Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I'll get the booster scheduled for this week then.

It's frustrating being around the people in my unit who apparently think that getting the vaccine will damage your heart and make you get a pacemaker.

I just don't want to catch this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m getting mine tomorrow from medical :mrgw:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PeterCat posted:

It's frustrating being around the people in my unit who apparently think that getting the vaccine will damage your heart and make you get a pacemaker.

It's the weirdest thing that Actual Health Pros are worried about what the vaccines will do to your heart (treatable mild myocarditis at worst) when it's COVID will really gently caress up your heart with the non-treatable form of myocarditis.

My general conundrum is that I'm an at-home worker, but I'm starting to go to a bunch of high-capacity sports/entertainment shows. That's generally not a qualification for a booster because it's supposed to be more employment-based, and my second Moderna dose JUST went past 6 months.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1457104214929313804?s=21

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

It's the weirdest thing that Actual Health Pros are worried about what the vaccines will do to your heart (treatable mild myocarditis at worst) when it's COVID will really gently caress up your heart with the non-treatable form of myocarditis.

My general conundrum is that I'm an at-home worker, but I'm starting to go to a bunch of high-capacity sports/entertainment shows. That's generally not a qualification for a booster because it's supposed to be more employment-based, and my second Moderna dose JUST went past 6 months.

Similar boat. But my wife works with the public on a daily basis, so we're both getting boosters because, why risk it?

Also CVS is stupidly easy to book the appointment with.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Best Friends posted:

I am not really following the rules or standards. Am I, a healthy guy who does not work with the public, allowed to get the booster? Is it still restricted to people with special needs or risk factors, or is that by state?

Nearly every American adult qualifies under one criterion or another, because criteria include:

Being overweight (body mass index over twenty‐five, qualifying seventy‐three percent of Americans)

Have anything to do with children or the elderly

Live in a place with high rates of community transmission and/or low vaccine prevalence (that’s most counties in the U.S.)

Would experience “inability to work or meet other personal obligations when infected, even if not severely ill with COVID-19”

So if you live on a trust fund with no obligations to anyone, you may potentially not qualify, but realistically, it’s everyone.

If you truly have no personal obligations, PM me and I’ll send you a houseplant so you have something to live for.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 7, 2021

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What kind of houseplant are we talking about here?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
While we’re on the subject of boosters, this week we got a study of VA patients that sheds some light on how the vaccines are holding up.

quote:

For the period February 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021, vaccine effectiveness against infection (VE-I) declined over time (P < 0.01 for time dependence, Table 1), even after adjusting for age, sex, and comorbidity. VE-I declined for all vaccine types (Fig. 1), with the largest declines for Janssen followed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Specifically, in March, VE-I was 86.4% (95% CI: 85.2% to 87.6%) for Janssen; 89.2% (95% CI: 88.8% to 89.6%) for Moderna; and 86.9% (95% CI: 86.5% to 87.3%) for Pfizer-BioNTech. By September, VE-I had declined to 13.1% (95% CI: 9.2% to 16.8%) for Janssen; 58.0% (95% CI: 56.9% to 59.1%) for Moderna; and 43.3% (95% CI: 41.9% to 44.6%) for Pfizer-BioNTech.

Folks, if you got J&J’s shot, you really want to get a Pfizer or Moderna booster without delay.

I should have mentioned this in my last post, but CDC says that anyone who got J&J’s shot at least two months ago should get a booster, not just consider it based on the totality of circumstances, but go and get it, period, irrespective of anything else.

The decline in J&J’s efficacy against infection (and to a lesser degree the others) holds up across all age groups. It’s not just the elderly that are getting breakthroughs.

Someone in D&D misunderstood this one, so to be clear, the sharp bend that all the curves take toward the end of July is Delta running roughshod over the U.S.. Breakthroughs are related to changes in the spacing between the vaccinated and unvaccinated curves, not directly to the height of the curve.

As for the consequences of breakthroughs, in the words of the study’s authors,

quote:

Risk of death after SARS-CoV-2 infection was highest in unvaccinated Veterans regardless of age and comorbidity (Fig. 3). However, breakthrough infections were not benign, as shown by the higher risk of death in fully vaccinated Veterans who became infected compared to vaccinated Veterans who remained infection-free.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 7, 2021

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I got the Moderna booster and only had a sore elbow then a week later got a flu shot that gave me a nasty head cold (I havent made this much snot since I was a little kid) ugh.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

I got the Moderna booster and only had a sore elbow then a week later got a flu shot that gave me a nasty head cold (I havent made this much snot since I was a little kid) ugh.

My man let me recommend you go to Costco and get Dayquil and Nyquil. It's so much cheaper than at a pharmacy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Platystemon posted:

Being overweight (body mass index over twenty‐five, qualifying seventy‐three percent of Americans)

Woohoo! :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Grip it and rip it posted:

I dont know much about his performances - do you have any examples of what you are talking about?

Edit: just saw the thing at lollapalooza - didnt see anything specific about what he did at this show though

Yeah, just looked this up and it's nuts. Seeing a crowd packed like that and telling it to ignore security to rush the stage is absolutely obscene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XdL9cJ9QUg

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, just looked this up and it's nuts. Seeing a crowd packed like that and telling it to ignore security to rush the stage is absolutely obscene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XdL9cJ9QUg

This loving idiot has been doing this for 6 years and no one's sued the gently caress out of him? What the poo poo

They probably settled with this kid:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/arts/music/travis-scott-sued-concert-injury.html

quote:

“We are deeply concerned about the guest who was injured and intend to offer him our support,” their statement said at the time.

Video from the sold-out concert, which was held on April 30, shows Mr. Scott encouraging fans on the second-floor balcony to jump into the crowd below. “Don’t be scared,” he can be heard saying, as a spotlight illuminates one dangling concertgoer. “They’re going to catch you.”

Mr. Green suffered fractured vertebrae, a broken left wrist and a fractured right ankle, “resulting in extreme pain and suffering, loss of earnings, emotional distress and medical expenses,” the lawsuit said.

Mr. Scott, the suit added, had “incited mayhem and chaos at prior events,” including an arrest in May for inciting a riot at a concert in Arkansas. The rapper pleaded not guilty. In 2015, Mr. Scott pleaded guilty to charges of reckless conduct after he encouraged fans at Lollapalooza in Chicago to climb over security barricades and onto the stage.
This piece of poo poo needs to be behind bars.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 7, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Holy gently caress

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Iraq's Prime Minister just survived an assassination attempt - 3 drones with explosives strapped to them tried to blow him up. 2 were shot down by either AA assets or his personal security detail. One exploded at his residence, injured some in the house.

I'm guessing Iranian backed militias, cuz they're pissed off as gently caress that their candidates didn't do so well in the recent elections.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Iraq's Prime Minister just survived an assassination attempt - 3 drones with explosives strapped to them tried to blow him up. 2 were shot down by either AA assets or his personal security detail. One exploded at his residence, injured some in the house.

I'm guessing Iranian backed militias, cuz they're pissed off as gently caress that their candidates didn't do so well in the recent elections.

That all seems unnecessarily convoluted. Why not just strap an anti tank missile to a drone like we do when we want to assassinate someone?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 7, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I brought my original card to rite aid when I got the Pfizer booster, there wasn't room to record the new shot so they made me a new card.

Honestly I should have probably just told them to do a new one.

Funny enough for my kids who got the first dose on Friday I had to remind the people doing it to make the cards. My kids were the first ones and they were just getting started with a huge queue so it’s all cool. They were super nice and kept thanking me for reminding them of certain things (nothing critical or safety related mind you).

Yeah the non-Iranian one got less votes but they ran a really smart strategic campaign from what I read.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 7, 2021

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

...has Q been a bird this whole time?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

This loving idiot has been doing this for 6 years and no one's sued the gently caress out of him? What the poo poo

They probably settled with this kid:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/arts/music/travis-scott-sued-concert-injury.html

This piece of poo poo needs to be behind bars.

Jesus christ - hard to watch that stuff knowing where it lead. What a loving idiot.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Best Friends posted:

I am not really following the rules or standards. Am I, a healthy guy who does not work with the public, allowed to get the booster? Is it still restricted to people with special needs or risk factors, or is that by state?

The Gov of CO has blanket declared that living in Colorado constitutes risk factors sufficient to get a booster so everybody should go get one. So at this point I think the bar for risk factors is pretty generous.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That all seems unnecessarily convoluted. Why not just strap an anti tank missile to a drone like we do when we want to assassinate someone?

Because that would require giving up deniability, and makes the hit traceable back to specific. COTS products and modified munitions are much, MUCH cheaper, and add not only plausible deniability, but the ability to do the attack from uncontrolled/denied airspace

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Notahippie posted:

The Gov of CO has blanket declared that living in Colorado constitutes risk factors sufficient to get a booster so everybody should go get one. So at this point I think the bar for risk factors is pretty generous.

Well poo poo, no wonder I can't find a list of who gets it. Guess I'll register for a booster for my next blood draw

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Madurai posted:

...has Q been a bird this whole time?

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/wise-shitashi/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Notahippie posted:

Between the Denver smog, the Bladerunner set in Commerce City, the wildfire smoke, and the Purina factory I'd say that checks out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The plague lands of the SLV are only something like 35% vaccinated, so I'll be getting my booster soon, probably moderna because I got J&J back in april.

Rent's loving cheap though, paying less than $900 for a 2 bed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
e: not the GDT what the hell.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The plague lands of the SLV are only something like 35% vaccinated, so I'll be getting my booster soon, probably moderna because I got J&J back in april.

Rent's loving cheap though, paying less than $900 for a 2 bed.

You can always just say you've never had it and get the full set. I've know a few JJ people whose done that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah the non-Iranian one got less votes but they ran a really smart strategic campaign from what I read.

truly, we brought democracy to Iraq

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

truly, we brought democracy to Iraq
Haha god drat I guess we did.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Notahippie posted:

My HMO (Kaiser) has done something pretty close to this. They have a list of potential aggravating factors for COVID that are so broadly defined basically everyone who's had the vaccine already qualifies for them and their appointment system doesn't even ask you to name any reason for getting a booster, just if you qualify or not.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also let’s not forget smoking qualifies a ton of places and I think the federal one too and no one‘s gonna ask for proof of that, plus I think past use also works.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Guys we've all enlisted everyone knows how to fib a form to get their benefits.

Jesus.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1457410772666044417

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Moderna Booster trip report.

Got it last evening in the CVS in the Target by my house. They had a lot of open spots. I got a little drowsy and today my arm is surprisingly sore. I also got the flu shot with it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I've had cold-like symptoms since getting my moderna booster on friday, might be unelated though. Stuffy nose and a bit of a sinus headache.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Alec Baldwin continues to just absolutely suck:

https://twitter.com/EntInsider/status/1457713040623902722

"Yes, let's introduce cops into ANOTHER place where they didn't belong previously. No, of course the issue isn't that I used an inexperienced scab armorer after the IATSE members on set walked off because of egregious safety issues; clearly, we need more police to make sure I don't kill someone again."

God, seriously, gently caress this guy. I hope there aren't any dogs on set of his next film if he gets his way.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

"Yes, let's introduce cops into ANOTHER place where they didn't belong previously. No, of course the issue isn't that I used an inexperienced scab armorer after the IATSE members on set walked off because of egregious safety issues; clearly, we need more police to make sure I don't kill someone again."

God, seriously, gently caress this guy. I hope there aren't any dogs on set of his next film if he gets his way.

This is even worse the dumber-than-poo poo hot takes saying that "oh we should have a veteran on set, only military vets are safe enough / know enough about weapons to be safe." :downs:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

This is even worse the dumber-than-poo poo hot takes saying that "oh we should have a veteran on set, only military vets are safe enough / know enough about weapons to be safe." :downs:

If there were a cop on set the death toll would be higher, so maybe anti-gun boy there should just retire since is too senile to think

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Wait I thought the inexperienced armorer was one of the causes of the safety concerns that caused the IATSE walk off. There was another armorer??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This pairs well with what I was just about to post.

This is some of the most tremendous douche energy that doesn't involve wrap around sun glasses.