Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Nemo2342 posted:

Leif will weed your entire island for you…for 100k bells. Even I am not that lazy.

The ordinance to have this constantly done is only 20k, but it'd take the place of another ordinance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does beautiful town ordinance take multiple days to complete? I will happily toss 100k bells to have all weeds gone and then enact the Night Owl ordinance.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i dont see the point of the beautiful town ordinance because weeds are easy to deal with

now if there was a "keep poo poo neat" ordinance that prevented rocks from vomiting up pebbles, sticks from littering the ground near trees, and stopped letting flowers be watered by the rain, that'd be another thing

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Blaziken386 posted:

i dont see the point of the beautiful town ordinance because weeds are easy to deal with

now if there was a "keep poo poo neat" ordinance that prevented rocks from vomiting up pebbles, sticks from littering the ground near trees, and stopped letting flowers be watered by the rain, that'd be another thing

I tend to time travel a lot, mostly to catch up when I haven't played in awhile. It drives me nuts when I come back and there are weeds everywhere, so paying 20k to have villagers help take care of it seemed good to me.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The ordinance to have this constantly done is only 20k, but it'd take the place of another ordinance.

It also says villagers will water flowers, so pass.

Nintendo must know how annoying flowers are and should have made one that says flowers don’t multiply or something.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It sounds like beautiful town will also make people water flowers and will reduce or remove fishing up trash?

Guess that could be handy if you're trying to grow lots of flowers or fishing a lot and/or don't care about shop times.

For me, that'd be a liability - flowers are over taking my island because I haven't really found a good way to contain them. I have beds where I keep 3 of each colour for DIYs, but it takes up so much space, if I were to surround them with fences it'd take up even more space, and surrounding them with paths might get ugly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

weeds are free flocking

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The time ordinances are real good now since all they change is either the open or close time of the stores instead of shifting the stores entire hours like in New Leaf.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Customisable fences is very nice. It's not major, it's just very nice. A lot of really satisfactory, pleasant stuff here. I love the new streetlights and all the plaza fairground stuff.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I walked through my cafe tonight. Loved it!

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/1456370074013483036?t=z3AHJAsN3eupj0yzIoOupQ&s=19

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

It sounds like beautiful town will also make people water flowers and will reduce or remove fishing up trash?

Guess that could be handy if you're trying to grow lots of flowers or fishing a lot and/or don't care about shop times.

For me, that'd be a liability - flowers are over taking my island because I haven't really found a good way to contain them. I have beds where I keep 3 of each colour for DIYs, but it takes up so much space, if I were to surround them with fences it'd take up even more space, and surrounding them with paths might get ugly.

I box mine in with invisible/transparent patterns. You can always make them a solid color when you need to change them up.

Also, game just gave me a helpful tip: mash B to make Kappa’n stop singing if you are in a hurry.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
So my mom figured out how to get the update downloaded and installed, and tells me she owes the bank $600k for her final house upgrade. Is there a recommended wiki that makes it easy to see how different items/crafts can sell for? Also, is there an easy way for her to see a gist of what came with the newest update?

She doesn't have online play yet (will try to set it up for her when I go visit next) so she can't play the turnip game to make money.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Redd over at Harv’s only carries 2 art pieces a day, and they can still be fake (not sure if both can be fake but assume so).

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hughmoris posted:

So my mom figured out how to get the update downloaded and installed, and tells me she owes the bank $600k for her final house upgrade. Is there a recommended wiki that makes it easy to see how different items/crafts can sell for? Also, is there an easy way for her to see a gist of what came with the newest update?

She doesn't have online play yet (will try to set it up for her when I go visit next) so she can't play the turnip game to make money.

You could probably just point her to the direct video for an overview of the new features. Nookipedia should have sell prices for every item but I think the most lucrative way to grind bells on your island is to just go diving for sea creatures. Selling any pumpkins or non-native fruit that are available is always a good call as well.

Nemo2342 posted:

Redd over at Harv’s only carries 2 art pieces a day, and they can still be fake (not sure if both can be fake but assume so).

Oh yes. Both of mine were fake today.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Nemo2342 posted:

Can confirm, they were both fake on Harv's for me this morning. :argh:

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone getting cooking recipes from balloons? I been at it like two hours and not gotten any.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I box mine in with invisible/transparent patterns. You can always make them a solid color when you need to change them up.

Also, game just gave me a helpful tip: mash B to make Kappa’n stop singing if you are in a hurry.
Alternatively, press A repeatedly to clap along and applaud his lovely singing voice

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Blaziken386 posted:

Alternatively, press A repeatedly to clap along and applaud his lovely singing voice

Y and X also let you react to the songs.

I'm not normally one to skip through things, but when you're trying to bust out a week+ of ACNH any cutscene you can skip is a good one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would never think of interrupting Kapp'n's shanties.

One of them is about how much he loves his Daughter and it's adorable. :kimchi:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

on a related note: when does DLC usually unlock and why isnt it right now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey do we all exchange friend codes in the discord, or here?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Blaziken386 posted:

on a related note: when does DLC usually unlock and why isnt it right now

I think it’s been releasing at midnight in other regions so probably 12 eastern if you’re in North America.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Fun fact: The handheld items you get from Redd's raffle 1)can be eaten/drank for fruit power, if they're edible 2)can be placed on stuff like regular items.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

J-Spot posted:

You could probably just point her to the direct video for an overview of the new features. Nookipedia should have sell prices for every item but I think the most lucrative way to grind bells on your island is to just go diving for sea creatures. Selling any pumpkins or non-native fruit that are available is always a good call as well.

Oh yes. Both of mine were fake today.

Thanks!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pianist On Strike posted:

I'm not seeing the new 4th "expensive" item in my Nook Shopping - the one where people are getting cars, yachts, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

I went through about 7 days worth of gameplay, and the 4th "expensive" item only shows up randomly.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
I don't have ordinances or Kapp'n on my island for some reason. Do I need to have a 4 star+ island for them to become available?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

DLC is live, babey

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Pianist On Strike posted:

I'm not seeing the new 4th "expensive" item in my Nook Shopping - the one where people are getting cars, yachts, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Check your phone too. I got the car by ordering from the daily nook store phone order selection.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

SGR posted:

I don't have ordinances or Kapp'n on my island for some reason. Do I need to have a 4 star+ island for them to become available?
I read online you need to see KK Perform first (3-Star island) and have at least one piece of art to expand the museum

Going to be a long road to a 3 Star town since I just started last week

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

PRESIDENT Nook?!

cats
May 11, 2009

a7m2 posted:

Check your phone too. I got the car by ordering from the daily nook store phone order selection.

Nothing there either. Sounds like it's not an every day thing, hopefully I get something soon. No big deal, I've been burning through my savings with the storage expansions and the additional inclines/bridges.

cats fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 5, 2021

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Metaline posted:

PRESIDENT Nook?!

I also noticed that little "upgrade"...I assumed it was corporate, rather than civic, but who knows what's been going on while we're all focused on our tiny paradise kingdoms.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

some of these requests are kinda out there. Chevre wants to live in a bank vault, apparently

e: also i have no goddamn idea if this means I can move her off my main island without repercussions, or what

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I was about to ask about that. There’s a few villagers i wouldn't mind letting move away, im worried doing the vacation homes for them will affect that

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Anyone know if there are prerequisites to getting the DLC working? My friend has this problem where the account subscribed to Nintendo's online is not the island rep account. The house icon is there at the title screen so we know the DLC is loaded, but neither player account has been introduced to Lottie. Best she can figure is she'll need to make some kind of progress on the non-island rep account but she's not sure what.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Fuckin hell I can't move for all these flowers

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Shoehead posted:

Fuckin hell I can't move for all these flowers

If you mean get rid of, when I was redoing my island I just time crimed and moved the campsite to get rid of them. Costs alot but I had money to burn

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OMG now I can check turnip prices on the nook app and not have to log in twice a day. YES!!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

V for Vegas posted:

OMG now I can check turnip prices on the nook app and not have to log in twice a day. YES!!!!

How do you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd still had the exact same two fakes from yesterday when I checked the co-op at Harv's Island this morning. :negative:

And I discovered when Kiki asked to come visit my house that villagers will politely comment on fake art if you have any on display in your home. :kimchi: