Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bungles are back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shoulda bet my house on the Jets, most obvious thing in the world.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

D-LINK posted:

He doesn't look any different than last season when he went into your home stadium and won

it looks worse to me

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Some of them remind me of Manning's last season returning from injury, and some of them are fine but not uh great.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer who was probably around what Roethlisberger is like now.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

go steelers

who needs a kicker anyway

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals..... loving SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2021/chiefs-failing-protect-mahomes

quote:

Let's focus on the pass-protection struggles. The biggest issue moving forward is Orlando Brown at left tackle. This is my third time writing about the Chiefs and the first game I thought Brown looked awful on the left side. When I revisited Kansas City two weeks ago I thought he looked much better. This week was a regression towards that Week 1 performance. It wasn't as bad as the opener, but there's certainly some cause for concern going forward.

The issue with Brown is he looks very uncomfortable in space, which is suboptimal for someone playing left tackle. Look at how quickly Brown (57) goes from pass-setting to scrambling and just hoping to run the defender by the quarterback. The problem with that is that NFL edge rushers are more athletic than Orlando Brown—maybe not in a pound-for-pound sense, but in a faster and more agile sense. When you turn pass protection into a chase game, "faster" and "more agile" are tough to overcome.

Brown isn't going to be able to chase these guys around and out-athlete them. He needs to be able to stick with his pass set and cut people off at the point. It cannot be one-and-a-half kick-steps and then turn and run. Again, these defensive ends can run faster than you. Too often when Brown is asked to kick out to wide rushers, the technique breaks down and you end up with scenes like the one above. The Chiefs need Brown to get more comfortable in space, and they need it quickly if they're going to turn the season around.

lmao who called it

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Cavauro posted:

steelers fans:

me
Time
D-LINK
Metapod

browns fans:

Flikken
rap
Bigass Moth
BrownThunder
Borsche69

Bengals fans:

Oberst
Eifert Posting
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Happy Noodle Boy
sweet thursday

Ravens fans:

Kawalimus
Sour Diesel
Ghost Dog
a patagonian cavy
Ches Neckbeard
sharknado slashfic
The Puppy Bowl
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Chris James 2
Coolwhoami
Gatts
thrilla in vanilla
No Irish Need Imply
Dom is Here
chamois
indigi
Mystic Stylez
Despera
Doltos
Smiling Mandrill
AndrewP
Doctor Butts

never heard of any of these people. the only ravens fan here that i know of is steelangel2k

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 1, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry i forgot to add you to my new updated list. in the next update in 2 years i'll fix it. the big four afc north qbs have been sacked 77 times

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Can "babyhands" Burrow really be considered a big qb?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when his balls are tipped your mouth goes zipped

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Can "babyhands" Burrow really be considered a big qb?

It’s not the size of the hands, it’s how you use them or that’s what I hear Joe Burrow was told.

Casual Male XL Fan
May 26, 2008

baker mayfield is playing in an effeminate manner this season and it’s really bringing the team down

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
He needs to stop his gossiping and book clubs with Cleveland house fraus and focus on not tearing his shoulder labrum imo

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
Evil wizard Mike Tomlin, disgusted by Ben Rapistbergers lackluster performance, sacrifices his kicker to the blood good for the win.

Meanwhile Joe Flacco are still helping the ravens by not playing.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Football coaches do seem like they'd be big into Khorne. ACLs for the ACL throne.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Browns were going to start shooting Ravens in the street there are higher value targets than Malik Harrison.

turtlehead
Jan 26, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If the Browns were going to start shooting Ravens in the street there are higher value targets than Malik Harrison.

It is the browns, though, maybe they were aiming higher

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didn't realize Brandon Williams had been around for so long. From what I've read he's been bad this year. Maybe it's time to find another Haloti.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Nobody notices d linemen until they start looking for scapegoats

B Willy is legit and super strong and I’ve loved him since seeing his giant rear end do handstands in college

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Baker should consider this a Lost Season and just heal up instead of slowly crumbling himself to dust

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

rap music posted:

Nobody notices d linemen until they start looking for scapegoats

B Willy is legit and super strong and I’ve loved him since seeing his giant rear end do handstands in college

Yeah hes been very good but this year hes been one of our worst defenders and may need to be replaced going forward.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's also 13 mil on the cap. At this point he's playing at about replacement level so getting a competent rookie in his slot is a great economic move for next year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to make a trade today and also win the super bowl

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

don't know about the trade part but winning the super bowl looks solid

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
if the ravens do not consummate a trade today, they may never win a super bowl again. the curse of sharknado

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Obj is a fraud and a bad poster

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1456061892632485890

You can tell Marlon went to Alabama sometimes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

if he played corner like he tweeted, he would not be a good corner

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I thought about Amos Zereoue at like 4am last night

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just realized Marlo's profile pic is an NFT

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

We wouldve had a better chance to win the divisional playoff game if Bettis had started and not him.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AndrewP posted:

I just realized Marlo's profile pic is an NFT

A depressing number of athletes have them at this point BUT it seems like the grift only targets tech bros with more money than sense so I can’t get too worked up about it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

lmao

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
So nice of Karen Rodgers to get the browns off the hook for that odell thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005