Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's all even stupider because this is probably one of many matches Danielson will have against Dark Order guys on his road to Hangman. I don't think they need to do a thing where he runs through all of them, but I could see him at least doing matches with Uno, Stu, and Colt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://twitter.com/DT_NerdyGeek/status/1460305136673333255
a lot of attention has gone to the effects that Doing professional wrestling has on the brain

maybe not enough to the effects that Watching professional wrestling has on the brain

Hmm yes the Young Bucks are definitely in the business of burying all their competition and never putting anyone over or making them look good.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Bryan vs Evil Uno is such an easy match to understand.
Bryan specifically picked the leader of the dark order so he can kick his head in and mess with Hangman. It'll be a kick rear end match and get this Bryan/Hangman feud going.

These people are so bloody miserable.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

ftr have been buried, talk to me when they dress like clowns or shave each others backs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Destroy My Sweater posted:

ftr have been buried, talk to me when they dress like clowns or shave each others backs

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1449545685460729857?s=20

https://twitter.com/MHCAZi/status/1449546514741743617?s=20

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Yeah there's basically zero difference between "a one-time thing they do to try and pull the wool over their opponents' eyes" and "their actual gimmick Vince is going to expect them to try and get over on a regular basis"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's wild how WWE has manage to ingrain "people don't have friends" into wrestling fans' minds.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's not like Steve Austin was friends with some kind of malevolent force who gradually transformed into a goofball fan favorite.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The lipstick gets me every time

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Endless Mike posted:

It's wild how WWE has manage to ingrain "people don't have friends" into wrestling fans' minds.

Your average WWE fan either does not have friends or all their friends have died of old age.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Gavok posted:

It's not like Steve Austin was friends with some kind of malevolent force who gradually transformed into a goofball fan favorite.

Or ya know The Rock and Sock Connection responsible for the highest ratings draw segment in the history of American Pro Wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LionYeti posted:

Or ya know The Rock and Sock Connection responsible for the highest ratings draw segment in the history of American Pro Wrestling.

In fairness the gimmick was that Dwayne hated Mick there

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's truly amazing that one week people are making GBS threads all over Omega for having a match against Alan Angels and even having Angels get offense in because WWE brain has trained them to believe that every match between a main eventer and anyone whose not a main eventer should just be a 1-move 10 second squash match, and then literally a week later they're coming up with conspiracy theories about how Omega is this Cocaine Shawn level IRL heel who refuses to job to Bryan Danielson so the company had to scramble to put the belt on Hangman (which they DEFINITELY haven't spent 2 loving years building to) so he can immediately lose it to Danielson who'll immediately lose it back to Omega for some reason

This is how much damage WWE booking has done to wrestling, laid bare for all to see

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WE WANT OLD STARS CLAP CLAP CLAP

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

They are responsible for Steve Austin vs The Undertaker?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hmm yes the Young Bucks are definitely in the business of burying all their competition and never putting anyone over or making them look good.

Hell, Cody and the Bucks did more to build FTR than WWE did back when they were there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Drakkel posted:

They're mad that Danielson is wrestling someone who isn't a main eventer, because WWE brain poison has trained wrestling fans to believe that it somehow kills main eventers if they ever share a single goddamned second of screen time with someone who isn't on their level.

There's probably also a bit of "every single match on every single show HAS to be between people who are feuding because NOBODY wants to watch just RANDOM MATCHES for NO REASON! BEcause nobody watches wrestling to see wrestling, god fuckin dammit!" in it as well

Yep, it's both of these plus some other things people said.

WWE has very distinct "tiers" that people are in and they're not allowed to break those boundaries without approval from Vince and Johnny and Bruce and Kevin.

And every single match has to have at least 3 promos or segments to establish a feud and build it up before it can happen. WWE fans are not supposed to use any brain power to figure out simple things like this:

Kaveman posted:

Bryan vs Evil Uno is such an easy match to understand.
Bryan specifically picked the leader of the dark order so he can kick his head in and mess with Hangman. It'll be a kick rear end match and get this Bryan/Hangman feud going.

These people are so bloody miserable.

:hai:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

They are responsible for Steve Austin vs The Undertaker?

Huh, I thought This is your Life was the highest rated segment?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's all even stupider because this is probably one of many matches Danielson will have against Dark Order guys on his road to Hangman. I don't think they need to do a thing where he runs through all of them, but I could see him at least doing matches with Uno, Stu, and Colt.

I want to see Danielson/Cabana. I think their styles would lead to a fun match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

Huh, I thought This is your Life was the highest rated segment?

Nope, that's just a weird Russo claim.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CobiWann posted:

I want to see Danielson/Cabana. I think their styles would lead to a fun match.

This is honestly one of my biggest dream matches right now.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nope, that's just a weird Russo claim.

Wasn't there a ridiculously highly rated Stooges vs Mean Street Posse segment at one point that was also higher? I'm sure I remember hearing that somewhere.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm pretty hyped for an eventual Danielson/Angels match. They've been doing this sort of "deceptively great" thing with 5 for a while now, despite how low he's been in the pecking order, so it gives him a natural underdog feel when he proves he can actually hang with guys like Kenny.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

And every single match has to have at least 3 promos or segments to establish a feud and build it up before it can happen. WWE fans are not supposed to use any brain power to figure out simple things like this:

:hai:

Also all these promos and segments should take place on the same show because the actual match will be no more than 3 minutes long before it ends in a DQ/Countout/NonFinish because that's how you build HEEAAATTTT for when you do the exact same loving thing next week and then the week after that and so on because "Wrestling Feud" means "these two people are only allowed to interact with each other and nobody else for the next 7 months"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

new guy just dropped: anti-aew reply guy with a bio about how mayor pete won the iowa caucus lmao

https://twitter.com/FredBVKarl/status/1455844193105027080

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The WWE started quietly sending guys to rehab because their (former) wrestlers were dropping like flies. Not just guys from the eighties, but active wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero and Lance Cade. Them offering rehab was all about having fewer headlines about 'Former WWE wrestler X was found dead today...' and the fact that they mostly do it under the radar when they can is because the horse has already bolted on people associating being a WWE wrestler with dying young due to a combination of substance abuse and the physical toll of the WWE schedule.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

new guy just dropped: anti-aew reply guy with a bio about how mayor pete won the iowa caucus lmao

https://twitter.com/FredBVKarl/status/1455844193105027080

Vince McMahon is on the record saying the paid rehab was purely PR and he feels no responsibility for the substance abuse problems among wrestlers.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also these people act like WWE doesn't go out of it's way to parade it's charity work to the world every possible second it gets

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Also these people act like WWE doesn't go out of it's way to parade it's charity work to the world every possible second it gets

StephQuote.jpeg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

StephQuote.jpeg

the really funny thing about that is she didn't even come up with that quote, it was an "I Have A Dream. -Martin Luther King Jr." -Michael Scott situation

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wasn't there a ridiculously highly rated Stooges vs Mean Street Posse segment at one point that was also higher? I'm sure I remember hearing that somewhere.

Yeah, I've heard this one as well. Like, Patterson and Brisco dancing around to Real American and then beating up a bunch of lads in sweater vests drew incredible ratings, for some reason. poo poo, I still remember it quite vividly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

the really funny thing about that is she didn't even come up with that quote, it was an "I Have A Dream. -Martin Luther King Jr." -Michael Scott situation

Yeah but she did say the steroid trials were like 9/11, so she's still got an all-timer of a quote under her belt.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Hot take: PAC would’ve been better booked in WWE if he stayed than he is in AEW.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anyone who believes that, is truly beyond saving lol. PAC is one of the most protected men in AEW----one of the ONLY men to beat Omega, Allin, Page. A draw with Mox. Only lost to Andrade due to interference. A championship triple threat / tag title matches. Consistently rubs shoulders with only the uber-elite guys. He is consistently presented as one of the S-tier guys and the level of respect AEW has for him is evident in how patient they were thru his visa/travel issues, with or without COVID being a factor, and still booking him in the high stakes stuff as though he never left.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seriously, how can anyone look at how he's booked in AEW and think "WWE will book him better." He was there for a few years, and they not only booked him like a loser fuckface idiot once he hit the main roster, they hosed him over financially, because, reasons, I guess?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hoss Corncave posted:

The top ten segments:

10. Vince leaves WWF - 7.77
9. Kane vs Taker and Big Show - 7.81
8. Vince hints at Stone Cold at Backlash 2000 - 8.12
7. Shane vs The Rock, steel cage - 8.23
6. Benoit & Angle vs Rock and Kane - 8.35
5. This Is Your Life - 8.39
4. Rock & Lita vs Triple H & Trish - 8.46
3. Stooges vs Posse - 8.61
2. Shane, Hunter + Taker vs Austin, Rock + Vince (w/ Shawn Michaels as guest referee) - 9.17
1. Taker vs Austin, WWF title, if Austin loses, can never challenge for title again - 9.5

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want AEW to come to the UK with PAC as champ

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

It’s funny how consistently wwe does the odd couple pairing and how often it actually works and turns out to be fun. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lol love these takes, aye they were in WWE for like five years and did absolutely nothing of note bar routine humiliation but man, year six was gonna be the year.