Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

I should just flee this cursed continent
honestly you should. america is diseased and unhealthy. i mean all western civ is diseased but at least it can be diseased while looking good and being able to enjoy cappuccino life walks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress cars. gently caress that half the drivers on the road are elderly idiot motherfuckers that have lead poisoned brains and can't do two things at once.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I loving hate cars

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Nitevision posted:

I loving hate cars
what if your mother were a car??

https://twitter.com/AmericanFietser/status/1456430157510725637?t=WZkLh2gIZL6XetwpnvQPpw&s=19

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Specifically gently caress the driver and single occupant of the massive SUV that pulled out blindly from a parking garage to nearly hit me and a few other pedestrians.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Probably lucked up hitting that car before the tree first.

My quality takes a huge dip, does that dude crawl out the window

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
nice use of the horn

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
bro, are you kidding me? you don't like cars? i smash cars all the time bro

that's what i'm known for, hitting that gas!

you're not a carsexual? that's cool with me, bro! that just means more cars for me hahahahahahaha :boom:

Milo and POTUS posted:

i guess you could call it that

he kind of crawls and falls and rolls all at the same time, it's pretty quick

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Milo and POTUS posted:

on rewatch yeah it looks like he just sort of rolls himself out the window

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

every truck like that should be crushed into a tiny cube

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/MikeBradleyMKE/status/1456332849766862850

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

It will eventually be too late.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

it's been known you can fix it for ages, if we aren't doing it now, when will we?

(same road before and after pedestrianisation)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

if you try and talk to some people about this irl they look at you like you're mad.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCk0IT3MaY

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

pointsofdata posted:

it's been known you can fix it for ages, if we aren't doing it now, when will we?

Where is this btw?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Where is this btw?

it's the main shopping street in Bordeaux. Almost their entire old town center is pedestrianised, they have trams with dedicated ROW, a pedestrianised waterfront, and the areas which are being newly developed also have good ped access. Car parking is partially kept off street in (expensive) parking underneath the squares.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah but where are all those people parking? checkmate failestrians.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

DC-based safe streets doofus Gordon Chaffin, who generally means well but isn't always very bright, got into an altercation with a drivist that reminds me why I generally don't bother with direct confrontation

https://twitter.com/GordonAChaffin/status/1456347125437112324

i guess he got the lane clear, but it turns out the guy has 10k in unpaid traffic tickets too and is still somehow allowed to drive. clearly the system works

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Confronting drivers in the US is a good way to get shot. Or run over.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

yeah, even the most gentle request can elicit insane over the top fury, and touching someone's precious car makes a lot of people feel like they have cart blanche to respond however they see fit. definitely signs of a healthy society

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao that guy owns

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Fitzy Fitz posted:

one weird trick to instantly ban open carry

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder how much smaller cities would be if we just completely got rid of cars

https://twitter.com/UrbLivLab/status/564405969825071107

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

couldn't happen in my city because we privatized parking meters and need to pay them off whenever we remove parking spots! :psypop:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gabagool posted:

couldn't happen in my city because we privatized parking meters and need to pay them off whenever we remove parking spots! :psypop:

working as intended i see

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I guess stuff like this is supposed to be good, but look at how loving complicated it is. The more complex the design gets the more obvious it is that we're not addressing the real issue.

https://twitter.com/MattPinder1/status/1456576996704669704?s=20

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm guessing this is Portugal looking at all the pastel buildings

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

The curbs are nice but will not stop or even delay some raging moron in a brodozer. There's a curb setup like that near me where a highway offramp joins a residential street to "traffic calm" and it's covered in black tire marks from people hitting it at 60mph.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

DC-based safe streets doofus Gordon Chaffin, who generally means well but isn't always very bright, got into an altercation with a drivist that reminds me why I generally don't bother with direct confrontation

i guess he got the lane clear, but it turns out the guy has 10k in unpaid traffic tickets too and is still somehow allowed to drive. clearly the system works

Just throw your bike on people yakuza style if they go in the back and grab something and hide it in their shirt. Its why bikes are aluminum now.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

sat on my keys! posted:

The curbs are nice but will not stop or even delay some raging moron in a brodozer. There's a curb setup like that near me where a highway offramp joins a residential street to "traffic calm" and it's covered in black tire marks from people hitting it at 60mph.

https://twitter.com/CBCOttawa/status/1156251608671326208?s=20

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Needs more bollards

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

is it just me or did he possibly pull out a weapon and put it in his waistband at 1:16 lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I guess stuff like this is supposed to be good, but look at how loving complicated it is. The more complex the design gets the more obvious it is that we're not addressing the real issue.

https://twitter.com/MattPinder1/status/1456576996704669704?s=20

okay but like... maybe just ban cars instead?

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

reminds me of how my so's parents complained that roundabouts are "too complicated" and they don't know how to navigate them.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
just lol if you don't have your bike kitted out like a James Bond car — mount an acetone-filled super soaker to the front and give any offending vehicles a nice bath

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

sat on my keys! posted:

reminds me of how my so's parents complained that roundabouts are "too complicated" and they don't know how to navigate them.

“turning right” too complicated, please feed me into the meat shredder

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

vyelkin posted:

okay but like... maybe just ban cars instead?

We have one particularly dangerous mid-street crosswalk here, so the city installed a bank of red flags that pedestrians could grab and wave as they cross the street. Absurd measures just to make walking possible.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

actionjackson posted:

is it just me or did he possibly pull out a weapon and put it in his waistband at 1:16 lol

that's what he wanted you to think. he had nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

LonsomeSon posted:

“turning right” too complicated, please feed me into the meat shredder

sometimes you even have to yield before you turn right, it's impossible!