Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Young loving punk rear end kids, literally trampling people to death to see a concert without having to pay for it, or steal merch.

I'm officially an old fogey now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Looks like the moron urged people to rush the gates and climb the fences.

https://twitter.com/yoongispick/status/1456890536330158083?t=fWj2LhukXbn0J69NRGP0WA&s=19

Hope the families of the dead sue that piece of poo poo out of existence.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Because they wanted the build back better social bill to pass first, or in tandem with infrastructure. Now the leverage for the BBB social bill is pretty much gone.

Yup, it's this.

Unless you're a moron in which case you think it's for twitter points or some stupid thing

pmchem posted:

oh yeah, progressives totally caved, Manchin and Sinema can kill the social bill now as the House has no leverage. progressives always said they'd wait for agreement and passage of the social bill before they passed the infra bill. the only ones who voted "no" were trying to preserve their twitter rep after it was clear the bill would pass by the vote count

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Surprised myself that my first thought after watching the security get overrun and then the barrier get overrun wasn't "these dumb loving kids" but that security theater has gotten so loving ridiculous and omnipresent that I kinda understand people thinking that its all just some bullshit to jump over.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
You know, that concert shitshow would've actually been a legitimate case for police using all their riot gear... unlike using it on innocent peaceful BLM protesters last year.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dying in a crowd crush is probably my least preferred way to die and one of the reasons why I tend to stick to the sides of concerts (remember those lol) when I see bands play. Crowds in general just make me nervous; it only takes one idiot to plant the seeds of panic.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

:sickos:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
All because of some McDonald's guy?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
The people dancing on top of the ambulances (and presumably keeping them from moving), JFC

I hope at least a few of them will feel a little shame when they sober up. Wouldn't count on it though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What does that security dickhead in the hooded sweatshirt think he's trying to do by shoving a couple of people as they run by?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yup, it's this.

Unless you're a moron in which case you think it's for twitter points or some stupid thing

you realize that 'the squad' only voted no because they knew the bill would pass? it was not meaningful at all. progressives as a whole totally caved and backed the vote. Pressley changed her vote from 'yes' to 'no' mid vote:

https://twitter.com/ortegachili/status/1456846727642746880?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV7NkBiLf3L/?utm_medium=copy_link

Holy poo poo this is so sad, terrifying and enraging.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

I hate people now, again, and forever. gently caress that was hard to read.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
source:https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/qnuon6/8_dead_at_astroworld_fest_friday_night_hours/

Below are descriptions from medics at the concert.

quote:

I just left astroworld festival and let me say this. as someone who has been to every astro fest there's been, this was completely different. it was awful. I passed out because people were pushing up against me so much that I couldn't breathe. Sam got people to apparently crowd surf my unconscious body to the security guard and I gotcarried to a little section behind GA and put down on a stool thing. when I woke up I had a water bottle in my lap and had no clue what had happened. When I stood up I looked around and people were getting carried out with eyes rolled back into their heads by security, bleeding from their nose and mouth. I yelled “has ANYBODY checked a pulse?” the security guard, frantic, asked me to please help him. I checked two people and one did not have a pulse. I told them I was an ICU nurse and then another security guard, hearing that, said “please come help us.” He takes me to the part of the crowd behind GA where I see 3 bodies sprawled out and people who I assume were medics/medical staff doing CPR.I immediately see that there is not enough medics for this so I relieve one medic of CPR. I ask where the ambu bag is, where the AED is, where the stretcher and ambulance is, where tf any poo poo is and they said essentially there is none. there’s one ambu bag, one stretcher and one AED for 3 - now 4 - people who are pulseless and blue. People from the crowd were trying to help. teenagers are doing CPR trying to help but they're doing it incorrectly, then I see there's other people doing CPR on people who still have a pulse bc nobody has done a pulse check. it was an absolute poo poo show. I lost Sam for I don't even know how long but for the remainder of the concert I was doing compressions, bagging and helping move people to stretchers and checking pulses on new bodies as they got crowd-surfed to where we were. people were trampled, crushed. there was no cell service to call for more help. People were begging the crew operating the stage lights and stuff around us to stop the concert and they wouldn't. I am so disappointed and sad. Finally cops showed up with more stretchers and started getting people out but I know at least 2 individuals had been pulseless for 15 minutes minimum before they got on a stretcher.

quote:

I’m a trained medic. I was doing cpr on a girl as drake came was coming on with Travis. Two “medical staff” came over to help. They were like deer in headlights. They had no fuckin clue what they were doing. One of them straight up left; The other “medic” was screaming if anyone else knew CPR. The two that came over had no ambu bag, no gloves, no AED, nothing. I had the girls friend do mouth to mouth while the dumbass medic was just standing there. I’m yelling for an AED, even a drat CPR pocket mask. They eventually get a backboard And start to put her on backwards (feet at the narrow end). I call the guy an idiot and flip it over. Finally we get her on a backboard, cops come over and rip me off her. They pick the backboard up only to drop her on her face. I was so incredibly mad. I watched a girl die in front of me all because these “medics” were so ill prepared. I’d encourage anyone here to open lawsuits against this Cactus Jack/ astroworld bullshit. So sad.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Lol ok cool never going to a concert again this is now my worst fear

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have always hated crowds.
Persons are fine- people are stupid. They are panicky animals.

This only got worse after seeing protests become riots where people decided grenades were the same as beach balls.

I am so just loving angry and sad at that bullshit. It's not an unknown thing in these situations. People are dead because humans are so loving callous.

We need a better plague

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
don't worry I'm sure the minority teenagers who broke through earlier will be held responsible for this

weird bad actors follow Travis Scott everywhere he goes like this

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

US Berder Patrol posted:

Lol ok cool never going to a concert again this is now my worst fear

I thought I was missing out by not going to shows all my life. Apparently I’ve just been extending my life expectancy being a shut in. People are animals when it counts.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have always hated crowds.
Persons are fine- people are stupid. They are panicky animals.

This only got worse after seeing protests become riots where people decided grenades were the same as beach balls.

I am so just loving angry and sad at that bullshit. It's not an unknown thing in these situations. People are dead because humans are so loving callous.

We need a better plague

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

don't worry I'm sure the minority teenagers who broke through earlier will be held responsible for this

weird bad actors follow Travis Scott everywhere he goes like this

I’m remembering the Travis Scott documentary where you got fans talking about “travis’s music help saved my life!!!” Well it just killed a buncha people so good looks my dude.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bad Poster posted:

All because of some McDonald's guy?

No, it’s the Fortnite guy.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've never even heard of this Travis Scott guy, but he needs to be sued out of existence. loving literal trash. Encouraging a loving riot. Fucker needs to go to jail.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bored As gently caress posted:

I've never even heard of this Travis Scott guy, but he needs to be sued out of existence. loving literal trash. Encouraging a loving riot. Fucker needs to go to jail.

Wait how don’t you know who Travis Scott is? How’d you miss out on sicko mode?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

TheWeedNumber posted:

I've also never heard of the rear end in a top hat. I chalk it up to having zero visibility into popular music.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cugel the Clever posted:

I've also never heard of the rear end in a top hat. I chalk it up to having zero visibility into popular music.

I mean that’s what I was thinking it was, that and someone’s been missing out on trap music.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TheWeedNumber posted:

I have no idea what that means.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone alert the old folks home, a bunch of residents escaped.

j/k

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I had no idea who he was until today.

Honestly thought on first mention that it was a country music stage name.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Godholio posted:

I have no idea what that means.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I knew who he was as an entity, that he existed. Never heard his work, and his McD's meal was loving stupid.

This really but a poo poo carpet on my day. I'm going to take a nap with my dog, Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD. He's got a head start. (Related to the good Dogtor- does anyone else have an bulldog that is a cuddlebug attached at their hip? Dunno if it's breed, or just this lump)

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

not caring here posted:

Yeah, I had no idea who he was until today.

Honestly thought on first mention that it was a country music stage name.

Nah that’s lil nas x

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol

https://twitter.com/gregisenberg/status/1456588827804545033?s=21

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Who the gently caress is he kidding right now?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honestly that sounds even more dystopian then what exists now….anywhere:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I guess I'm dumb because why does any of that need to be on a blockchain? People can already publicly look up your medical/law/whatever license???

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Who is this guy?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Did this loving idiot see Season 3 of Westworld and think "BOY HOWDY THAT SURE IS A loving AWESOME WORLD TO LIVE IN." ?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm becoming progressively more convinced that simply the word "blockchain" is a real-life SCP memetic cognitohazard.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

Did this loving idiot see Season 3 of Westworld and think "BOY HOWDY THAT SURE IS A loving AWESOME WORLD TO LIVE IN." ?

He assumes he will be the rich guy that gets to have sex with the robots.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I honestly thought travis scott was a skater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PookBear posted:

I honestly thought travis scott was a skater

lol