Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The life of Lowtax. What a strange trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyF5tbN8iXw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lmao

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
There's a post from Lady Ambien in the (now closed) GBS thread that has... well, more information. There's also a GoFundMe that has been redirected to support his kids.

It's a sad and hosed situation.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 11, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
In lighter news, apparently Esper was fired last year in part because he didn't want to do enough war crimes:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458449358672773127?t=mUO4FPVga3OU6O-AXJJoUQ&s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's a post from Lady Ambien in the (now closed) GBS thread that has more details. There's also a GoFundMe that has been redirected to support his kids.

It's a sad and hosed situation.

Shot himself rather than pay child support. gently caress that guy forever. I’ll probably kick in to help support his kids but it just figures his final legacy will be goons bailing his dead rear end out yet again.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

And what really gets me is a thing LA said.
He didn't leave a note. Didn't say goodbye to his children. Didn't tell them he loved them.

No words.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

He didn't leave a note. Didn't say goodbye to his children. Didn't tell them he loved them.

No words.

My understanding is that the majority of people who take their own lives don't leave notes, since it's often a spur-of-the-moment decision that isn't rational or considered. That certainly sounds like what happened here, which makes it all the more sad and hosed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I don't like suicide no matter who it is.

I just am sad that instead of trying to loving change even a little, it seems he was found guilty of being a loving prick until the bitter end.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
SA is trending on Twitter and I've already run into insane takes like "SA created online transpobia" and "Lowtax created white nerd internet and is directly responsible for 12 year olds yelling slurs at you"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The best one I've seen was a tweet along the lines of "Lowtax banning hentai from the somethingawful dot com forums was the 21'st century's Franz Ferdinand moment and I am cursed to live with this knowledge"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Eej posted:

"Lowtax created white nerd internet and is directly responsible for 12 year olds yelling slurs at you"

4chan and Kiwifarms are both SA spinoffs so, it's not entirely inaccurate.

shame on an IGA posted:

The best one I've seen was a tweet along the lines of "Lowtax banning hentai from the somethingawful dot com forums was the 21'st century's Franz Ferdinand moment and I am cursed to live with this knowledge"

:hmbol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Eej posted:

SA is trending on Twitter and I've already run into insane takes like "SA created online transpobia" and "Lowtax created white nerd internet and is directly responsible for 12 year olds yelling slurs at you"

Imagine reading either of those takes on twitter and believing them

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

shame on an IGA posted:

This is the equivalent of being a Lovecraftian protagonist and learning forbidden knowledge

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Shot himself rather than pay child support. gently caress that guy forever. I’ll probably kick in to help support his kids but it just figures his final legacy will be goons bailing his dead rear end out yet again.

Well that’s certainly a unique way of avoiding child support. The irony is if he just had an accountant and legal counsel from the beginning they would’ve told him and made him pay his taxes correctly and all of this poo poo would’ve probably never happened, so in the end he was just incredibly loving dumb, which I dunno seems fitting for a guy who was a massive piece of poo poo like him. Gives new meaning to the term deadbeat.

He did outlive Bryan Looper.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Imagine reading either of those takes on twitter and believing them

I’m just looking forward to having to explain to my wife later when she sees them, what happened, and no that’s not accurate.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Enjoy your special day you fuckin welfare queens.

Also Rip lowtax. You were funny once but never changed. And beat women. A land of contrasts.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Missouri claims another one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm vaguely remembering his gun was stolen a while back. Not that he couldn't buy or didn't have another, but it was around the beginning of the year (I'm slowly reading the schadenfreude thread).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Did he have any legal issues that would compel him to relinquish control of firearms?

I wouldn’t put it past him to fake a theft to “pull a fast one” on the law.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I think we all know he wasn't doing anything fast

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

Did he have any legal issues that would compel him to relinquish control of firearms?

I wouldn’t put it past him to fake a theft to “pull a fast one” on the law.

Nope, somehow. He was never charged with any of his wifebeating. Likely had prescriptions for opiates for his back, but that doesn't make you a prohibited possessor like getting caught with a joint would.

You probably don't have to move too quickly to pull one over on Missouri cops anyhow.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BUG JUG posted:

Enjoy your special day you fuckin welfare queens.

Also Rip lowtax. You were funny once but never changed. And beat women. A land of contrasts.

His greatest contribution was the strict mod/paywall environment to keep nazis out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He was a white guy from a family with money in Missouri. The cops weren't bothering him, ever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If y'all want some outrage: https://twitter.com/EllieRushing/status/1458584800323899395

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, that just makes me want more violence against the cops.

Lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWr9vQP-D70

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 11, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stultus Maximus posted:

His greatest contribution was the strict mod/paywall environment to keep nazis out.

For sure, glad that persists

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

yuuup.

his toes sweating up hell now

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

No words.

Yeah. Really don't know what else to add to that but, gently caress. I feel for his kids.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Just another thing to lay on the pile of "things that lay bare what a bunch of bullshit we've been fed re our government." It's real, real hard to see the US as anything but just another repressive regime. I just got to not notice it for a long time because I'm a middle class white male.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

stealie72 posted:

Just another thing to lay on the pile of "things that lay bare what a bunch of bullshit we've been fed re our government." It's real, real hard to see the US as anything but just another repressive regime. I just got to not notice it for a long time because I'm a middle class white male.

This is the same kinda poo poo that war hawks talk about other countries doing before we invade them for oil.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CainFortea posted:

This is the same kinda poo poo that war hawks talk about other countries doing before we invade them for oil.
Exactly. Repressive regime that targets ethnic minorities, etc.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Felony Murder ala the NYPD way.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In lighter news, apparently Esper was fired last year in part because he didn't want to do enough war crimes:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458449358672773127?t=mUO4FPVga3OU6O-AXJJoUQ&s=19

What the gently caress. This is insane.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crab Dad posted:

It also comes across like it was written by a very very whiney child (apologies to all people with whiney kids) or Gestapo/NKVD type report...but probably still more whiney.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It also comes across like it was written by a very very whiney child (apologies to all people with whiney kids) or Gestapo/NKVD type report...but probably still more whiney.

The use of the word “measly” broke my brain for a minute. I’ve written more professional memos on our office toilet being busted.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

Exactly. Repressive regime that targets ethnic minorities, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/29/how-western-media-would-cover-minneapolis-if-it-happened-another-country/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Crab Dad posted:

It's only the entrance to the rabbit hole. There's a whole article about the man who wrote the memo, John McEntee, who was appointed as head of the Presidential Personnel Office at the start of 2020 and rapidly used and abused the office to purge everyone who showed even the slightest hint of disloyalty towards Trump:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458047776407818242?t=fL-2bv4vsJXfPoil1knIsA&s=19

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean dude was what, 29 when he wrote it. So whiny child isn't too far off. Also massive case of brain worms.

Read this yesterday, it's a solid read. Def. not surprised these shitheads helped lay the track for what happened on 1/6 and no doubts they will do so again if given the chance.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah, I felt bad for him prior to finding this out. Now I'm just angry, especially hearing his daughter on some of the Garbage Gaming segments, I'm rather cross he couldn't at least be a better father to them rather than just ending it all.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I felt bad for him prior to finding this out. Now I'm just angry, especially hearing his daughter on some of the Garbage Gaming segments, I'm rather cross he couldn't at least be a better father to them rather than just ending it all.

Yeah and he used to trot her out for Rifftrax stuff when he did some work with them.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean dude was what, 29 when he wrote it. So whiny child isn't too far off. Also massive case of brain worms.

Read this yesterday, it's a solid read. Def. not surprised these shitheads helped lay the track for what happened on 1/6 and no doubts they will do so again if given the chance.
Defiantly agree on the brainworms. Like seriously it also looks like some lovely "intel" report produced by some ghetto rear end right wing "security consulting firm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/NickAtNews/status/1458820790007308300?t=vesTAYgUa-XtDxpSftw5IQ&s=19