Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Friend posted:

To be fair, it's not crazy to be suspicious of goon donation drives considering the track record (lowtax needs a new spine and the website might close otherwise, what could go wrong?), but it has been said several times that this money will go into immediate needs and education trusts for the kids.

Granted you have to trust the people saying that, but if it doesn't turn out that way then please feel free to file a fraud complaint to gofundme against the widows and their children to get your :10bux: back I guess.

Edit:

lmao :nice:

Lmao holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gonna insert that quote about the education accounts into the op

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!

Famethrowa posted:

the worst case is someone buys a lot of lobster and we get a funny story. most people are out 10 bucks

the best case is we guarantee college for children who have had a lot of tragedy and trauma recently. we turn a lot of pain into something shining and positive.

you do your own calculus but I know mine.

In this kind of situation I feel like this is the best calculus to go by. Those kids can at least know that hundreds of complete strangers donated to help them out. Not much, but it's better than nothing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Kicked in $100 for the kids. Take care of yourselves.

MegaGatts posted:

So is this money going into a trust for the girls when they hit 18 or is it going to the moms directly? Just handing two people 90k or whatever basically assures that money's getting blown in a year or less. If there's some kind of legally enforceable mechanism that can be provided to ensure that money is being squared away for the kids I'll drop $100.

Heads up to all the goons donating, don't cancel your Christmas to buy another hotdog stand. This poo poo needs to be enforceable or you're just throwing your money away. I can't believe I have to say this here, apparently in the last 7 years since I visited people forgot, but never trust anyone on the internet with money.

Missed this but hey, gently caress you

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 12, 2021

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MegaGatts posted:

So is this money going into a trust for the girls when they hit 18 or is it going to the moms directly? Just handing two people 90k or whatever basically assures that money's getting blown in a year or less. If there's some kind of legally enforceable mechanism that can be provided to ensure that money is being squared away for the kids I'll drop $100.

Heads up to all the goons donating, don't cancel your Christmas to buy another hotdog stand. This poo poo needs to be enforceable or you're just throwing your money away. I can't believe I have to say this here, apparently in the last 7 years since I visited people forgot, but never trust anyone on the internet with money.

We're at a volume that I'm hiring a trust attorney, not because I don't trust LA and CYB but because there's tax implications I don't want to screw them (or me) over on.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

13Pandora13 posted:

We're at a volume that I'm hiring a trust attorney, not because I don't trust LA and CYB but because there's tax implications I don't want to screw them (or me) over on.

good idea. getting an unexpected letter from the IRS is one good way to ruin your entire day.

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

13Pandora13 posted:

Extremely good idea.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Any law-type goons know what happens to any money he had? Does it get split up for his children, or do his parents get it?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I donated :20bux: because I feel really bad for those girls. I hope they are able to live their lives comfortably in spite of all this. This was a traumatic and shocking turn of events and if my money helps even a little bit I will be very happy.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

13Pandora13 posted:

They'll also help you find all the deductions and such that apply, so that you can pay low tax one last time. :buddy:

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
I'm beginning to have legitimate concern that this money will actually go to the Kyanka children. I think we need to implement some accountability measure in order to absolutely, 1000% ensure these go to the children.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

Any law-type goons know what happens to any money he had? Does it get split up for his children, or do his parents get it?

This got mentioned when we German goons discussed this on Discord, but most likely his house will get sold and this plus whatever he had on hand will go to his immense mountain of tax debt first.

If there's still debt left, it'll probably go to the kids, so at this point I should mention I only know about German law, where you can refuse your inheritance if it's just negative money

But let's stay positive, most likely outcome is that Kyanka's estate will have enough money left in the end to pay the outstanding debts and an unknown leftover, which will then be split between all relatives of his.

Though at this point I'm fully expecting Rich trying one last gently caress you from beyond the grave with a last will that sends everything he had left to his mommy or something, in a sad attempt to prevent his ex-wives and kids from getting anything.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope the money goes to the kids and then they spend it all on menthol cigarettes.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

That's a really good idea. Hopefully it's unnecessary at this point, but it seems like that could also help make sure that any money going to the families isn't at risk of being exposed to any debts Lowtax's estate may have. I'm not really familiar with estate law and such, but having a lawyer on board is almost certainly the best course of action now.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't but help noticing there's a birb feeding a little birb in the gofundme image. Any special sentiment behind that?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Karate Bastard posted:

I can't but help noticing there's a birb feeding a little birb in the gofundme image. Any special sentiment behind that?

People donating money for kids

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Karate Bastard posted:

:iiaca:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:birddrugs:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ya know, I know money is tight these days, but if everybody who already donated threw just :10bux: on the pile, it probably hits that $90,000 goal by tomorrow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

uber_stoat posted:

i hope the money goes to the kids and then they spend it all on menthol cigarettes.

:hai:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Animal-Mother posted:

Ya know, I know money is tight these days, but if everybody who already donated threw just :10bux: on the pile, it probably hits that $90,000 goal by tomorrow.

Okay...another :10bux: into the fund.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Snowy posted:

People donating money for kids

Yah I'm a big birb person myself. You go birb :love:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

pliable posted:

I'm beginning to have legitimate concern that this money will actually go to the Kyanka children. I think we need to implement some accountability measure in order to absolutely, 1000% ensure these go to the children.

I understand your reservations and as I noted above, I am in the process of hiring an attorney to establish a trust.

Loosely the plan is to set up an even division for each girl with a large chunk reserved for when they are older and a smaller portion reserved for regular dispersal to LA and CBY to cover the girls' current care and support needs. This is not the area of law I have any level of expertise on though, which is why I'm hiring an attorney.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's a really good idea. Hopefully it's unnecessary at this point, but it seems like that could also help make sure that any money going to the families isn't at risk of being exposed to any debts Lowtax's estate may have. I'm not really familiar with estate law and such, but having a lawyer on board is almost certainly the best course of action now.

Debt doesn't pass to children, but yes, the idea is to make sure the money is fairly distributed, secure, and doesn't put them (or me) in a position tax-wise where it will cause problems.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Chipped in.

I also figure that if the fund isn't used per intention, the exes will make online stinks about it, as would two rather smart teenage girls.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
First off, wow, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

M and I are both still in a state of shock at the incredible response of the GFM and the kindness of people's best wishes to our kids and their future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't think of what else to say than that because I'm, like I said, in shock.

Thank you Goons and thank you to the creator of this GFM who is legitimately one of the best human beings I have ever encountered in my life even before the GFM was created.

pliable posted:

To address this concern, M and I have known the creator of the GFM for well over a year now, we have met in person and we both consider them a very close friend.

Beyond that they are incredibly ethical and even beyond that there are legal precautions being taken to ensure the money goes to the kids.

I hope this eases any worries anyone may have going forward!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bless you :love: hope it gets easier for you all from here on out

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

LadyAmbien posted:

M and I are both still in a state of shock at the incredible response of the GFM and the kindness of people's best wishes to our kids and their future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't think of what else to say than that because I'm, like I said, in shock.

Thank you Goons and thank you to the creator of this GFM who is legitimately one of the best human beings I have ever encountered in my life even before the GFM was created.

To address this concern, M and I have known the creator of the GFM for well over a year now, we have met in person and we both consider them a very close friend.

Beyond that they are incredibly ethical and even beyond that there are legal precautions being taken to ensure the money goes to the kids.

this place is a good place, and ending this chapter of its history with his victims having a positive interaction with this site helps put everything in better shape moving forward in my opinion. This entire situation sucks, his behavior was terrible, and his failure to even attempt to fight his demons is truly tragic. I hope this can at least make the term "something awful" have something other than pain associated with it, for his exes and his children.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Gave :10bux: more. Let’s keep it going.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that name sounds familiar... oh

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

I understand your reservations and as I noted above, I am in the process of hiring an attorney to establish a trust.

Loosely the plan is to set up an even division for each girl with a large chunk reserved for when they are older and a smaller portion reserved for regular dispersal to LA and CBY to cover the girls' current care and support needs. This is not the area of law I have any level of expertise on though, which is why I'm hiring an attorney.

Debt doesn't pass to children, but yes, the idea is to make sure the money is fairly distributed, secure, and doesn't put them (or me) in a position tax-wise where it will cause problems.

Awesome, thank you for doing the lords work 🙏🏼

There are so many conflicting stories flying around that I do not know what is true and what is not anymore. All I loving want is to ensure this money goes directly to benefit the kids and not a dime is squandered on horse poo poo.

pliable fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 13, 2021

5er
Jun 1, 2000

pliable posted:

Awesome, thank you for doing the lords work 🙏🏼

There is so many conflicting stories flying around that I do not know what is true and what is not anymore. All I loving want is to ensure this money goes directly to benefit the kids and not a dime is squandered on horse poo poo.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the girls' own psycho grandmother is behind any of the narrative that is working to pull down the gofundme. With her 'connections' and 'resources'.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Animal-Mother posted:

Well can’t argue with that.. :10bux:

Actually made it 15 to bring my total to 40 now. Goon giving is good.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 13, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Had to throw in the $8 for an even 75k

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Gave a hundred. Hope I can give more, soon.

Thank you 13Pandora13 for helping. To LA and all the kids, I hope you find peace and healing.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The moms can blow a grand of it on a celebratory wine and cheese party for all I care, just give them :10bux: and move on

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.

E_Motion posted:

I did a thing

(ignore the weird language k)

Noice.

Libluini posted:

This got mentioned when we German goons discussed this on Discord, but most likely his house will get sold and this plus whatever he had on hand will go to his immense mountain of tax debt first.

If there's still debt left, it'll probably go to the kids, so at this point I should mention I only know about German law, where you can refuse your inheritance if it's just negative money

But let's stay positive, most likely outcome is that Kyanka's estate will have enough money left in the end to pay the outstanding debts and an unknown leftover, which will then be split between all relatives of his.

Though at this point I'm fully expecting Rich trying one last gently caress you from beyond the grave with a last will that sends everything he had left to his mommy or something, in a sad attempt to prevent his ex-wives and kids from getting anything.

I only have some information about Florida law, because I just spent 2 months helping my Aunt out after her husband died in July. So if you have money accounts, where you have a designated distribution, like insurance/401k/IRA and I think even bank accounts, it bypasses probate court and that money is distributed directly without going through an estate sale etc. If anyone has a name on any shared property, like a house or a car that will go directly to the surviving party. Then anything that remains would be sold and would pay off any debts.

So if Lowtax had any cash on hand, and he had put the kids names as the beneficiaries I think that would bypass any debt collectors and would have been a boon for them.

Now in Florida, I know the lawyer told my aunt that any medical bills she could just write on them addressee is dead and not pay them. Any other debts I assume would still be collected from the remaining estate. Again, this is just my limited experience helping out a retiree with the death of a spouse and I'm sure real lawyers on here know more.

dark_3y3 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 13, 2021

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Added my ten bucks for the girls. I hope it all helps and they know the goons ( And lady goons like myself) are thinking of them with kind thoughts, heavy hearts for their loss and wish them all well.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

E_Motion posted:

gently caress it, sent $20 each for both of you. You can donate yourself when your money situation is better (or don't, I'm not your boss)

Thanks fellow goon, you are good.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

LadyAmbien posted:

I was also previously married to an rear end in a top hat and I know when you separate there is lingering doubts about "well, was it me who was the problem? Did I do something to bring this onto myself?" I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where I had gone wrong. My marriage didn't last long and we didn't have any kids and it was over ten years ago, but it still kinda fucks with my head to this day.

I can only imagine what you're going through as your situation is about a million times more intense than mine was. I truly hope that the kind words and support you're getting in the wake of this give you comfort and the succor to get through this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
In for $20 to match signup fee and one ban fee.

ROOTIN FOR DEM KIDZ