Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
relatively recent post, but does anyone have a link to the story about the screaming gamer girlfriend which featured a line to the effect of "I thought she stayed up all night gaming because she was afraid of the sun" or something? I've been having a bad few months (years) headspace wise and that's one of the few things that has really made me laugh in these dark times, I want to save it forever and treasure it like the gem it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA For Admitting To My Husband That I Wasn't Actually Happy On Our Wedding Day?

No word if the grandmother is around still. I bet she would have looked so lovely in the dress! I mean, assuming she even let the OP stand in the bride's place in the wedding.

:10bux: says Granny got the first dance.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Woodchip posted:

Im pregnant and my husband is driving me nuts.

as far as diet, isn't it pretty much eat whatever you want? Besides like sushi, and a few other random things?

it's cool he's excited and trying to do his best, but yeah, he needs a sit down talk. probably.

hopefully, he'll be a rad Dad, but if carries over this insane control to the kid, maybe not so much

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

1stGear posted:

Let MIL do it for this year. When she realizes the incredible amount of work it is cooking Thanksgiving dinner alone, she'll be thrilled to hand it over to the OP.

Or they could do the thing some families do and make Thanksgiving and other holiday feasts bit of a potluck, where people agree to each bring a few supplemental dishes and show up early enough to help the person hosting with prep and cooking. That's how my family has been doing holiday meals for years and it's fun. Not very traditional though.

Blastedhellscape fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 14, 2021

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Was there ever an update to that guy who was teaching children over zoom and his wife or girlfriend just would not stop interrupting the class?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Blastedhellscape posted:

Or they could do the thing some families do and make Thanksgiving and other holiday feasts bit of a potluck, where people agree to each bring a few supplemental dishes and show up early enough to help the person hosting with prep and cooking. That's how my family has been doing holiday meals for years and it's fun.

We often do this, too. It's really great. We've had maybe some unconventional thanksgiving dinners (gyoza, this year) but they've all been really good, and no one is stuck working harder than everyone else.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Street Horrrsing posted:

Was there ever an update to that guy who was teaching children over zoom and his wife or girlfriend just would not stop interrupting the class?

My [33m] wife [25f] constantly makes a conscious effort to humiliate me during my lessons over Zoom

quote:

While under normal circumstances I would try to communicate my feelings to my wife, I am at my wits' end for how to handle this situation, as I have exhausted all of the typical conflict resolution means.

Being a teacher, I am currently giving lessons over Zoom. I recognize that studying math over Zoom isn't the most exciting thing in the world for students, and I can barely get them to even pretend to be interested in my lessons when we're in the classroom, but they have done an admirable job of staying focused. My wife is making it extremely difficult on my end, though.

Several months ago when my lessons began, I went from working long hours to being at home all day. Unfortunately my wife does not seem to understand that while I am at home, and while I can occasionally help out with a chore or two, I still have actual work to do. Between lesson prep, grading, and meetings, my schedule is quite full.

The first time she interrupted my lesson, she abruptly opened the door to the room where I was teaching and loudly asked me to do the dishes. This was unbelievably awkward as I was in the middle of teaching three dozen tenth graders geometry. I told her we would talk about it later, but not being deterred, she asked if that was a "yes" or a "no." I said it was a "yes," but that I was in the middle of a lesson. Without a word she closed the door. I got some chuckles from the students but a bit of red-cheeked embarrassment was the extent of the damage.

The next time, two days later, she again barged in holding a pair of my pants that I left on the floor of our bedroom. She loudly stated "you need to pick up after yourself." This time, before responding, I muted my mic and turned off my camera telling her that I was in the middle of a lesson. Again, she walked away without a word.

At this point I moved my setup into the basement of our house so I could avoid further interruption. Since my basement looks like it probably has a few dead bodies buried in it, my students have begun to call me "Basement Dad," which is endearing, but I would rather teach in a room where I'm not going to get asbestos in my lungs. The trouble really began when I started locking the door to prevent interruptions.

My wife will begin by rattling the door a few times, followed by pounding on it. Then she'll groan loudly and say something negative about me. After that I can hear her walking around the house slamming doors.

A few weeks ago, she was literally jumping up and down, stomping her feet, in the room above mine. In the first months of these online lessons I set up a hotkey to mute my mic and disable my camera instantly when needed, and luckily my reflexes honed from Counter-Strike in my teens has paid off. But there have been times where she has sneaked in an embarrassing moment for me.

Every time I have patiently explained to her that I need complete quiet to teach my lessons, and she says "yeah yeah yeah OK." Then in the next lesson, without fail, she'll find something new to complain about and throw a tantrum, trying to humiliate me in front of my students. While my mute game is on point, students have recognized something is wrong. One of my 9th graders even sent me an email asking if everything was OK. I had to make up a lame excuse about needing to mute my mic because of a sudden grinding noise that happens in my old basement. There's no way she bought that.

Since I'm unable to go out, unable to even enter the school grounds, and have no place to go to avoid my wife, I'm unbelievably anxious when I teach. I have tried talking to her calmly, and I even tried to get angry at her. When I yelled at her for forcefully sliding plastic files under the door so they'd float down in the background during my lessons, she expected me to apologize for getting angry at her.

How can I even approach this kind of problem?

TL;DR: my wife is acting ridiculous when I'm teaching lessons over Zoom. Most of the rest of the day she's normal, but during lessons she does everything in her power to sabotage me.

This one?

quote:

About a week and a half ago, I made a post here about my wife consciously trying to sabotage my lessons over Zoom. It seemed that everything she did was just to embarrass me in front of my students. If you want more information about the situation, you can find the original post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/illtan/my_33m_wife_25f_constantly_makes_a_conscious/

My first lesson after making that post, my wife went straight back to her old antics. I was in the lesson room as students gradually joined, talking to a student who was interested in luxury cars. At some point during the conversation, I said “yeah I think I’d have to go with the Lamborghini there.” I heard from behind the door in the basement where I was teaching “LaMBorGhiNi” in the sarcastic exaggerated tone of voice that kids will use to mock you. I realized she was being childish again, but figured she’d eventually tire herself out.

A few minutes after the lesson started, I used the word “circumference” to describe a word problem. I then heard “ciRCuMFeREnCe” from behind the door at the top of the stairs, followed by giggling. Since the timing was right, as I was about to have the students take a shot at a problem, I set them to the task, muted my mic/disabled my camera, and quietly crept up the stairs. I suddenly opened the door to find my wife with a cup over her ear pushed against the door so she could hear me.

I whisper-shouted at her for her behavior for about a minute. I asked if she was five years old and what the hell was wrong with her. She feigned fear and shock as if I had held her against the wall with my hands wrapped around her throat, which made me just sigh and go back downstairs to finish my lesson.

For the rest of the lesson she was quiet, but after it I went upstairs to bring up what she did. She started asking if I was going to yell at her again. I responded that I wouldn't, and I tried to get back on topic, but no matter what I said about her behavior, her response was the same. When I brought up her stomping in the room above before, “are you going to yell at me again?” When I brought up her sliding plastic files under the door during a lesson before, “oh, are you going to yell at me again?” When I brought up anything she has done during lessons, the answer was the same, over and over again.

There is absolutely no way to broach the topic with her now. I called her doctor and said that her behavior is erratic, and that she might have PPD. The doctor said that he could ask about it when she came in, but there is not much else he could do. The next day I tried to sit my wife down for a calm discussion about the possibility of her having PPD, to which she responded she had PTSD from my “abusive shouting.” Right. When I suggested therapy, together, she said “oh, to fix your anger management problems? Sounds good.”

I teach in my car in front of a Starbucks now. Outside of lesson time we haven't really had any issues, and now that I'm outside the house teaching, we are strained but stable. I know this is not a very satisfactory outcome, but I think she has deep underlying issues that are going to need professional intervention. When I said I would happily go to therapy with her to find a solution to our communication issues, she told me that I should go alone. I think that may actually be a good step because having a neutral party to listen to my worries and guide me towards better de-escalation tactics would be highly beneficial. I could also try to entice her to join gradually.

TL;DR: my wife has no desire to change. I’m going to start therapy alone and see if I can’t get her to join. Her doctor will bring up the possibility of PPD in her next appointment.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hughlander posted:

My [33m] wife [25f] constantly makes a conscious effort to humiliate me during my lessons over Zoom

This one?

Wow I've never wanted to divorce someone else's spouse before

There's no way this is the first time she's been like this, this is just the first time it's been something he can't just drop and live with

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hughlander posted:

This one?

My favorite part of this story is the mental image of the wife pawing at the door like a god drat cat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like her with a cup against the door mocking him, then acting like Dobby the House Elf when he opens the door and yells at her

MASTER NO NO PLEASE WILL YOU STRIKE ME AGAIN YOU MONSTER, I DID NOTHING, NOTHING

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Give me your bathtub

WIBTA if I didn't let my brother's girlfriend have her baby at my house? posted:

I'm posting anonymously for privacy reasons.

My brother has made a really weird request of me. He asked me if him and his girlfriend could use my house to give birth at. I didn't even know what he was getting at at first but he explained to me that their apartment doesn't have a bathtub, is too small for an inflatable pool and it would attract too much attention if the birth was there and the neighbors will likely call the authorities. I have a house instead of an apartment and I have a bathtub and more room then them. My brother thinks I should be honored about this.

I thought this was so weird. I thought they would go to the hospital like is normal but they haven't used a doctor at all so I have no idea how it works and if the hospital would ask who their doctor is. My brother said I don't have to be there if I feel uncomfortable. I don't have a problem with him or his girlfriend but I feel strange at the thought of leaving the 2 of them alone with my house. I'm a guy and I don't have kids so I admit to no experience in this area but I'm also worried something could go wrong because neither my brother or his girlfriend are doctors or have any medical training. My brother and his girlfriend have been saying how upset they'll be if I say no, that the mother being comfortable is what's most important and I shouldn't deny her and that I'll look like a jerk if I turn down their request because they don't have a backup house. I just don't get why they can't go to the hospital even though I have not said it. My mom also hinted one time to me it would be a nice thing to do.

WIBTA if I didn't let them use my house for the birth, because it makes me feel weird and uncomfortable and I would prefer they use a hospital?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Mormon Nailer posted:

Give me your bathtub
What the gently caress?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That woman is going to die in childbirth and the brother needs a convenient dumping spot for the corpse(s), so why not someone else's yard?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Antivehicular posted:

That woman is going to die in childbirth and the brother needs a convenient dumping spot for the corpse(s), so why not someone else's yard?

Alternatively, that woman is going to die in childbirth and the brother needs someone who can be sued over it

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, I was waiting for an update about that woman whose husband and FIL were both completely obsessed with the idea that she would die in childbirth.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Nebrilos posted:

Oh, I was waiting for an update about that woman whose husband and FIL were both completely obsessed with the idea that she would die in childbirth.

There is a fairly obvious reason why there will never be an update to that post.

AITA For giving a (male) employee “only” 12 weeks of “paternity” leave. While giving my assistant 6 months of paid leave on top of the standard 12 weeks of maternity leave?

quote:

There’s a man, and known slacker, who works under me, who had exhausted his vacation time (working from home was a non-starter for him), take 12 weeks of “paternity leave”. After his wife gave birth. He claimed he needed, “more time to bond with his child” afterwards. Which just seemed like more excuses to me.
The issue arose when my personal assistant took her maternity leave. And then was given 6 additional months of paid leave, due to postpartum issues. I’m unsure how he found out, but He asked to speak to me about it. And our conversation culminated in me saying I gave it to her to, “bond with her child”. Which was untrue. Real reason had more to do with postpartum depression. But that’s her business. I had admittedly forgotten that that was one of his arguments for being permitted more paid leave. And now according to another employee he’s saying I’m sexist, and playing, “favorites”.
My wife made a comment about how I think paternity leave for men is a joke. And that subconsciously that’s the real reason. And she’s correct that I don’t understand men who take leave when their wives give birth. If they want to work from home or something I get that. Wouldn’t do it myself, but wouldn’t think of it as a joke like paternity leave. But I stand by the fact that the 2 are not the same. He’s a slacker who looks for ways out, and she’s one of the best employees I’ve ever had.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does that OP know the risks of child death / pregnancy going real bad real fast? That tub's gunna be haunted as gently caress. I went looking for that AITA and found these instead.

quote:

WIBTA if I send my parents to jail?

My (29f) parents have always been in financial trouble, something that I have never been able to understand because they both have a really generous salary (more than three times my own). Because of these financial troubles, my auns, uncles, and grandma have had over the years to lend them money, we were evicted a couple of times (that I know), we have had the water, the electricity and the internet cut... Many things that over the years I admit have affected my emotional and mental health.

All of this has made my relationship with my parents very difficult over the years, more when they would take advantage of me making me pay for many things with the money that I earned working during holidays to pay for college or making me call my grandma to ask her for money, all of it while my mum used to spend money whenever she could in purses or jewellery .

In the moment I became an adult because they started to sign on the bills under my name without my permission mostly because their credit was so bad that the companies wouldn't allow them to sign with their own names. When I figured it out I asked them to stop but they just lied about it and I just let it go because I couldn't deal with it.

Fast forward to the present, because of the 'rona situation, I was looking forward the money from my income tax return, because my salary has gone down so this money would have helped a lot. Instead of it, I received a letter from a courthouse saying that the money has been confiscated. I immediately phoned my mum and she said that she didn't know anything about it but she will fix it. Since I don't trust her at all I called the court myself and then they explained me that during the last year there has been a proccess against me by a company I owe money from unpaid bills. All the papers had been sent to my parents and they had sign and take them. The debt was not paid with the money from the tax income so part of my salary from now on will be confiscated too until is fully paid.

So my parents stole my identity to contract a bill under my name, didn't pay for it and when the company claim that debt through lawyers and a judge they kept all the papers from me (which is also illegal) apparently waiting for all of it to be fixed by itself.

My mother said that it was her right to put it under my name because I am her daughter and it is my duty to help with the family burdens. Since then, and after really nasty words from her side and my sister's (who says that I am ungrateful and selfish) I haven't spoken to them and I am in the middle of a global pandemic with my salary already low, paying for a debt that it is not mine.

My friends and boyfriend say that I should talk with the police and stop all of this because otherwise they will keep doing it and I am afraid they will.

So, WIBTA if I speak with the court even if it means that my parents (70 and 63) could go to jail?

Edit: Answers to some questions here

Eleven years of identity fraud, goddam!

quote:

https://rareddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/phl8qq/my24f_sister30_hid_her_pregnancy_from_me_so_that/

My(24F) sister(30) hid her pregnancy from me so that I could move into a house she could only afford if I was renting. Now that I want to move out, some friends are telling me I shouldn’t as she can’t afford to be on her own. I feel stuck
I moved in with my sister almost four years ago. She took me in when I had nowhere else to go, and I have been forever grateful.

I live with my sister, her husband, and four children. Although it’s a lot of us, I have always had my own room, and I paid $600 for it. Unfortunately, they’re not very financially stable, so my rent money goes a long way for them. The apartments we lived in weren’t great, but there wasn’t much to complain about. Around April of this year, she suddenly told me the apartment management had told her the contract wasn’t getting renewed. And that it ended in May. That was in less than a month, so I didn’t have time to find roommates or a new place. I was stressing. The next day though, she told me she had seen a house already. More space, big back yard and that I could get my own bathroom plus a parking garage. My rent would be $800 now, but with all that included plus, since the kids would have their own room, I could use the kitchen a lot more. I said yes, as it’s not like I had any other options. Fast forward to now. That was all a lie. I pay $800, which is almost my whole check, and my bathroom is everyone’s bathroom. She has a bathroom in her room but says she likes mine better as it has a tub and a bigger sink and space. She showers all the kids plus the dog there, and my bathroom is always dirty. The parking garage she took because they have two cars and it’s easier on them to use both garages. I’ve had it. I want to move out. Yesterday morning I woke up to the kids telling me they have a new baby sister? I was confused. Until my brother-in-law came into the kitchen and told me my sister had given birth to a baby girl and showed me pictures! My sister had been pregnant this whole time and didn’t tell me. She’s a bit on the chunky side, so it wasn't noticeable at all. I also work all day and go to school, so I never noticed any pregnancy symptoms. I am so angry as I realize now that she tricked me into moving. She kept her pregnancy a secret because she knew I wouldn’t want to move with her. 5 kids now—5 dam kids when they aren’t financially stable. I want to move out, but I know without my $800, they can’t afford the place. They’d have to find a place elsewhere and pay for something they can’t afford. I feel stuck. I don’t want to live here anymore. I come home tired every day from work to screaming children & my sister constantly going off on the kids. Some of my friends have said it’s not that big of a deal and I should just stay since I’m rarely ever home and I should stay since I know they can’t afford anything without me. But I’m angry. $800 is so much money for a room. It’s too much money for everything I put up with. And the fact that she hid her pregnancy and tricked me into moving here just for her own benefit is crazy. Who does that? Surprise! Ive been pregnant this whole nine months?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Piell posted:

AITA for not defending my girlfriend?

because he didn't "want to have a rich kid conversation in front of a poor person"

Yeah, gently caress those lovely people. Girlfriend deserves a better boyfriend than that.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Brawnfire posted:

Wow I've never wanted to divorce someone else's spouse before

There's no way this is the first time she's been like this, this is just the first time it's been something he can't just drop and live with

This is what happens when you marry your manic pixie dream girl.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, gently caress those lovely people. Girlfriend deserves a better boyfriend than that.

Yeah, like I hit this part:

Piell posted:

AITA for not defending my girlfriend?

quote:

At one point Claire made a comment to my GF about how nice it must be not having to think about what to cook, as she still lives with her parents (it's a sore subject for her). My GF said “Yeah” weakly and was pretty quiet throughout dinner.

And it was like a gut punch for me, a random stranger on the internet. How the OP didn’t feel that way too is a loving mystery.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

I like her with a cup against the door mocking him, then acting like Dobby the House Elf when he opens the door and yells at her

MASTER NO NO PLEASE WILL YOU STRIKE ME AGAIN YOU MONSTER, I DID NOTHING, NOTHING

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hughlander posted:

This one?

That wife sucks, but let's say they got married 2 years ago (reasonable time to have a kid and get possible PPD) and started dating a year before that -- 30 to 22 is sizable age gap. Maybe picked the wrong horse for maturation trajectory.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Yeah, like I hit this part:

And it was like a gut punch for me, a random stranger on the internet. How the OP didn’t feel that way too is a loving mystery.

Boyfriend is into poverty tourism to her country

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I (22m) was worried GF (22f) was cheating so I hid in her coat closet while she was having girls night at her apartment. Her friend found me obviously humiliating me and girlfriend. Is there any way to recover from this?

quote:

I guess like this is all in the title and I have a feeling Reddit isn’t going to be too kind to me but I really screwed up and don’t know where else to turn.

I got some weird vibes from my girlfriend this week and when she said she didn’t want me to come over last night I was really concerned my worst fears were coming true. I was so panicked I decided to hide in a coat closet she never uses to see what was up.

It turns out she was just having a girls night and my girlfriend basically told her friends all the same issues she’s talked to me about (work, failing LSAT, gyno problems, etc…) and was even very complimentary of me. I felt super guilty so i figured i would just stay put until she went to bed then I would quietly leave.

poo poo hit the fan when a friend spilled something and girlfriend told her to get the vacuum out of the hall closet (I was in the coat closet in the entry way). To my absolute horror the door opened and the friend screamed when seeing me.

My girlfriend was furious and I didn’t even try to lie. I said I was worried she was acting weird and I decided to spy on her. I sat there in an apartment of four women more humiliated than I ever have been. It’s a shame like I’ve never felt. My girlfriend just said fo Get out and never call her again. This morning she texted me that her dad and brother will be at her apartment from 3-5 and I need fo come get my stuff and bring hers over. That was all she said.

Is there any way I can recover this relationship ?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Evil Willow posted:

I (22m) was worried GF (22f) was cheating so I hid in her coat closet while she was having girls night at her apartment. Her friend found me obviously humiliating me and girlfriend. Is there any way to recover from this?

lol, lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

lol and LMAO

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Evil Willow posted:

Ahahahahahahaha

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Hughlander posted:

This one?

Interestingly, actively interfering with your partner's employment is a solid move of financial abuse.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the wife humiliating the husband during lessons one disturbs me because there’s no way there’s not at least one really awful thing going on. either she’s maliciously abusing him or—much more likely—she’s having a mental health crisis, and while he seems to understand this is a possibility he’s not taking it as seriously as he should

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I just can't figure out what the conversations are like. He keeps saying she just walks away without a word, or just says the same thing over and over again, and... that can't be happening. This sounds like weeks now of her just doing obnoxious poo poo, not responding to him saying knock it off, and then normal life around those incidents? I'd be freaking out, like every moment that wasn't actively about this problem I'd be thinking about this problem and seeing echoes of it in her other behavior or trying to get her to say something about it, ANYTHING, even if it's psychotic or a lie so I can take some kind of action.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Evil Willow posted:

Don't worry, you'll be back to status quo next week, Sitcom Land Man

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

Don't worry, you'll be back to status quo next week, Sitcom Land Man

"Sorry guest star Megan Fox broke up with you after the events of last week."

"That's okay, things are really looking up with the girl from the coffeeshop, Alexandra Daddario."

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for evicting him and his 13yo daughter?

quote:

My BF (34) of 3 years just moved in to my (32F) 3 bedroom home 5 months ago. This home has been in my family for the past 70 years. I have a 5yo son. He has a 13yo daughter. I made sure I moved all of my stuff out of my office and put it in the loft so she could have her own bedroom. I think it was about a month in to him living here that his daughter wanted to move in with us full time- as she doesnt have her own bedroom at her moms. I was completely fine with this.

Anyways, I started running in to a lot of problems not even a week after she moved in full time. She became really...entitled and demanding. Like demanding that my son trade rooms with her because it has a bigger closet and pitched a huge fit when I said no. Or demanding we buy her expensive clothes or makeup because I'm a real estate agent and I "have loads of money". Call me crazy but I'm not about to drop $120 on a pair of ripped up jeans or drop $200 on 3 pieces of makeup. Her dad works but his income is significantly less than mine so she really just expected me to be the one who spoils her rotten. Or pushing her plate of food away and saying "I'm not eating that but you can cook me something else." I can deal with her childish tantrums and slamming doors but she has now started to put holes in my walls and my BF makes excuses saying he used to do the same thing and she will grow out of it. She torments my son. If he says anything to her she literally ALWAYS responds with "Oh you're talking to me? Swap rooms with me and I will think about responding." Her dad literally never attempts to correct her behavior and I'm told I'm being too harsh if I do.

The tip of the mountain for me here was 2 weeks ago there was a foul smell coming from her room so I asked her to clean it because you couldnt see the floor. She said "Uhm no? It's my room so I dont see why you have any say on how I treat my personal space." Her father actually agreed with her. 3 days later the smell had become so bad that I lost it. I told her to clean it or she was moving out. This was AFTER I saw at least 6 used menstrual pads thrown throughout her room as well as half eaten food and moldy drink cups. She starts crying and saying I'm treating her like she is Cinderella and I'm acting like an evil step mom. I told my BF either he handles it or they're both gone. He clearly didnt believe me because he told me that I needed to "lighten the gently caress up" because his daughter is "having a rough time transitioning and being away from her mom". I gave it a week, nothing changed. I went and got an eviction notice drawn up and gave them 30 days to vacate my property and told him hes lucky I'm not suing for damages. He says I'm an AH for throwing away 3 years because I "cant handle not having my own way". AITA?

Now even the 13 year olds are getting in on give me your house?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for not getting my package from the delivery driver?

quote:

I (19F) live in a college apartment. I orded some things off Amazon that were going be an 8AM delivery. It was a normal order and I "paid" for shipping. Our apartment has a mail room/package access system, so I went to bed and figured I would grab the package when I got up.

I didn't know this, but apparently at certain hours there is no one to let the delivery driver into the building (the guy who is there at night apparently leaves before the morning staff come).

I was awoken at 8:40 by a phone call from an unknown number.

I answer and an angry voice says "I have your package." I was super confused and said "what package?" He says in a very threatening tone "The package you ordered. You want your package, don't you? I'm at the address."

At this point, I assume I'm getting scammed (I answer all my scam calls and mess with the ppl), and so I ask

"what address?" and

he replies "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WHAT ADDRESS?!"

I lie and say "I have multiple locations, what address are you at?"

He then says my address and I realize he's not scamming me. I go "I don't know what I ordered that I would have to pick up, let me look..." and I open my laptop to see if I accidentally placed an Amazon Fresh order or something.

He says "Either you come down right now or I'm taking it back to the warehouse." And he hangs up.

I go ask my roommate and she explains that he probably can't get into the building. I go back to my room and see that I missed another call from him and can't call back (it's a one way number). I decide not to get the package. I called customer service and they changed my delivery instructions and the package was delivered later that day.

I feel justified in not going to meet him because he was really angry and threatening on the phone and never even identified himself as working for Amazon. I never would have made the order if I knew I would have to interact with someone. On the other hand, he was probably frustrated because he wasn't able to deliver the package and had to call multiple times and I should have gone down.

AITA?

As a delivery driver, one of the first loving things I say when I call a customer is the name of the company. And as a delivery driver, I loving HATE apartments, and any place with special hours, like they close from 12-2pm for lunch.

The driver here was dumb and should have identified the company he worked for, but speaking as someone who has called multiple times to get a gate code or someone to open the loving doors, I get his irritation.

WIBTA for not taking a picture with my twin?

quote:

My (17F) twin sister and I have shared everything. We've shared friends, clothes, accessories, shoes and even roles (we have been doing theatre for 9 years) I have had very little things all to myself. This weekend we are getting our senior pictures taken and my mother wants us to get some pictures together. I have 3 issues with this.

You don't see any other seniors taking pictures with their sibling so why is this any different. these are MY senior pictures, not OUR senior pictures.

my mom wants us in corresponding outfits, but because I was told this last minute we did not get anything matching. my sister and I have very different aesthetics so we are not wearing anything simalar. and the outfits my sister chose for us are very unflattering on me.

My sister and I are fraternal and she is more attractive than me. she has long blonde hair and nice skin, while my hair is buzzed and brown and my skin is pagued with dark undereyes that will not go away no matter how hard I try. this might be vain but I want to not look like the ugly twin.

I understand that it will only be a couple pictures but, I just want one thing to myself. WIBTA?

I wonder if triplets ever deal with poo poo like this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Evil Willow posted:

loving owned

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

I'm afraid not. The only path left for you is to change your name and move to another country.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling my boyfriend childish for going to the grocery store every single day because he can't predict what food he'll want to eat the next day?

When I (F19) learned that my boyfriend (M36) goes to the grocery store every single day just because he can't predict what he'll like the next day, I called him childish and he got super offended. He told me that he had previously tried to plan food a week in advance but found himself not wanting to eat what he had planned so he stopped.

There are no serious negative consequences of him going to the grocery store every day but I just thought his reasons for doing it were immature. It showed me that he is a very picky eater and that is something I associate with children. He continues to insist that I am supposed to apologize to him since I was rude because having preferences is not childish.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my boyfriend childish for going to the grocery store every single day because he can't predict what food he'll want to eat the next day?

When I (F19) learned that my boyfriend (M36) goes to the grocery store every single day just because he can't predict what he'll like the next day, I called him childish and he got super offended. He told me that he had previously tried to plan food a week in advance but found himself not wanting to eat what he had planned so he stopped.

There are no serious negative consequences of him going to the grocery store every day but I just thought his reasons for doing it were immature. It showed me that he is a very picky eater and that is something I associate with children. He continues to insist that I am supposed to apologize to him since I was rude because having preferences is not childish.

Gonna go with boyfriend is the rear end in a top hat and deserves to get dunked on by his girlfriend regardless of whether she's right or not. She's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Hughlander posted:

This one?

How do you talk to someone who tunes you out and just asks "are you going to yell at me again?" every time you talk to them?