Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks as an org earned this outcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
the Broncos are a garbage team run by football's version of Vince McMahon

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

anti vax QB trounces vaxxed QB. The facts dont lie people.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

really queer Christmas posted:

anti vax QB trounces vaxxed QB. The facts dont lie people.

Also nanobubbles can’t fix a finger

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Manoueverable posted:

It also implies they don't watch the NFL at all even when they're in college or as kids, which is what's more surprising.

To be fair, ties weren’t as common prior to the overtime rule changes. Like, people gave :mcnabb: poo poo in 2008 about not knowing ties were a thing when he was in one against the Bengals, but at that time there had only been three ties since 1990 (Two in 1997, one in 2002), and the next wouldn’t happen until 2012, which makes it a bit more understandable.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

I mean at least he's in Boston, which is a better place to be than Cleveland if your neck and/or brain might be loving broken. So maybe it's more precautionary than anything else.

It's hard to believe that he could have truly been severely injured on that hit given that he kinda just hit Meyers in the midsection, but the sound was kinda nasty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

K8.0 posted:

I mean at least he's in Boston, which is a better place to be than Cleveland if your neck and/or brain might be loving broken. So maybe it's more precautionary than anything else.

There’s plenty of good hospitals in Boston of course but uh there’s a pretty famous one in Cleveland

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

There’s plenty of good hospitals in Boston of course but uh there’s a pretty famous one in Cleveland

Ok sure, like there’s some world renowned Clinic of some sort in Cleveland :rolleyes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle posted:

Maybe they don't want to put the patient with possible spinal damage on a plane to Cleveland.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe they don't want to put the patient with possible spinal damage on a plane to Cleveland.

He wasn't saying they should...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers bitch!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Or they just don't give a poo poo about the rules surrounding an extremely rare event like a tie

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

K8.0 posted:

It's hard to believe that he could have truly been severely injured on that hit given that he kinda just hit Meyers in the midsection, but the sound was kinda nasty.

It's not Harvard medical, but Cleveland Clinic is world class, and not at all the embarrassment you'd assume

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There has been at least one tie for the last five seasons, it’s not particularly rare

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Or they just don't give a poo poo about the rules surrounding an extremely rare event like a tie

Considering it is their job you think they would understand a tie.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I don't understand the Chargers

I think they're probably still a .500 or thereabout team on the whole. i'm happy with the coaching staff, Herbert's been a little up and down but there's still a lot of positives to look forward to with him, and the o-line is leagues better than last year. The front 7 is just awful aside for Bosa and maybe two other dudes, for the most part, and teams know they can just run the ball down their throat because of it. It's not the worst situation in the world but I don't really know what can be done about it this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sam Darnold really is that bad huh. I know Colt McCoy poo poo the bed but maybe the offense I dunno, tried knowing they had half a chance.

I think this is 11 games in a row including playoffs the panthers have beaten the Cardinals now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Out of Darnold, Sanchez and Geno Smith, Darnold is by far the worst. That's saying something.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Was Sam Darnold always this bad or the did Jets just break him irretrievably like they have so many others?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was Sam Darnold always this bad or the did Jets just break him irretrievably like they have so many others?

He was considered by a lot of pundits to be the most complete QB in his class with a really high ceiling.

There were always concerns about his accuracy and decision making under pressure leading to turnovers but they were considered to be fixable or addressable issues.

Turns out those issues are really bad at the NFL level. If he had of been allowed to sit for a year or two with a good offensive mind tutoring him... who knows.

Coming from the Jets with PTSD to a team with no offensive line and a still questionable offensive coordinator... not a recipe for success.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I just have to assume the Jets ruin any QB they’ve drafted over the past 10-15 seasons. Nothing good happens there.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

He was pretty good in college. Huge arm, made NFL type passes. Juju made him look pretty good, but it wasn't like Mike Evans getting Johnny Football drafted in the 1st round

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If you watched Darnold in the Rose Bowl against Ohio State, that would’ve told you everything you know about him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Durandal1707 posted:

The front 7 is just awful aside for Bosa and maybe two other dudes, for the most part, and teams know they can just run the ball down their throat because of it. It's not the worst situation in the world but I don't really know what can be done about it this year.

Blitz every down like the Dolphins did to the Ravens and hope the increased pass attempts create some turnovers due to the pressure and a solid secondary?

The Dolphins run defense also sucks.

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 15, 2021

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Homestar Runner posted:

the Broncos are a garbage team run by football's version of Vince McMahon

It's very frustrating that we lost to them last week. And not just lost.... God drat

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chris Harris Jr needs to be put out to pasture imo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

I think they're probably still a .500 or thereabout team on the whole. i'm happy with the coaching staff, Herbert's been a little up and down but there's still a lot of positives to look forward to with him, and the o-line is leagues better than last year. The front 7 is just awful aside for Bosa and maybe two other dudes, for the most part, and teams know they can just run the ball down their throat because of it. It's not the worst situation in the world but I don't really know what can be done about it this year.

I like Nwosu a lot, and I like Tranquill and Murray.

The secondary outside of Derwin needs some serious upgrades. Corner is a hard position to play so I'm not too concerned about Asante Samuel Jr.

As much as I love Ekeler, he is not a RB that needs to be ran up the middle as often as we do it. When's the last time he even caught a screen pass?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
A fun thing about doomed teams with bad coaches is that every once in a while they find some reason to play really motivated ball and show their potential, and it sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the season. That was the Broncos, last week.

Fangio is a pretty classic coordinator-but-not-a-coach. The team's offensive philosophy is bad, its defensive leadership looks flat, and they lose the line of scrimmage on both sides. And that's before the QB deciding not to tackle; even Manning would at least flop ineffectually.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I'm not watching the game but Gus Bradley is the DC for the raiders so I know exactly what happened

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chucktesla posted:

I'm not watching the game but Gus Bradley is the DC for the raiders so I know exactly what happened

The Mahomes bullshit reverted to the mean for tonight at least, instead of absolutely everything going wrong a few possible interceptions have been dropped or receivers have come up with awesome plays when he unleashes something.

I mean he's been generally very good, but the Raiders have left a few out there.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

The Mahomes bullshit reverted to the mean for tonight at least, instead of absolutely everything going wrong a few possible interceptions have been dropped or receivers have come up with awesome plays when he unleashes something.

I mean he's been generally very good, but the Raiders have left a few out there.

I mean they went single high cover 3 Gus Bradley poo poo the whole time when everyone knew the chiefs were having issues being patient against two high defenses. I mean I assume that is what happened because Gus Must Gus

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Brilliant stuff, forcing the Bills away from the thing they suck at.

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1459999359433691144?s=21

Crosspostin from the afc east but today we finally got a team to take our running game seriously!
I mean these rbs are beyond elite 4 rushing touchdowns today which obviously means the Bills are now a huge threat to rush the football from here on out.

The wrs those guys are just finesse and used as a distraction. They got popcorn muscles compared to these 3 headed monster backs.

Buffalo is just a rough blue collar town committed to fundamental football. We have a fullback which means ooooh run blocking and did you know even their QB often runs with the football in his hands?
That's double rushing which makes the Bills 2x extra rushing. Yup.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Starting to think my dumb shooting star wish for the Mariners to be good next has doomed all the teams I root for and all non baseball Seattle sports. May or may not be worth it.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

BlindSite posted:

He was considered by a lot of pundits to be the most complete QB in his class with a really high ceiling.

There were always concerns about his accuracy and decision making under pressure leading to turnovers but they were considered to be fixable or addressable issues.

Turns out those issues are really bad at the NFL level. If he had of been allowed to sit for a year or two with a good offensive mind tutoring him... who knows.

Coming from the Jets with PTSD to a team with no offensive line and a still questionable offensive coordinator... not a recipe for success.

I think there's also the issue that he only played QB for a couple of years before getting drafted. In the future I would consider this a huge red flag.

But as a Jets fan who watched almost every game Darnold played, he just simply wasn't good. At no point did he pass the eyeball test. He never had a play or game that made you say "Oh wow, this kid is something special." He was, on his best days, good. That's it. That's why we all got so excited over Mike White because we all expected Darnold to stumble into a 400 yard day at some point.

pasaluki posted:

Crosspostin from the afc east but today we finally got a team to take our running game seriously!
I mean these rbs are beyond elite 4 rushing touchdowns today which obviously means the Bills are now a huge threat to rush the football from here on out.

The wrs those guys are just finesse and used as a distraction. They got popcorn muscles compared to these 3 headed monster backs.

Buffalo is just a rough blue collar town committed to fundamental football. We have a fullback which means ooooh run blocking and did you know even their QB often runs with the football in his hands?
That's double rushing which makes the Bills 2x extra rushing. Yup.

His loving Rich Kotite 2.0. It's stunning.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
My guess with ties is that at the college level they really beat the NCAA OT rules into them, and especially since a lot of these guys were kids when ties weren't common in the NFL, they forget that the NFL rules are different.

It's dumb though that the NFL both changed the length of OT from 15 to 10 min, and then made it so both teams offense normally get the ball once. They should really go back to 15 min OT, these ties are dumb as hell.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No. We don't need five more minutes of OT. Teams are tired as poo poo long before that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No. We don't need five more minutes of OT. Teams are tired as poo poo long before that.

Are you saying you didn't want to watch another five minutes of the lions and steelers fighting to see who wants to win less?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ties own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Keep the tie because they are extremely funny when they happen and you get to see which coach is a real coward for settling for a tie sometimes