Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Is red letter media cancelled? I legit don’t know, goons seem to have strong opinions in various megathreads and I’m not sure if it is because they said something about Star Wars or did something horrible.

They seem to be pretty good at ignoring all criticism and continuing to post content, unless the criticism comes from William Shatner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't think it's acting. Unless you're a psychopath recalling merking some dude should illicit some sort of emotional response. That's not to say it should buy him leeway for loving up multiple times and then shooting people, especially since he had to go out of his way to be in the situation in the first place. Like I think outside of big money poo poo heads and elected officials, it's easy to forget sometimes people aren't malicious they're just stupid as gently caress.

Again, that's not to say he shouldn't see the inside of a prison for it.

If by any chance that's not fake crying, it's because he might face consequences (lol he won't), not because he cares he killed anyone.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't think it's acting. Unless you're a psychopath recalling merking some dude should illicit some sort of emotional response.

That and sitting in a courtroom describing it has to drive home the possibility that he might actually see consequences from his actions, a possibility that I guarantee did not occur to him in the moment when he decided to go play murder safari.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Loucks posted:

That and sitting in a courtroom describing it has to drive home the possibility that he might actually see consequences from his actions, a possibility that I guarantee did not occur to him in the moment when he decided to go play murder safari.

It's this

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Loucks posted:

I haven’t been following this at all since I decided to stop wasting mental energy on this kind of stuff, but is there any real chance he’s going to face consequences? This seemed like the type of case where you go after lesser charges you’ll actually be able to stick to them from the start.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

fknlo posted:

I haven’t been following this at all since I decided to stop wasting mental energy on this kind of stuff, but is there any real chance he’s going to face consequences? This seemed like the type of case where you go after lesser charges you’ll actually be able to stick to them from the start.

I’m not following it that closely either since I can’t help and don’t need yet another stressor right now. Based on what I’ve seen he seems likely to walk on the most serious charges since the prosecutor is either incompetent or playing to lose. Not a lawyer or expert though, so by no means should you take my dumbass opinions as fact. All I know is that these things very often result in injustice and it seems reasonable to expect that here as well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

fknlo posted:

Just based on how the judge has continuously melted down over any and all criticism he gets from the media, and then shutting down the prosecution repeatedly.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1458488220006719494

He's gonna walk. gently caress everything about this.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hope the little gently caress at least gets manslaughter charges.

gently caress's sake.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress yeah

N.J. man sentenced to 41 months for assaulting officer, stiffest punishment yet in Jan. 6 cases

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/11/10/rioter-fairlamb-sentenced-jan-6/

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm not following the Rittenhouse shooting closely at all, but last year after the Denver shooting, I did some reading up on self-defense law. The law varies and I haven't looked at whichever state Rittenhouse was in, but one key point is, that even if you start poo poo originally, if you attempt to run away from a confrontation, you're no longer legally the aggressor. So yeah, I'm not seriously counting on Rittenhouse to be convicted.

There's a self-defense lawyer, Andrew Braca, who's supposedly a real expert on the subject, and he's got a members only blog where he writes a ton about Rittenhouse. He's also a right-wing shithead who rails about Soros-funded prosecutors, so YMMV. I took the two weeks trial membership to read what he had to say about Denver, and then refunded.

Wasn't a bad way to get an overview, rather than just going by gut feeling.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man they have an episode on everyone's favorite (and only) Emperor of Central Africa. Probably pairs well with the Warner Herzog doc on him.

Wow one on the Albania ponzi scheme that provoked that Mad Max period in the country.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just based on how the judge has continuously melted down over any and all criticism he gets from the media, and then shutting down the prosecution repeatedly.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1458488220006719494

Can't they get him on the whole straw purchasing an AR-15 thing?

This loving kid is going to walk and then we're going to have to deal with the inevitable book "A Patriot's Plea: Restoring Sanity and Security to Our Self-Defense Laws (forward by Col. Robert North, USMC Retired)," a direct-to-streaming movie written by Ben Shapiro and directed by Clint Eastwood and then another 70 years of grifting by this little poo poo. I hope he and Zimmerman do a speaking tour together and both burn up when their tour bus crashes.

Edit:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh man they have an episode on everyone's favorite (and only) Emperor of Central Africa. Probably pairs well with the Warner Herzog doc on him.

Wow one on the Albania ponzi scheme that provoked that Mad Max period in the country.

Having been to Bangui three times, these episodes were especially fascinating. CAR is one of the most dirt-poor, resource-rich countries in the world and probably the only reason there's been any development in the city since the 1960s is the need for infrastructure for the ever-rotating presence of French/UN peacekeepers. There used to be an honest-to-god refugee camp on the airport grounds, with a company of infantrymen whose sole job it was to keep people from running into the path of aircraft. The runway doesn't have lights so if your landing gets delayed past sundown- too bad, enjoy spending the night in the Douala airport or whatever.

It was also pretty creepy not really seeing any old people in town. The life expectancy is like in the low 50s there.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 10, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Quick thing though (and it's a thread):

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1458493792349089792?t=7yb7sKmBQUcaHWDQkLpC1A&s=19

We've seen this a lot lately with January 6th judges. They will absolutely scream and yell at the prosecutors for undercharging the insurrectionist, then promptly sentence the insurrectionist to much less time than the government is requesting.

I generally agree that Rittenhouse is going to walk, but mostly because the state law in question was complete bullshit and biased to give the benefit to the random white chud that decides to play cop. Also, that the judge is a complete idiot. But in a lot of these cases, judges just kind of Say poo poo, just because they're judges and they can.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I've been to traffic court a few times and been inside veterans court. Have yet to see a judge get angry at anyone. Even when a judge has been basically lied to. Maybe I only see relatively nice judges?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

I've been to traffic court a few times and been inside veterans court. Have yet to see a judge get angry at anyone. Even when a judge has been basically lied to. Maybe I only see relatively nice judges?

Its worse in actual criminal, especially cases around murder. I was giving evidentiary testimony and watched a judge chew out a defense attorney prior to me going on the stand, the trial was around an attempted murder. He yelled a bunch at the guy for about five minutes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Having been to Bangui three times, these episodes were especially fascinating. CAR is one of the most dirt-poor, resource-rich countries in the world and probably the only reason there's been any development in the city since the 1960s is the need for infrastructure for the ever-rotating presence of French/UN peacekeepers. There used to be an honest-to-god refugee camp on the airport grounds, with a company of infantrymen whose sole job it was to keep people from running into the path of aircraft. The runway doesn't have lights so if your landing gets delayed past sundown- too bad, enjoy spending the night in the Douala airport or whatever.

It was also pretty creepy not really seeing any old people in town. The life expectancy is like in the low 50s there.

Now that's incredibly interesting, it's not often you come across someone with that much travel to the CAR, but yikes it sounds like Kabul International this past August. I'm not surprised (sadly) about that life expectancy or poverty caused by that lunatics' French sponsored coronation (and well the French in general for it's management as a territory).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maffew buildings posted:

They're men really in to Star Wars so statistically they're probably awful based on demographic trends

The Plunkett episodes included that character torturing and killing young women in his crawl space with bug foggers as a comedic element, just to remind everyone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's ok I'm sure we can just vote harder to fix this

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Quick thing though (and it's a thread):

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1458493792349089792?t=7yb7sKmBQUcaHWDQkLpC1A&s=19

We've seen this a lot lately with January 6th judges. They will absolutely scream and yell at the prosecutors for undercharging the insurrectionist, then promptly sentence the insurrectionist to much less time than the government is requesting.

I generally agree that Rittenhouse is going to walk, but mostly because the state law in question was complete bullshit and biased to give the benefit to the random white chud that decides to play cop. Also, that the judge is a complete idiot. But in a lot of these cases, judges just kind of Say poo poo, just because they're judges and they can.

Yeah in fairness, I was among those saying "Don't pay attention to the judge admonishing this lawyer or that lawyer, it really means nothing in the grand scheme" (not here necessarily but still) because you're right, judges often do yell and take lawyers to task for stupid procedural poo poo. Most people don't see it because most people don't watch every single court case play out unless it's notable for some reason. It's a lot of tea leaf reading much of the time.

Though this one for whatever reason, just feels different. Between him melting down specifically about the media getting critical of him (a thing I cannot recall any of the federal judges really doing during the Mueller/Manafort stuff), repeatedly pushing the prosecutors back to a point that I've even seen some seasoned lawyers go "What the actual gently caress?"

Maybe it's just people getting worked up over what amounts to nothing, but I think both the gravity of the case, as well as some of the choices the judge has made about when to get angry (in addition to this case being televised whereas the Mueller/Manafort stuff was not) prevents me from tut tuting anyone for feeling that way. Not to say you're doing that, but I think you get my meaning.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Unrelated: a Popular Mechanix cover illustration appears to have broken though to our reality: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/11/09/spinlaunch-completes-first-test-flight-of-alternative-rocket.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6Nw4MKE2g

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Plunkett episodes included that character torturing and killing young women in his crawl space with bug foggers as a comedic element, just to remind everyone.

Yeah, I've never gotten any of their appeal.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

So Project Babylon, but actually successful?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I hope Kyle at least gets manslaughter charges. I do not think he set out to kill anyone. He was a 17 year old kid, made just about as rural stupid as he could get by his parents, fully idealistic about going to this protest and “protecting businesses and people.” He spent most of the night playing the role of a security guard and medic, despite not having any training whatsoever in either. Him calling himself a medic, stopping everyone who passed him to ask if they needed medical care, all while only carrying what amounted to a..medical fanny pack full of bandaids, tells you all you need to know about both his level of idealism and level of intelligence.

This.. worked fine. Because he was generally passed over by the interests of most able minded humans who passed by. But he stayed out way too late, way past when most everyone else had gone home. The media and podcast people have made a big deal out of how the first person Kyle got into an altercation with was someone that had a criminal record, and had just that night gotten out of a hospital after being involuntarily admitted for behavioral aggression issues and a lack of capacity. I think Kyle, still idealistic but becoming increasingly more stupid as the night gets darker, put himself in a situation he shouldn’t have been in. He, with a machine gun in his hands, insinuates himself into the personal space of this guy, all under the guise of protecting some random car mechanic business. Why? I don’t know but I imagine it’s much like what happens when a person scuba dives too deep. The deeper into the night he got, the more narc’d out on his supply of idealism he got. He was not thinking clearly, at all.

Then he actually gets confronted, panics, and kills two people, destroying a third person’s arm. I do not think in actuality his life was ever objectively threatened. His well-being was, sure, (the first guy throws a bag of stuff at his head and when Kyle reacts the guy closes on him), but not his life. Kyle, however, fully high on his own supply and then now fully high on panic adrenochrome DOES think his life is in danger, so he shoots those people. I hope, really hope, that if this trial does one thing it proves that Kyle felt that way, but was absolutely not thinking clearly, and was objectively not in mortal danger, and could easily have defused that situation non-violently or simply ran away and therefore slaughtered those people completely out of stupidity. He did not set out with motive to kill, it’s not murder I. But he did make a series of the worst decisions of his life and that resulted in two people losing their own.

His parents need to be rung up the flagpole as well. His father bought him that gun, dodging laws by buying it himself but strictly for Kyle. Then, on a night he knows Kyle is thinking of “heading to a riot where the city is on fire” (they were all watching it in the news) leaves the gun cabinet open before retiring for the night..

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

My predictions:

First-Degree Reckless Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
First-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Use of a Dangerous Weapon (both counts): Guilty (he might skate on the Grosskreutz one, who knows)
First-Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
Attempted First-Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Person Under 18: Guilty
Failure to Comply With an Emergency Order from State or Local Government: Guilty ($200 fine :jerkbag:)

Another prediction: "Failure to Comply" is going to be the title of this little poo poo's ghostwritten jailhouse memoir and recollection as he serves ~5-7y for 25+ years worth of crimes.

Going for first-degree murder/homicide charges was stupid. Second-degree would've had a better chance of sticking. I think the little poo poo should go to jail and even though I'm sure some part of him was HOPING them ~commie libtards~ would start some poo poo and he could go loud on a crowd side by side with the cops, I don't think he *intended* to. But he, an underaged male, with no permission nor certification, brought a deadly weapon into a charged environment, which escalated the situation. The cops held a line - he operated in front of that line under the auspices of "just trying to help." That's recklessly endangering safety.

He's going to walk on the murder and manslaughter, but he won't get out of that trial without jail time. Or, at least, I loving HOPE not, because if he does...that's probably it. There will be militia and wingnuts armed for war at every protest from here on out, fully booged out to the 88s. :sigh:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 10, 2021

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I read a super interesting article this morning: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/11/15/the-great-organic-food-fraud

Basically yuuuuuge organic produce scam in the US in the early 2000s to early 2010s or so. It's a long read, but an addictive one. The industry was growing bigtime, and the whole system around certified organic wasn't quite there yet and this guy managed to lever the shortcomings into cubic meters of cashola. It's an article not just about the guy and his business partners, but how the industry as a whole kind of enabled it in some ways.

One thing I appreciated was how the writer worked in things like interviewing an (uncharged) former business partner who's all "that bastard left me to dry, I'm bankrupt and ruuuuuiiined!!" but just happens to tactfully mention "when I called him up he was about to leave for his lake house, so I met him there for an interview. While we talked we had a great view of the lake and his motorboat." :raise:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My predictions:

First-Degree Reckless Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
First-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Use of a Dangerous Weapon (both counts): Guilty (he might skate on the Grosskreutz one, who knows)
First-Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
Attempted First-Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon: Not Guilty
Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Person Under 18: Guilty
Failure to Comply With an Emergency Order from State or Local Government: Guilty ($200 fine :jerkbag:)

Another prediction: "Failure to Comply" is going to be the title of this little poo poo's ghostwritten jailhouse memoir and recollection as he serves ~5-7y for 25+ years worth of crimes.

Going for first-degree murder/homicide charges was stupid. Second-degree would've had a better chance of sticking. I think the little poo poo should go to jail and even though I'm sure some part of him was HOPING them ~commie libtards~ would start some poo poo and he could go loud on a crowd side by side with the cops, I don't think he *intended* to. But he, an underaged male, with no permission nor certification, brought a deadly weapon into a charged environment, which escalated the situation. The cops held a line - he operated in front of that line under the auspices of "just trying to help." That's recklessly endangering safety.

He's going to walk on the murder and manslaughter, but he won't get out of that trial without jail time. Or, at least, I loving HOPE not, because if he does...that's probably it. There will be militia and wingnuts armed for war at every protest from here on out, fully booged out to the 88s. :sigh:

Yes! Like, so much of the media makes a big deal out of the first victim he shot having a criminal record, etc.. but that doesn’t mean that person was out there wanting to be violent. Kyle interjected himself into that environment, with a weapon, and that victim’s past deeds have absolutely nothing to do with how Kyle’s presence alone at that time of night instigated negative interactions, and then how Kyle reacted. I’m sure this victim’s past will be brought up by the defense to show that Kyle was in mortal danger, which will be pretty gross.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

If you all want some more technology news, this blew my mind.

https://youtu.be/U7CCq4oBgw4

Short of it is, a small company that’s been working on this project for a number of years now has figured out how to store hydrogen, for hydrogen fuel cells, as a solid at room temperature and ambient pressure. Their storage system looks almost like a tape reel: a big roll of this special thin film made out of some metalloid composite material is run through an air capture aperture and sucks hydrogen out of the air, which sticks to the tape. This tape can be “played back” and exposed to basically a CD player laser beam, which switches the polarity of the tape to release the hydrogen. This system can store an immense amount of hydrogen, at room temperature and ambient pressure. It’s.. seriously a massive breakthrough.

It says a lot that after the DOE reviewed their project a few years ago the DOD immediately placed a poo poo ton of restrictions and classifications on it (which really slowed down the company’s progress in further innovating it) because it was such a powerful game changing energy storage system.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Short of it is, a small company that’s been working on this project for a number of years now has figured out how to store hydrogen, for hydrogen fuel cells, as a solid at room temperature and ambient pressure. Their storage system looks almost like a tape reel: a big roll of this special thin film made out of some metalloid composite material is run through an air capture aperture and sucks hydrogen out of the air, which sticks to the tape. This tape can be “played back” and exposed to basically a CD player laser beam, which switches the polarity of the tape to release the hydrogen. This system can store an immense amount of hydrogen, at room temperature and ambient pressure. It’s.. seriously a massive breakthrough.

It says a lot that after the DOE reviewed their project a few years ago the DOD immediately placed a poo poo ton of restrictions and classifications on it (which really slowed down the company’s progress in further innovating it) because it was such a powerful game changing energy storage system.

That is some DARPA level poo poo

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Blind Rasputin posted:

This could be some really cool technology. We need better and more ways to store energy. Batteries are fine, but the more options we have, the more advancements we will get.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Rittenhouse went there to kill people and is only afraid of consequences. He will have none and one day take an elected office is my prediction

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Rittenhouse went there to kill people and is only afraid of consequences. He will have none and one day take an elected office is my prediction

He's way more valuable as a sacrificial felon who does a modicum of jail time, loses his right to vote, then makes a living telling others how to vote for the interests of his benefactors by proxy at rally after convention after speaking engagement.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
OANN / Fox News bidding war is my prediction.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I wish I could find it but it reminded me powerfully of an old Doonesbury where the guy on the stand is like

:goleft: Yeah I can't sleep. Food has no taste. I live everyday with the horrible knowledge that I caused this. I only wish I could take it all back.
:notfunny: It's okay to cry.... remember?
:goleft: Oh yeah right, just a sec I gotta focus on my dog dying.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blind Rasputin posted:

Storing hydrogen in a crystalline matrix was being looked at for a long time. My understanding was it was bloody difficult to do right as it has a tendency to try to escape, plus it has the added bonus of weakening the metal storage unit.
I'd be cautiously optimistic about it, but I'm naturally suspicious of a start-up claiming to have solved such a major issue.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah, the reason it’s hitting YouTube right now I think is believe they have functioning cartridges and functioning larger storage systems that can be mobile power plants.

Imagine just swapping out the hydrogen cartridges for your car, bike, electric skate board whatever using the dispenser outside your local 7-11. Put the used one in, take a fresh one out, the cartridge breathes inside the dispenser and refills overnight for someone else to use. So convenient. What a “convenience store.”
At least you’re a good citizen and actually put your spent cartridges in the dispenser, instead of adding to the mess of old cartridges strewn all over the sidewalk. Adding to the millions of others mindlessly like tossed over the shoulder or thrown out a car window by so many someones swapping for a fresh one. The cigarette butt of the 2030s. Cities full of messes like this. Cartridge litter. Hydrogen hellscapes. No oil spills anymore. That’s great. Just rivers clogged with disbanded tape reel and oceans blighted with upgraded floating plastic islands instead. Never mind how the masses of floating tape and plastic slowly tears apart the water, eating the hydrogen, leaving nothing but massive blooms of hydroxide death in their wake. The old islands of the early 2000’s were better, just plastic toys and heaps of kitchen junk. Don’t talk about that out loud, though, unless you want your monthly Hydrogen Right suspended. What a future indeed

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, the reason it’s hitting YouTube right now I think is believe they have functioning cartridges and functioning larger storage systems that can be mobile power plants.

Imagine just swapping out the hydrogen cartridges for your car, bike, electric skate board whatever using the dispenser outside your local 7-11. Put the used one in, take a fresh one out, the cartridge breathes inside the dispenser and refills overnight for someone else to use. So convenient. What a “convenience store.”
At least you’re a good citizen and actually put your spent cartridges in the dispenser, instead of adding to the mess of old cartridges strewn all over the sidewalk. Adding to the millions of others mindlessly like tossed over the shoulder or thrown out a car window by so many someones swapping for a fresh one. The cigarette butt of the 2030s. Cities full of messes like this. Cartridge litter. Hydrogen hellscapes. No oil spills anymore. That’s great. Just rivers clogged with disbanded tape reel and oceans blighted with upgraded floating plastic islands instead. Never mind how the masses of floating tape and plastic slowly tears apart the water, eating the hydrogen, leaving nothing but massive blooms of hydroxide death in their wake. The old islands of the early 2000’s were better, just plastic toys and heaps of kitchen junk. Don’t talk about that out loud, though, unless you want your monthly Hydrogen Right suspended. What a future indeed

It’ll pull the hydrogen out, and help reverse acidification :downs:

Someone will claim this sooner or later, if those become a thing.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's ok I'm sure we can just vote harder to fix this

You do elect judges in a lot of states? Or atleast vote to retain them.

Edit: Watching those clips that prosecutor doesn't seem so horrible. The Judge definitely has his own agenda though.

Edit: wow all of that cross seemed like a bad idea for the defense

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 10, 2021

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

MazelTovCocktail posted:

My ex-BIL is Albanian. He told me a story were him and his brother went to an armory and were allowed to take a couple of AKs and a load of ammo for free. Spent the rest of the day drinking and shooting things.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burning Beard posted:

My ex-BIL is Albanian. He told me a story were him and his brother went to an armory and were allowed to take a couple of AKs and a load of ammo for free. Spent the rest of the day drinking and shooting things.

On one hand that isn’t good, but on the other hand not the worst way to spend a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's the fact that it's hitting YouTube that makes me nervous more than anything