Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think this is the worst football game I've ever watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Brian Flores….welcome to the afc north

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That defense did it's job fantastically for what the Ravens have this year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

:hmmyes:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ok I'm slightly less furious at the Bengals losing to the Jets (still mad about GB)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
do we get to play the jags and the texans 2x a year now?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We are finishing dead last in this division.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

Keep the faith, Kawalimus, the AFC is basically one gigantic Chaosball this season, who the hell knows who's coming out on top.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Keep the faith, Kawalimus, the AFC is basically one gigantic Chaosball this season, who the hell knows who's coming out on top.

The Ravens have zero chance.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe Flacco would never have allowed this

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Joe Flacco would never have allowed this

He had this exact game against the Jaguars in 2011. It was practically the same game except the Dolphins maybe were a little better than they were.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

And in the wildcard somehow.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

And in the wildcard somehow.

No we are not getting out of this season with a winning record. Look at the schedule. Chiefs, Browns, Titans, Chargers, Steelers, Bengals, Raiders will be in the playoffs not us. And good we don't belong there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

the titans both for the 1 seed and the super bowl

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

the titans both for the 1 seed and the super bowl

5 AFCN teams in the playoffs

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

He had this exact game against the Jaguars in 2011. It was practically the same game except the Dolphins maybe were a little better than they were.

wonder what the ravens did that season lol

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Worst I've ever seen was primetime AFCN vs Dolphins, but it was that Steelers MNF game. The infamous stuck punt.

https://youtu.be/x7DTNEa2E7w

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the dolphins are the best team in the nfl

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

5 AFCN teams in the playoffs

odds are likely

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Kawalimus is what would happen if someone loved birds like my dad and loved melting about football like my cousin.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Kawalimus is what would happen if someone loved birds like my dad and loved melting about football like my cousin.

I had a melt about the birds yesterday too. It was a bad day from top to bottom. I went somewhere nearby to look for a rarity that's been hanging around so i took my scope. I walked all the way out to where the bird was and didn't see it so was scanning around with my bins. I knocked my scope over and bent some metal part on it. Then I kept scanning and still didn't see it and all but one guy left so I went back to my car. Well as soon as I made it the full mile back to my car the guy announced on group that he found the bird among a bunch of RUDU. I was so mad I told my friend I was perma-quitting scope birding after that. Then I said oh well tonight's Ravens game should be good for them.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

It was just as I said last time, o-line woes. It totally disintegrated. There was more traffic through that line than on downtown ocean drive.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ikonoklast posted:

It was just as I said last time, o-line woes. It totally disintegrated. There was more traffic through that line than on downtown ocean drive.

That's because Miami was blitzing like every down. And we're already bad at pass blocking. So Lamar and the coaches need to do a better job dealing with that. If it were that easy every team would just blitz every single down. We need to have playcalling that can counter it and train the QB to deal with it.

Joe Flacco was the worst QB in the league against pressure. Lamar is on his way there too not being able to handle blitzes. The constant is John Harbaugh.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woozie66 posted:

Worst I've ever seen was primetime AFCN vs Dolphins, but it was that Steelers MNF game. The infamous stuck punt.

https://youtu.be/x7DTNEa2E7w

This was number one until last night but it had an excuse for being a tire fire. I got together with a friend and fellow Ravens fan that I hadn't watched a game with in years and we were both falling asleep by halftime. I left at the end of the third.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That said, the Ravens will win the Superbowl because it isn't every week you face something like the Dolphins defense.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
every time you say the ravens will win the super bowl is another year added to the curse where ravens will not win the super bowl. the curse of sharknado

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ravens, what happened?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i've always been a huge washington wizards/formula 1 guy

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

Kawalimus posted:

That's because Miami was blitzing like every down. And we're already bad at pass blocking. So Lamar and the coaches need to do a better job dealing with that. If it were that easy every team would just blitz every single down. We need to have playcalling that can counter it and train the QB to deal with it.

Joe Flacco was the worst QB in the league against pressure. Lamar is on his way there too not being able to handle blitzes. The constant is John Harbaugh.

I was wondering myself why they didnt use the flat more, or run screens when the pressure got high. You still need an o-line to give the qb time to run those counter-blitz options.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah it wouldnt have been perfect but we could have made them pay for it a few times and taken a lead and forced them to back off. I think the dead screens we kept running were maybe supposed to help but they were such badly designed and executed plays.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Alejandro Villanueva, left tackle

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

Alejandro Villanueva, left tackle

A sad truth

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1459026440507195397

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I do give Miami a lot of credit for sticking with what was working all game and not arbitrarily changing things up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think enough people are keeping it in mind. the raverns are heavily injured.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Cavauro posted:

i don't think enough people are keeping it in mind. the raverns are heavily injured.

which is such a shame because it gives harbaugh an excuse for another year

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Frankly disrespectful to the troops to do that to Big V on vets day. Smh

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

chamois posted:

i've always been a huge washington wizards/formula 1 guy

wizards are dope this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Despera posted:

wizards are dope this year

hell yeah :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Washington Wizards… welcome to the American football conference: North.