Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
That reminds me of the funny poop stories thread, strangely fitting for cspam.

Edit: What an awful snipe, here, have a picture of Boris flattening a child

Dravs has issued a correction as of 09:50 on Nov 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

CGI Stardust posted:

going doorknocking for Labour in the 2019 election (lol) was a delightfully eye-opening exercise in finding out just how many of the general populace would spout Mail-esque headlines about how Jomny Crobbins was an IRA-loving terrorist and a wrong 'un

Yup. Bonus points when the MP you're campaigning for merrily comes out with the same poo poo

I left shortly afterwards

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it really was completely insane

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1459132604750475268?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1459154964429824001?s=20

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/davies_will/status/1458802243189317634

totally normal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dravs posted:

That reminds me of the funny poop stories thread, strangely fitting for cspam.

Edit: What an awful snipe, here, have a picture of Boris flattening a child

I appreciate that there's more than one photoshoot where he's flattened kids whe playing sports

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

covid wasn't developed in wuhan or fort detrick, it was made by #FBPE freaks in london

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the media loving loves "criticized" "faces criticism." journalists have the easiest job on this dumb planet.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

WW1 was a tragedy of the elites murdering millions of poor people for literally no reason at all, if you want to memorialize that clusterfuck of idiocy you should be talking about rich people. Pretending anyone died for good reasons in that war is just blatant bullshit

I guess most places work around that by lumping the wars together but still

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

In a stodgy pre-war reactionary culture, WWI was so senseless that it single handedly ended monarchs having any direct power in europe and started a communist revolution in the most conservative empire in the world at that time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

it shouldn’t, but it always astonishes me how much the media hates him

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/MsSweetTD/status/1459061477168533504
https://twitter.com/AidanCTweets/status/1459070794206789655

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

In a stodgy pre-war reactionary culture, WWI was so senseless that it single handedly ended monarchs having any direct power in europe and started a communist revolution in the most conservative empire in the world at that time

POPPIES!! ARE LADS

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Biplane posted:

POPPIES!! ARE LADS

If "poppies" is just a way to refer to lads, I can understand those who bum the poppy a lot better.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

as a notorious commoner they have to check she's not thieving the silverware

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rustybear posted:

Tbf if they let me wander around Buckingham I'd rob anything that looked vaguely valuable.

Walking out the front door leaving a trail of silver spoons and 19th Century snuff boxes sliding out of my pant legs behind me.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rustybear posted:

At least they've stopped with the strip searches.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Real weird how Meghan got the gently caress out of dodge, baffling.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A personal favourite:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
he's 100% correct on all three things :colbert:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Absolutely.

Also just remembered the time Boris de Falafel Johnson turned up at The Cenotaph still-drunk on Remembrance Sunday morning and laid his wreath upside-down. Then the BBC accidentally searched for archive footage from a previous ceremony and accidentally replaced his cock-up with footage of him laying the wreath correctly from the year before.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The bbc seems accident prone

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

RandolphCarter posted:

it shouldn’t, but it always astonishes me how much the rich people who own the media hates him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
when you see them flailing about trying to choose one of their own you forget how powerful class solidarity is

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Absolutely.

Also just remembered the time Boris de Falafel Johnson turned up at The Cenotaph still-drunk on Remembrance Sunday morning and laid his wreath upside-down. Then the BBC accidentally searched for archive footage from a previous ceremony and accidentally replaced his cock-up with footage of him laying the wreath correctly from the year before.

worth noting that it probably wasn't an accident, even though they tried to assure us that it was an easy mistake for as long as they could https://twitter.com/MikeReigns4/status/1459163525855731716

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
just lmao at this headline

hmm let's look at the data shall we

"remaining steady" yeah that's one way of putting it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

A personal favourite:

is there some reason you shouldn't be able to have a beard if you work on a train? what on earth

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jazerus posted:

is there some reason you shouldn't be able to have a beard if you work on a train? what on earth

do underground trains have a SCBA or something for emergencies? thats the only thing I can think of where a beard would be relevant.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

do underground trains have a SCBA or something for emergencies? thats the only thing I can think of where a beard would be relevant.

At some point in the last 150 years a royal was on a train and saw a man with a terrible beard, and so it was decreed no beards for train men, probably.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gonadic io posted:

just lmao at this headline

hmm let's look at the data shall we

"remaining steady" yeah that's one way of putting it

It sort of is. We learned early in the pandemic that the gradient matters more than the numbers - rises are scary, but straight lines tend to fall in reasonably short order. If the virus isn't spreading, it ends up retreating.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Darth Walrus posted:

It sort of is. We learned early in the pandemic that the gradient matters more than the numbers - rises are scary, but straight lines tend to fall in reasonably short order. If the virus isn't spreading, it ends up retreating.

What? Are we looking at the same graph? I'm looking at one where new cases per day have remained consistently high in the UK for months, and not "retreating".

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

When the line has a slope of 1 it will go down in the future, don't you know this? This is what is known as magic time, it's the first chapter in the science books :science:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the papers have all decided its time for Boris to go lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
god gently caress cummings and his blog. also I really need to finish my "hedge against the bad future" bet and put £100 on priti being next pm

e: badder

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My brain says rishi but my gut is telling me it'll be like George eustice. Just a complete loving grey nonentity with no thoughts or views who can be told what to do

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the papers want sunak almost certainly but they don't control the insane tory membership

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

the papers want sunak almost certainly but they don't control the insane tory membership

Both the papers and the insane Tory membership are fond of Gove, god help us all.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Jose posted:

the papers have all decided its time for Boris to go lol

What are the stories showing this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

What are the stories showing this?

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1459286352281939976?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Darth Walrus posted:

Both the papers and the insane Tory membership are fond of Gove, god help us all.

Gove's first act as PM will be to declare that the sky is broken. He will inspire us to dig our way to a safer, stronger, subterranean Britain.

Murderion has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Nov 13, 2021