Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Big Jesus posted:

During the game against the colts we got the pick six and they said that was our first one in 38 games or some poo poo. The last one they're referring to has to be Brady's last Pats pass right?

That is the last pick six we’ve had for sure but it was 27 games ago if I’m doing my math right.

We’ve had a couple fumble returns for touchdowns since then though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What didn't byard have one like 3 weeks ago???

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yep that was his first touchdown scored. Just not on an INT yet. and I think one other scoop and score last season. Our pass rush was so bad it didn’t have many opportunities to cause fumbles

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the Titans will obviously beat the Rams, because that always weirdly happens when they're not supposed to

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
"Colts coach Frank Reich said today, the team anticipates Mack being in Indianapolis for the rest of the season."

I cant imagine the price was too high because the Colts don't plan on using him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I figure it has to be too high a price because it's hard to imagine Baltimore not offering a 6th or 5th next year for a 2021 starting caliber RB.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1455607722502762499

If I could give him my foot I would.

Then I could replace it with Vrabel's severed dick.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I figure it has to be too high a price because it's hard to imagine Baltimore not offering a 6th or 5th next year for a 2021 starting caliber RB.

The issue is he could get you a comp pick which would be around there. You have to beat that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, figure nothing was better than getting the comp for when he walks. And if JT gets hurt, Mack would be the guy stepping into the main role.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah. Despite the speculation it does seem like Mack staying put was the only thing that made sense.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I would buy that Super Bowl Journey DVD.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. Despite the speculation it does seem like Mack staying put was the only thing that made sense.

They definitely trade him for a 3rd or anything above, and maybe a 4th. But outside of that, it's not much value.

If they can still get the comp pick for releasing him, they might do that as well.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pretty sure they have to hit free agency naturally to qualify for a comp pick. As for the price, a 3rd round pick would be a high price for a half seasonal rental of even the best RBs in the league. Mack ain't that.

Still a huge step up on... Adrian Peterson? Good lord.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Why would the colts strengthen their only competition for the division in a time of need. Cmon

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

You would topple over every time you watched him run.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Why would the colts strengthen their only competition for the division in a time of need. Cmon

They wouldn't. Just comparing the haves and have nots.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The thing is there's no real reason to go get AP. If you believe Derrick Henry is a unicorn, AP is one that's so far past his prime and so used up that it doesn't matter that he once was the greatest because he won't be giving you that version of him. If you believe it's mostly offensive line work and you can replace 80% or so of the production with any RB, there are tons of young fresh undrafted legs out there for you to abuse. It makes the front office look silly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There is literally no down side to seeing if a hall of famer still has it while you wait for your mvp to come back lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My guess is, if defenses are scared of Derrick Henry, maybe defenses are scared of another legendary RB that's older now? They won't be, of course, but maybe you'll fool a stupid team maybe.

Not a fan of the AP move myself but what the hell, worst that happens is a few fumbles/bunched of stuffed runs before he's benched, and he keeps wear and tear away from more promising RB's like Foreman. Personally I'd rather had padded Frank Gore's stats some more.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I bet Henry could still roll out there right now and pound 85 yards on Jacksonville

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The Texans will make AP look great, I have no doubt

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would 100% prefer to see the Titans have gone with Foreman Sargent and Mcnichols but it will admittedly be very fun to say Titans Legend Adrian Peterson when he gets inducted into the HOF. Plus if we manage to get him a ring he could go in as a Titan which would obviously be worth it regardless of his onfield impact.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

There is literally no down side to seeing if a hall of famer still has it while you wait for your mvp to come back lol

We already know he doesn't, though; there's no reason for the Titans to waste time re-learning this.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
But what if he does have some in the tank

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

But what if he does have some in the tank

He doesn't

This is a lesson three other teams have already learned personally

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
But what if he does? Get out of here ravens fan!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I guess the Tits picked up D'Onta Foreman for some reason. Just practice squad for now though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He was not bad for us last year in some short term work spelling Henry. I am definitely glad to have him back

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
I'm here to ask the only question that needs asking. Why in gods name are the colts playing the jets tonight? I would probably have more fun running around in traffic then watching this game lol.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You dont have to watch it op

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I suggest you watch the show about trading a kidney for housing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Derrick Henry isn't even the best running back in his division.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

Derrick Henry isn't even the best running back in his division.

Well, to be fair, he's behind all of the ones with two working feet currently.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Well, to be fair, he's behind all of the ones with two working feet currently.

I bet he's better than David Johnson right now

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I bet he's better than David Johnson right now

I mean, maybe in a few days. Currently, I have him right behind David Johnson and ahead of Alfred Blue.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
What the gently caress, Alfred Blue is still on a roster somewhere?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alfred Blue is a name I haven't thought of in a long time

Google says he's retired

The last activity I see for him is the Jags signing him, then releasing him while he was on IR. He never actually played in a game for them

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

fast cars loose anus posted:

What the gently caress, Alfred Blue is still on a roster somewhere?

No, it was just a little joke that Alfred Blue is still bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blue was perfectly fine in his role at the third back who comes in the game when it's out of hand one way or the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.