Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Her Dryer posted:

But the 2015 Rumble remains the nadir. I have no idea in retrospect why I kept watching after that.

lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(2015)#Aftermath

i dont remember it being that bad but that was also six years ago

Cavauro posted:

I last had a cat when i was a child 20 years ago

what was its name and what color was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gray and white cat (equal parts) named kitty man but also named "D.W." by my hick friend and my father used that name instead of my name, kitty man. i found out one day that D.W. was a nascar driver. reminds me of the thread on this site where the title of the thread w

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
kitty man is a good name for a cat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that cat did that little noise that mom and baby cats have with each other, to me, and i did it as well. just found out all cats do it for various reasons. sorry

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there is no need to apologize

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE announced a house show date for my city in January. I really don’t want to support this company but it’s my only opportunity to see live wrestling without having to travel. On the other hand, there’s only a handful people on the roster I’d actually care to see live at this point.

If it helps, you would not be buying a ticket to see pro wrestling, but trash. Do you want to sit in a virus incubator and watch trash?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

If it helps, you would not be buying a ticket to see pro wrestling, but trash. Do you want to sit in a virus incubator and watch trash?

It's one thing to go to a WWE house show, like, if you really want to it is your money. But during a pandemic and the height of flu season, I need a really good reason to sit in an arena with a bunch of people. If the show is going to be an awesome can't miss event, sure. I have confidence in the vaccine and flu shots. If it's to see something where the absolute best chance is it is a mildly amusing show of no consequence: pass.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Y'know, it's funny. I genuinely do not remember why I stopped watching WWE. I remember the message I put in the "why are you cancelling" line for the Network -- "because your product is worse than your politics and I cannot support either anymore" -- but not what broke me.

By using external sources and comparing what I remembered, I know it was some time in 2019, during the Corbin Ascendancy and the Rusev/Lana/Lashley cuck angle, and I saw and hated Shorty G, and it was after Kofi won the championship, and I'm sure I didn't watch Rollins/Fiend at HiaC but I remember the reactions to that, so maybe I was in the "lapsing but not totally gone" phase then? All the various Lesnar and Goldberg poo poo has completely blurred together in my brain, it could be any of that.

Maybe it wasn't any one thing, just one final bad Raw that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I saw this clip from the Brock v Everybody Rumble from a couple years ago being shared around again.

https://twitter.com/chandrantheman/status/1457772927969939458?s=21

Brock’s unscripted reaction to seeing Keith Lee for the first time, just sizing him up and asking Heyman “who’s this big fucker?” was more than anyone else did to put over Lee in his entire time on the main roster.

You could have called him up and strapped a rocket to him the next day on Raw if you had even a crumb of good booking sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I fully quit Raw and Smackdown once AEW started running shows and I had a better option for major Western wrestling

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

I saw this clip from the Brock v Everybody Rumble from a couple years ago being shared around again.

Brock’s unscripted reaction to seeing Keith Lee for the first time, just sizing him up and asking Heyman “who’s this big fucker?” was more than anyone else did to put over Lee in his entire time on the main roster.

You could have called him up and strapped a rocket to him the next day on Raw if you had even a crumb of good booking sense.

Completely agreed, you gotta go out of your way to gently caress up Keith Lee's rise and WWE went out of their way to make sure that happened.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

WWE waifu series went in an unexpected series

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

My downturn started at the Wrestlemania with Nak/Asuka because I was so embarrassed by the show- especially after talking up to my friends how good Nakamure v Styles was sure to be. I stopped inviting people over for Mania after that.

I dont remember which event it was that did it but I do remember canceling my network sub with the reason, “Roman Reigns.” I wasnt watching the tv shows by that point either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tweak posted:

My downturn started at the Wrestlemania with Nak/Asuka because I was so embarrassed by the show- especially after talking up to my friends how good Nakamure v Styles was sure to be. I stopped inviting people over for Mania after that.

I dont remember which event it was that did it but I do remember canceling my network sub with the reason, “Roman Reigns.” I wasnt watching the tv shows by that point either.

I canceled in 2016 and listed my reason as "push Roman Reigns" and thankfully they listened to me.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Dacap posted:

lol this was such a potentially star-making moment, also the powerbomb/pop at survivor series 2019 was tremendous:

https://twitter.com/RElGNSSECTION/status/1456415854850199558

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

What a killer loving powerbomb, he just effortlessly tosses Roman up like he’s Marko Stunt

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 8, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1457811671544733702?s=20

Bearcat Keith making it clear WWE didn't pay for his hospital stay

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
is it still ok to say Keith Lee writes like a sentient fedora now that he's not in WWE anymore

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Shawn Michaels did a trans angle in Smackdown vs Raw 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdmcGIedXo

Tried the 2k originals showcases in 2k20 since the whole deluxe edition was 5 bucks, they make the video above look like loving Lord of the Rings.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

X JAKK posted:

Shawn Michaels did a trans angle in Smackdown vs Raw 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdmcGIedXo

Tried the 2k originals showcases in 2k20 since the whole deluxe edition was 5 bucks, they make the video above look like loving Lord of the Rings.

I can't believe they had them read those lines...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Tweak posted:

I'm sure I've said this before, but I was there live and Asuka getting on the mic and praising Charlotte just sucked the life out of the rest of the show for me. I still can't believe there were folks on here who thought tapping clean would lead to big things for her.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

is it still ok to say Keith Lee writes like a sentient fedora now that he's not in WWE anymore

It's a bit weird but at least it makes him unique so naturally WWE told him to shut up and growl like a kitten instead

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He writes like a 15 year old trying to convince the internet he's actually 30, it's unbearable. Still love the guy tho

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dacap posted:

What a killer loving powerbomb, he just effortlessly tosses Roman up like he’s Marko Stunt
And in a few months he'll be doing that to the real Marko Stunt :D

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it would own if he got in the ring and cut a Niles Crane promo on someone then destroyed them

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Keith Lee writes like Confident Cousin Greg

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

'tis okay m'poster

bartok
May 10, 2006

It took the WWE not cancelling that second KSA show and welcoming Hogan back with open arms for me to quit watching WWE forever. I remember when I went to cancel the network they had removed the option to tell them why you quit.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He's still nowhere near Jason Whitlock in this category

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
RAW Preview!

quote:

Kevin Owens gets Seth Rollins one-on-one tonight
The rivalry between Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins is about to be reignited!

The Visionary made his presence felt during Owens’ main event bout against WWE Champion Big E, and it quickly backfired for KO.

After Owens regretfully tried to capitalize on Rollins’ attack on Big E and still came up short, KO set his sights on trying to teach Rollins a lesson tonight.

Was Owens' apology to Big E sincere following the miscommunication? Will KO successfully take out his frustrations on Rollins?

Whenever fightful posts the full one I post it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

RAW Preview!

Whenever fightful posts the full one I post it.

So... what happened? Seth inferfered in a match on Owens' behalf, which somehow backfired, and but then Owens couldn't get the job done anyway, so Owens is mad at Seth?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

1glitch0 posted:

So... what happened? Seth inferfered in a match on Owens' behalf, which somehow backfired, and but then Owens couldn't get the job done anyway, so Owens is mad at Seth?

KO said to E earlier in the night when they set the match that he was a clean fighter and wouldn't take advantage if Seth got involved. Then when Seth got involved Owens did try to take advantage. Big E eventually won and Kevin tried to explain that he wasn't aware of Seth's attack (he did have his back turned when Seth attacked E on the apron but it was hard not to tell what was going on) then Big E hit him with his finisher because he thinks Owens is a liar.

So presumably this is "See Big E? I'm gonna beat up this dude because I'm telling you the truth and I will punish the man that hurt you!" or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Digital Jedi posted:

The Visionary made his presence felt during Owens’ main event bout against WWE Champion Big E, and it quickly backfired for KO.

After Owens regretfully tried to capitalize on Rollins’ attack on Big E and still came up short, KO set his sights on trying to teach Rollins a lesson tonight.
I literally cannot parse this as making sense. Presumably The Visionary is Rollins, since there are three characters here and the other two are accounted for. How can an action taken by Rollins backfire on KO? Did he instigate it? It needs to be something he did, otherwise it can't backfire on him, that's what the word means.

How and why do you "regretfully capitalize" on an attack? If you didn't want to capitalize on it, couldn't you just... not? Was Owens forced into capitalizing somehow? If what happened here is "Rollins attacked E for whatever reason but Owens lost anyway", how is that a backfire for Owens? He suffered no more consequences than he would have done otherwise; a match loss.

Why is Owens trying to teach Rollins a lesson for attacking Big E? That's an action that a reasonable person would assume would help Owens. Is the lesson "don't help me"? Is it "help me better so I can actualy win"? Why isn't Big E mad about being attacked?

Is this what Lovecraft protagonists feel like when they see giant octopuses and/or mixed-race couples?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Astro7x posted:

It's a shame that you still feel the need to revisit the thread and see the train wreck.

When will I stop caring that much? I reached that point with TNA/Impact, so it can happen.

i had actually stopped coming to PSP altogether for a while. i only came back in the past month or so when i realized that wrestling was actually good now and we could talk about good wrestling on TV.

also making fun of things i don't like makes me feel better

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Oh thank God, it's not just me

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So Kevin Owens tried to cheat and lost anyway like a big dumb idiot loser and he's mad at Seth for some reason and whose the babyface here???

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Drakkel posted:

So Kevin Owens tried to cheat and lost anyway like a big dumb idiot loser and he's mad at Seth for some reason and whose the babyface here???

At this point Big E is the babyface, KO is claiming to be babyface but is viewed with suspicion and Seth is the Heel.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
I think for me it was after Mania 32 and realizing that most regular PPVs were shorter than Raw, then finally giving into overall nihilism in the product. In trying to make moments constantly, nothing felt important.

The last gasp was Dynamite starting, and the response being to smash Kofi and kick him back to the midcard, put their lot in with Tyson Fury and Cain Velasquez, and reverting right back to the company it'd been in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

bartok posted:

It took the WWE not cancelling that second KSA show and welcoming Hogan back with open arms for me to quit watching WWE forever. I remember when I went to cancel the network they had removed the option to tell them why you quit.

This exactly what happened with us right down to the missing option. I feel like we’ve done this before.