Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress

https://twitter.com/dallaswoodhouse/status/1458614993126105088?s=21

He’s switching to nowhereland between Charlotte and Raleigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

FizFashizzle posted:

What the gently caress

Please let this blow up in his face.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

What the gently caress

The out and out fascists are trying to take over the Republican party, and kick out the "I'm fine with fascism if it keeps my taxes low" Romney types, maybe?

I also hope it blows up in his face.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

What the gently caress

Was he that worried about Asheville?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CommieGIR posted:

So a memo justifying Trump's firing of Defense Secretary Esper dropped and....wow, its a read

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458449906176245763?s=20

The "start witness" typo is just the, er, start

This whole thing was written by a 15-year-old blogger, it has to have been. No grown-up expresses themselves this way in print.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Data Graham posted:

This whole thing was written by a 15-year-old blogger, it has to have been. No grown-up expresses themselves this way in print.

Certainly noöne who could reach higher office. Sad!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Data Graham posted:

The McEntee guy is this handsome former college QB who was most famous for a trickshot football video like 15 years ago (at UConn, I think?).

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

The typo of "start witness in the sham impeachment trial" in the official memo is very on brand.

Jesus, POTUS level memos with this kind of poo poo, well, yeah. Completely on brand.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a quote somewhere in the Libertarian thread about how public infrastructure is literally unthinkable to most Americans. Lemme find it.

ed: Here we go.

The airport example is especially funny because literally every major airport (except in Branson MO) is government run in the US.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

LeeMajors posted:

The McEntee guy is this handsome former college QB who was most famous for a trickshot football video like 15 years ago (at UConn, I think?).

There's a full article about the guy here:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458047776407818242?t=Oo7B4-7mcvA1ZjtNaFF7KA&s=19

spoilers he's fuckin' bonkers

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

A lot of documents from the Trump presidency were written for an audience of one, the man himself. If he wouldn't understand it, or even got bored reading it, it wouldn't fly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

deoju posted:

A lot of documents from the Trump presidency were written for an audience of one, the man himself. If he wouldn't understand it, or even got bored reading it, it wouldn't fly.

Whoever it is was deliberately trying to ape his style, for sure. Like every one of those Trump Fundraiser 500% MATCH emails "from" every second-string figure in the Trump Cinematic Universe, they all sound like one of his speeches. "Illegals pouring into this country at a level never seen before" and all that.

Centuries of public-speaking tradition and oratory skill refinement and it turns out all you need is this garbage.

e: gently caress I just subconsciously quoted his Diet Coke tweet, YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

the_steve posted:

The problem is that we as a people have been reminded so very frequently that "X is broken bullshit and is awful at every level" that we've been burned out on it and have resigned ourselves to shrugging and going "What can you do?"

I agree in part but also nahh, that's mostly an excuse to cover the fact that most people don't care.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Bel Shazar posted:

I agree in part but also nahh, that's mostly an excuse to cover the fact that most people don't care.

actually plenty of people believe the justice system is fair and miscarriages of justice are extremely rare because they don't look at the evidence or have a cognitive bias to ignore it when presented...

...right up until they are railroaded or a person who hurts them (or someone they know) gets off.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-day-care-center-murder-conviction-anniversary-melissa-calusinski-20190113-story.html

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Sarah Sanders gonna ride Trumps coattails and end up the next gov of Arkansas.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/politics/sarah-sanders-donald-trump-arkansas/index.html

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Thumposaurus posted:

Sarah Sanders gonna ride Trumps coattails and end up the next gov of Arkansas.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/politics/sarah-sanders-donald-trump-arkansas/index.html

No surprise there, the moment she announced I figured she'd clinch it. Trump World looooves her, she's one of their heroes.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

How are u posted:

No surprise there, the moment she announced I figured she'd clinch it. Trump World looooves her, she's one of their heroes.

I'm sure the Huckabee family connections are helpful too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

By the time we get to 2024, trump is just going to claim he was still President the entire time.

https://twitter.com/freedlander/status/1458820015394861060?s=21

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's a full article about the guy here:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458047776407818242?t=Oo7B4-7mcvA1ZjtNaFF7KA&s=19

spoilers he's fuckin' bonkers

quote:

McEntee also hired Instagram influencers. Camryn Kinsey, for example, was 20 and still in college when McEntee gave her the title of external-relations director. In an interview with the online publication The Conservateur, she said, “Only in Trump’s America could I go from working in a gym to working in the White House

She’s not wrong, just not for the reasons she thinks :laffo:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

XtraSmiley posted:

The typo of "start witness in the sham impeachment trial" in the official memo is very on brand.

Jesus, POTUS level memos with this kind of poo poo, well, yeah. Completely on brand.

:quagmire:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

FizFashizzle posted:

By the time we get to 2024, trump is just going to claim he was still President the entire time.

https://twitter.com/freedlander/status/1458820015394861060?s=21

Funny that Trump has an envoy working on an issue pretty near the top of Russia’s list of geopolitical grievances (the independence of Kosovo from Serbia)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Delthalaz posted:

Funny that Trump has an envoy working on an issue pretty near the top of Russia’s list of geopolitical grievances (the independence of Kosovo from Serbia)

Good thing the Logan act no longer has force.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So one of the reasons oil prices are going up and continue to increase is because the Saudis are not complying with Biden's request to increase production. Apparently MBS is pissed that Biden won't talk to him directly (which should not be a surprise, as last year Biden said he was going to have a different relationship with MBS than Trump did). There is also increasing evidence that the OPEC states would prefer a Republican President as they want to keep getting US military assistance in their regional conflicts and MBS is also upset that Biden hasn't fully supported the Saudis in their Yemen war.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1458846497856962563?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

More proof that voters' current sentiments about the economy are triggered by their lying eyes, instead of by PR efforts by politicians & their mouthpieces:

quote:

Housing costs for renters rose 0.4 percent in October from September, according to consumer price index data the Labor Department released Wednesday. That number, coupled with soaring home values, accounted for nearly a third of the 0.9 percent overall jump in inflation last month, which saw a blistering 6.2 percent increase from a year earlier.

The continuing increase in housing prices will likely be fodder for the GOP, which is already hammering Democrats for inflation. Sixty-three percent of Americans said they were very concerned about the rising cost of food and consumer goods in a poll of more than 10,000 adults conducted by the Pew Research Center in late September, which also found that President Joe Biden’s approval rating had fallen sharply. Rent is the largest portion of most tenants’ monthly expenses.

The Biden administration has vowed to address the home affordability crisis in the U.S., but policies are still in development and will likely have a limited impact.

The picture isn’t entirely dire for Democrats. Much of the surge in housing inflation was fed by “owners’ equivalent rent,” which measures how much someone could charge to rent out their home. It’s a side effect of higher home values, which for homeowners is a welcome development. But if the market stays hot, that will feed rent increases even more as some prospective buyers are priced out.

Politically, the question is how rising housing prices net out between renters and homeowners, said Dean Baker, senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.

“Your typical voter’s not looking at the CPI, they’re looking at what they pay for rent,” he said. “If you’re a homeowner, what you’re seeing is your house price has risen, so you might feel good about that. If you’re a renter, you’re probably pissed.”

According to inflation data, rents are still growing, year over year, at a slower pace than they were pre-pandemic. But recent month-to-month readings are some of the fastest in the last 20 years, and industry data paints an alarming picture.

The Apartment List annual National Rent Report out this month found that the national median rent had increased by 16.4 percent from January to October — compared with an average 3.2 percent increase over the same pre-pandemic period from 2017 to 2019.

The increase is expected to continue for years. The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas projected in August that rent and owner-equivalent rent inflation would rise to 6.9 percent by December 2023 — the highest in more than 30 years — as measured by the official price index most closely watched by the central bank.

eta: I think increasing rents will overshadow other points of inflation over the coming years, because of homeowning becoming more unaffordable, landlords selling to institutional investors post-pandemic-relief, and new-housing developers concentrating on the luxury rental market.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 11, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
This Rittenhouse judge is just a perfect encapsulation of the justice system

https://twitter.com/mtarm/status/1458825873994440709

Please clap for the defense witness while I yell at the prosecution.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 11, 2021

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

FlamingLiberal posted:

So one of the reasons oil prices are going up and continue to increase is because the Saudis are not complying with Biden's request to increase production. Apparently MBS is pissed that Biden won't talk to him directly (which should not be a surprise, as last year Biden said he was going to have a different relationship with MBS than Trump did). There is also increasing evidence that the OPEC states would prefer a Republican President as they want to keep getting US military assistance in their regional conflicts and MBS is also upset that Biden hasn't fully supported the Saudis in their Yemen war.

Looks like someone misses the Neocons.

"Gosh, what are we going to do with all this extra military spending. Can't just keep building tanks and parking them in the desert. At least not our desert."

gently caress around and find out, I guess. If the Saudis think they won't eventually be added to the list when the boys get the band back together they're in for an unpleasant surprise.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

-Blackadder- posted:

Looks like someone misses the Neocons.

"Gosh, what are we going to do with all this extra military spending. Can't just keep building tanks and parking them in the desert. At least not our desert."

gently caress around and find out, I guess. If the Saudis think they won't eventually be added to the list when the boys get the band back together they're in for an unpleasant surprise.

He wants nukes and is going to gently caress with oil prices if it will get them. Getting Trump back means getting nuclear tech transfers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pervis posted:

He wants nukes and is going to gently caress with oil prices if it will get them. Getting Trump back means getting nuclear tech transfers.

I don't think its that. I think he really is just that petty. This is a man who held his family in a hotel, effectively in prison, till they gave him what he wanted, and massacred a journalist because he dared to speak about him.

Nuclear tech is nice, but this is the actions of a petty, spited monarch.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

FlamingLiberal posted:

Partial Hegemony directly agrees with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyleR7M0WBE

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Looks like we are still selling them weapons though!
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/11/4/biden-administration-approves-650m-weapon-sale-to-saudi-arabia

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes the article mentions that and i wonder if this is a fig leaf to MBS

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes the article mentions that and i wonder if this is a fig leaf to MBS

Alternatively, it’s a typical weapons deal and either the US sells to them or one of their competitors on the international marketplace will. Being able to make a buck on the sales and build relations will almost always trump taking some kind of principled stand that accomplishes nothing and reduces influence with them.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wow it sure sucks when the "economic sanctions" are being applied to you instead of the other way around huh

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

Alternatively, it’s a typical weapons deal and either the US sells to them or one of their competitors on the international marketplace will. Being able to make a buck on the sales and build relations will almost always trump taking some kind of principled stand that accomplishes nothing and reduces influence with them.

This is loving psychotic

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Biden wants any hope at re election, he'd better talk to MBS. The man has thousands of dollars worth of DOTA skins, you don't know how far he can push it.

We already deal with inhuman monsters all the time, you know who they are. What's another on the pile?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ElrondHubbard posted:

if i wasn't working at this concentration camp someone else would just take my place. quitting would really accomplish nothing ok? try and be practical.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ElrondHubbard posted:

You know what they're doing with those weapons, right? Do you think that's worth "building relations" or "influence"? You don't have to justify this.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
considering that deal is like a 2025 and on delivery date, the plan for those weapons (and indeed most of saudi arabia's arm purchases for years now) is an eventual war with Iran for supremacy in the region. Like they've been spending germany in the 1930s % of their gdp on military spending for almost a decade now. Ironically the yemen conflict was meant to be a test run and kind of a precursor skirmish that was meant to clean up some pesky border raids while putting iran on the back foot. Instead the KSA ended up somehow losing a genocide that they were committing.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

This is loving psychotic

The current global order can be accurately described as this, yes.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 11, 2021

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Booourns posted:

Wow it sure sucks when the "economic sanctions" are being applied to you instead of the other way around huh

Yeah, you sure showed those poor people who can't afford to drive into work! Sick burn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Clearly we need to improve relations with Iran so we can sell to them too. This only selling to one side stuff is really a missed opportunity.