Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is one of my worst games ever and I cant stop laughing about it

I used that exact same picture as my team logo last year. Talk about a zeitgeist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

I used that exact same picture as my team logo last year. Talk about a zeitgeist.
Its a great picture. One minor redeeming thing about ESPN is that you can use gifs for your team image so I have the gif version going

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
We're getting close to trade deadlines so players are actually starting to move. I just flipped Devonta Smith (who I have never actually started) for Antonio Brown (willing to gamble on health to get a Brady stack).

Another league mate just offered me Darrell Henderson and Melvin Gordon for Michael Carter, Terry McLaurin, and DJ Moore. I can't accept that this week because Henderson and Gordon are on bye and Carter is my only serious fill in for Aaron Jones. I'm thinking about it if he's still interested next week though, only problem is it'd leave me really thin at WR (basically Deebo, Pittman, Brown, and dross like Claypool).

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mayman10 posted:

TOO LATE HE DID IT!!!

I love garbage time football!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

After holding on to Trey Sermon for way too long because I somehow convinced myself that there would eventually be enough SF RB injuries for him to start, I'm finally dropping him, but I find myself wishing for some kind of button that would let me more emphatically drop him, like firing him into the sun or something.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
How high should I be aiming to trade AJ Dillon to the Aaron Jones owner?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Scruffy the janitor posted:

How high should I be aiming to trade AJ Dillon to the Aaron Jones owner?

Kinda depends on how far up poo poo creek they are, if they have a good backup they may not GAF

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Im probably going to lose this week because it is my byepocalipse but who should I try to pick up here to be my wr2? I'm leaning Meyers.

Going against the last place in the league so I might still have a chance.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Kinda depends on how far up poo poo creek they are, if they have a good backup they may not GAF

Yeah if they need to win the next two games or miss playoffs they might make a trade. It’s such a small window barring any setbacks that a trade isn’t likely and if it happens won’t be a haul.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
After losing Edmonds, I'm staring at the Henderson bye with not a clue what to do for my RB2

I can get like, uh, Gallman or D'Onta Foreman off waivers, or start Mike Davis or Rhamondre on my bench. :barf: Still trying to trade for someone but won't happen.

What would you guys do?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Enemu posted:

After losing Edmonds, I'm staring at the Henderson bye with not a clue what to do for my RB2

I can get like, uh, Gallman or D'Onta Foreman off waivers, or start Mike Davis or Rhamondre on my bench. :barf: Still trying to trade for someone but won't happen.

What would you guys do?

I'd start Rhamondre over all those guys, even if Harris plays (which looks to be about 50/50)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
If Damien Harris is out again this week, which is very possible, Rhamondre is a good start. Otherwise you flip a coin and hope for the best. But not Mike Davis.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

dy. posted:

After holding on to Trey Sermon for way too long because I somehow convinced myself that there would eventually be enough SF RB injuries for him to start, I'm finally dropping him, but I find myself wishing for some kind of button that would let me more emphatically drop him, like firing him into the sun or something.

Mitchell has a broken finger might wanted to wait on dropping him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dy. posted:

Mitchell has a broken finger if that makes a difference.

edit: gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had a golden sunday but also somehow my college team won too (Kansas beat Texas :lol:) what do I call that a Platinum Weekend? Sounds pretty good honestly.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

axelord posted:

fuuuuuuuck

I'm pretty sure Shanahan would suit up himself before giving Sermon a carry.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Sermon didn't even see the ball with the 49ers shithousing the Rams. He's poo poo even with Mitchell hurt.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

axelord posted:

Mitchell’s broken finger won’t make Shanahan hate Sermon any less

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Coachspeak and all that but Shanahan also said Mitchell will probably practice tomorrow so it doesn't seem very serious.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Is Russell Wilson broken or was that just a bad first game back? I didn't watch, but the stats look rough.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In a winner-take-all redraft work league I'm in I have gone from 1-4 to 5-5 and if I win next week I will be in 2nd place in the league. I think the trade deadline is coming up. My roster is:
QB: Hurts
RB: Najee, JRob, Monty, MCarter, Gaskin, D'Ernest
WR: Devante Adams, DeVonta Smith, Hunter Renfrow, Sutton, Mooney, Toney
TE: Hock, Arnold

I'm debating trying to package any two of the lesser RBs and a mediocre WR for a better WR. Does that make sense? Is there anything that stands out to you guys that would be a good group of players to offer?

and yes I know I should only be rostering Hock but Arnold was there and the Lions are falling to pieces so I picked Arnold up in case Hock turns into a pumpkin.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dxt posted:

Is Russell Wilson broken or was that just a bad first game back? I didn't watch, but the stats look rough.

There's still a hole in his finger that's healing. He'll likely get back to form in the next couple weeks. Despite all the talk of him being a fast healer biology has its limits and he probably shouldn't have been out there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Coachspeak and all that but Shanahan also said Mitchell will probably practice tomorrow so it doesn't seem very serious.

Although Jeff Wilson is back, Hasty's out with an ankle, so if Mitchell doesn't play, Sermon is likely RB2. Trenton Cannon is on the roster, but I think Sermon is still ahead of him.

I would sure not like to be actually starting Sermon though.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I know you don't normally keep a kicker during their bye week, but Matt Gay has been so consistent where the 49er game yesterday was his first below 8 and I have grown accustomed to not getting screwed by my kicker so far this year. However, I don't really want to drop anyone else on my team. I have two very similar TE between Goedert and Hockenson where Hockenson has already had his bye so I guess I could drop Goedert... is that worth keeping a kicker?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Hard to say. You don’t have anyone who’s going to be ruled out later this week that can be moved to an IR slot?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I know you don't normally keep a kicker during their bye week, but Matt Gay has been so consistent where the 49er game yesterday was his first below 8 and I have grown accustomed to not getting screwed by my kicker so far this year. However, I don't really want to drop anyone else on my team. I have two very similar TE between Goedert and Hockenson where Hockenson has already had his bye so I guess I could drop Goedert... is that worth keeping a kicker?

If you have Hock, you're never starting Goedert. He might even clear waivers.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

I dropped Gay for Bullock today because I think he’s still going to be available after the bye plus is likely a matter of a couple of points difference regardless

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

dkj posted:

Hard to say. You don’t have anyone who’s going to be ruled out later this week that can be moved to an IR slot?

We don't have an IR. My weakest player relative to their position is Corey Davis, but he is also my only active position player for this week besides the 2nd TE mentioned above, and I have Hopkins in as my flex who might need to be replaced. A bad week to have 5 Rams and Broncos.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Say gently caress it and see if there's any SNF or MNF kickers available and take it down to the wire. Who knows you might be up by 50 or down by 80 by then and just bypass picking up a kicker.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Say gently caress it and see if there's any SNF or MNF kickers available and take it down to the wire. Who knows you might be up by 50 or down by 80 by then and just bypass picking up a kicker.

This league has you forfeit the match if you don't have a full line up. I think I will just drop Goedert, he has been doing ok, but TEs get pretty interchangeable in this sort of mid range.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

This league has you forfeit the match if you don't have a full line up. I think I will just drop Goedert, he has been doing ok, but TEs get pretty interchangeable in this sort of mid range.
I would just drop the kicker. I'd rather have Goedert on the bench right now because the Lions are imploding and Hock may not score much if Blough or whoever it is is playing. The kicker just had a down week and is on a bye so you may be able to just pick him back up after his bye if you liked him that much.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Somebody got fed up with TB's performance I guess and dropped them, no reason not to grab them right?

NYG
@IND
@ATL
BUF
NO
@CAR
@NYJ

other than Buffalo and New Orleans they seem okay for the season? I'm awful at streaming defenses

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bellmaker posted:

Somebody got fed up with TB's performance I guess and dropped them, no reason not to grab them right?

NYG
@IND
@ATL
BUF
NO
@CAR
@NYJ

other than Buffalo and New Orleans they seem okay for the season? I'm awful at streaming defenses

If nothing else thats an excellent playoff schedule.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quiet Feet posted:

If nothing else thats an excellent playoff schedule.

Yeah I'm 7-3 and almost certainly making the playoffs at this point, those are salivating matchups.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

am I missing something... someone in my league dropped Antonio Brown on Saturday. I got him off waivers and was apparently the only one to put in a claim. But 4 people submitted claims for Mark Ingram, which, fine, if Kamara is missing more time, but if all these people are actively scouring the wire why did no one else want AB?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Fast Luck posted:

am I missing something... someone in my league dropped Antonio Brown on Saturday. I got him off waivers and was apparently the only one to put in a claim. But 4 people submitted claims for Mark Ingram, which, fine, if Kamara is missing more time, but if all these people are actively scouring the wire why did no one else want AB?

Are you on a platform where his projected points are suggesting he's not playing this week? Some people sort by projected points when putting in claims and he might not show.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Last I saw there’s no indication he’ll even be back this season

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lamar Jackson held out of practice due to (non-Covid) illness today.

What the hell is his deal? Why is Lamar always sick and pooping? Does he just go around open-mouth kissing strangers and eating out of dumpsters all the time?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dkj posted:

Last I saw there’s no indication he’ll even be back this season

He’s been out 4 weeks (1 of those was a bye), has done well in 3 games and has done gently caress all the other 3. He’s been in my bench most of the season taking up space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?

Fantasy Football 2021: Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?