Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The short beat before he says his last line is absolute comedy gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

WonkyBob posted:

Cutscene glitches seem to be happening in Vice too, this one also has some hilariously wonky gun holding (the model looks slightly too big when he sits on the couch).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6krDNklDY
As you can clearly see here behind all the vibrating guards clipping through each other, the gun model is slightly too big.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

but yeah im fine with cut scenes ending w a random car running people over, that makes me nostalgic

:hmmyes: I would pay more for games if the devs didn't work so hard to avoid this

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Carthag Tuek posted:

its worse before he sits on the couch, it clips out of his forearm

but yeah im fine with cut scenes ending w a random car running people over, that makes me nostalgic

Brilliant, I was trying to work out if they'd forgotten to add the shelf under the VCR and missed that.

zedprime posted:

As you can clearly see here behind all the vibrating guards clipping through each other, the gun model is slightly too big.

The vibrating guards are a feature, the slightly too big gun model is a bug.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I never played vice city and now I want to play it because Luis Guzman is in it, even if I have to play the bad version

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

I never played vice city and now I want to play it because Luis Guzman is in it, even if I have to play the bad version

Greendale’s own Luis Guzman?!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
probably one of my favorite guzman monologues after christopher walken mows down a bunch of poor people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQcmgzKf9Ps&t=134s

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Literally Kermit posted:

The short beat before he says his last line is absolute comedy gold
"I'm gonna hit you so hard you turn into a paint can."

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ok for real. i cant stop laughing at this gta 7 to 9 jersey. does anyone know how this could happen?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Hackers film 1995 posted:

ok for real. i cant stop laughing at this gta 7 to 9 jersey. does anyone know how this could happen?

At a guess, they had a bump map and an albedo (color) map, and they did two separate OCR+upscale passes on them instead of doing just one. And then the passes returned different text.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Man, first Warcraft 3 remaster and now this. Whats the deal with these rear end backwards remasters from previously competent companies?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

GyverMac posted:

Man, first Warcraft 3 remaster and now this. Whats the deal with these rear end backwards remasters from previously competent companies?

They’re just cash grabs, they think they can ride on nostalgia

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Everyone competent was fired for not bringing in enough money.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Didn't they let some mobile game company do the remasters?

I'm so glad that as a video game hipster I haven't cared about any of the GTA's since 2

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

packetmantis posted:

Everyone competent was fired for not bringing in enough money.

I want to believe one or two left on their own accord :ohdear:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Phlegmish posted:

Didn't they let some mobile game company do the remasters?

In so far as they're the group who ported the games to mobile platforms, yes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Potrzebie posted:

I want to believe one or two left on their own accord :ohdear:

No, no, it's GTA. They left in a Chavos

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The latest Dolphin Emulator Progress Report is a wild ride

The high point is a floating point physics bug in True Crime NYC that turned out to be the game was ported from PS2, which doesn't support NaNs or infinities, and thus routinely divides by zero expecting to get a large but finite number; for the gamecube port they just installed a custom floating point exception handler that replicates the PS2 behaviour rather than updating the physics code, and Dolphin didn't support SIGFPE handlers because no other game on the platform uses that feature.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1459773444531310593?t=pNMlDiUooeM4oMrEymqBNQ&s=19

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this is great

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

But why? I mean surely he had an idea something bad was going to happen because why else spend 50 minutes at the same soda machine?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He was very thirsty

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

That particular GTA has a mechanic where you get fat if you eat a lot, he's probably testing that.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Zil posted:

But why? I mean surely he had an idea something bad was going to happen because why else spend 50 minutes at the same soda machine?

No the game should not account for everything s player may do, because that's literally impossible. But the game should account for some weirdass behavior. For instance, cutting off the players ability to drink soda after like, 5-10 drinks would mitigate this issue easily

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was gonna say, I couldn't remember how quickly that mechanic worked, but I really hope it was Skinny CJ 50 minutes earlier

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I hope the game still has the bug that's in some of the ports where it is impossibly hard to get CJ to gain weight. For some reason that slider just drains faster. Thus like every screenshot has a horribly emaciated CJ but you can't tell anything is wrong cuz he's 100 polygons and a jpg

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Zil posted:

Something something 28 Days Later.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bonus, he can no longer start the game

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1459774990677651459

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dammit CJ, why you gotta be a game busta

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

You can also get CJ swole as hell by working out 3 times a day for like 3 days. Gaining 7 kg of muscles per day has to feel weird.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Brandfarlig posted:

You can also get CJ swole as hell by working out 3 times a day for like 3 days. Gaining 7 kg of muscles per day has to feel weird.

I can confirm this doesnt work

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When I was younger, my little sister and I would jump on the hidden multiplayer splitscreen mode thing in SA and would try to like, wedge the screen between buildings so we could fight for camera supremacy and other horrible visual nonsense. She always enjoyed shouting about just how much she wanted to kill CJ

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CJacobs posted:

When I was younger, my little sister and I would jump on the hidden multiplayer splitscreen mode thing in SA and would try to like, wedge the screen between buildings so we could fight for camera supremacy and other horrible visual nonsense. She always enjoyed shouting about just how much she wanted to kill CJ

I know it was possible in that mode to have one player's head cut off with a katana and survive, because I still have fond memories of the meltdown my friend had when he did that and I ran up to him... and pulled him in for a makeout session with my blood-spewing stump of a neck. :unsmigghh:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE drat FOOD PYRAMID, CJ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/m56IvpW.mp4
And my barrel roll points didn't even count :smith:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/m56IvpW.mp4
And my barrel roll points didn't even count :smith:

In FH4 I could get under the map by driving under these canoes/docks on a little lake, was pretty funny.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

CJacobs posted:

I hope the game still has the bug that's in some of the ports where it is impossibly hard to get CJ to gain weight. For some reason that slider just drains faster. Thus like every screenshot has a horribly emaciated CJ but you can't tell anything is wrong cuz he's 100 polygons and a jpg

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No the game should not account for everything s player may do, because that's literally impossible. But the game should account for some weirdass behavior. For instance, cutting off the players ability to drink soda after like, 5-10 drinks would mitigate this issue easily
I'm guessing it's not getting rid of the dropped soda cans while you're looking at them.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Zil posted:

He was trying to spend enough money to get to an exact $5000 so that he could lose it all on the horse betting tracks. Now you might be wondering, "why"? Well, the answer to that is "because Joel". He almost stopped at six grand and Twitch chat was ecstatic since he'd already been at it for around 20 minutes after starting out at $6221.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zereth posted:

I'm guessing it's not getting rid of the dropped soda cans while you're looking at them.
Soda debris wouldn't be persistent in the save to crash him on the way back in. But who knows.

I'd throw my hat in for fat overflow.