Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sorry, I thought I included the link. It's herbs, apparently. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002093975616.html

Under 20 bux for a three month supply. At that price can you afford not to stick the mystery patch on your body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Hang on, I gotta fire up my Pyramid Scheme random name generator so I can set up a Facebook group

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sorry, I thought I included the link. It's herbs, apparently. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002093975616.html

Under 20 bux for a three month supply. At that price can you afford not to stick the mystery patch on your body?
Oh yeah, this is 'a thing'.

A coworker used to use Saran wrap to affix a bunch of herbs to their stomach. All it did was give them a bad rash.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Maybe that thing is a tapeworm inserter and a bandage to put over the bore-hole after you use it.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Unperson_47 posted:

Maybe that thing is a tapeworm inserter and a bandage to put over the bore-hole after you use it.

gently caress it, pretend I posted that scene from the matrix where agent Smith puts worm in neo's belly button.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 12, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Just got the impact. Was moving a truck out to get picked up and after dark so just time to quick test. Seems great for $30. Popped in a 21 and 18v battery from the chainsaws and worked fine on both. Tried it on some lug nuts that were put on with an impact and it took some hammering from the gun to loosen them but zipped them off fine. If it holds up will be great for my purposes

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

goblin week posted:

Or the tsarist russian coat of arms. Or the byzantine empire! Or the habsburg one! Or the short lived kingdom of yugoslavia! Or the scottish freemasonry!

I googled it, like a grown up. The one on the ring looks like pretty much every double headed eagle. I think the gold plating on it was unsalvageable, though, so I’ll probably skip it anyway.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have been asked to link these exfoliating bath mittens on behalf of another poster. So, here you are.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Heath posted:

I have been asked to link these exfoliating bath mittens on behalf of another poster. So, here you are.

:siren::wooper: :siren::wooper: :siren::wooper::siren:

E- ordered!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I've been enjoying the bootleg mini Lego* sets - it's an enjoyable way to kill a rainy evening in with my partner. They also make me retroactively appreciate the quality of regular Lego - not having to apply a bunch of stickers, pieces that snap together without any dramas, less-obtuse instructions. Here's a slightly out of focus pic of the lil' takoyaki joint sitting in front of my TV:

This seemed like a good place to ask: are there any sites for getting stuff custom made from China (or other places)? I was looking to get some sewing (like a tent type thing) and acrylic boxes made. I do have local options here in Australia but I don't think they'd be cost effective, willing to take a punt and see what I get back.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 13, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I've been enjoying the bootleg mini Lego* sets - it's an enjoyable way to kill a rainy evening in with my partner. They also make me retroactively appreciate the quality of regular Lego - not having to apply a bunch of stickers, pieces that snap together without any dramas, less-obtuse instructions. Here's a slightly out of focus pic of the lil' takoyaki joint sitting in front of my TV:

This seemed like a good place to ask: are there any sites for getting stuff custom made from China (or other places)? I was looking to get some sewing (like a tent type thing) and acrylic boxes made. I do have local options here in Australia but I don't think they'd be cost effective, willing to take a punt and see what I get back.

yeah put up an RFQ on alibaba with the details of what you want and you'll get a lot of responses. usually better for bulk purchases but you can check the MOQ
it's surprisingly easy, i got a ton of random poo poo made there

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Mx. posted:

yeah put up an RFQ on alibaba with the details of what you want and you'll get a lot of responses. usually better for bulk purchases but you can check the MOQ
it's surprisingly easy, i got a ton of random poo poo made there

That is good to know!

I recently went through a long search process on AliBaba for some 3mm black glass plates and finding someone that would deal with a non-commercial MOQ (less than a 20' container) was a huge pain, but I hadn't actually tried the RFQ process. I did wind up finding someone but the shipping essentially doubled the cost - still went with it because you can't get black glass in that thickness for love or money here in Australia AFAIK.

I was also trying to get some silver nitrate but when I asked how the hazmat shipping was so cheap they said "oh yeah we just label it as something else" :stare:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Rainy Saturday Aliexpress NFC ring report

iPhones aren’t the best with NFC to start with and trying to read these rings was quite a challenge. There’s one specific spot on the ring and on the phone I needed to align to make it read and trying to write to it was almost impossible - I did finally manage it but even if I rested the phone on the ring it would often fail to read/write.

I might try cracking the ring open to see if maybe the coating is blocking it - I did eventually realise I needed to remove the phones case to read the things.

Essentially they’re impractical for anything I’ve thought about doing with them at the moment unless I can improve the readability.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mine works fantastic with android hth

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Ethics_Gradient posted:

This is cute, I've had it on my wishlist for a while.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Killingyouguy! posted:

What would you use this for? I can only think of unlocking the phone but I can do that already with my finger

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

What would you use this for? I can only think of unlocking the phone but I can do that already with my finger

Android actually axed NFC unlocks ("a bloo bloo bloo someone might copy the tag") but I'm p sure if you install a custom ROM you can restore it
idk, it's a fun toy for $5 or whatever. I currently have mine set to launch Syncthing and start the backup to my pc but will probably find something more useful for it

I also picked up some NFC tag stickers, there's one that lives inside my front door to connect guests to the wifi

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

One of the coolest uses of NFC I have seen is a business card that sends your contact info to the phone when you touch it.

The ring could be used for that.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Big ol' package came in with a bunch of Christmas stuff I ordered either early last month or late September.

And for me:

I feel a little guilty not buying something similar when it appeared on the Queens Of The Stone Age's site like 10 or 15 years ago. But they were charging like $60 with their logo on it. This was $15.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003245758690.html

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
oh holy crap

Can we get a close-up of the material? Incredibly tempted, but all my Ali-Express t-shirt attempts have been incredibly bad

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

It's a decently thickish poly-blend.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

thanks thread, this is just what i needed

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Don't feel bad about not buying it from Queens of the Stone Age in 2013, they probably got it from a knitting pattern that had been published in 2008. Tbf though I'm sure it's not the first time in human history someone's had that idea.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

I talked to a friend who has one and paid like $6 for it and he has no troubles with it - also on Android - so going to check that out next week and also have him try my ring too.

It may just be a case of me going too cheap on Ali, I paid $1.25 ea and the reviews were the usual of 4/5 stars but looking now at the reviews and there’s a lot of recent one stars.

But the new low ratings are still outnumbered by five stars and Mr Smooth from Egypt here.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

I talked to a friend who has one and paid like $6 for it and he has no troubles with it - also on Android - so going to check that out next week and also have him try my ring too.

It may just be a case of me going too cheap on Ali, I paid $1.25 ea and the reviews were the usual of 4/5 stars but looking now at the reviews and there’s a lot of recent one stars.

But the new low ratings are still outnumbered by five stars and Mr Smooth from Egypt here.

Lol! Using his headshot to review products. I hope it works and he starts getting parts in Egyptian tv.

Although, more likely, Ali is just gonna yoink that headshot and start using it for promotional material for their print on demand vendors.

He’s the next LEGO mosaic kit on demand promo picture.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Cheesus posted:

It's a decently thickish poly-blend.

Nice, thanks!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

He doesn't. There's only one toilet on the entire ship, and only the captain can access it

Makes sense because that's where they keep the Captain's Log

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Any best Yeezy links? I seem to have found a good reviewed setup for about $50 shipped didn’t know if anyone had ordered any good ones for any less

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Really testing the limits of Ali shipping by picking up a pair of walkie talkie radios with car kits that are to be used over xmas/january.

I did a little research and these seem to be somewhat decent and we have two cars travelling into some remote places over the holidays - so phones aren’t really an option. I don’t think we actually need them, and never have before but I just thought it’d be fun, annoying and a little bit useful. For example not having to try and get the other drivers attention when making a piss stop; or making loud fart noises for hours on end.

“Baofeng uv 5r” is the search term. There’s a lot of sellers and I have no idea if I picked a good one.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Those will transmit on licensed bands and can apparently exceed the legal transmit power on unlicensed bands. Just an FYI from me, but some people take this stuff very seriously and the penalties can exceed a slap on the wrist. I would recommend doing some background research on legality before you use them.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I'll echo that.

Make sure you use the bands that as long as you don't be a dick no one will care vs the bands that will get you in deep legal problems.

Then don't be a dick and as long as you are in the arse of of no where it should be OK but my legal advice is to make sure you are licensed to use the bands and power output you use.

The airwaves are a limited and valuable resource and people guard their sections jealously as well as the normal parts of not stopping the emergency services from saving peoples lives.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I need one of those pics where the mens underwear has a puff coming out of the crotch to signify that it breathes well
i need this for a joke tweet
can anyone hook me up, i can't seem to find the right keywords

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I did try to pick ones that fell within the legal limits - max of 5w output and works on public CB channels.

Hopefully they don’t get stopped at the border for being unlicensed unregulated transmission devices or something.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Killingyouguy! posted:

I need one of those pics where the mens underwear has a puff coming out of the crotch to signify that it breathes well

I thought I would be able to find this for sure but I mostly found skimpy womens lingerie or lacy casuits for men

This is close but it seems to let a penis offgas or something

US $2.37 5% Off | JOCKMAIL Sexy Men Underwear boxershort Scrotum Care Capsule Function Youth Health Seoul U convex Pouch separation Boxer Gay
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLkMTaw

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 15, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Also there’s these tactical pants that show a fart for no apparent reason

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snowy posted:

Also there’s these tactical pants that show a fart for no apparent reason

I think that is to signal that the fabric is breathable. The do it with all the men's underwear too.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think that is to signal that the fabric is breathable. The do it with all the men's underwear too.

:hmmyes: I think I'm going to need you to find me an example there, chief

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

If I remember correctly, “sissy” might be the incorrectly translated word you need for the men’s underwear that looks good on men. They think only gay dudes would like those underpants. I can weigh in on that party, since I am not a gay man.

Those ads always make me giggle when they pop up. I’ll see if one shows up for you.

Edit: I swear I saw a boxer briefs ad with fart lines, like, a week ago.

I can’t find any right now, but if you wanted a haunted underpants ad:

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 15, 2021

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
My read is they don't want to buy underwear with a puff physically printed on it, they want a promo pic with a puff photoshopped on. Like this
but underwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.