Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Wrestlemania 38 is gonna be Shane and Stephanie fighting over the remote on a HHH-skin rug in Vince's den while he sternly watches from a recliner, gently stroking a stained photograph of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Kunabomber posted:

This doesn't even makes sense because AEW is also full of good worker indie guys and they won

I think in Vince's leaky mind, they would have won if they had focused on what they do best: hot young women and big meat men with weird cartoon gimmicks, just like the old days.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

X JAKK posted:

Wrestlemania 38 is gonna be Shane and Stephanie fighting over the remote on a HHH-skin rug in Vince's den while he sternly watches from a recliner, gently stroking a stained photograph of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

They're finally gonna give David Lynch the book?

They'll have to change his name of course so people don't think he's related to Becky. He'll just be David.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Too specific. Just call him Bob.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited for Aliyah's new gimmick of 'hot woman'

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
David "Bearcat" Lynch

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
We’ve left PG and entered the attitude issues era

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

A clever twist on the WWE favorite ”a woman that is hot”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

We’ve left PG and entered the attitude issues era

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

A clever twist on the WWE favorite ”a woman that is hot”

Congrats to Aliyah for holding out through the Triple H era to reach the point where being hot was the only asset prized in women, you gotta respect that hustle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angel Garza is now Angel and Humberto Carrillo is now Humberto. Just what they needed, no last name

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Humberto is too long of a name

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
King Wood's entrance is dope. I did not have time to watch anything on Smackdown but that this week but I think I made the right choice.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Chris James 2 posted:

Angel Garza is now Angel and Humberto Carrillo is now Humberto. Just what they needed, no last name

they'll be released in 3 months

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

Humberto is too long of a name

Call me Hum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Call me Hum

You'll be out back counting stars after I'm done with you. -Hum

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

OH MY GOOOOODDD, HUUUUUMMMM!!!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Call me Hum

Now you just need a tag partner named Bug and you're all set.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Now you just need a tag partner named Bug and you're all set.

https://twitter.com/joaquinwilde_/status/1222874080107466753

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I swear to god Vince is gonna shutter the company and on the last episodes rip off a mask to reveal he's been Andy Kaufman the entire time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's weird how everyone who leaves WWE has an attitude problem. Just like how all my ex's are petty arseholes who can't chill out.

Now I feel some kinship to WWE knowing we're both never wrong.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wonder how long WWE could get away with just not creating any kind of product at all. I guess the problem is breach of contract lawsuits but other than that they have absolutely no incentive to put in any more than the bare minimum. Like every other company too big to fail they've transcended the need for customers. Raw could be 3 hours of static and people online would be tweeting about how they saw a 5* match in the snow.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
small price to pay for nia jax to be hopefully off national television forever

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

I wonder how long WWE could get away with just not creating any kind of product at all. I guess the problem is breach of contract lawsuits but other than that they have absolutely no incentive to put in any more than the bare minimum. Like every other company too big to fail they've transcended the need for customers. Raw could be 3 hours of static and people online would be tweeting about how they saw a 5* match in the snow.

To be fair 3 hours of static would be an improvement over your average episode of RAW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dodgeblan posted:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Alaois posted:

You'll be out back counting stars after I'm done with you. -Hum

This made me much happier than it probably should have.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

a cyborg mug posted:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

a cyborg mug posted:

:bahgawd:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

tbf Carmella got traded

dodgeblan posted:

"whaddya mean I cant get 300k a year without learning how to wrestle? Is this just discrimination cause I'm unvaxxed?"

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I wonder what Hideki Suzuki is up to

:hmmyes: After a year in the industry leader performance center maybe he'll be ready to have a match

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

X JAKK posted:

book it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a cyborg mug posted:

lmao

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

For those of you who don't Rampage,

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1456804917151158272?t=kOBhTH6PloUqsFQdieK8aQ&s=19

Taz's "I'm stuff!" kills me

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

w/r/t "every wrestler we release has attitude issues," https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy__tBe8eg

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Pretty hosed up that WWE had 71 wrestlers with attitude issues, I'm glad the problem is taken care of and there will be no more cuts.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
So... I just watched the Sami & Hit Row stuff, because it's been about a year since I checked in on Sami.

I'm guessing Sami is still the same character he was last year + "a self proclaimed locker room leader". And while he was definitely a heel, he seemed sincere enough about offering advice.

And his entrance is kinda dumb, but there's no way you could mistake it for anyone else's.

So, Sami leads them out, after Hit Row ASKS him to; and Hit Row follows with the enthusiasm of a CAW who forgot to pick an entrance.

Sami seems like he's trying to (egotistically) insert himself into their group...

And Hit Row raps (?) for two bars, letting us know that "he's inzayn" & "his name isn't Sami Zayn, it's Sami Sucks" and the crowd does chant that, so I guess good job?

They prevent him from leaving, Sami apologizes, and follows up that he didn't come out to fight them.

After some initial bullying, they let him go, laughing about... how he... didn't stick around for a 3 on 1 beat down?

Who the gently caress is that segment supposed to help?

Sami gets a new nickname for a couple of weeks. (Fans already chant that <x sucks>, so congrats)

Sami looks a bit dumb for trying to help, but ultimately being himself? I guess?

Hit Row looks dull and uninterested. Couldn't even commit to a 3 on 1 beatdown. I think they're faces? Maybe Tweeners? Sometimes faces bully people who are earnestly trying to help? The Rock used to do that... Maybe it's Sami's fault for seeming too sincere?

What was the point of this segment?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The point is Sami's gone when his deal's up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The point is Sami is a loser nerd

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

The point is Sami is a loser nerd

This is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My takeaway from that and the Aaliyah segment Sami is an amusing, annoying, but unthreatening presence in the SD locker room that does in fact bring them all together in laughing at him.

Jeff Hardy on the other hand is clearly lurking the SD backstage for young women. He's the real threat.

And I don't really get the Hit Row appeal either. But I've never much gone for bad wrestling rappers and gradeschool insults. I was just kind of curious if they'd address that one of them got fired, and I guess the answer is "no"?