Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Funnier and more artistic than anything Febreeze has ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Funnier and more artistic than anything Febreeze has ever made

I dunno, it's missing the two paragraphs to explain the joke.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Also great job depicting the wedge-shaped tail of the Raven.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time so you can’t really fault the browns for losing to the Pats IMO

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Time posted:

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time so you can’t really fault the browns for losing to the Pats IMO

this is also one of the reasons the Patriots will beat the Falcons on Thursday.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1460357218788945922

Someone is in the fabled Harbaugh Doghouse

e: buried in the comments

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1460362801587924996

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

the ravens losing and the dolphins being 3-7 happened simultaneously so Technically you can take a hike

Awkshully the dolphins had two wins when they beat the ravens.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I know that Harbaugh is considered a Certified Bad Coach ITT but this is what I’ve been saying every time Williams’s playing time is questioned. There is no way Harbaugh is looking at the production from Bell et al and still rolling with them unless he’s loving stuff up in practice.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY WVU GREAT AMS ZEREOUE IS IN THIS SAD DIVISION THREAD TITLE

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Freaquency posted:

I know that Harbaugh is considered a Certified Bad Coach ITT but this is what I’ve been saying every time Williams’s playing time is questioned. There is no way Harbaugh is looking at the production from Bell et al and still rolling with them unless he’s loving stuff up in practice.

Whatever the last game was that he played in someone on twitter pointed out I think it was 3 plays in a row that he hosed something up (I remember one was Lamar having to show him where to go pre-snap) and since then he hasn't played so I can believe it.

Asproigerosis posted:

I will never give away my posting secrets

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

2001 is a very important year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

I do like how we have all been recently embarrassed in various ways

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Not me.

On an unrelated note I recently had a stroke that's destroyed all of my memories after January 7th, 2006. I can't decide whether my favorite Bengal is Chris Henry or Odell Thurman.

As soon as I finish this post I'm going to check out how we did in that playoff game and how many super bowls we won in the Palmer era.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are you glad of what happened? Crhis henry died after falling out of the bed of a pick-up truck vehicle

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
AFC North: Are you glad of what happened?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:lmao:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Waking up and realizing you're a Bengals fan is some Kafka poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Chris Henry another excellent wvu alum.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns are going to lose to Detroit. They will remember their 0-16 season and say "Never again."

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

cinati bengos

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
As a lifelong eagles fan, the only nfl game I've ever been to was a ravens game that I don't remember so really if you think about it I am also a ravens fan.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

was it the one where the eagles cheated and got a phantom opi call on jacoby jones to win

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gatts posted:

The Browns are going to lose to Detroit. They will remember their 0-16 season and say "Never again."

We’ll win but Baker will die in the process

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
No it was back in the day I really want to say it was against the titans.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm you can be a transitive property fan of a prime afcn team but you cant be one of the auxiliary afcn teams like the titans or the cincinatti bengals. at best you can post in the afc central thread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah sorry we have rules around here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/1461071613789618177?t=PqFtNdHOcYVX9qvioOs3CA&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Mri of what, if it was his knee then lmao cause you go in up to your chest and your head is still out. Pop some xannies. Jfc.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Good business move imo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

No it was back in the day I really want to say it was against the titans.

Maybe the 2002 game where Ed Reed's blocked punt TD early on was the only TD in the whole game an the Ravens won in an upset. Bart Scott had his first career pick that day. I loved that game even though most would say it was boring. I was there. It could have also been the 2008 game where Suggs got called for roughing the passer where his pinky finger like grazed Kerry Collins' helmet after a play was blown dead for a false start on a 3rd and long. And the titans went on to score the winning TD

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 17, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's good for running backs to have a need to occupy open spaces. Otherwise you get Trent Richardsons.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe the 2002 game where Ed Reed's blocked punt TD early on was the only TD in the whole game an the Ravens won in an upset. Bart Scott had his first career pick that day. I loved that game even though most would say it was boring. I was there. It could have also been the 2008 game where Suggs got called for roughing the passer where his pinky finger like grazed Kerry Collins' helmet after a play was blown dead for a false start on a 3rd and long. And the titans went on to score the winning TD

coulda been the vince young steve mcnair duel

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Rip Steve McNair.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

coulda been the vince young steve mcnair duel

That was in Tennessee. I assumed they meant a game in Baltimore. That's why I excluded the Tennessee ones. And I feel like they would remember if it were a playoff game so I excluded the 2003 meeting. The 2001 one was where they had George W Bush come on during the game and say he was going to invade Afghanistan then obliviously played "Born in the USA" right after so I figured that one would be remembered also. So that's why I narrowed it down to those two. Maybe the 2000 meetup between the Ravens and Titans in Baltimore could work too. I never watched that game live. But I know the Ravens dominated but bumbled their way to not even scoring a TD and lost and extended the TD drought. The 99 game against the Titans we won 41-14 but I wasn't watching regularly then. Then before that they were the Oilers.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
AFCN: They Had George W Bush Come On During The Game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah. I remember more about that game too now. The Ravens pretty much dominated the whole game but there was one period where Tennessee almost got back into it. It was 20-0 but then they blocked one of our punts and scored to make it 20-7. Then they got the ball back(maybe a turnover involved?) and had it like at midfield and ran a trick play where their RB(not Eddie George I think the dude's name was Green) tried a pass downfield and it looked like their guy was wide open and going to get it but then Rod Woodson flew in out of nowhere and picked it off. That was such a cool play. And then we took it downfield and scored a TD I think from Jason Brookins, and iced the game. Everyone was chanting "O and Three! O and Three!" as the game wound down due to the Titans' poor start after being considered the favorites to win the division after the Jamal Lewis injury.

Then later in the year you had the MNF game between the two teams where the Titans tried to cheat and score on the last play of the game but it didn't work but they still were allowed to do one free play after that. And the Ravens stopped a McNair sneak for a walkoff win.

I'd say maybe the first meeting is the last time I felt the "magic" of the 2000 season still with us. After that it wasn't always bad, but different. The consecutive losses to the Packers and Browns that followed that game changed something that we never got back.

Man it was a crime these two teams were separated after that year.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 18, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not sure if having an eidetic memory for football games is a blessing or a curse.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm not sure if having an eidetic memory for football games is a blessing or a curse.

Learned a new word today. And I really enjoy it myself :) even the bad ones are sometimes fun after all these years have passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just remembered the Steelers tied with Detroit preventing an 0-17 season. LMAO.