Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Excuse me, the United States Constitution, where the SA servers are based,

Well, at least we can agree that the servers are based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hawowanlawow posted:

loving around while playing board games or card games does pretty much ruin the game. I'm ambivalent about the pub trivia, and don't give a poo poo about the charity race

some people definitely do that because they didn't want to play the game, so they undermine it to manipulate the situation. it's frustrating because even if it's obvious that's what they're doing, you can't really call them out on it without looking like a prick.

I don't think op's girlfriend is doing this, but in my experience, they're just getting rid of distractions from what they really want to do: get shitfaced drunk

Yeah it sounds like the solution here is stop insisting your girlfriend share all your hobbies

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for getting frustrated my girlfriend doesn't take activities seriously at all?

He’s the straight laced guy and she’s the manic pixie dream girl in a romcom

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

loving around while playing board games or card games does pretty much ruin the game. I'm ambivalent about the pub trivia, and don't give a poo poo about the charity race

some people definitely do that because they didn't want to play the game, so they undermine it to manipulate the situation. it's frustrating because even if it's obvious that's what they're doing, you can't really call them out on it without looking like a prick.

I don't think op's girlfriend is doing this, but in my experience, they're just getting rid of distractions from what they really want to do: get shitfaced drunk

maybe i'm reading too much into how insufferable the OP is but it sounds like it was probably a good faith attempt by someone inexperienced at gaming. she was still engaging with the game's scoring mechanisms and just latched onto a suboptimal one. yes, if you're playing a really competitive tryhard game having a newbie stumbling around does throw things out of whack but you kind of dial your expectations in based on that when you invite a newbie to play

and maybe pick a more casual game to enjoy with them, like... settlers of catan

edit: also, he doesn't say that she was just building pointlessly long roads, he says that she "kept on trying to build the longest road" which suggests someone was competing with her. i choose to believe it was him and he's 100% mad that he let himself get drawn into a fruitless game of oneupsmanship and blames her for costing him points he feels he deserved instead of choosing to invest his resources elsewhere

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 9, 2021

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

poisonpill posted:

He’s the straight laced guy and she’s the manic pixie dream girl in a romcom

Dammit, you beat me to it.

OP got his MPDG and he can't HANDLE THE WHIMSY.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

quote:

What do you do when you find out that someone you love more than anything in the world actually has some bad qualities?

I was orphaned at 8, and my paternal grandparents took me in. They’ve raised me with the utmost love and care anyone could ask for, and I’m not lying when I say that they’d readily die for me - but most parents/grandparents are like that so you all know what I’m talking about.

I’ve always looked up to them, and they’ve always set the very best examples for me; I’ve never ever seen either of them be unkind to a single soul, and they’ve always taught me to be that way too.

Recently though, I received the shock of my life when I saw their reaction to seeing my boyfriend (let’s call him Sam) for the first time (who happens to be black). I’ve never pegged them for racist people, and it was honestly unexpected. They tried to hide it but I could see it on their faces, that they didn’t approve.

Since then they’ve just never liked the guy, and have always been like really nit-picky about him, criticising him about the smallest of things, always judging every single thing he says and does very harshly etc. I’ve tried time and again to convince them that he’s a really good guy, that he loves me and cares about me but to no avail.

Well, he proposed to me, and it was the happiest moment of my life. When I told my grandparents though, it was clear they were upset. This time, unlike before, they didn’t make excuses about why they didn’t like him and just straight up confessed to having a problem with his race.

At first I was incredibly pissed off, but I tried to reason with them and get to the bottom of why they felt this way. They think all black people are really similar to the way they’re portrayed in racist stereotypes. This is all despite the fact that he’s nothing like the racist stereotypes portray black people. He’s a college educated, well dressed, well spoken man with a good job and a decent salary. This doesn’t sway them.

Another thing that really confuses me is my mom, who was Asian. They were apparently not only okay with their son marrying an Asian woman, they loved her like she was their own daughter. They’re also really good friends with my maternal grandparents, who are from Korea/Singapore. When my maternal grandparents found out, they weren’t too happy either, and they were actually much more direct about it compared to my paternal grandparents.

I honestly don’t know what to do. Myboyfriend fiancé has always sorta known that my grandparents didn’t really like him, but he doesn’t suspect that it’s because of his race.

My friends have all unanimously sided against my grandparents and said stuff like “they don’t get to dictate what you do with your life; tell them to either accept it or you’ll cut them off permanently; just cut them off they’re toxic people” etc.

While my grandparents are definitely in the wrong about all this, I can’t even begin to fathom cutting them out of my life. They gave everything they had and more to raise me and give me the best life they could. They’re the reason I am who I am today; they were always there for me, took care of my every need and always put me above themselves. How can I just abandon them like this? After everything they’ve done for me?

On the other hand I can’t imagine losing Sam either.

What do I do?

P.S I gave my maternal grandparents an earful, and told them straight up that they had no right to say the kind of stuff they said about Sam, and that it was extremely rude. They tried to say stuff like “we only want what’s best for you” etc, but I shut that poo poo down, and told them I won’t speak to them again unless they treat him with respect.
[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

quote:

Hey guys, thanks for all your responses on my previous post.

It was all really good advice, but the very best out of it all was the suggestion that I come clean to Sam. I did that, and he reacted in a surprisingly calm manner. I asked him how he’s taking it so well and he told me he’s experienced something similar before.

His cousin had come out as gay a few years back, and he told me how his own grandparents reacted very poorly to his cousins revelation. He told me they absolutely refused to acknowledge the fact that he was gay and said some pretty hurtful stuff along the lines of how his homosexuality would embarrass them in front of all their family and friends etc. They wouldn’t allow the cousin to bring his boyfriend to family gatherings, and threatened to cut him out out of their inheritance unless he “got his head straight”.

He then showed me pictures of his grandparents laughing along with his cousins husband, pictures of them at his cousins wedding etc. He told me they eventually grew out of it and as they go to know him they really bonded with the guy.

Sam joked that he wouldn’t give my grandparents a choice and that within a month they’d be in love with him.

Well I think it’s working. Sam and I have dinner at my grandparents house every night, and each night I notice them more and more at ease and more avidly taking part in our conversations. Sam and my grandpa are both WW2 enthusiasts, and my grandpa absolutely loves having discussions on the subject with Sam.

I decided to update this post because last night something very special happened. I got there before Sam, and I could see the disappointment on their faces when they thought I had come alone. They asked where Sam was, when he was coming etc. Then they said we wouldn’t start eating until he arrived.

I’m just so incredibly happy that I get to keep both relationships.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

hawowanlawow posted:

The board/video game thing depends entirely on who you’re playing with. I play to compete, which means I’ll gently caress around if I’m way ahead or way behind, and the crowds I play with are cool with this. Dicking around from the word go if no one else is on board with that is an rear end move, and the solution there is indeed to discuss expectations and not sharing that hobby if it’s not gonna be fun for all parties.

The bar trivia is the inverse, here the established group dynamic is to dick around rather than go for the prize, and insisting that no one else have fun is exactly as much of an rear end in a top hat move as the opposite.

The charity bike thing is a “no one should care” scenario, which makes the OP the rear end in a top hat by default.

OP is definitely the rear end in a top hat, girlfriend may have made a good faith attempt at sharing his hobbies and found they don’t work for her; I don’t think we can say for sure.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for getting frustrated my girlfriend doesn't take activities seriously at all?

my guess is that the girlfriend once beat him at settlers or something and he had a colossal shitbaby freakout about it, so now she makes a point of not even trying to compete

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

My (44 m) daughters (19 & 17 f) resent their mother and don’t want a relationship with her. My ex (42 f) thinks I should fix this.

quote:

My ex wife and I have been divorced for a year now. Our marriage ended because of her infidelity with male coworker of hers. Her excuse for the affair was that she had gotten bored and unhappy in our marriage. I had some serious health problems about three years ago that effected my ability to perform in the bedroom. I was also extremely depressed because I was unable to work, to have a sexual relationship with my wife and because there were times when I wasn’t even sure I was going to be able to see my daughters grow up.

My ex wife’s solution to this was to start sleeping with one of her coworkers who was also married. All this went in while I was still sick and I had no idea it was happening. Unfortunately for my ex she forgot that all her text messages also went to her iPad and my youngest daughter saw a text from this man pop up on it while she was playing a game on her mom’s tablet.

She immediately went to my oldest daughter and the two of them read all of their mother’s conversations with this man. They screen shotted everything, texted the screenshots to themselves then saved the screenshots to the camera rolls on their phones. Then they deleted the texts between their mothers number and their own so she wouldn’t know what they had been up to.

My oldest came to me a few days after this happened and broke down crying while she told me all of this. I looked at the screenshots and knew right then and there that my marriage was over. I waited a few days and sent my girls to my sister’s house so I could confront their mother.

At first she denied everything until I showed her the texts. She broke down and admitted everything but she cried and begged me to forgive her and to try to save our marriage. I considered it for the girls’ sake but knew I could never trust her again. So I ended up filing for divorce.

We finalized our divorce last year and since then my daughters have not wanted a relationship with their mother. They both have hard feelings toward her about the divorce and her cheating. My oldest is an adult and she simply refuses to have any contact with her mother at all.

My youngest is still a minor so she’s supposed to spend weekends with her mom but she gives her mother headaches the whole time. My ex says she’s rude, ignores her and sits on her phone the whole time she’s there. I am at a loss as to how to deal with this. I think my girl’s feelings are valid but I’d also hate for them to continue in life without their mother.

It all came to a head last night when my youngest was supposed to return to her mom’s place by 10 pm after being out with friends. She came in at midnight and I guess they argued about it. At one point my daughter said “Look at the whore telling me how to behave.” I realize this is really harsh language for her to use towards her mother.

I have never referred to their mother by that term when talking about her to them. I will admit that during one of our really bad arguments before she moved out of our house I did call her that. I was in a bad place at the time and hated her more than anything the world at the time. Neither of our girls was home at the time this happened. I do regret saying that to her.

So today my ex called me and told me this happened. She thinks I can “fix” things between her and our girls. She asked me how long she’s going to be punished for her mistake. I told her I have no idea. The girls feel the way they do and I suggested maybe they need to talk to somebody about it.

My ex then asked if we could all sit down and talk about this. I told her our oldest has repeatedly told me she does not want to speak to her right now. She suggested that I should invite the girls to dinner and not tell them their mom is going to be there. I refused this flat out. I can’t think of anything that would ruin the trust between me and my daughters.

My ex then tried to blame me for the divorce! She said she wanted to save our marriage and I was the one who wanted the divorce. To her way of thinking it was me who quit on the marriage and so the girls should be just as angry with me. This just flat out pissed me off so once again I told my ex off and reminded her it was her actions that destroyed our family. Her decisions that did it.

I am at a total loss as to how to proceed here. I know it was wrong for my daughter to say what she said to her mom but I feel that her anger is justified. My oldest is an adult and there’s not much I can do to make her talk to her mom.

TL;DR: My daughters both resent their mom after our divorce. She wants me to do something to fix the problems but I don’t really feel there’s much I can do.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Daaamn :iceburn:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Scaevolus posted:

My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

I feel like a lot of racists are just racists because they don't regularly interact with people of the races they "don't like", and this is a good example of that. Presuppositions and fearmongering for a group of people you have little experience with, reinforced by purposeful media.

The fiancé here is superhumanly patient and gracious here, and goes well beyond what he should have to. It is equally acceptable to defenestrate racists as it is to rehabilitate them.

quote:

I am at a total loss as to how to proceed here. I know it was wrong for my daughter to say what she said to her mom but I feel that her anger is justified.

Explain to your kids that you think they should be open to having a relationship with their mom in the future, that you want that for them, and then wash your hands of it.

But like, it's 100000% her own fault. Dunno why this dude is torturing himself over this when his daughters are, in fact, doing the right thing by excising someone who deeply hurt someone they love, even if that person is also someone they love.

If your brother punched your other brother, or stole a large sum of money from him (unless you're theflyingexecutive), wouldn't you similarly cut them out? How is cheating different? It's a terrible abuse of a person you're in a relationship with and deserves to be dealt with accordingly.

spouse fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 9, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Scaevolus posted:

My (44 m) daughters (19 & 17 f) resent their mother and don’t want a relationship with her. My ex (42 f) thinks I should fix this.

Kind of wonder if the ex was one of those strict holier then thou people because both daughters completely cutting her off like that seems extreme even for a lovely infidelity divorce situation. There's nothing like the justified fury at someone who masquerades as a pillar of moral integrity getting caught out as a complete shitbag.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
wahhhhhh my girlfriend won't take the time to learn Warhammer 40k 8e. she's embarrassing me in front of my friendssss!

ahahahahahahaha

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

pentyne posted:

Kind of wonder if the ex was one of those strict holier then thou people because both daughters completely cutting her off like that seems extreme even for a lovely infidelity divorce situation. There's nothing like the justified fury at someone who masquerades as a pillar of moral integrity getting caught out as a complete shitbag.

They basically caught her in the act, and I'm sure those text messages weren't restricted to PG-13 areas.

That's a whole extra level of trauma compared to a normal "Daddy left Mommy because Mommy was a cheater" situation. Those kids need some serious therapy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kntfkr posted:

wahhhhhh my girlfriend won't take the time to learn Warhammer 40k 8e. she's embarrassing me in front of my friendssss!

ahahahahahahaha

The last straw was when she brought Warmachine minis to the 40k tournament and called them her "glitter dolls". There's no "Cygnar" in the 40k universe, Nadine!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mom owned herself by not buying her daughter a tablet

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My wife played a single D&D murder mystery scenario (and won!) over a decade ago and to this day I'm still proud of her and grateful she did something she didn't care about to be with me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Scaevolus posted:

spouse posted:

I feel like a lot of racists are just racists because they don't regularly interact with people of the races they "don't like", and this is a good example of that. Presuppositions and fearmongering for a group of people you have little experience with, reinforced by purposeful media.

The fiancé here is superhumanly patient and gracious here, and goes well beyond what he should have to. It is equally acceptable to defenestrate racists as it is to rehabilitate them.

This all sounds lovely but I'm pretty sure they haven't changed their minds about black people, just that he's "one of the good ones"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Batterypowered7 posted:

The last straw was when she brought Warmachine minis to the 40k tournament and called them her "glitter dolls". There's no "Cygnar" in the 40k universe, Nadine!

:roflolmao:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

pentyne posted:

Some friends of ours just got a divorce over the wife's cheating and their daughters both did the same thing. It's been 2 years and they HATE their mother still.

She wasn't holier than thou about morals at all, but she is pretty mercenary (left the husband to find a "richer" husband).

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Pete origin story lookin p lit

My girlfriend and my guy best friend going on a trip alone.

quote:

So this upcoming summer, my guy best friend and my girlfriend of almost 2 years is going on a trip that I wasn’t invited. They will be gone for 3 weeks and just them 2 are going together. They are planning on sharing a room together with separate beds. My girlfriend used to like the guy she is going on the trip with. I mean I trust them but should I still be a bit worried? I don’t want to not let them go so I don’t feel bad. If anyone has any advice please let me know!
Update: I forgot to add that she said she wouldn’t let me go on a trip with a girl allow but she is allowed to. I was never planning on one but she shot down any ideas of anything ever happening. Also they were planning the trip right in front of me and didn’t ask me for any advice or if it was ok.
Update 2: I didn’t mention this but it may be useful. She has never acted out like this before. she usually likes stay home and hanging out with me and not planning things out of the blue. So this kind of goes against all other things she has done.
Update 3: They have been friends for a long time so I don’t know. I’m trying to see all of the positives before the negatives if you catch my drift.
Update 4: We all just turned 18 and in our senior year of high school. So this upcoming summer is the last summer we are all gonna be hanging out. Also this is my first ever girlfriend so I don’t want to mess things up. And I don’t know what I’m doing because I have never done this before.
Final update for a while: hey everyone. I wanted to thank you for all of the support you have given me and the advice. It was really helpful to hear all of this. This week I’m gonna sit them both down and talk to them. I will let y’all know what happens and how it turns out. I won’t be updating until the problem gets resolved. But I will still keep commenting to you guys with more info and stuff like that. Thank you everyone for you nice, honest and even brutal words. It all helps. Thank you. See you soon -OP

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gnoman posted:

They basically caught her in the act, and I'm sure those text messages weren't restricted to PG-13 areas.

That's a whole extra level of trauma compared to a normal "Daddy left Mommy because Mommy was a cheater" situation. Those kids need some serious therapy.

Also she was loving around on dad while dad was ill. Being disgusted by her seems pretty reasonable in this situation.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

Also she was loving around on dad while dad was ill. Being disgusted by her seems pretty reasonable in this situation.

His wife is Newt Gingrich?!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

teen witch posted:

soda chat:

American sodas that own: regular barqs root beer gently caress I’ll take any loving root beer rn, Surge (RIP), Mt Dew midnight black, Pepsi blue, sprite remix, Polar orange dry (hot take: better than orangina), Mr. Pibb if I’m feeling esoteric, Moxie, Penn Dutch Birch Beer, Faygo Rockin Red

Swedish sodas that own: Trocadero (OG owns but zero is passable), Pepsi Max (every flavor except the syrupy Mango one ew), Cuba Cola, Vanilla Coke Zero (the cinnamon one owns too, mango and strawb suck, lemon…eh), Irn Bru (occasionally I can find it here but it’s SO good)

Got some good news for you friend, they started making Surge again 😘

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Got some good news for you friend, they started making Surge again 😘

I know Norway has Urge which I should look into but is Surge back in the US? Might track some down when visiting momwitch

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Momwitch sounds like a quaint town in the English countryside.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

Momwitch sounds like a quaint town in the English countryside.

No, that's Mumwitch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Batterypowered7 posted:

No, that's Mumwitch.

Mumwitch, Mumwitchingham, Mumwitchinghamshire

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

teen witch posted:

I know Norway has Urge which I should look into but is Surge back in the US? Might track some down when visiting momwitch

It is indeed! It's odd because it's handled more like a "boutique" Coca Cola product so it's made in smaller batches and can be trickier to find. Lmk if you can't find it when you come next and I can mail some to you

Edit: per Coke, they are temporarily discontinuing it AGAIN here soon so might be hard to find. I will go on a surge hunt this week to try and find some lol

Captain Yossarian fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 9, 2021

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

teen witch posted:

Captain Yossarian posted:

It is indeed! It's odd because it's handled more like a "boutique" Coca Cola product so it's made in smaller batches and can be trickier to find. Lmk if you can't find it when you come next and I can mail some to you

Edit: per Coke, they are temporarily discontinuing it AGAIN here soon so might be hard to find. I will go on a surge hunt this week to try and find some lol

IDK about cans or bottles but Burger King sells Surge in fountains.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Complete with the screaming?

a toddler is never not screaming

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i just want a can of OK soda

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

spouse posted:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Large Testicles posted:

IDK about cans or bottles but Burger King sells Surge in fountains.

They used to on the original run here but none of the BKs by me allow in person eating right now and all stuck with Mellow Yellow anyway 😤😤😤

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

the holy poopacy posted:

In similar stories it seems like it usually emerges that the "bygones be bygones" kids got slipped some hush money by the thief. Wonder if she's got thrown a few grand and is keeping quiet about it because she doesn't want to come under fire from her brother.
My favourite recent one was "My religious family disowned my gay brother. After he died we decided to defraud his partner of his rightful inheritance. Now this is coming back on us and I don't know why!"

Soysaucebeast posted:

Exactly. The real winning move is to die completely destitute and leave no inheritance behind! That's what both my parents did and it made everything pain free! Actually, it still managed to be a nightmare. I have relatives I've never even met coming out of the woodwork trying to get some of my mom's ashes and they don't take "she wanted them spread at X location" as an acceptable answer.
Have you tried explaining to your relatives that human remains aren't Pogs? You probably have.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 9, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Halloween Jack posted:

My favourite recent one was "My religious family disowned my gay brother. After he died we decided to defraud his partner of his rightful inheritance. Now this is coming back on us and I don't know why!"

That one was a real doozy. IIRC the number involved was nearly a million dollars and they got it by pressuring the executor to violate her fiduciary duty. Then got all confused as to how the brother's longtime partner had a copy of the will.

I hope the reason it's never been updated is that the whole family is now living under an overpass with no internet access

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

haveblue posted:

That one was a real doozy. IIRC the number involved was nearly a million dollars and they got it by pressuring the executor to violate her fiduciary duty. Then got all confused as to how the brother's longtime partner had a copy of the will.

I hope the reason it's never been updated is that the whole family is now living under an overpass with no internet access

I spent some time trying to find it in MA probate court records and failed miserably as that's not something I know how to do...

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Halloween Jack posted:

Have you tried explaining to your relatives that human remains aren't Pogs? You probably have.

Give us a link

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

hawowanlawow posted:

loving around while playing board games or card games does pretty much ruin the game. I'm ambivalent about the pub trivia, and don't give a poo poo about the charity race.
Several people in the comments say that "build the longest road" is in fact a known winning Catan strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Well this is a poo poo show.

My (27F) friend (36F) sold all her husband's (57M) precious metal and almost her parent's car for her side-GF (28F).

quote:

My 36F Friend, her 57M husband, and 28F side-GF will be called Boblina, Bob and SGF, respectively.

TLDR:My married friend, Boblina met SGF via their mutual friend and fell in love with her. Boblina ended up being controlled by SGF and stole her husband's jewelry and gold to give to SGF. Almost sold her parent's car as well.

I have known Boblina for over 8 years since my senior year of high school. We fell out of touch for a few years when I went to uni/college. I bumped into her a couple times here and there, said hi; but we never really messaged or talked to each other. We eventually reconnected in 2017 when she asked me to be her bridesmaid. I was flabbergasted when she asked me so I gave her a yes without thinking twice. That's how I met Bob at the engagement party for the first time and I was also taken back due to their age gap. Age aside, Bob turned out to be a funny, friendly and outgoing guy.

She married Bob in Fall 2018.

Over the last few years, Boblina spent her weekdays from 6 AM - 5 PM at work and her remaining evening with her parents at their place, without Bob. Her weekend would be spent at the hotel with her mother or I, again without Bob. She would go home on Sundays for fresh laundry and leave for the week. This has been her itinerary since her marriage.

Throughout the relationship, I knew Boblina wasn't exactly faithful to Bob, she was dating around and hooked up with her colleagues. That aside, Boblina is a very nice girl but she was hurt by her exBFs far too many times. A few months ago, Boblina told me she met SGF at a party thru her friend/colleague and fell in love at first sight with her. This was when I knew she would get fu**ed over by SGF. (PS. SGF has a 1 year old with her ex boyfriend)

I've asked Boblina to introduce SGF so I can gauge who she was and how genuine she was. SGF would almost never want to meet me, lol.. Boblina eventually gave me excuses saying she will when the time is right. Ever since Boblina met SGF, we haven't seen each other for months and I would hear stories from her family about how much Boblina has changed. According to Boblina's older sister (Bobbie), Boblina would leave in the middle of family dinner to deliver and drop off medication and food to SGF and return back to her dinner. Keep in mind, SGF lived 30 minutes away from Boblina. Boblina was basically on-call for SGF.

Bob did not know any of this was happening. Boblina's parents didn't think twice who SGF was to Boblina and thought she was only a good friend, like how I was with Boblina. Bobbie started becoming skeptical and asked me what was going on with Boblina and SGF. I hesitated but I thought it was the best thing to do, so I told Bobbie everything. She was surprised and not surprised at the same time. She told me the only thing we can really do was to let Boblina do her thing and she will learn from the lesson when she gets into trouble. Boblina wasn't the type to listen to anyone. She always did whatever she wanted to do.

This conversation happened a few months ago.

Fast forward to present time. I got a text from Bobbie asking if I was with Boblina last night. I said no, and asked why? So apparently Boblina said she was with me last night and her family found out she stole and sold all of Bob's gold and family heirloom and her designer bags and jewelry for SGF. Boblina also tried to steal her parent's car to sell it.

I am meeting up with Boblina tonight for dinner. Boblina doesn't know I know about her situation. I know, there's not much I can really do. As a friend, what can I do to help her?

PS. Don't mind my poor grammar. I really hate writing.

Formatting OP's.