.

I want to call off the whole wedding because of this and never talk to him again. But at the same time its only one thing and other then that we are genuinely perfect for each other and I dont want to spend my life with anyone else and it is very important to him and his family.

What the frick frack do I do. I am currently at my friends house and I might stay here for the night. tomorrow would be our last day as an unmarried couple and I am straight up panicking.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

pentyne posted:

My (22f) fiance (25m) want his father to check my hymen tomorrow night before I get married.

My god it’s worse than I imagined

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pentyne posted:

She's 22 so I assume she went ahead with it but I hope she didn't.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ah. So the update for that one involves domestic abuse. But the wedding is called off due to that and the molestation tradition, thankfully.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
AITA for refusing to follow my girlfriend’s weird family tradition?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for four years and engaged for one. Not too long after we had been dating she told me about her family tradition for marriages. She said that the boy must take the mother of the bride out on a date night, buy her a dress and something to sleep in, pay for everything and buy them a hotel to stay in. She said that it’s nothing to be worried or freaked out about and that getting the hotel doesn’t mean you have to sleep together (although a long time ago it did). I laughed a little bit and asked if she was serious. She said that she was. I had a hard time believing it but I didn’t care to discuss it anymore. We never really talked about it, until this past week. I had honestly pretty much forgot about it. My girlfriend and I have our wedding in less than a month. We were taking about wedding stuff and she asked me if I had picked out what her mom and I were going to do for our date night. I laughed it off and waited for her to move on. She didn’t, she looked confused as to why I was laughing. She insisted again that this was 100% serious and that she expected me to do it.

I told her that I didn’t feel comfortable with doing that. I didn’t want to spend a night alone in a hotel with someone who wasn’t my girlfriend or wife. I asked her why we would have to get a hotel. She explained that a long time ago the mother of the bride would actually sleep with the boy and that it was viewed as a way to kick off the marriage. I asked if she expected me to do that. She laughed and said of course not, but that she couldn’t be upset with me if it did happen. She then said that her mother doesn’t plan to actually do anything sexual. Still kinda freaked out by the whole concept, I asked if I could just buy the mom dinner. My girlfriend got more upset and asked me why I was refusing to follow a fun tradition. I simply said that I just don’t feel comfortable with it. She said that I’m acting like a stubborn kid and that I should just have fun. I insisted that I wouldn’t do the hotel part.

She left and went on to tell her family. They have all reached out to me and asked me what is wrong with me and why I’m being such a jerk about it. The mom called me and she actually was nice about it. She said that she thinks I’m a great guy and that while she would love to have a night together, she understands that I have a right to say no. She even said that she spoke to my girlfriend about it and told her that I have that right. Nonetheless my girlfriend is still upset with me.

I will mention as well that my girlfriend and her family are from a different culture so that is probably why I’m not accustomed to this. Am I the rear end in a top hat for being stubborn about continuing this tradition?

quote:

I think I’d be okay with sharing a bed is well. My only concern there is if we do have alcohol. Sleeping in a bed with someone attractive with alcohol in you’re system is never a smarty thing to do

quote:

I am sure we would be drinking alcohol that night. Even the most committed person with alcohol can be tempted and stuff. What if she did make the first move? Or what if I did

quote:

They’re Roma, but as a lot of other people have mentioned, I can’t find any thing about that culture doing that. It sounds like it’s either a family thing or just very rare

quote:

That’s not bad points. I actually do think I’d enjoy taking her on a night out. She’s really nice and fun to be around. I just have to figure out what to do about the hotel part. It may sounds weird, but the main reason I’m uncomfortable doing that is because she’s really attractive and I feel like I’d be tempted to do stuff.

Somehow, the idea of "just don't get drunk" never occurred to this OP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pentyne posted:

Right now, dude is thinking real horny but someone should point out his girlfriend is gonna have expectations if they have kids she'll get to gently caress the future in-law.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for refusing to cook for my husband after he threw away all the food I prepared for my family?

quote:

My husband (31M) and I have been married for few months. It was a long distance relationship and he only met my parents/family a handful of times. Usually when my family visit I cook their favorite meals for them and my husband does not like any of those meals and always complains about not finding something to eat despite me offering to include his favorite meals. He'd usually sit with them at the table out of politeness but only eats appetizers and salads and nothing else. My family noticed and asked about it and he said he doesn't like what was on the "menu". He also complains that I keep leftovers for days later and I don't cook til leftovers are consumed by me of course while he eats fast food.

My family planned to visit today. I prepared their favorite meals and all but they called in the morning and apologized for not being able to come due to family issues which is fine. Everything cooked was placed in the fridge. I told my husband and he wasn't thrilled and said "great now who's going to eat all that unwanted food". He asked when I'm going to cook and I said til the fridge is empty and there is no leftovers left. He made a face and blurted he won't eat fast food for the next few days as well.

Later I saw him taking the trash out which was earlier than usual but I didn't give it much attention til I went to grab milk from the fridge and saw all the containers that had the meals I cooked earlier empty completely except for one. I immediately confronted him and he said the food smelled "funny" and there was one container that smelled kinda fine and so he left it alone and threw everything else away. I blew up on him calling him nuts and unreasonable to throw away edible food and let it go to waste just because he wanted me to cook fresh meals that he likes. He argued that I shouldnt be cooking my family their favorite food everytime and should just have them eat what we usually eat and said that he was so tired of eating fast food til I'm ready to cook again. I told him I won't be cooking again after this stunt and that he needed to deal with it after throwing away money and energy I spent on the food he threw away. He said I can't blame him because my family chose to not come and that they were the ones who wasted my efforts. I refused to argue further after I said he could've told me so I could send the food to my family instead of throwing it away. He apologized but only for not asking me first but he still says I went overboard by saying I won't cook for him again.

He just left to meet his friends to vent and I'm still upset over what we both said to each other during the fight.

Edit, Ok I feel I should add that the food I cook is Asian. My family are from Asia originally while my husband is American.

I learned to cook his favorite meals but he never been open to try and cook by himself saying it's never gonna work and he'll never make a single decent dish. He said cooking just isn't his thing and called it lost cause.

oh, murder him

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

So for this one, I said it before and I'll say it again. What is more likely, that the Roma secretly have this one weird tradition that has never been exposed until this brave Euro found out about it, or some rear end in a top hat is making up poo poo about the Roma?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mom is using others' general ignorance of their culture to get some young D

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Just gently caress your MIL, OP! Goddddd, why are you ruining this for us I mean you!!?!? :gonk:

What would be amazing is if this is the most elaborate "test" and then he fails. Unbelievably good r/r post. :discourse:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Halloween Jack posted:

Jokerfied Amanda Waller.

That's more Kingpinified.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

pentyne posted:

Can anyone confirm if this is very normal in Euope Romani culture?
Is it just a weird character assassination?

e: whoop, efb

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 1, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Can anyone confirm if this is very normal in Euope Romani culture?
Is it just a weird character assassination?

The OP said in the comments he talked to other Romani people and they all told him it was extremely weird and not something they'd ever heard of.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

having the groom gently caress the mother in law just makes sense, since the bride will probably look something like that in a few decades, and it's better to know before the wedding if that's a dealbreaker

maybe if you were an engineer you'd appreciate the value of stress testing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barudak posted:

In my family and their extended circle of friends there are very specific mathematical rules for how many dishes/beverages/amount of soups/vegetarian dishes etc. to ensure literally everyone is taken care of appropriately*. If someone pulled the stunt mentioned in this story in my families hometown you could expect literally every single dinner involving that cousin until their tragic death as a never dated spinster would involve reminding them and their parents.

*Caliber of hosting situation has different rules, obv. Alcohol is basically the calculus to foods linear algebra and Im not doing a ted talk on those rules.

And that just reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide having a spaceship with a FTL drive powered by the Italian bistro it's built around, via extrapolating the strange and complex math used in dividing up the bill.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for leaving a family without childcare because the child called the police on me?

quote:

I’m (25F) currently studying for a doctoral degree, and work on the side. I’ve been babysitting for this family for 2 years now, because they both work full time and their children (Alice 4F and Ben 6M) only do half-days at school. I’m good with kids, Alice and Ben like me a lot and their parents always tell me how excited they get for the days I babysit.

The trouble is they recently had their nephew John, 15, to live with them as his parents were working in another city for a few weeks. Since he’s 15, I let him do his own thing and told him I wouldn’t breathe down his neck if he didn’t want me to. Unfortunately, his pastime is bullying his cousins. If it was playful, I’d not have intervened so much, but the kids are so young and he would dip Alice’s pigtails in paint, pants Ben in public etc. It got to a point that their parents told me it was fine to “punish” him as they had authority from his parents to do so.

So the next time he tried it and tried to put the poor girl’s hand in warm water during naptime, I told him he would have to go to his room and stay there. He refuses and gets loud, and after a while threatens to call the police for child endangerment, saying, the exact quote - “they’ll believe me over you”. I thought he was just mouthing off and just sent him upstairs. Half an hour later, the police are RAMMING at the door, and through the window I saw that the cop by the car had his weapon out. I started having a panic attack, and the kids woke crying. The officers were verbally aggressive to me, starting from when I opened the door the officer by the car had his weapon pointed at me. I was TERRIFIED at this point, and if it makes a difference - I’m a dark skinned Pakistani woman and the family was white.

The dispute DID get cleared in the end as even though the officers didn’t listen to me and kept barking at me to shut up, John casually admitted he was just “pranking me” because he “knew the police would scare me”. They scolded him lightly, but humiliatingly - one officer waited sat right next to me till the kids’ dad got home.

Of course, the family were furious at him, especially for giving the police my exact physical description even though I was… the only adult in the house. They grounded him and took away his stuff, etc.

But I was scared shitless at the incident, and told the family I could not look after A &B if John was there. As it stands, those poor kids were terrified of the police shouting in their living room - I offered to look after just them at my house. They immediately started to guilt trip me and say they could not afford to take time off, said I was an AH and threatened to fire me and not have me back post-John.

I know I left them in a tight spot and understand the younger kids did nothing wrong, but I cannot deal with that kid, and think his “prank” wasn’t childish but really malicious.

So, AITA?

EDIT: Sorry, just to add this as I think it’s unfair to them if I leave it out - the reason they said no to me taking their kids to my place is because nobody would be looking after John, and his parents don’t want that! I still maintain I’m qualified to look after young kids, not teenagers, so my point still remains of course!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for leaving a family without childcare because the child called the police on me?

Haha whats a little attempted murder between friends.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA if I give my boyfriend an ultimatum about being in a cult?

quote:

We have been together for three years and plan on getting married. He is the absolute love of my life. In June I found out he joined a cult/secret society group which horrifies me but he has assured me that it’s nothing to worry about and that he is in it out of interest and is not all that involved. Mostly what bothers me about it is that they promote false information about Ancient Egypt and other historical events and people. I’m going to write a children’s book about archeology and Egyptology which is sacred to me so him being supportive of this group feels like he does not care about my feelings or purpose since he continues to be a member despite me expressing this on several occasions and pouring my heart and soul out to him in a letter about it.

Two months ago he told me that he didn’t see himself being in it for much longer and I felt so relieved. However, last weekend I discovered that a month ago he ordered some long candles and holders which are the kind required to do the initiation ritual into this cult after three months of their studies which would line up with the time of him reaching that point. I’m trying not to assume the worst, but I really don’t think he’d have any other reason to buy candles like this. I’m horrified that he is more into the cult than he has told me and is lying to me about how much it means to him. I want to try to have an honest discussion with him this weekend and discover what’s going on. If push comes to shove, am I the rear end in a top hat if I decide to give him an ultimatum between being with me and being in this group?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
in the comments the OP reveals that her boyfriend is a white hotep. He also believes white people were made by the mad scientist Jaukub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm wondering if John's parents know about this attempted murder their son tried to commit. Of course it's possible they do and are fine with it, but maybe it's worth a shot to tell them why their relatives are going to have trouble finding people to watch over him while they're busy.