Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love you guys too. :) I didn't/don't actually think anybody here is going to whip around and be horrible at me because of him but I'm not okay with him going ahead and doing this a third time without me providing a little :airquote:context:airquote:.
I imagine that was very tough to type out, as it was pretty rage inducing to read. Thank you for trusting us to share that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

one of my close friends has extreme bpd and I love them to bits but wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. on a very bad christmas they mangled their wrist really badly in a kitchen blender on purpose. poo poo is brutal and I'm sure everyone with bpd has their share of horror stories but - it's manageable with effort. finding the right balance of meds is super helpful, CBT and other therapies helped a lot too, but drat it takes them a lot of work. they're living their best life now, working and studying and emotionally heaps more grounded.

posting psychotic DMs to people on something awful is likely not an effective therapy

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Jeff let me know my good pal Daiklotos popped up again. I appreciate the folks that were basically like "what the hell is wrong with you". No idea what he said, specifically, but I saw the post he made about me last time he came frothing in here so I'm going to assume it was all the same things, which iirc were basically

1) LAB was sexually abused as a child and it messed her up emotionally! Haha, point and laugh at someone that's been spending 20 years working through trauma and improving herself as a person
2) LAB was gaslighting me by being nice to me and made the admins permaban me while she pretended she was my friend (e: I was not an admin when he was permabanned) and there is an enormous conspiracy against me and gently caress HER gently caress HER I HATE HER
3) I don't loving know, whatever he was going on about last time, I did not finish reading it.

It was unhinged bullshit with "receipts" that had no connection to the crap he was spewing. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, and I hope you're doing well otherwise. I can get why you wanted to support Daiklotos, and maybe in the long run he'll find a way to get better, but you're fully within your right to cut ties because nobody deserves to be a font for abuse like that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

alf_pogs posted:

one of my close friends has extreme bpd and I love them to bits but wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. on a very bad christmas they mangled their wrist really badly in a kitchen blender on purpose
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Christ almighty. I'm glad that you're okay, Literally a Bird, and I would absolutely be in favor of not discussing it in the thread anymore if it would help you.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kirbysuperstar posted:

I no longer wish to know more

alf_pogs posted:

posting psychotic DMs to people on something awful is likely not an effective therapy

this incident isn't getting a thread subtitle for obvious reasons, but i have to admit these are both solid candidates

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

When you mix bipolar with borderline, you end up having the issue where your intense mood swings will have sweeping side effects. I have a problem where, because I have both, I use the terms interchangeably which as CaptainSarcastic pointed out is wrong. I don't know how common it is too have both but the mayo clinic lists it as common enough to get it checked. It's actually hell, and you're basically constantly embarrassing yourself, and in the best case scenario, you're second guessing your reaction to everything to make sure you aren't turning into a screaming abusive tyrant.

Like, an intense burst of euphoria can turn me into a giggling happy chatty girl, or just really irritable and anxious and hyper? It's hard to explain, it's basically just a jittery over stimulated mess.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I wasn't meaning to sound too scoldy about the BPD vs. Bipolar distinction, and definitely wasn't directing it at you - it's a pet peeve of mine when the disorders get referred to in a way which muddies the waters.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pentyne posted:

the people who have just blank stare into the abyss having flashbacks of the literal hell they were put through from a BPD sufferer.

I have some experience with this and and uh, yeah reading that sure felt familiar.

sharknado slashfic has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Nov 7, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've got BPD and it fuckin sucks untreated. A good five years of screaming at my loved ones how much they suck, combined with unholy amounts of vodka to try and feel "normal."

It's hard to know how to feel because on the one hand, I can absolutely empathize- most of the time you're not at all trying to hurt your loved ones. On the other hand, I sure don't envy anyone who had to deal with me during that time.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lollontee posted:

thank you :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

OPAONI posted:

What sort of meds are effective? I thought it was CogBehTherapy or nothin.

They use the other kind of CBT.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:hmmyes:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You are all incredibly sweet, thank you. No B33r, I can't say it was my favorite, but sometimes you just gotta suck it up, right? :lol:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I don't have much to add to the conversation but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have had to deal with all of that LAB, nobody deserves that kind of abuse. You're a wonderful person and have always looked out for the well being of others.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Normally when there's 100 new posts in the saga thread it's because something funny happened. I feel personally betrayed by this

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Boba Pearl posted:

Modafnil is used for Shift Work Sleep Disorder, not ADHD, Vyvanse is used for ADHD, and it's supposed to be better because it's less addictive and longer lasting, or so I'm led to understand, I'm not 100% clear on the whole thing to be honest.

I have been prescribed Modafinil for ADHD in the past, but I think it’s still off-label.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

some plague rats posted:

Normally when there's 100 new posts in the saga thread it's because something funny happened. I feel personally betrayed by this

I see 100 new posts in this thread and go "oh no".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah this thread generally has an inverse relationship between number of unread posts and goodness of saga

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

imho go birds. always go birds.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I see 100 new posts in this thread and go "oh no".

yes that is my usual reaction to any thread I have bookmarked. sometimes you get rewarded though.

I like to wait until there are 400-500 posts in the bad with money thread in BFC and enjoy the schadenfreude.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Holy god this was not the 100 new posts I wanted to read. I'm so sorry this is happening to you Bird, I hope you're okay.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am. Thank you. :) I have learned the habit of being, if nothing else, resilient. Knowing folks here are looking out for me is also really nice and helps a lot.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am. Thank you. :) I have learned the habit of being, if nothing else, resilient. Knowing folks here are looking out for me is also really nice and helps a lot.

Bird Mod Best Mod is a standard all mods should aspire to and is a phrase that exists for a reason. :)

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I did the triple duty tour with BPD -- three now ex partners in a row. I still love them all to death, I worked hard to make things work and even helped them be sure to have regular therapy, but ... when it got bad, it was like this.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
LAB you're the best and you didn't deserve to put up with that poo poo!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I played Guild Wars 2 with LAB, she rules.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Stay safe bird mod

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Julias posted:

I don't have much to add to the conversation but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have had to deal with all of that LAB, nobody deserves that kind of abuse. You're a wonderful person and have always looked out for the well being of others.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to emptyquote this, but I assume the button is labeled “plagiarize” for a reason.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Desert Bus posted:

Bird Mod Best Mod is a standard all mods should aspire to and is a phrase that exists for a reason. :)

:emptyquote:

Also, mental illness check-ins are always fun.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i know it was a mistake, but, posting to clarify that dude isn't me
lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
bird deserves better, good lord

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What in the actual gently caress?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

bird deserves better, good lord

She is a truly wonderful person; she is generous with her kindness without thought to her own exhaustion.

Having said that, I think we can drop the subject. Everything that needs to be said has been said.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
changing topics, I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to the Koala's March thing, what exactly happened with all that? I remember talking to her via PM's years ago about how she wasn't doing so hot with taking care of her mom, and I could definitely relate since I've been taking care of mine for almost 20 years now so I offered to help if I could. She mentioned she was having trouble paying the bills and putting food on the table, and that she was helping out at local shelters in detroit, doing political canvassing, etc. I offered to send her a care package with a crapload of food and stuff to help her out, canned goods, general use items like eneloop batteries so she wouldn't need to buy batteries ever again(she mentioned she was running through batteries rapidly while she was out canvassing, iirc) etc, and she graciously accepted and said that if there was anything she couldn't use that she would share it with the people she worked with.

Was all that a lie? I keep seeing people talking a lot of poo poo about her but I kinda missed out on that whole debacle, whatever it was that drove her off the site. I'm not entirely sure about what came to light about her, if it was all a scam, or what. She seemed like a really cool person when I spoke to her so it's a bummer to see apparently she wasn't on the level?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Where did the dog with the ambulance avatars come from?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Where did the dog with the ambulance avatars come from?

It was a thread about movie plotholes iirc and someone posted how a character jumped on top of an ambulance that was leaving a hospital to make their escape. The goon in question was baffled why an ambulance would be leaving a hospital. Then got really defensive when made fun of.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Invictus posted:

changing topics, I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to the Koala's March thing, what exactly happened with all that? I remember talking to her via PM's years ago about how she wasn't doing so hot with taking care of her mom, and I could definitely relate since I've been taking care of mine for almost 20 years now so I offered to help if I could. She mentioned she was having trouble paying the bills and putting food on the table, and that she was helping out at local shelters in detroit, doing political canvassing, etc. I offered to send her a care package with a crapload of food and stuff to help her out, canned goods, general use items like eneloop batteries so she wouldn't need to buy batteries ever again(she mentioned she was running through batteries rapidly while she was out canvassing, iirc) etc, and she graciously accepted and said that if there was anything she couldn't use that she would share it with the people she worked with.

Was all that a lie? I keep seeing people talking a lot of poo poo about her but I kinda missed out on that whole debacle, whatever it was that drove her off the site. I'm not entirely sure about what came to light about her, if it was all a scam, or what. She seemed like a really cool person when I spoke to her so it's a bummer to see apparently she wasn't on the level?

KM was a grifter who legitimately roused a mob to try and stage a forums coup by convincing the trans community that fyad was coming for us in a nazi doxxing kind of way

That said, she also legit had a hard life, so while the details her story may or may not have been true, she probably did need the help, and you did a legit good thong there

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

RFC2324 posted:

you did a legit good thong there

:c2b:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm leaving that one.

Never not post thong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005