Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

coconono posted:

Also Jay’s accusers are pretty much discredited.

coconono posted:

Not disputing their claims whatsoever.

These two statements, on the same loving page, are a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

When Hendrix's allegations against Lethal first came out, someone tried to tell not to put any stock in them because 'she had a reputation for being crazy so they were probably untrue.'

Same energy here from coconono.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
really funny to be like "oh yeah his accusers have been totally discredited" while kelly klein has had a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against ROH and Sinclair Broadcasting since February based on what Lethal did

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

*drops a big flying elbow onto the pile on*

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Fart Radio posted:

really funny to be like "oh yeah his accusers have been totally discredited" while kelly klein has had a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against ROH and Sinclair Broadcasting since February based on what Lethal did

I heard that she's a mess though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1460389380254842881?s=20

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
WWE broke a lot of brains.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LOL

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Imagine looking at an 18 minute match during a goddamn PPV and going "BOOOORING, WHO WANTS TO WATCH FAKE FIGHTING ON A WRESTLING SHOW!?"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Fans don't buy 60 dollar PAY PER VIEWS to watching wrestling! They want 30 minute entrances, they want endless talk show segments, they want hour long promo-parades where people just walk out and stand in the ring doing jack-the-gently caress-goddamn-NOTHING. THAT'S what wrestling is SUPPOSED to be!!!!!!!!!!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

these drat indie geeks can't get the job done in 2:45 with a distraction and rollup smh

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Of the bad take superstars who would folks argue is a cringe but good faith Vincel? Like someone who genuinely likes watching WWE because it clicks for them?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Renaissance Spam posted:

Of the bad take superstars who would folks argue is a cringe but good faith Vincel? Like someone who genuinely likes watching WWE because it clicks for them?

Kurtz maybe

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Who the gently caress even cares about match times unless it's something intensely lovely like the Queen of the Ring tournament?

Give the performers adequate time to tell their story and trust them to do a good job.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Shut gently caress up long match boy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

loving hell :lol:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Seams posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

They're right, we should petition AEW and the Coward Anthony Khan to book at least one match longer than 30 minutes each month. I mean, WWE manages this feat, why can't the so-called competitor?

(It is very funny to me how Tony seems terrified of going over 30 while WWE has Orton/Edge go for 45 minutes and Cole/O'Reilly for more than an hour, but AEW has matches that are too long)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Didn't Raw or Smackdown last week have a match that went 25 minutes and ended in a countout? Cocaine Tony Khan would never have the balls to pull that off and that's why this company's in the drat state it's in

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

actual uwahahaha

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Seams posted:

Hall of fame level post.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Seams posted:

like tokyo dome uwahahaha

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Elephant Ambush posted:

Who the gently caress even cares about match times unless it's something intensely lovely like the Queen of the Ring tournament?

Give the performers adequate time to tell their story and trust them to do a good job.

Eh, some matches go too long, that's just a fact. This is not a comment on Full Gear which I haven't seen yet, but as a basic rule there really shouldn't be many matches on a show that go over 20 minutes. Then you get into pandemic New Japan problems where everything lasts 5 minutes than it should except Takagi matches, because he's unimpeachable.

See for example Jado vs Toru Yano which managed to go minutes too long despite being 9 minutes long. Oh gently caress, just reminded myself that Gedo Okada went 15 for some loving reason, that NJ Cup 2020 sure was horrendous at times

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 16, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Eh, some matches go too long, that's just a fact

I don't know what you mean, I only watch NOAH

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't know what you mean, I only watch NOAH

Every match with Nosawa in it is the length of the match too long.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

forkboy84 posted:

Eh, some matches go too long, that's just a fact. This is not a comment on Full Gear which I haven't seen yet, but as a basic rule there really shouldn't be many matches on a show that go over 20 minutes. Then you get into pandemic New Japan problems where everything lasts 5 minutes than it should except Takagi matches, because he's unimpeachable.

See for example Jado vs Toru Yano which managed to go minutes too long despite being 9 minutes long. Oh gently caress, just reminded myself that Gedo Okada went 15 for some loving reason, that NJ Cup 2020 sure was horrendous at times
Having watched Full Gear I would say some of the matches did a little longer than they could have (like the Lucha Bros FTR match) I'm not going to lose my mind over it though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

achillesforever6 posted:

Having watched Full Gear I would say some of the matches did a little longer than they could have (like the Lucha Bros FTR match) I'm not going to lose my mind over it though

A sure sign that you could never make it on wrestling Twitter, you're not willing to get mad about miniscule details.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like maybe the Falls Count Anywhere dragged a bit toward the end and there were a lot times where it felt like guys were just waiting to break up a pin, but the overall match was still fun so I don't really care all that much.

I think for me, the show would have been better if they arranged the matches differently. I think the first 4 matches were really good, but then things slowed down with the Cody/Pac/Andrade/Malakai match because of the blind tag/partners who can't get along stories they were telling. Britt/Tay was okay but nothing spectacular. Punk/Kingston was great, then the Street Fight was another just okay one. A fun mess of a brawl but nothing that made me jump out of my seat.

The first half of the show was definitely the more fun watch for me and the second half kind of started to drag at points. I think match lengths are less an issue and maybe we just don't need 9 matches every PPV.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Every match should be exactly 14 minutes. I have done the calculations. In unrelated news I drink soylent for every meal and only wear new clothing because shipping overseas is more efficient than laundry.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol continuing the massive self-own trend of "i hate aew so much that i keep buying tickets to their shows"
https://mobile.twitter.com/chcty24/status/1460508221186220035
https://mobile.twitter.com/chcty24/status/1460508765413859331

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's no way that guy bought a ticket.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/DT_NerdyGeek/status/1460305136673333255
a lot of attention has gone to the effects that Doing professional wrestling has on the brain

maybe not enough to the effects that Watching professional wrestling has on the brain

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is their complaint that Danielson isn't immediately getting the shot at Page on the very next TV show? Or that Kenny isn't getting an immediate rematch? I literally don't understand what they're mad at.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

a lot of attention has gone to the effects that Doing professional wrestling has on the brain

maybe not enough to the effects that Watching professional wrestling has on the brain

What does "back to square one" even mean in this context? Back to the guy who wrestles all the time, wrestles very good matches, and will eventually wrestle for the World Title... continuing to wrestle matches?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

So Adam Page beat Kenny Omega just to lose to Bryan so that Kenny could beat Bryan and regain the belt? Because Kenny refuses to lose to Bryan?

Somebody do a study on how many conspiracy theorists are also extremely online wrestling fans, I feel like this dude also thinks black helicopters are spraying chemicals on his house.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They think Evil Uno is like a jobber because he doesn't fit their idea of a wrestler, rather then what he actually is, a midcarder in one of the most popular factions.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Is their complaint that Danielson isn't immediately getting the shot at Page on the very next TV show? Or that Kenny isn't getting an immediate rematch? I literally don't understand what they're mad at.

They're mad that Danielson is wrestling someone who isn't a main eventer, because WWE brain poison has trained wrestling fans to believe that it somehow kills main eventers if they ever share a single goddamned second of screen time with someone who isn't on their level.

There's probably also a bit of "every single match on every single show HAS to be between people who are feuding because NOBODY wants to watch just RANDOM MATCHES for NO REASON! BEcause nobody watches wrestling to see wrestling, god fuckin dammit!" in it as well

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Two guys famously egotistical about their spot and booking - Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

VideoWitch posted:

They think Evil Uno is like a jobber because he doesn't fit their idea of a wrestler, rather then what he actually is, a midcarder in one of the most popular factions.

Yeah, they don't watch the show.