Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

So I just lost a game due to the NFL changing an assist to a tackle.

The number of stat corrections involving defensive players makes me never want to play in an IDP league.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Redraft PPR I have DKM on a bye and other WRs out injured, who do I pick up out of the following?
Jamal Agnew vs Buf
Allen Lazard @ KC
Tajae Sharpe @ NO
Zach Pascal vs NYJ (tonight)
KJ Osborn @ BAL
Cedrick Wilson vs DEN
Laviska vs Buf
Nico Collins @ MIA
Gabriel Davis vs JAX

There is a huge list of nobodies and those are just guys that look most appelaing to me. Hardman, Quez Watkins, Amon-Ra, Reagor, the list of available fantasty most-irrelevants goes on. Sigh.

I just found out I won a game due to an unknown stat correction. Went from losing two games by less than a point this week to being one and one.

That's a lot of woof and I'd probably end up with Lazard out of that just because Davante is still out (I think?) and the KC defense is baby soft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

The number of stat corrections involving defensive players makes me never want to play in an IDP league.

That's a lot of woof and I'd probably end up with Lazard out of that just because Davante is still out (I think?) and the KC defense is baby soft.
Yeah its bad and I feel bad. I guess I have to cut Phillip Lindsay or Derrick Gore but I'm already starting 3 RBs and those two fringe at best so here I come Lazard I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs defense is showing some life at least against rushing now that young linebackers Gay and Bolton are playing and Chris Jones is moving back to DT so that a DE they just picked up (Ingram) can actually set the edge and that could mean some better numbers, again just against the rush.

They held Henry to 80 yards which isn't, you know, fantastic but also could have been a poo poo ton worse

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Fantasy sites try to grab IDP stats realtime during games, but the fact is the NFL just doesn't actually provide official stats until later. So what you see until those corrections come out are a first-past guesstimate. Then the stats nerds pore over the tape and make updates. Things like tackles/assists are especially difficult to get right realtime.

e. (This is actually done by Elias Sports Bureau, so the NFL doesn't even handle it directly.)

I know this is annoying, because it feels bad when a stat correction takes points off your score: but it's better to look at it as, you never had those points to begin with. It's just a fact of playing with IDP. And about half the time, stat corrections go your way anyway, since they're basically random.

In conclusion, IDP is cool and good.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I need a QB in case Kyler misses this game, should I go with Tyrod or Jordan Love? Neither option is great, Tyrod seems less risky.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Vargo posted:

I need a QB in case Kyler misses this game, should I go with Tyrod or Jordan Love? Neither option is great, Tyrod seems less risky.

I have basically this same choice and I'm going Tyrod. If GB was at home I'd consider Love but I don't like a guy making his first start in that stadium with that noise.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Fantasy sites try to grab IDP stats realtime during games, but the fact is the NFL just doesn't actually provide official stats until later. So what you see until those corrections come out are a first-past guesstimate. Then the stats nerds pore over the tape and make updates. Things like tackles/assists are especially difficult to get right realtime.

e. (This is actually done by Elias Sports Bureau, so the NFL doesn't even handle it directly.)

I know this is annoying, because it feels bad when a stat correction takes points off your score: but it's better to look at it as, you never had those points to begin with. It's just a fact of playing with IDP. And about half the time, stat corrections go your way anyway, since they're basically random.

:hai:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hurts is my QB1 and I'm comically toying around with the idea of starting Love over him.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Need some dynasty advice. Year one of a new league with lots of first timers to dynasty (myself included). Someone put scary Terry on the block while looking for a QB upgrade to make a potential title run.

12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 SFLX, 1QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE

My roster:
QB - Herbert, Stafford, Teddy
RB - Chubb, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, Drake, Hines, Lindsey, J. Patterson, Cohen (PUP)
WR - Arob (gently caress), Jeudy, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Callaway, Slayton, Gallup (IR)
TE - Gesicki, Cook

Auction draft didn’t go great. I think I have some upside young guys for next year in Javonte, Jeudy, Gallup (probs with a new team) and Moore.

His roster:
QB - Tua, Russ (IR), Keenum, McCoy, Lock
RB - J. Taylor, J. Robinson, Darrel Williams; Singletary, Snell
WR - Jefferson, Scary Terry, Sutton, Landry, C. Patterson, R. Bateman, G. Davis
TE - Gronk, Kmet, Alie-Cox

He’s interested in Stafford and I need a good WR, so McLauren makes sense for me. He said he’d go for a straight up swap and throw in Lock, which doesn’t do anything for me personally.

I was thinking of countering with something along the lines of give Stafford and ARob, get Tua & Terry. I have all my picks for the next years. This years will probably be top 3. I don’t love any of the QB prospects in the draft as now. Just looking for some outside opinion and perspective in my roster outlook and a potential trade.

Game-Blouses fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 4, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Hurts is my QB1 and I'm comically toying around with the idea of starting Love over him.

They're the same guy. It's like dancing with your twin to legendary rock ballad Love Hurts

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Last week was the only week Hurts didn’t break 20 and it’s because the Lions are historically bad, I’m ride or die on Hurts

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Game-Blouses posted:

Need some dynasty advice. Year one of a new league with lots of first timers to dynasty (myself included). Someone put scary Terry on the block while looking for a QB upgrade to make a potential title run.

12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 SFLX, 1QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE

My roster:
QB - Herbert, Stafford, Teddy
RB - Chubb, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, Drake, Hines, Lindsey, J. Patterson, Cohen (PUP)
WR - Arob (gently caress), Jeudy, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Callaway, Slayton, Gallup (IR)
TE - Gesicki, Cook

Auction draft didn’t go great. I think I have some upside young guys for next year in Javonte, Jeudy, Gallup (probs with a new team) and Moore.

His roster:
QB - Tua, Russ (IR), Keenum, McCoy, Lock
RB - J. Taylor, J. Robinson, Darrel Williams; Singletary, Snell
WR - Jefferson, Scary Terry, Sutton, Landry, C. Patterson, R. Bateman, G. Davis
TE - Gronk, Kmet, Alie-Cox

He’s interested in Stafford and I need a good WR, so McLauren makes sense for me. He said he’d go for a straight up swap and throw in Lock, which doesn’t do anything for me personally.

I was thinking of countering with something along the lines of give Stafford and ARob, get Tua & Terry. I have all my picks for the next years. This years will probably be top 3. I don’t love any of the QB prospects in the draft as now. Just looking for some outside opinion and perspective in my roster outlook and a potential trade.

If you can get Tua back as part of it and think he's going to be fantasy usable long term, that's not a terrible deal, but you don't really have the QB depth to be giving up Stafford. You might be better served trying to move Chubb for a top tier WR+ and then targeting RB with your early 1st next draft.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts was QB2 before last week. I don’t know what he is now, but benching Hurts for Jordan loving Love is insane. With how this season has been you don’t bench Hurts until the Eagles do. And they might.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

Hurts was QB2 before last week. I don’t know what he is now, but benching Hurts for Jordan loving Love is insane. With how this season has been you don’t bench Hurts until the Eagles do. And they might.
I, for one, cannot wait for the return of the stache.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hell same.

That reminds me, FedEx supposedly delivered my Gardner Minshew jersey today I gotta check the front porch.

Edit: Anyone in the the Tim Tebow TE Transformation league with me already knows but... I was not joking.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 5, 2021

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

sourdough posted:

If you can get Tua back as part of it and think he's going to be fantasy usable long term, that's not a terrible deal, but you don't really have the QB depth to be giving up Stafford. You might be better served trying to move Chubb for a top tier WR+ and then targeting RB with your early 1st next draft.

I appreciate the insight. I tend to agree that my depth at QB nosedives next year if I pull the trigger. I’m not overly high on Tua, so I think that answers that part!

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Feels like he'd be really good for Smith since he might throw for more than 200 yards consistently.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Game-Blouses posted:

I appreciate the insight. I tend to agree that my depth at QB nosedives next year if I pull the trigger. I’m not overly high on Tua, so I think that answers that part!

Tank for Tua was a thing. I dont believe Tua is the problem, there are a dozen other positions of need imo.

The smart move would be to spend the limited draft capital they have on Offensive and Defensive linemen. And Receivers. And cornerbacks. Maybe an off the ball LB. And a running back in the later rounds.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Tank for Tua was a thing. I dont believe Tua is the problem, there are a dozen other positions of need imo.

The smart move would be to spend the limited draft capital they have on Offensive and Defensive linemen. And Receivers. And cornerbacks. Maybe an off the ball LB. And a running back in the later rounds.

Yea, but have you thought about spending that draft capital on a Watson.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Hell same.

That reminds me, FedEx supposedly delivered my Gardner Minshew jersey today I gotta check the front porch.

Edit: Anyone in the the Tim Tebow TE Transformation league with me already knows but... I was not joking.

:swoon:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Yea, but have you thought about spending that draft capital on a Watson.

Don't the Eagles own a top3 pick now thanks to Miami?

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Don't the Eagles own a top3 pick now thanks to Miami?

Yep. 10 in top 3 assuming the Wentz pick conveys, with Miami’s being the lowest (lol)!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

dkj posted:

I’m just about last place in a throwaway league. Would be a pure comedy choice. Or Mike White.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
My thanks to Aaron Rodgers. Had he not hosed up, I would have started him instead of Caron Wentz.

Mr. Wentz is making me proud! Atta boy!

EDIT: And a bonus shoutout to the Jets for being the physical shits!

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 5, 2021

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Rodgers got covid so I passed over Wentz to pick up Love. Not even mad, knew this would happen.

Ride or die Love 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Also started Wentz for Brady's bye :hfive:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg posted:

With Henry dead my RB options are now James Conner, Mike Davis, and JD McKissic. Guess I gotta make a trade.

Do I trade Antonio Brown and receive Zack Moss?

It's 1 PPR, we start 3 WRs and a flex

My team would be:
QB: Stafford
WR: J. Jefferson, K. Allen, Renfrow, AJ Green, Toney, K. Raymond, Odell (lol hope he gets cut soon and is useful elsewhere)
RB: Moss, Conner, Davis, McKissic
IR: Henry

He also has Chubb, Edmonds, and Carter. Would you counter with anything more for one of those guys?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chernabog posted:

Also started Wentz for Brady's bye :hfive:

Same. Wentz has been surprisingly good this year, he was an easy pick up last week to cover for Dak or this week for Brady.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I sat nyheim hines, dangit (starting darrel williams over him, which is very unlikely to work out)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Was stuck at work and forgot to take out bye week
Wentz. That could've gone way worse...

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Serious question, what would you trade for Odell in dynasty at this moment?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Does anyone know what the actual rules are for what constitutes like a tackle vs. half a tackle or a sack vs. half a sack? Can one play add up to more than one tackle or sack? (Like can 3 players all get half a tackle?)

I've always wondered about that.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ty1990 posted:

Try for a 3rd? Wouldn't hate a 2nd if you're a contending team and you're convinced the change of scenery will bring him back to life a little.

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 5, 2021

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ty1990 posted:

Absolutely nothing. Sure Odell is good and had one cool catch like six fuckin years ago but ever since then everyone expects him to be this huge league-winning WR1, it's comparable to Josh Gordon at this point. I wouldn't spend a dime of FAAB or trade value for him until he proves me wrong.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gonna play both Dak and CeeDee this week and regret it because they both have minor injuries and the Cowboys will probably just run the ball 50 times, but it's not like I'm gonna stream a QB or play like... Bryan Edwards so :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

Absolutely nothing, he is worthless.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Whoreson Welles posted:

Absolutely nothing. Sure Odell is good and had one cool catch like six fuckin years ago but ever since then everyone expects him to be this huge league-winning WR1, it's comparable to Josh Gordon at this point. I wouldn't spend a dime of FAAB or trade value for him until he proves me wrong.

I mean, there's a pretty big gulf between spending like he's a league-winning WR1 and not spending a dime.

He had a lot more than one good catch, he was visibly better than everyone else on the field his first couple years. I'd definitely find a spot for him in a dynasty league. I think a 3rd sounds about right.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beckham's 2019 scores made him "startable" but also lots of bad weeks mixed in with a few good ones. These are his scores in our league, which for WRs is basically .5 PPR standard:

The really standout statistic there is the lack of touchdowns.

If you consider the quality of QBs he's had in Cleveland, I think that means he's not totally worthless: but in non-dynasty, he's absolutely not worth trading for. In dynasty, well, maybe a stash, which is where I'm at with him on my roster.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/AndrewErickson_/status/1456588645956194307

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Could also be he's running routes like poo poo and wouldn't do any better under a different QB. I think in any case he's demonstrated enough volatility that I'd stay away.