Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

So "It can't get worse!" combined with "I'm sure it'll get better on its own!"

Amazing.

I mean, yea, that's generally what one would expect as issues related to a global pandemic abate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dignity Van Houten posted:

1,500 pieces being tracked, but god knows how many little bits the size of nuts, bolts, grains of rice traveling at 20,000mph

Grains of Rice huh?

So the US should counter with wheat or its own rice, or wild rice?

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Dignity Van Houten posted:

1,500 pieces being tracked, but god knows how many little bits the size of nuts, bolts, grains of rice traveling at 20,000mph

Reminds me of that scene from Gravity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlIhY3e04k

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

With Putin making a mess in outer space along with aggravating the Ukraine conflicting - any idea why he's doing this now all the sudden?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

With Putin making a mess in outer space along with aggravating the Ukraine conflicting - any idea why he's doing this now all the sudden?

Russia is experiencing another massive Delta wave. Authoritarian totalitarian Strong Man regimes acting out abroad is usually in response to feeling threatened or weakened at home.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

- A Communication From Presiedent Trump

"I bet those haters and losers laughing like dogs about Space Force (TM) aren't so smug now!"

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

LionArcher posted:

And then they got burned out, because they felt like the message was, "they are bad". and they don't want to feel bad. They haven't slid into being republicans, but they're grumpy about "feeling like the bad guys". And if that's my small sample size of mostly open minded millennials (ranging in age from late 30's to mid 20's), I can't imagine how most of the middle class/working class folks feel.

I kinda see it from both sides.

On the BLM side you've got more than 400 years of oppression manifesting in different ways in modern times. It's so ingrained in society you can't possibly know what it's like unless you ARE part of the group that's being oppressed. Basically its easy to become self absorbed in your own trials and tribulations and in the absence of context it can feel like there's nothing wrong with the world or that your struggles are the biggest struggles ever. That's what privilege is, you don't even know that you have it until someone points it out... So it's good to be cognizant about privilege. Many of the people who you friends got burnt out by likely feel they have zero obligation to try and be nice to them or explain themselves because it isn't about them or their egos. They'd be right...

Unfortunately you don't win new friends and allies by telling everyone they're poo poo and will forever be poo poo. I have no easy answer to this- it's approaching :decorum: territory.

Having said that I'm reminded of Aeosp's fable about the wind and the sun. Perhaps being more diplomatic and trying to charm their way into what they want is the way forward for a lot of these groups. It wouldn't be the first time a society tried to use media or art to gain international prestige. The Koreans and Japanese have done a pretty good job of this in their own right.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Folks I have a brand spanking new conspiracy theory for you, Vladimir Putin is following the call of duty modern warfare 2 Russia storyline as a policy initiative.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

IT BURNS posted:

Reminds me of that scene from Gravity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlIhY3e04k

They even say that the debris is the result of Russia blowing up one of their own satellites.

:tinfoil:

What did George Clooney know in 2014?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They even say that the debris is the result of Russia blowing up one of their own satellites.

:tinfoil:

What did George Clooney know in 2014?

Isn't he good friends with Huma Abedin??! What scheme has Hillary been up to?!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1460327410654752769

:eyepop:

jesus, that seems really loving dire and a pretty good way to create widespread resentment amongst the locals

e: on the other hand, seems like an excellent time for some direct action

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 16, 2021

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Amazing.
the arc of justice is bent by human handsgets better on its own? :shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

Having said that I'm reminded of Aeosp's fable about the wind and the sun. Perhaps being more diplomatic and trying to charm their way into what they want is the way forward for a lot of these groups. It wouldn't be the first time a society tried to use media or art to gain international prestige. The Koreans and Japanese have done a pretty good job of this in their own right.

Unfortunately trying to soften the issue will typically just get them ignored even harder. The ruling class just wants the oppressed to shut up and die quietly, the only real defense against that is to be louder and angrier.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

CommieGIR posted:

Can we not bring up people's user history when debating? Thanks. We all have skeletons in our rap sheet closet.
I’ve asked this before to silence and probations, but when did basic research and pattern recognition become such a no-no in D&D? Rap sheets and post histories are useful indicators of who is trolling a thread for the umpteenth time and about to get another sixer vs who is worth responding to seriously.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1460327410654752769

:eyepop:

jesus, that seems really loving dire and a pretty good way to create widespread resentment amongst the locals

e: on the other hand, seems like an excellent time for some direct action

Edit: I want to revise my opening bit here so I don't seem flippant — the electoral vote technically did not flip the popular vote, as both supported the contract by a thin margin. I'm not sure what to think of the "LA only" number since it excludes a number of national members under the basic and ASA agreement, but are still technically members of the voting pool. Either way, this is not a resounding vote in favor — the number I'd heard they wanted was at least 75 percent in favor.

The participation margin in the election for my local was down from 98 percent for strike authorization to 80 percent for this contract ratification vote. A more concerted effort to influence that gap of 18 percent could’ve flipped the whole effort, but as is the case with politics writ large I think a lack of motivation and sustained interest prevented that.

I do still feel positive about the future of our industry, as there’s been an enormous outpouring of support for our quality of life issues in the general public, and there’s a lot of demand for workers right now.

I’m happy that we stood out nationally as a labor success story. Now we have to stay committed and keep raising awareness beyond the contract negotiation.

Cocoa Ninja fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 16, 2021

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Cocoa Ninja posted:

If the electoral vote flipped the popular vote then I would agree with you, but that’s not the case. Both popular and electoral votes supported the contract by a thin margin.

Edit: I’m pretty sure this number is the LA only number. If you count NY and the national locals it was slim majority in favor, I’ll double check.

The participation margin in the election for my local was down from 98 percent for strike authorization to 80 percent for this contract ratification vote. A more concerted effort to influence that gap of 18 percent could’ve flipped the whole effort, but as is the case with politics writ large I think a lack of motivation and sustained interest prevented that.

I feel positive about the future of our industry, there’s been an enormous outpouring of support for our quality of life issues in the general public, and there’s a lot of demand for workers right now.

I’m happy that we stood out nationally as a labor success story. Now we have to stay committed and keep raising awareness beyond the contract negotiation.

uh, am i misreading the tweet or does it say that the popular vote rejected the contract by a thin margin?

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

uh, am i misreading the tweet or does it say that the popular vote rejected the contract by a thin margin?

You're not misreading, and on Deadline there's another article touting that that "LA only" locals popular vote was not in favor. So this is a narrative that has emerged that I was unaware of when I posted, I should've done my research before jumping in.

But (and this is as someone who went to multiple meetings and still doesn't really understand the process) I believe they arrived at that number by excluding members that are party to the basic agreement as well as a separate contract called "ASA" that aren't part of the standard 13 locals, but that are pooled into the overall contract voting process.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The positions having supposedly been flipped from 'Bernie Bros are all straight white males who don't know to check their privilege' to 'Leftists are crazy blue-haired SJWs screeching at working class white guys who just wanna grill that they're the source of all evil' is pretty wild, and unfortunately makes it clear what the whole point of setting the narrative always has been.

One of the big issues with the leftist resurgence has been figuring out how to deal with that American liberalism has carefully, drat near surgically severed economic leftism from social progress, despite the fact that the rhetoric becomes completely incoherent without both. Of course, it goes back to the recasting of MLK as the moderate peaceful guy who smiled and marched and made a speech and got shot and just said gosh darn it wouldn't be nice if people didn't see race?

Like, if you're telling your friends about racism and privilege and their response is to shut down and become sullen and angry that they're the bad guys, you're doing something really, really wrong. The same mistake that liberal progressives have been making particularly loudly between the 10s, confusing privilege with power and completely excising the factor of wealth. Like, it goes back to OJ, and now Cosby, getting off for their obviously guilty crimes, a novelty for rich black guys but literally business as usual for rich white guys. It's simple: 'You're not the bad guys, you've been lied to by the bad guys ever since you were born to make you do things that hurt yourself and people around you'. But it sounds like you're taking the right wing narrative of 'Preachy smug liberals blaming us for the world's problems for things we can't help' and treating that as something to be emulated. Unfortunately, it's been a common thing with grifters, hence the leftist antipathy towards the 1619 Project and Dear White People, because it does nothing to help any cause except discrediting progressive ideas by presenting them deliberately badly.

However, as said, the flipping of the narrative is yet another case of centrist liberals blaming the left for their own failures. And they don't even realise they're doing it, they're just used to knowing that the problem can't possibly be with themselves when they say and do all the right things, so obviously it's the loony left that made the mistakes and got the mean ol' fascists so peeved.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Check this out, if you do more electoral "what-if's" with the ASA contract you could say it passed with only four votes —

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/iatse-asa-new-mexico-1235112852/

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Zotix posted:

How long do you guys think the Rittenhouse jury is going to deliberate for?

At this point I feel like it's not going to be that long because the prosecution has hosed up their own case from start to finish and the judge aggressively helped them along with things like that pinch-to-zoom idiocy.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Roadie posted:

At this point I feel like it's not going to be that long because the prosecution has hosed up their own case from start to finish and the judge aggressively helped them along with things like that pinch-to-zoom idiocy.

I think main justice will take this over if they don't reach a guilty verdict. That would be my hope

Keep in mind Rittenhouse has to defeat 7 separate charges not one. Three or more of those are capital offenses.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

AmiYumi posted:

I’ve asked this before to silence and probations, but when did basic research and pattern recognition become such a no-no in D&D? Rap sheets and post histories are useful indicators of who is trolling a thread for the umpteenth time and about to get another sixer vs who is worth responding to seriously.

Pretty sure the main idea is to "keep it to your loving self" in those instances.

If you look at someone's Rap Sheet/Post History and conclude that there's a history of trolling or bad faith posting or whatever, then just don't loving engage. Put them on ignore, report their post, scroll down to the next person you want to argue with and go about your day.

The problem is that people are only dragging rap sheets into it so that they can "win" the argument and using prior probes as a thought-killer to avoid engaging with any actual points their perceived posting enemy has brought up.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Highly recommend just putting the 5 worst people in the thread on ignore. idc who you even consider the 5 worst, that's up to you, but it will improve your experience here immensely

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
But mods can't be put on ignore? Unless are people using a browser extension somehow?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The positions having supposedly been flipped from 'Bernie Bros are all straight white males who don't know to check their privilege' to 'Leftists are crazy blue-haired SJWs screeching at working class white guys who just wanna grill that they're the source of all evil' is pretty wild, and unfortunately makes it clear what the whole point of setting the narrative always has been.

However, as said, the flipping of the narrative is yet another case of centrist liberals blaming the left for their own failures. And they don't even realise they're doing it, they're just used to knowing that the problem can't possibly be with themselves when they say and do all the right things, so obviously it's the loony left that made the mistakes and got the mean ol' fascists so peeved.

Remember when all the other candidates in the 2020 primary pretended to be in favor of the government directly cutting checks to black people as slavery reparations so they could call Bernie a racist old white man when he answered that same gotcha question by saying we should invest in poor communities and that would improve the lives of the descendants of slaves who are still poor because of it.

Then they dumpstered all talk of reparations as soon as they beat him and now they're running around saying it's all these SJW Bernie Bros hurting troop and spook centrist Dems in elections by making white people feel bad.

E: and now they're blaming inflation on cutting government checks to people who need it could you imagine what they'd say if Bernie endorsed reparations checks now lol

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 16, 2021

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Amazing.
I assume these are the same dickheads who are pushing for restarting student loan payments because "if we continue the moratorium then it will make people think the economy is in bad shape!" or whatever the gently caress.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Remember when all the other candidates in the 2020 primary pretended to be in favor of the government directly cutting checks to black people as slavery reparations so they could call Bernie a racist old white man when he said we should invest in poor communities and that would improve the lives of the descendants of slaves who are still poor because of it.

Then they dumpstered it as soon as they beat him and now they're running around saying it's all this Bernie Bros hurting troop and spook centrist Dems in elections by making white people feel bad

Hmm, I dunno. This sounds like sour grapes to me. Maybe he should have handed out fliers to counter the misinformation :thunk:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Highly recommend just putting the 5 worst people in the thread on ignore. idc who you even consider the 5 worst, that's up to you, but it will improve your experience here immensely

I already had to loving do this because for some reason they weren't banned despite a vote being held to BAN THEM.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Sax Mortar posted:

Can it please not be Pete Welch? The dude is already 74.

Apparently Jen Psaki (Biden’s press secretary) is a Vermonter.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One of the big issues with the leftist resurgence has been figuring out how to deal with that American liberalism has carefully, drat near surgically severed economic leftism from social progress, despite the fact that the rhetoric becomes completely incoherent without both. Of course, it goes back to the recasting of MLK as the moderate peaceful guy who smiled and marched and made a speech and got shot and just said gosh darn it wouldn't be nice if people didn't see race?

Like, if you're telling your friends about racism and privilege and their response is to shut down and become sullen and angry that they're the bad guys, you're doing something really, really wrong. The same mistake that liberal progressives have been making particularly loudly between the 10s, confusing privilege with power and completely excising the factor of wealth. Like, it goes back to OJ, and now Cosby, getting off for their obviously guilty crimes, a novelty for rich black guys but literally business as usual for rich white guys. It's simple: 'You're not the bad guys, you've been lied to by the bad guys ever since you were born to make you do things that hurt yourself and people around you'. But it sounds like you're taking the right wing narrative of 'Preachy smug liberals blaming us for the world's problems for things we can't help' and treating that as something to be emulated. Unfortunately, it's been a common thing with grifters, hence the leftist antipathy towards the 1619 Project and Dear White People, because it does nothing to help any cause except discrediting progressive ideas by presenting them deliberately badly.

this tracks. To be clear, I'm not preaching to them, this is just heat checks when this stuff comes up in conversation. There are mutual friends that do the classic preaching that are a huge turn off.

The people who do that in my friend group about "everyones privilege" are always the most well off, with backing from their parents and didn't have to pay for college. (Ivy League esc)

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

the_steve posted:

Pretty sure the main idea is to "keep it to your loving self" in those instances.

If you look at someone's Rap Sheet/Post History and conclude that there's a history of trolling or bad faith posting or whatever, then just don't loving engage. Put them on ignore, report their post, scroll down to the next person you want to argue with and go about your day.

The problem is that people are only dragging rap sheets into it so that they can "win" the argument and using prior probes as a thought-killer to avoid engaging with any actual points their perceived posting enemy has brought up.
Thanks for responding, this clears quite a few things up.

Bu-

papa horny michael posted:

But mods can't be put on ignore? Unless are people using a browser extension somehow?
BEATEN AGAIN ;)

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 16, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

A great theory instantly undone by half the thread constantly quoting the absolute worst bundles of microwaved gonads' posts anyway so an ignore list is functionally useless, but it's a lovely thought at least.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

the_steve posted:

Exactly you are supposed to engage people like they are always posting in good faith despite them not doing so the past 100 times, even if they are posting in another thread in the forums with the IKs about how they are coming here to troll you, it's very important you don't acknowledge any of that because doing so will get you probed(by the IK in that thread for disagreeing with his friends) but not the person who's trolling the thread with the same bullshit argument for the 100th time(even though you and only you must treat it as the first each time)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

the_steve posted:

Hmm, I dunno. This sounds like sour grapes to me. Maybe he should have handed out fliers to counter the misinformation :thunk:

lmao yeah

Kraftwerk posted:

It's also a fact that people no longer trust said multibillion dollar media empire. Hence the rise in alternative facts and parallel media ecosystems where people dogmatically adhere to their own made up fantasy worlds. Do you not realize that the OG socialists had to contend with literally millions of peasants who in their heart of hearts believed in the divinity of absolute monarchs and had strong religious convictions?

kraftwerk I dont want to skip over you addressing this topic with effort and I generally agree with what you say but I think you’re underestimating how much of a sea change modern media and social media is in the propaganda arena here. I don’t disagree that it was likely a huge struggle for the Bolshevik to win over the Russian peasantry against their long-held beliefs, and that they had to work in secret while organizing, but I also think it’s important to discuss that once the Bolsheviks won the argument, it generally stayed won, you know? I’ll concede I’m partially hypothesizing here; I don’t know of any historical accounts that deal specifically with the stickiness of the communist message in the lead up to revolution. (if you do please correct me.) But, given the literacy rate of Russia around 1900 and the lack of the broadcasting technology we now have, I would guess that one thing the Bolsheviks didn’t have to contend with was a population that was intaking ideological pro-status-quo propaganda every single day, not only for news (if they would have cared to engage in that) but also embedded in the assumptions of all major forms of entertainment. It’s not as though an emissary from the czar was going to come by and quiz all the farmers and factory workers on their political opinions every shift, and there wasn’t a massive entertainment system that enforced the ruling hierarchy via normalization. In other words, I would guess that if you truly converted a peasant or worker, they’d by and large stay converted. (If I’m incorrect here, please let me know- I would genuinely love to read something on this subject that makes things now feel like less of an historical dead end to me!) They weren’t watching a nightly news channel that tried to hold them to their old beliefs about divine rulers, and their entertainments and social events didn’t revolve around media that also did that, even if done innocently simply by the assumptions in the work. It seems to me that the messaging power of global media is unmatched in history and additionally nearly fully captured by capital, and that presents a unique challenge for the left which may not be solvable via the old methods, and I don’t know what the solution or way around that is. I hope someone can find it

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

I would prefer people do not do this, because if they do them nobody will read my posts

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

quote:

The judge presiding over the homicide trial of Kyle Rittenhouse confused observers after making a strange and off-color joke inside the courtroom on Thursday.

"I hope the Asian food isn't coming... isn't on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor," said Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder as the court was preparing to take a lunch break.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/11/us/kenosha-judge-bruce-schroeder-asian-food-comments/index.html

Rittenhouse judge continues to be awful.

quote:

Steve Bannon won't be detained before trial on charges of contempt of Congress after he failed to comply with subpoenas from the House committee investigating January 6.

Bannon, a former adviser to former President Donald Trump, appeared in federal court for the first time Monday. He will be arraigned on Thursday.
Prosecutors did not seek to detain Bannon before trial. Under conditions approved by the judge, Bannon agreed to weekly check-ins, to surrender his passport, provide notice of any travel outside the district and seek court approval for travel outside the continental United States.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/15/politics/steve-bannon/index.html

Bannon continues to be let off quite easily.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 16, 2021

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oracle posted:

Apparently Jen Psaki (Biden’s press secretary) is a Vermonter.

Idk are Democratic senators allowed to understand message discipline?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

yronic heroism posted:

Idk are Democratic senators allowed to understand message discipline?

Only one way to find out...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LionArcher posted:

There's a lot of miss-use on "toxic masculinity" with just straight "masculinity". Or, if a guy gets into a disagreement with a woman about an issue that the guy actually knows a fair amount about, its deemed "mansplaining". of course we all can look at twitter and see plenty of "mansplaining" examples. in day to day life, I'm sure women experience it all the time. That's not what I'm talking about.

An example would be the Australian middle school/high school? where the male students had to turn and apologize for "all men who have caused sexual assault" to their female counterparts. And we're talking about little kids here.

The "gently caress all guys, you're all complicite" vibes versus the, "here's systemic problems and how do we best as a culture address them, these are things that we as civilized people should not accept any longer." is what I'm talking about.

The group that have those "extreme left takes" aren't even extreme left. They don't want to have limited air travel because it's bad for the environment, or UBI if it effects their taxes. It's controlling left usually, and it's usually college educated white women trying to run things. they're the one to weaponize language to make them out to be the heroes (or preferably) victims, almost always. Basically, it's stuff in the "white fragility" mode of poo poo, versus actual addressing things in a none grifter manner.

Or, to put it another way, take the tv show Wandavision. If you think the ending of that show was "girl boss" and not "hugely problematic," then it's the "you're not actually standing for anything progressive, you just want more power group". And honestly? I'm fine with that too, just be honest about it.

....so is no one going to call out how hosed up this "see, the main problem here is how these issues make me personally feel uncomfortable" attitude on display here is? No? Fine, I'll do it.

Your "see, the main problem here is how these issues make me personally feel uncomfortable" attitude is hosed up and it sucks. For fucks sake, income inequality remains common place, sexual abuse and assault against women remains common place, and Roe Vs. Wade is being chipped away at more and more everyday. And what are you bitching about? One event at an Australian Middle School (or maybe it was a high school, you can't loving remember), your lovely friends having lovely dating experiences, and a loving Marvel TV show.

This isn't an extreme left take, this is a basic human decency take.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....so is no one going to call out how hosed up this "see, the main problem here is how these issues make me personally feel uncomfortable" attitude on display here is? No? Fine, I'll do it.

Your "see, the main problem here is how these issues make me personally feel uncomfortable" attitude is hosed up and it sucks. For fucks sake, income inequality remains common place, sexual abuse and assault against women remains common place, and Roe Vs. Wade is being chipped away at more and more everyday. And what are you bitching about? One event at an Australian Middle School (or maybe it was a high school, you can't loving remember), your lovely friends having lovely dating experiences, and a loving Marvel TV show.

This isn't an extreme left take, this is a basic human decency take.

That's not really what the poster was saying. Nor is the issue they're speaking about limited to Australian schools.