Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im being a dumbo in Undernauts. How do I get the Yazaken for the guy in the swamp?

Edit: Oh god laffo he wanted the portable music player

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei posted:

I really loved Gin, he's such an improvement on Sweet-P in every way possible, they treat him with respect and I'm even told that his 'experience' is common with regards to NB stuff. <- CE2 party member and CE1 villain spoilers

Not that I don't like Gin, but I thought Sweet-P was generally treated pretty respectfully? It's been awhile though.

The writing isn't perfect but it's generally solid enough I really really hope they take another look at the gameplay if there's a CE3. It's the only thing holding it back from me being able to really recommend it to people.

even like, a fast forward for combat animations would make a huge difference. I feel like there's a workable idea in the gameplay if they make things harder then drop the number of fights to maybe a third of what there is now, so that you need to engage with the systems a bit more.

Also make the forecast more reliable so you can actually do something other than play it safe to avoid completely wasting your time idk.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 5, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's some clunky stuff in the hot springs dungeon but like. the resolution to sweet-p even if you don't do musicians side stuff is literally just her and the party peacing out and promising to meet up and hang out some time when she's more comfortable with herself. people really overstate the problems with her writing, she starts out spiteful and hostile and the party are kinda lovely to her but as a person she's meant to be fairly empathetic while the party itself at that point in the game consists of depressed loners with zero social skills and a literal child, it's not exactly written with finesse and i think the stuff with the princesses gets kinda stupid but caligula isn't really written like you're meant to agree with how lovely they can be

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Fair enough, it's been a while so I might just be hyperfocusing on the whole "You're probably a gross sweaty fat loser IRL!" stuff Mifue says during the confrontation And Mifue clearly is not coming from a healthy place from her own problems

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the entire party is kinda lovely to her at the start but like, the entire party consists of weird social outcasts who hate themselves and a kid who's too young to even really get what sweet p's deal actually is. in the context of the wider game basically nobody in that chapter is supposed to be coming from an actual position where you could see them as superior or in the right, it's just that caligula backloads a lot of that stuff

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Amppelix posted:

They made 7 of those, isn't that enough

no!!!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Undernauts major flaw is the DRPG issue of "if the game rolls that its gonna have a boss do all its attacks against one character you're gonna have a bad time"

Other than that I'm enjoying the hell out of it even if I went off an fully explored a bunch of stuff way higher level than Im supposed to be to loot gear because hell yeah only to find out there are, eventually, hard checks to prevent you from going fully out of order. This isn't a negative, I like that it makes sure eventually you do have to get everything and follow a structured path but can dip out to yoink some stuff early.

God I hope this game sold well

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Come play Caligula Effect 2 with us, we have:

-Tired MC
-Gremlin AI
-The Cool Guy
-Ditzy Team Grandma
-Samurai Delinquent Girl
-Mr. Rules R Kuul
-Emo Horndog
-A Literal Angel
-The embodiment of One Punch Man "Sassy lost child" meme
-Adorably Quirky Lil' Sis

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This but also more jRPG Yakuza please. I want the best of both worlds.

I guess we kind of have that with Judgment but maybe stop tying the protagonists likeness to people whose publicity is handled by a crazy over-protective talent agency so I can get it on PC god dammit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

exquisite tea posted:

Is anyone looking forward to Blue Reflection: Second Light next week? Not my usual kind of JRPG but I really loved the soundtrack to the first game. Sadly I never ended up buying it due to kinda middling reviews + never going on sale, but if the sequel can pick things up a little then I might end up checking it out.

Abso-loving-lutely. This one's been on my radar ever since it popped up and baffled me with how it could possibly be getting a sequel.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Looper posted:

the builds are pretty shallow, characters gain new skills as they level up and you can have four equipped at a time. they also gain passive abilities, like the hero recovers a little hp at the end of each battle. numbers are all very low, which is nice, though annoyingly the damage formulas are still a little unclear. different characters also attack in different ways, like your monster buddy does big single hits but the hero makes multiple weaker slices. if you want to explore you will probably end up overleveled

your party isn't like, constantly chatting, but i like them. the hero is a greedy butthead whose only friend is a mute monster. said monster is incredibly chill. they're joined by a mage who is perpetually exasperated by the hero but hates dragons enough to put up with him. the archer is an idiot who loves music but sucks at it and cannot stop getting scammed. she's joining up because her terrible flute playing attracts monsters to her house one night, who accidentally set it on fire. only it's not her house, she's renting, and her landlord cheerfully lets her know she doesn't have fire insurance before handing her a bill. you're also constantly antagonized by the very competent, very beloved, and very haughty party from the demo. everyone is competing to slay a dragon, and the payday is expected to be quite something

it seems like it's probably a fairly short game, i'm in chapter 3 of 7(?). the random map events are fun (a la etrian odyssey, and other stuff i haven't played i'm sure), the art and music are lovely. it's a low key experience certainly, but between this and dungeon encounters, i hope square keeps putting out neat smaller scale rpg projects

Thanks, sounds interesting enough that I'll keep an eye out for it on sale!

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

Undernauts major flaw is the DRPG issue of "if the game rolls that its gonna have a boss do all its attacks against one character you're gonna have a bad time"

Right! It's even worse when you have your Bulwark set to defend them and you keep seeing them fail to do so.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Junpei posted:

Come play Caligula Effect 2 with us, we have:

-Tired MC
-Gremlin AI
-The Cool Guy
-Ditzy Team Grandma
-Samurai Delinquent Girl
-Mr. Rules R Kuul
-Emo Horndog
-A Literal Angel
-The embodiment of One Punch Man "Sassy lost child" meme
-Adorably Quirky Lil' Sis
I started playing it tonight, as it happens.

It's still early days, but I'm already prepared to say that this new trick of projecting the song lyrics onto the arena walls is just about the coolest poo poo I've ever seen.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Barudak posted:

God I hope this game sold well

I want Undernauts, but not enough that I want to pay A$ 85, especially with Shin Megami Tensei V just around the corner.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

Fair enough, it's been a while so I might just be hyperfocusing on the whole "You're probably a gross sweaty fat loser IRL!" stuff Mifue says during the confrontation And Mifue clearly is not coming from a healthy place from her own problems
i mean honestly the cast being kinda lovely and that insult actually being on target is way more interesting than how most games handle trans stuff. sweet-p isn't exactly written with a deft hand but she's got way more to do with irl trans issues than a lot of 'good representation.'

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alard posted:

Right! It's even worse when you have your Bulwark set to defend them and you keep seeing them fail to do so.

Yelling at my bulwark is 90% of the playthrough. Maybe I should have gone ninja instead

Purple monster in cathedral basement -> party destroying abomination
Boss of the cathedral -> mash autobattle and win

Also funneling absolutely all my skill points into sorceror feels like the right move because he's doing north of 1000 damage to all enemies every single turn when my next most powerful move is hitting for like 400. Thank you free form respecs.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 5, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like ultimately sweet-p is in fact fat irl, lives with her parents at like 33, has never once presented as a woman offline or taken any kind of hrt or anything, could not pass for a woman on her best day outside the hatsune miku land everyone is forced into. and the game has some weird bits with her but never really undermines her desire to present as female or id as a woman, it just portrays how even people who are otherwise decent might react to her existence as a concept. and she's bitter and lovely, but the resolution of her story is her realizing that there is a path forward for her, even if it isn't perfect or what she wishes it was. the cast don't have some big come to jesus moment, outside maybe the protag if you do sweet-p's focus stuff, but they do seem to accept her by the end.

im not saying caligula effect is a coda for lgbt rights and it really puts its foot in its mouth in places, but i think that's a very unique and brave thing to put in a video game that could probably be really valuable for some people. even with all its flaws, i wish there was more stuff like it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

5 days remaining until Final Fantasy 5 releases.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cheap Trick posted:

I want Undernauts, but not enough that I want to pay A$ 85, especially with Shin Megami Tensei V just around the corner.

As of when I did looked this morning they had the same review score. Now, granted, one of these had 40 reviews and the other 2 but hey, thats just science.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

And both SMT5 reviews compare it to Persona 5 if I understand the nerd outrage correctly. :v:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I must've hit my head harder than I thought.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Amppelix posted:

They made 7 of those, isn't that enough
Isn't it like, 8 or 9 since there were a couple of non-numbered spinoffs?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

11 if you don't include Dead Souls, the original versions of 1&2 as separate games or the PSP spin-offs

E: sorry 12, I forgot the FotNS game

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 5, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dead souls had a brawler section! it totally counts.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Sure wish I had a Steam Deck, as this isn't coming to the Switch for the foreseeable future. Playing the classics on a handheld device just feels right.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dead souls had a brawler section! it totally counts.
Oh I was not aware Dead Souls had majorly different gameplay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was primarily gun focused which was unfortunate as it seemed like it was designed by someone who had never played a third person shooter and also thought having three hands was normal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It was primarily gun focused which was unfortunate as it seemed like it was designed by someone who had never played a third person shooter and also thought having three hands was normal.

Glad to see the N64 controller designer kept getting work

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dead Souls was basically an extremely janky prototype for what eventually became Binary Domain. Except the failure of Dead Souls almost caused the Yakuza series to die in the west because Sega had stupidly high expectations of a bad spinoff game doing better than the main series. It's why Yakuza 5 took so long to be localized and was initially digital only on a dead console to begin with.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Undernauts has teeny bits of jank throughout but nothing bad. I discovered if you have an amount of an item and the game would give you enough that it pushes your tally of that item over 99 l, it will display 99 but is still tracking the number of the item you have correctly (to 3 digits at least).

On a related note the treasure maps got a whole load of doors in them.

Really liking this game, its a real good one.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Astria Ascending: The Return of Gimmick, Part III

Since Barudak is busy playing a game he actually likes, I've decided to delve further into AA.

My adventures in 2D-Space have gotten ever more ridiculous, and this time I even have some negative points to speak about :

1.) Item drops.

Enemies can have up to 6+ different items, and if you want something specific, going for an enemy with a full list of commons clogging things up is a trap. First, you need to get into a fight with that enemy. Then, the game rolls for each enemy to decide if you even get a drop. (And man, AA is kind of stingy with item chances.) Then, the game rolls to see which item you get, and if it's a rare or not.

In one case I got stuck until I realized I only had a 1:6 chance of getting the item I was trying to get. I did get some stat orbs to drop because this region I was farming in had ridiculous amounts of enemies with stat orbs as common drops.

In fact, in stead of relying on drops it's a lot less annoying to get your thief the skills Stealing=100% and More Rare Stuff asap. It gets even better: The game uses separate drop lists for stealing and killing, and the steal lists are just item1: common and item2: rare. So if an enemy has something you want to steal, you have really high chances of getting what you want.

By the way, the rats and some of the insects in the very first dungeon have stealable stat orbs. And some random wizard guy in the Aries-temple carries really expensive stun-block equipment for you to steal.

In conclusion, as long as you don't need to (iron ore! :argh: ), never try to farm specific items, it's a nightmare you don't need. But a prepared thief can make you rich and swimming in stat upgrade items in no time. That's some balance, Astria. :shepface:

2.) Upgrades

Speaking of stat orbs, while the upgrade-trees of your classes look really fancy with nodes which are also stars in a starsign, it also has a lot of traps for the unwary. If you look closely, you'll soon notice a lot of the stat upgrade nodes in the early parts of your trees are stuff like +1 main stat and +10 HP/MP. Later in the tree you get up to ridiculous +14 main stat, +280 HP/MP nodes and then you'll regret placing all those early game orbs. (And no, you can't take placed orbs back, sadly. I've tried.)

I see what the devs intended here: They wanted you to start small and later grow up to take the big boosts, but since you can freely choose where to go and stat orbs are such a hard-to-get resource, they instead created a system where you get punished for blindly placing stat orbs, and rewarded for planning your way through the tree so extreme, it borders on cheating. Like, player one places orbs to gain +1 defense, +2 magic defense, and then +10 HP, +20 MP. Player 2 just banks orbs and gains some important skills instead, then places +8 defense, +10 m-def, +200 HP, +130 MP orbs. Wanna guess which character will be a lot better?????

The system is kind of based on good ideas, but the gains from stat nodes are so wildly different, and better nodes so easy to get if you plan your way from the start, it just destroys all balance. If you just play normally, you'll create vastly inferior characters, while a min-maxed plan creates insane powerhouses. That's some balance, game.

3.) Technical issues.

While the game (on my Switch, portable mode) runs smoothly during combat and exploration, it chugs and lags in the menus. Like, there's a large input-lag on everything, like the game has trouble loading up some basic statistics, it's weird. Looking at and managing skills is the worst, the game just freezes for up to a couple seconds when you select a different character in the skill-menu. Always gives me nearly a heartattack before the game just equally suddenly loads the new character and resumes like nothing happened.

Overall it's a minor issue, but I really like to know how you can gently caress up programming so badly it's the menus that force your game to the knees. I can blast screen-filling skills all day long and even dozens of enemies on the field won't keep every ones' animations from running smoothly, but equipping a passive skill??? That'll need at least a PS7 to process. Odd.

Another technical issue: Your weapons are actually just flat pieces of cardboard. Most of the time the programmers remembered to not show your weapons from certain angles to hide this, sometimes they forgot. Give Ulan a huge axe and you'll see. You'll see and you'll laugh. Was modelling a full-3D model really that hard, guys? Or at least work harder at not having your characters twirl their flat 2D-images of a sword around the wrong axis, yeesh.

I guess I found the reason why the combat engine runs so smoothly. :allears:

Ok, that's the bad part, now the fun part: Party compositions!

8 Clowns Enter, Zero Monsters Leave

15 hours and 6 chapters in, I know have a fairly good grasp on what to expect from each character, and while only 4/8 have their main classes unlocked, the others are already planned and just waiting for their heraldic emblem to drop.

This is my party composition, with some comments on why I chose a certain class:

a) Ulan: Axe Cop.

Ulan starts fairly strong, with some protection and healing skills. All her upgrade-options are classes that either concentrate on healing, or smashing. Ironically giving her a huge axe gives her a bunch of healing and resistance-abilities, so she's now officialy the party paladin. I mean, even more than before. As long as enemies don't have physical resistances, and as long as you aren't playing on anything higher than easy (you shouldn't, by the way, just pretend normal is actually hard and the devs made an error labeling the difficulties), her wave motion attack just deletes all enemies at once, or clears out all stragglers. She remains party leader in most situations.

b) Alec: Is Guts.

Alec starts as a soldier with lots of damage-related skills and not much healing or support. Your basic D&D fighter. Of course after reinforcing his strengths, making him a black mage would have been funny, but also kind of dumb. He became a warrior, and gained the ability to swing a gigantic two-handed sword. Meanwhile in story he revealed that he is madly in love with our Goddess. Welp, I can't foresee any repercussions that could come from that. Not a single one.

Anyway, right now Alec is like Ulan, just with all healing abilities replaced with MORE KILLING. That guy has even his own version of Wave, but it costs a lot more and hits a lot more. This guy is now a walking nuke. His only drawback: Enemies who resist, block or absorb physical damage make him really sad. He can't even spend turns healing someone if those chumps show up, so be glad you have a lot of extra party options while Alec is forced to sit this one out and sulk in his corner.

c) Kress: Gimmick Knight.

I haven't really decided which main class Kress should get, just probably not another Guts, that would be too martial. Kress is a hard choice because her weird gimmick is skills that hit double: First physical, then a second time with magic damage of a specific element. Kress is the weird one out from the main physical characters: She can really, really hurt someone if they don't have physical resistance and her bypassing magical damage can make a lot of bullshit-enemies of the "ha ha, swords don't hurt me, (please don't look at my HP-totals)"-class really unhappy.

On the other hand, if an enemy absorbs physical damage she gets to join Alec in his sulking corner, as that of course negates the damage of the second hit and makes her skills useless.

Kress is kind of odd, conceptually: Since there are so goddamn many different elements, you need to invest into a lot of skills to prevent getting caught off guard if you encounter that one dumb enemy that's only weak against pastries, but uh oh you just spend all your last skill points on getting the pizza-skill. Obviously, if you invest enough, you eventually reach a point where Kress can potentially drop 20k+ damage and kill everything not a boss in one hit. It just takes a while to get there.

At the very end, your skills hit with the magic damage of the highest-tier spells and can proc a second hit with 25% chance. If all that damage goes into a weakness and is powered by concentration points, that's a world of hurt. Right now Kress comes out if there are annoying gimmick enemies with not enough physical resistances to stop her magic damage from kicking their asses, but has to be used carefully or you accidentally whiff a turn if you do dumb poo poo like hitting a physical-absorbing enemy. (800 healed! 800 magic damage! Oh wait, that's zero damage. :shepface: )

d) Eko: The White Mage

Eko is the easiest. He learns healing and light spells, and a lot of other magical crap like a passive skill to reduce MP-usage. Also his entire personality screams "WHITE MAGE!" at me, so when I'm getting around to it, that'll be his main class. Right now I'm using him as healer if there are enemies around with a weakness against light magic, or if his level drops behind the others.

Me slowly tinkering with Eko to get a better healer really backfired in that one dungeon adventure where Eko gets abducted for a while but luckily Eko is not the only healer-character. :v:

e) Alassa: Master of Space and Time

Alassa can summon huge monsters, drop neutral spells and heal. She's Eko with less HP and MP, due to a lack of easily reachable stat nodes. Since my Eko is slated to be main healer, Alassa gets to try Chronomancer. I have no idea what that class will do but her outfit looks cool, so that's what she'll get to do. Currently, she is used slightly more often then Eko, since her mid-tier neutral spell is earlier reachable than Eko's mid-tier combat spell. (Eko's mid-tier light spell is really far down his skill tree, and I haven't even managed to reach it yet!) This plus occasionally dropping a Godzilla on the battlefield makes her slightly better until Eko finally gets his heraldic emblem promotion.

f) Dagmar: Black Mage

I mean seriously? Dagmar learns tons of spells, has great versatility, some nice passive skills synergizing great with magic casters and then the game tries to make me select anything besides Black Mage? Come on, Astria. Dagmar is a Black Mage, like, Mega-Black. He's Vivi, just bigger. Also his Black Mage outfit is loving snazzy

The very idea of Dagmar, the Shaman, made me laugh out loud though. That was some great accidental comedy. :allears:

g) Kaydin: Bird-Alchemist

Kaydin is a nice support character. Some skills to help the party, some to hurt the enemy. And her damage spells cover elements Dagmar can't get. (Even though she has the Eko-problem of her tier 2 damage spell being hidden very deep inside her tree.)

She is slated for becoming an Alchemist. Again, mostly because her outfit looks really good, but also because alchemists in AA are money-powered mages with the ability to grind down ore and crystals for some expensive insta-casts. Combine this poo poo with magic ore being the common steal drop and you having to do a lot of stealing in AA, and you get a nice endless supply of spells to cast.

Kaydin just deciding to stop swordfighting and starting to just bash people's faces in with fancy distillation equipment sure is a choice, too. I can't stay mad at this fancy bird.

h) The Thief: Hunter, but also thief

I can't even remember this guys name, honestly. :shrug:

I've optimized him for one thing only: Stealing. He is fast, he has luck, he has the skills. As soon as thief guy reaches this point, AA just breaks apart at the seams. No long grinding sessions anymore, you just walk into the first dungeon and infinity stat orbs. It's ridiculous.

His new class was Hunter, as Hunter has some interesting skills I want to try out. Also hunters use guns, so that was already a step up from his dinky little knife. This character will basically never be used in any serious fights. His only purpose is to steal expensive stuff from enemies. And that's it.

A lot of potential stat orbs are already slated to go to my MP-hungry casters instead of to this guy. He'll maybe get a few upgrades to luck, agility and HP along the line, but only if no-one else needs a stat orb right now.

Well, that was a lot. Sorry to bore you to death, but at least now you know the officially most optimal party ever for Astria Ascending! That's worth at least something, right?

Libluini fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 5, 2021

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Libluini posted:

Astria Ascending: The Return of Gimmick, Part III

Thanks for the deep dive. If Astria is possible to bust that hard with a bit of planning, maybe I'll give it a look after all... I am really interested in how messed-up the world and protagonists seem to be, the JRPG nonsense plot sounds like it could be pretty fun. Been a long time since I played a game that rewarded investing in a thief character that hard, too.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Yeah, I'm glad someone else played this besides Barudak because I'm intrigued now

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I would have liked AA a lot more if switching party members didnt cost them their turn (and maybe a visualised turn order)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dackel posted:

I would have liked AA a lot more if switching party members didnt cost them their turn (and maybe a visualised turn order)

Yeah, but then the game couldn't troll you by setting up scripted fights with 6 spell casters in a surprise attack. Spell casters fast enough to go before all of your party members at this time. All using elements in their attacks and resistances different from the ones in the rest of the dungeon, so your party will be all wrong for fighting them.

Then you eat 12 attacks in a row before you can do anything, and instead of the character prompt, the game instead turns to you, the player, and asks "what difficulty are you playing on?"

And if you're stammering out "I-It's n-normal", it answers "You're loving dead, kid"

Now if you could just change party members on the fly with zero cost, this huge troll would not work anymore. You see the dev's dilemma.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
100% sidequests/achievements done in Undernauts. Full clear time 58 hours 15 minutes, which I think makes it longer than Saviors of Sapphire Wings but shorter than Stranger of Sword City. I did in fact get to the end of the postgame without needing a tank or particularly missing the lack of one; I'd say you need either a tank or a full-time healer but both is probably overkill.

I appreciate that the ingame achievement list is a bit more forgiving than other Experience games. For example, instead of specifically needing to find all the Muramasas, you just need 95% item list completion, which you can get by plonking down monster flowers in the final postgame area and farming maybe a few dozen battles.

Barudak posted:

Undernauts has teeny bits of jank throughout but nothing bad. I discovered if you have an amount of an item and the game would give you enough that it pushes your tally of that item over 99 l, it will display 99 but is still tracking the number of the item you have correctly (to 3 digits at least).

I'm pretty sure it actually puts two or more separate stacks of the item in your inventory if that happens, one with 99 and the other with the overflow.

One bug that I noticed is that if an MP-draining attack fails because it gets blocked by a skill, the MP gets drained from whoever your first party member is instead. It was never a huge issue since it's not like those attacks are super common, but I did have to keep an eye on my frontliner's MP in areas where enemies used them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah there was a fight I did right before the boss of the cathedral where they did MP drain attacks and my bulwark very graciously blocked all of the damage and had all their MP drained. I went into the battle with 0 bulwark MP and it worked out anyway so thanks game!

I'll see the item stacking next time, thats really clever if true that it still pulls from the overflow stack first even when selecting the pool labeled 99.

I'm so glad you can freely respec skills because I was a dummy and deeply misunderstood what the tactician skill focus on did and dumped a few levels into it before realizing my mistake.

I think its really interesting how this is what happened when their attempt at a horror game didn't work out and they went back to what they knew.

Last thought: I love that the enemy that pursues you is really really easy to beat up versus how scary she is presented as so she's basically a mobile reward bonanza when she does rarely occur.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dastanovich_/status/1455233982795243524

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Barudak posted:

Last thought: I love that the enemy that pursues you is really really easy to beat up versus how scary she is presented as so she's basically a mobile reward bonanza when she does rarely occur.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure the game actively wants you to start feeling bad for her after a while. On the other hand, she drops some really good loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thuryl posted:

Yeah, I'm fairly sure the game actively wants you to start feeling bad for her after a while. On the other hand, she drops some really good loot.

Yeah, look, if she didn't want to get her leech kicked she wouldn't be carting around such good stuff.

Im not entirely sold on the Yomi-Noo sidequest because so far it seems to obviate the need to ever scrap items for argent and lets you just scrap stuff for FP so if you don't find a lot of cups you have to do a lot more work to maintain inventory versus someone who does