Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

QR codes are a dumb idea only a nerd would think is practical

It's a hyperlink you can follow by pointing your phone at it instead of typing in a big URL. It's just a tool

it's not a panacea but it's got a lot of good uses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

looks like a character who joins the party later

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Bloop posted:

It's a hyperlink you can follow by pointing your phone at it instead of typing in a big URL. It's just a tool

it's not a panacea but it's got a lot of good uses

:goonsay: go back to computer camp dork

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Line Feed posted:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Line Feed posted:

lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

:goonsay: go back to computer camp dork

I've already given myself a wedgie

:wmwink:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

The cooler version of this :

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

is it cosplay for some show or does this dude really have a telescopic sight on a revolver?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Laterite posted:

The cooler version of this :

oh man I forgot about this one

laughing at everyday carry gear is one of the ways I get lmaos out of the internet and I just like the image of this guy having to pick a lock, test some circuits (I assume "fluke" means fluke multimeter because he labeled himself nerd) and then unload 2 magazines into someone, followed by taking off his shades and putting his regular glasses back on

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

is it cosplay for some show or does this dude really have a telescopic sight on a revolver?

External smartgun system is cheaper than an internal one. Dude's an entry level street sam, cut him some slack.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

External smartgun system is cheaper than an internal one. Dude's an entry level street sam, cut him some slack.

lmao. i wasn't even gonna mention the katana, but you're right.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

blatman posted:

oh man I forgot about this one

laughing at everyday carry gear is one of the ways I get lmaos out of the internet and I just like the image of this guy having to pick a lock, test some circuits (I assume "fluke" means fluke multimeter because he labeled himself nerd) and then unload 2 magazines into someone, followed by taking off his shades and putting his regular glasses back on

and violating federal law by carrying a gun onto government property if he did anything at NASA (wasn't he a contractor?)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol i just noticed on closer inspection that Agent Wolf is dual wielding two pistols

i thought the thing tucked into his belt was a nightstick but it does look like a sword lmao

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

lol i just noticed on closer inspection that Agent Wolf is dual wielding two pistols

i thought the thing tucked into his belt was a nightstick but it does look like a sword lmao

oh its a sword

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Absolute kings

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
armguard on the shield arm while the strong arm is free to go swingin

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Why are the leg and shin pads sticking out so much? How is that comfortable/usable?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

thats actually perfectly legitimate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1zEUGck8NE

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

in that case, he didn't even have the tactical pistol bipod. smh

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Why are the leg and shin pads sticking out so much? How is that comfortable/usable?

Due to the way physics works, armor that isn't bulky doesn't have as much of a damper to absorb kinetic energy before the padding is compressed and the full force of an impact gets transmitted to bones and tissues and such.

Also i'd imagine a lot of things are intentionally overengineered to give more protection than the application really requires, since our brains are dumb and "less risk equals safety to gently caress around" quickly translates into careless injuries.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
we can't see the fusion turbine on his back, those shins are for slidin'

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

silentsnack posted:

Due to the way physics works, armor that isn't bulky doesn't have as much of a damper to absorb kinetic energy before the padding is compressed and the full force of an impact gets transmitted to bones and tissues and such.

Also i'd imagine a lot of things are intentionally overengineered to give more protection than the application really requires, since our brains are dumb and "less risk equals safety to gently caress around" quickly translates into careless injuries.

this is the logic behind using ceramics for armor plates btw. its an inflexible material and itll crack when bullet hits, but while the bullet is digging its way through the plate it doesnt give, and the penetrator expends a lot energy on cracking plate before the kinetic energy makes through to tha, ahh... victim

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
not just a sword, he's got a bigass bowie knife. he's securing the poo poo out of that place.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Skill tree all over the place gives him a lot of flexibility but you gotta wonder how he'll fare against anyone who specs on one discipline

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

silentsnack posted:

Oh I was thinking they were meant to be more like elbow and shin pads for for skating. Which given how thin they are I guess are protect against you shredding your flesh rather than breaking bones.

Next question: why tf does this dude need such heavily armoured knees.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Oh I was thinking they were meant to be more like elbow and shin pads for for skating. Which given how thin they are I guess are protect against you shredding your flesh rather than breaking bones.

It's for jumping off stuff and doing that anime 3-point landing

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

they're for slitting throats while doing insane flips in fights op

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Daywalker...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Silhouette posted:

The Daywalker...

Blade, starring Dave Chapelle

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/InTheLoopLegend/status/1460645953199869954

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Very excited for these guys to become a reality

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
maybe more of protopocalypse rustpunk easthetic choise of enforcing province claims,

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

maybe more of protopocalypse rustpunk easthetic choise of enforcing province claims,

i just looked up where "waters near Ren'ai Jiao" is on google maps.

seriously? gently caress off with that china i thought you were cool

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

TACD posted:

Very excited for these guys to become a reality

give me the motorized patriot

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rutibex posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rutibex posted:

Well it’s not called the West Philippine Sea.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

withak posted:

hilariously there is no way to scan/ translate a QR code that appears in the screen of you iPhone. you have to ask someone to scan your screen, or display it in another screen and scan it yourself.

It Just Works :lol:

just use a mirror to scan it with your phone

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

just use a mirror to scan it with your phone

All my attempts have been foiled by the speed of light. By the time the camera app is open the mirror is no longer reflecting the image of the QR code.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Well it’s not called the West Philippine Sea.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rutibex posted:

they claim the island so they get the water around the island