Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Kuros posted:

I mean, per the post if she's constantly talking about it then I understand buying it for her.

Yeah she talked about how much she wanted that Jeep and then immediately throws it back in her husband's face once he gets her one. She's the rear end in a top hat even ignoring that she wants a stupid loving Tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well turns out, MILs friend had been telling my kids that they were her babies, and when they protested saying they werent , she would yell at them saying that I was just their money maker and that she was their real mommy.

:stonklol:

What the absolute gently caress? And the Grandmother is okay with this?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

a tesla SUV

I want to say this is a comedy post because there is no way that exists, but I know that would just inspire someone to post pictures of the tesla SUV and I don't want that.
They absolutely exist.

A quick Google search also brings up a US News article stating that the Tesla SUV is “far and away the highest base price in the luxury hybrid and electric SUV class.”

Not exactly the same thing as the used Jeep she was in love with for months.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

a tesla SUV

I want to say this is a comedy post because there is no way that exists, but I know that would just inspire someone to post pictures of the tesla SUV and I don't want that.

The model Y is a crossover SUV, aka a slightly bigger hatchback.

Edit: I guess the X is a crossover too. Half of their line is comprised of SUVs.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 9, 2021

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA after no longer allowing my mother in laws friend to baby sit my children after she started calling them her babies?

quote:

My husband and I tried to calm her down, but after a bit we just hung up. I received a photo of MIL friend crying on MIL couch later that night.

what the gently caress kinda myspace circa 2006 guilt trip tomfoolery is this

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA after no longer allowing my mother in laws friend to baby sit my children after she started calling them her babies?

quote:

quote on quote

Oh my loving god. That one broke my brain.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"quote on quote" is the thing that angers me the most about this

yeah, i know, i'm hosed up

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

comforthawk posted:

what the gently caress kinda myspace circa 2006 guilt trip tomfoolery is this

The whole story is wtf but yeah also that snippet lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm (F22) getting tired of supporting my unemployed BF (M23).

quote:

I'll try to be short and straight to the point...Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years and living together for a year and a half. Background: We were together since highscool. I went to college and he didn't. We spent 2 years long distance until I graduated. After I graduated, I moved to the city he was staying for us to get our first place. I was able to get a job in my field instantly when I moved (so I wouldn't have to financially depend on him) and he already had a job in retail. We have had our ups and downs but so far things were good till about almost a year ago when he quit his job for being disrespected.

Problem: Since quitting that job, he has had 2 other jobs, both he quit under 2 months for coworker conflicts. He has now not had a job for 4 months and claims there is nothing out there for him that meets what he needs. For the past 2 months I have been paying HIS bills to keep him from missing payments as he has now run out of money. He refuses to work a job that is below a certain pay, not the hours he wants, or seems too stressful. He also sees part time work as a waste of time. He now wants me to apply for jobs for him as he's getting no where. He has now picked up a hobby of MMA and claims he wants to make it a career. I don't agree with this but let him at least have a hobby as he does nothing all day besides that. When the topic of work comes up he gets angry and a conversation goes no where. He doesn't want to go to school as he cannot afford it and really doesn't seem to have many options he's willing to settle for.

He's a sweet guy and I love him very much but it seems long term he might not be reliable. I feel guilty for having these thoughts but it's getting tough to not feel like I'm getting manipulated. It's taking a toll on my attraction to him. I feel like he has no ambition even though he feels bad for not having a job and letting me pay for everything.

We both have a lease together and have a long time till it ends. He has no one to fall back on so I feel bad kicking him out but I'm getting frustrated and exhausted. Should I be patient until he finds a job right for him? If I'm enabling him, what should I do? Am I being shallow for feeling like I can't be with him because of this situation?

TLDR: Boyfriend(23) is unemployed and seems to make no efforts to find a sustainable career. I'm getting exhausted of paying for 2 people. Am I being too harsh?

Getting real Dermott from Venture Bros. vibes from the guy with impossibly high standards who is going to be a professional rear end kicker.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I am forever perplexed by the couples where one brings absolutely nothing and doesn't want to change their manchild ways (I suspect vastly more men than women but social stuff like that gets weird) and the other pays for everything. Maybe I know people where that's the case and they just hide it well or something, Christ. Two months isn't the worst example the thread has presented but still.

Maybe I just have a whole oedipal thing and preferring competent take no bullshit women like the ones who raised me but come the gently caress on. It's like the people who want SOs they can steamroller instead of a partner, I guess. Dicap and all that.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I assume they came from a lovely family where their parent got married out of obligation/tradition and stayed together out of inertia/fear of being alone/decorum. When "family is who you're obliged to be with regardless of how much they suck or you're a bad person" is what you grew up with, it's hard to act in a rational manner.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not giving my BF 50% of my pain/injury settlement after I got in an accident in his car?

quote:

So earlier this month I (21F) was driving my boyfriend's (22M) C5 corvette when someone ran a red light at an intersection and hit me, totaling the car. I was the the driver in the car and had no passengers besides my two dogs. I was not at any fault for this accident, there were several witnesses that the other driver ran their red light and hit me. I was not seriously injured and my dogs were fine, just shaken up. My boyfriend was upset that his car is totaled but was not mad at me, just frustrated with the situation, which I understood. (Also note he knew I was driving his car at the time, and I had permission to do so.) An ambulance was not called and my boyfriend drove me to the hospital afterwards. My injuries, though not serious, include the typical whiplash and shoulder/back pain, contusions, muscle soreness etc. as well as a busted lip that was bleeding pretty badly at the time of the accident. I was prescribed pain medications at the hospital following the accident.

After the insurance claims are filed with both parties my boyfriend informs me we should meet with his attorney for the situation and I agree. Flash forward, and it seems I would be the one receiving money from the settlement, while he receives money from the insurance to compensate for the loss of his vehicle. Knowing insurance can be somewhat stingy with total payouts sometimes, I agree to cover any difference if they do not give him at least XXXXX amount.

Now here is where the argument comes in; My boyfriend feels he should get half, literally 50%, of my individual settlement and here are his reasons why: 1) I was driving his car 2) I got his car in a wreck and now he is without this vehicle (keep in mind he has another vehicle and this has luckily not put him in a bind for transportation) 3) He referred me to the attorney I am using and its "his" attorney.

I understand where he is coming from and already feel horrible I was the one to get the corvette in an accident, but also am upset he is just NOW blaming me when he has already agreed it wasn't my fault for the accident. Also, I don't really agree he should be getting 50% when his car will be covered and basically all he did was be owner of the car and refer me an attorney? I was the one in the accident, and again it's not like I wanted someone to run a red and hit me. On top of compensating the difference, I agreed to give him 40% while I kept 60% of my settlement for him helping me with the situation and letting me use the corvette that day, etc.

However, I know he is not happy with that agreement and he keeps bringing it up. He keeps saying I am the greedy one and he thought we would both be happy with 50% and we would both "take a win" from the accident. It is definitely putting a strain on our relationship, but I just cannot agree to 50%. I feel like he would be trying to take advantage of me in the situation, and to me he feels like the greedy one. Am in the wrong? Should he be getting 50% of the settlement on top of the amount for his car?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

AITA for wanting a fair share of my girlfriend's spine!??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You've come to the right place, we have lots of experts on spine tax

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Scaevolus posted:

My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

quote:

I’ve never ever seen either of them be unkind to a single soul
"Of course, they think only whites have souls."

quote:

I’ve never pegged them for racist people, and it was honestly unexpected.
Oh, bullshit. No one goes from 0 to "I won't let you marry a black guy." There have definitely been other displays of racism, but OP ignored them/was complicit in them because they did not personally inconvenience her.

quote:

This is all despite the fact that he’s nothing like the racist stereotypes portray black people.
"No, no, peepaw, gamgam, he's one of the good ones!"

quote:

Another thing that really confuses me is my mom, who was Asian.
"I don't get it, it's like my racist grandparents only slightly dislike my model minority relatives of one race, yet strongly dislike ones of a different race. Don't all racists hate all races equally?"

At no point does she say she depends on the grandparents for resources so uhhhh she probably doesn't disagree with them as strongly as she seems to think she does.

[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

"Now that they see Sam is one of the good ones, everything is fine!"

quote:

Sam and my grandpa are both WW2 enthusiasts
Which side is your grandpa enthusiastic about?

As someone whose in-laws also hate me for the crime of not being white, this one really rubs me the wrong way. If OP doesn't want to rock the boat because she is no longer being personally inconvenienced by her grandparents' racism, that's one thing, but she should admit that's what's going on, not that Sam, by acting sufficiently like One of the Good Ones, was somehow responsible for her grandparents choosing to treat him normally, because that puts the responsibility to flip racists on the victims of their racism.

Scaevolus posted:

My (44 m) daughters (19 & 17 f) resent their mother and don’t want a relationship with her. My ex (42 f) thinks I should fix this.

What a loving doormat. It's disgusting the daughter is forced to associate with the mother at all. The kids have the right idea; OP needs to tear up the blueprints for his cuck shack and straighten his poo poo out.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 10, 2021

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Piell posted:

AITA for not giving my BF 50% of my pain/injury settlement after I got in an accident in his car?

When she gives it to him he'll ask for more and make up more reasons why he deserves it.

cumshitter posted:

Getting real Dermott from Venture Bros. vibes from the guy with impossibly high standards who is going to be a professional rear end kicker.

Goddamn I love Dermott. I do not love this guy. I knew too many of this guy when I worked in the service industry.

Invisible Clergy posted:

The kids have the right idea; OP needs to tear up the blueprints for his cuck shack

:laffo:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

he's a 22 year old with a corvette AND another car. Either his parents are rich as hell, or he won the lottery. Either way, give him half of your money, marry him, then immediately divorce him for half of his.

tatterhood
Apr 4, 2007

If you look out the window you will see many ruined cities & enduring seas.

Brawnfire posted:

My wife played a single D&D murder mystery scenario (and won!) over a decade ago and to this day I'm still proud of her and grateful she did something she didn't care about to be with me.

it's always really nice to see stuff like this, and as someone who systematically fails at all D&D-related things i'm proud of her too

AITA for responding to a joke my brother made about my wife’s infertility, with a joke about his wife being the breadwinner in his relationship?

quote:

Me, brother, and our wives are in our 30s. And we’ve each been married to each-other for at least 7 years.

My wife really wanted kids, but found out she can’t. It devastated her. And she’s really sensitive about the subject (isn’t interested in adopting btw).

My brother is a househusband, and his wife the breadwinner. I know a lot of married couples. And he is the ONLY financially dependent husband I know. I’m sure there will be at least a few guys in the comments claiming to also be in this position. Or women claiming their spouses are. But I seriously doubt it. I mean I’m sure they’re out there. But no way more than 1 or 2 claims are legit. It just doesn’t happen for whatever reason. He is sensitive about this reality, and I know it. His wife is also uncomfortable with their situation. But my brother just can’t seem to hold a job. And has given up.

So I left earlier for work today cause I had some stuff to do, and my wife called me today at work crying to say that my brother came by to pick up the money to help them with some of their bills since his wife told me they were behind. But my brother wouldn’t ask me for help. And informed her that his wife was pregnant (he had already texted me after I told him I was leaving early and he could get the money from my wife).

It was hard to understand her. But I guess my wife and him apparently got into a bit of an argument after he told her his wife was pregnant. where he, “threw the fact that I can’t have kids in my face”. After she got disappointed instead of happy for him I assume.

I called him and he told me something along the lines of, ‘at least I don’t have a wife who can’t even give me kids’. And I told him that it was better than being financially dependent on my wife. He hung up, and didn’t return my text. I feel my comment wasn’t even that bad though. I mean it is kind of peculiar to see a man being supported by a female breadwinner.

i don't know why i do this to myself

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

tatterhood posted:

it's always really nice to see stuff like this, and as someone who systematically fails at all D&D-related things i'm proud of her too

AITA for responding to a joke my brother made about my wife’s infertility, with a joke about his wife being the breadwinner in his relationship?

i don't know why i do this to myself

Always Be Emasculating your shitass brother

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

OP is the rear end in a top hat because who the hell buys something as major as a car without consulting the other partner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEylCwkSxE

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mx. posted:

Always Be Emasculating your shitass brother

OPs a shitass too.

quote:

My brother is a househusband, and his wife the breadwinner. I know a lot of married couples. And he is the ONLY financially dependent husband I know. I’m sure there will be at least a few guys in the comments claiming to also be in this position. Or women claiming their spouses are. But I seriously doubt it. I mean I’m sure they’re out there. But no way more than 1 or 2 claims are legit. It just doesn’t happen for whatever reason.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

Thankfully all of the comments are unanimously explaining she's not the rear end in a top hat and that her settlement is for her recovery, bills, pain, etc.

I have as much sympathy for people whining about not getting what they expected in an insurance on their Corvette as I do for, let's say, White South Africans who inherited a lot of farmland.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Batterypowered7 posted:

OPs a shitass too.

OP's brother can emasculate him too then, in an endless ouroboros of shitassery

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

"Of course, they think only whites have souls."

Oh, bullshit. No one goes from 0 to "I won't let you marry a black guy." There have definitely been other displays of racism, but OP ignored them/was complicit in them because they did not personally inconvenience her.

"No, no, peepaw, gamgam, he's one of the good ones!"

"I don't get it, it's like my racist grandparents only slightly dislike my model minority relatives of one race, yet strongly dislike ones of a different race. Don't all racists hate all races equally?"

At no point does she say she depends on the grandparents for resources so uhhhh she probably doesn't disagree with them as strongly as she seems to think she does.

[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

"Now that they see Sam is one of the good ones, everything is fine!"

Which side is your grandpa enthusiastic about?

As someone whose in-laws also hate me for the crime of not being white, this one really rubs me the wrong way. If OP doesn't want to rock the boat because she is no longer being personally inconvenienced by her grandparents' racism, that's one thing, but she should admit that's what's going on, not that Sam, by acting sufficiently like One of the Good Ones, was somehow responsible for her grandparents choosing to treat him normally, because that puts the responsibility to flip racists on the victims of their racism.

What could OP have done better earlier in her life and what extra steps could she have taken once she was independent from them? I think it's hard to not internalize at least some of your parents' attitudes and whitewash some of their behaviors, especially when they're your adoptive parents and loving too.

I definitely see your point about her needing to have and project clarity in her retrospective, especially considering her bio mother.

What are your feelings about The Racist Tree, which I can see echoes of in this situation?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

What a loving doormat. It's disgusting the daughter is forced to associate with the mother at all. The kids have the right idea; OP needs to tear up the blueprints for his cuck shack and straighten his poo poo out.

Is it common for jurisdictions to force teenagers to do visitation, even if they’re a year away from being an adult?

When I was 13 I decided I didn’t wanna see my mom’s POS ex-husband anymore; the cops were called and they were basically just like “lol give me a break, he’s 13, he’s old enough to decide, we won’t force him to do poo poo”

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

cumshitter posted:

She had several updates:

quote:

"Funny you suggested these. He actually HAS tried and interviewed for a plumbing apprentice willing to train and pay for school....he said pulled out the interview process because starting pay was below what he was looking for for the first year. I think I've suggested everything under the sun but if it isn't the money its the hours. If it isn't the hours, it's the money. If it isn't those things its the stress. He reacts terribly with stress."

" I agree it seems like we’re at different levels here. He was living with his mom but got kicked out. He was living with a roommate for 2 years before we moved in. He was perfectly capable of being responsible then since he didn’t have the support he has now I guess."

"Thank you all for your opinions. I think I really needed this wake up call no matter how embarrassing it is the admit. As we are on a lease together breaking up with him instantly is going to be hard as there will be no one to pick up the lease if I move out (lease ends in another six months)I will give him a strict ultimatum and deadline (1 more month) to get any type of job or he’s going to have to kick the curb. I appreciate the insight and will continue to accept any advice, also will provide an update if wanted!

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 10, 2021

tatterhood
Apr 4, 2007

If you look out the window you will see many ruined cities & enduring seas.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

She had several updates, ending with this:

Hit the road, Jack (in six months, an arbitrary deadline I will definitely hold firm on)

edit my reading comprehension is awful, but I'm gonna maintain my original position, which is: nah

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Is it common for jurisdictions to force teenagers to do visitation, even if they’re a year away from being an adult?

When I was 13 I decided I didn’t wanna see my mom’s POS ex-husband anymore; the cops were called and they were basically just like “lol give me a break, he’s 13, he’s old enough to decide, we won’t force him to do poo poo”

Like anything with family law, it depends heavily on the jurisdiction and the whims of the judge. It could easily be that since there's only a year left on the daughter's sentence, the dad and kids decided fighting it in court is more trouble than waiting out the clock or this is what the court gave them after they pared it back from more enforced visitation time. Given how OP characterizes himself in the post, it seems like he'd make at least a token effort to respect the daughter's wishes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for leaving my then-boyfriend in the woods without a lift when he wouldn't slow down enough for me to keep up when hiking?

quote:

My boyfriend and his brother were going hiking and they invited me, I said sure and joined. In the first mile they were going a little faster than I could keep up with for long and I asked to slow down to pace myself. My boyfriend said he didn't want to slow down because he and his brother wanted to have a good workout they were not here for a stroll.

I said that I'm 5 foot one, I'm not gonna keep up with two guys over 6 foot so easily. My boyfriend said maybe I should take a breather and catch up. I didn't think that would work, I'd have to go twice as fast to catch up if I took a break and it'd probably be worse overall

I tried to keep up for a bit but I fell behind and they didn't slow for me which I found super rude. They actually got ahead out of sight and in that moment I decided "what am I doing here chasing after someone who's being this inconsiderate" and I just stopped and decided I wasn't doing this. I turned back and walked back towards my car, I'd driven my boyfriend but his brother had also brought a vehicle so I figured he wouldn't be stranded.

I went home and called some friends to talk. And they kinda talked me into ending stuff with him. It was really a wakeup call for me. My friends had noticed for a while that I was acting like a puppy dog chasing at the heels of someone indifferent... And that stuff wasn't equal. And having him literally speedwalk away from me and say to catch up when we were supposed to be doing something together, really showed me that.

So after talking to my friends I sent him a text saying "Hey (name) this really isn't working for me anymore. I'm not treating myself with respect if I stay in a relationship where I'm always following what you want, how you want, you you you... The way you acted on the hike was really a wakeup call for me, that I shouldn't chase along, where I'm not wanted or valued. bye."

I got a text and a few calls and I wanted to take some time before I looked at any of it.

A few days later I saw the texts and apparently his brother hadn't gotten there by car but instead on a new motorcycle. So with me gone my ex was stranded.

I didn't answer his messages yet and he sent more that I didn't even read. I'm trying to process stuff mentally first. But from what I read he's very upset I left when I had driven him there and was supposed to be his ride. He thinks that if I was gonna up and leave I should of at least said that I was leaving with my car, instead of letting them think i was just taking a break and would catch up or meet back up.

I think that if he wanted a lift home he shouldn't have treated the person with the car like dirt.

AITA for leaving my ex in the woods?

Edit to add .. a couple people asked why they couldn't both ride on the motorcycle. Apparently his brother only has a learner permit so I assume he either wasn't allowed to take a passenger or wasn't skilled enough to yet.

lol OP rules let the man hike home

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

he's a 22 year old with a corvette AND another car. Either his parents are rich as hell, or he won the lottery. Either way, give him half of your money, marry him, then immediately divorce him for half of his.

It's a C5, there's like 15 of them for sale within 25 miles of me for sub $15,000, some reasonable but grubby ones under $10k. It's about the same price as a 5 year old honda accord.

They made them between 1997 and 2004.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Mx. posted:

AITA for leaving my then-boyfriend in the woods without a lift when he wouldn't slow down enough for me to keep up when hiking?

There is a certain kind of young man that sees walking in the woods as a competition to see who can get there fastest without breaking a sweat. They'll fly off up the trail with a buddy or two, no mind that they're ostensibly in a group. Why invite someone on a hike if you're not going to walk with them?

OP rules. They ditch you, you ditch them. You want to ride in someone's car, you show them basic respect.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Mx. posted:

quote:

About 30 minutes later I realized I was so far behind that I hadn't seen them in a while and they couldn't hear my yells. They also had the map and I was worried I'd take a wrong turn trying to find them.
lol he was trying to kill her

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 10, 2021

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for telling my fiancé I won’t attend his brother’s wedding not even 3 months before ours ?

Weddings should be banned. You can get married, but you can't have a wedding. So there.

AITA for telling my sister that my fiancée and I are both offended she didn't put her as one of her bridesmaids?

quote:

My fiancée of 4 years was best friends with my sister before we got together. They're still very close friends, they're not bffs but are still close. They hang out at least once a week, they go shopping together, they go to the salon together etc.

I also have a brother, who recently got a girlfriend. He's been dating his gf for 8 months. She's a very conventionally attractive woman and she works in a modeling company. Her character though is not as nice. Their relationship with my brother is very toxic, both of them take advantage of and mistreat each other a lot in several ways and also she has insulted my sister and my mother. That has caused a strain in the relationship between my brother and my sister/mom.

Now my sister's wedding is coming up and she picked her bridesmaids. She asked my brother's gf to be a bridesmaid but not my fiancée, aka her close friend of almost a decade. My fiancée was very upset by this but chose not to speak because she didn't want to stick her nose in the bride's business and as hurt as she was, bride's day bride's way as she said. Out of respect for her I never told anything to my sister either.

The next time we all met, my fiancée was visibly upset and uncomfortable, trying to put an act that she was unbothered. After that, my sister called me and asked what's wrong with my fiancée. I just said she's been feeling a bit down lately, she'll be fine. She kept pressuring me and asked me if it's about her being excluded as a bridesmaid. I was honest and said yes, and I'm also offended. She asked why. I said that it's pretty self explanatory since she excluded her close friend of 7-8 years to put my brother's gf instead when she's treated our family like poo poo. She said not asking my fiancée is nothing personal, it was more of an aesthetic choice because my brothers gf has an old money vibe while my fiancée looks "cheap" no matter what she does. I said her reasoning made things even worse and she should be ashamed but she called me and my fiancée ta for feeling offended for her wedding choices. AITA???

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for telling my sister that my fiancée and I are both offended she didn't put her as one of her bridesmaids?

This is the first story I've read where someone described a person as "conventionally attractive" where they weren't the rear end in a top hat.

Congrats OP for breaking barriers.

Also lmao yes ban weddings.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Uncle Enzo posted:

There is a certain kind of young man that sees walking in the woods as a competition to see who can get there fastest without breaking a sweat. They'll fly off up the trail with a buddy or two, no mind that they're ostensibly in a group. Why invite someone on a hike if you're not going to walk with them?

OP rules. They ditch you, you ditch them. You want to ride in someone's car, you show them basic respect.

My parents had different paces. Dad would often go off ahead and find interesting things, or go get the car to a closer lot when she was getting tired. Like many things in a relationship it's more about whether you're doing it together than if you're doing it the same. Not that everything has to be done together, you know what I mean.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

My parents had different paces. Dad would often go off ahead and find interesting things, or go get the car to a closer lot when she was getting tired. Like many things in a relationship it's more about whether you're doing it together than if you're doing it the same. Not that everything has to be done together, you know what I mean.

My gf is a slow walker/shopper. That's why I always push the cart when we shop. Can't lose her in frozen foods if I have the cart with her purse in it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sisal Two-Step posted:

quote:

She's a very conventionally attractive woman and she works in a modeling company.

I'm curious what this means since it wasn't phrased as "she's a model".

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm curious what this means since it wasn't phrased as "she's a model".

Modeling sweatpants or mattress toppers or something not conventionally associated with being a “model”? :shrug:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
She can't pull off a whale bone corset with a full bird cage gown, like old money models can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for walking my cat?

quote:

This morning, I (16f) took my cat on a walk through our neighborhood. We go on these little walks weekly, he loves them.

We saw this woman with her dog, I'm going to assume it was a lab, not for sure tho. Her dog didn't have a leash on and was running through the street while the woman was on her phone.

The dog saw my cat and started running towards us. It was growling and trying to attack my cat. I instantly picked up my cat so he wouldn't get hurt.

When the owner overheard this she started running over to where we were. The dog was trying to jump on me to get my cat but she got him under control before he could.

I told her to keep her aggressive dog on a leash and that it could seriously hurt an animal one day. She wasn't really fond of my comments.

She called me an AH and maybe if I kept my cat inside this wouldn't have happened then she walked away.

When I got home I noticed I had a few scratches on my leg from the dog, but nothing major. I made sure to give my baby extra love.

It had me wondering tho, am I the AH for walking my cat?

EDIT: Cat Tax

EDIT(2): My cat had a leash on!