Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

MonsieurChoc posted:

To be able to move your Capital, it needs to be the only Province stated. By colonizing Midway, I now had two provinces. And I couldn't sell it or give it away.

Only province stated on that continent (Oceania in this case), if moving to a colonial region.

Solution: acquire a solitary province on another, non-colonial continent. Some Asian island, for example. State that up, move capital there. Then move to your final destination.

(Also there are a few islands that belong to America but are not in a colonial region. Galapagos is easiest from Hawaii, then from there to North America. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Or for that matter: does the achievement allow you to do it via releasing a colonial nation?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

TropicalCoke posted:

I have this issue too

I haven't managed to figure out what it is, so if you do, please post here.

Anyone know where I could find a crash log if the game doesn't even start from the launcher?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Brute Squad posted:

Oh hey. Nations released through peace treaty are now guaranteed by the winner for free. That's nice.

yea but you have to cancel the guarantees yourself and if youre like me and forget about it youll have a dozen guarantees floating out there

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

lol trying another Byzantium run for funsies and the loving Ottomans deleted all their forts in the balkans right before I war decced them
great AI improvements guys

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Has anyone noticed river crossings giving a -2 penalty to battle rolls?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

lol trying another Byzantium run for funsies and the loving Ottomans deleted all their forts in the balkans right before I war decced them
great AI improvements guys

No occupy forts, no big war score. Galaxy brain moment!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The easy counter to Byz cheese strats that humans didn't want the AI to know!

As a side note I do like the idea of the AI actually being able to deal with some of their insane debt spirals but also feel it should maybe be done through pulse events giving them buildings or something.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Various Meat Products posted:

Has anyone noticed river crossings giving a -2 penalty to battle rolls?
Hasnt this always been a thing?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hasnt this always been a thing?

Unless your general’s maneuver is better than the other guy’s, there should be a penalty of -1 for crossing a river and -2 for crossing a strait/sea zone

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Tried Kongo yesterday, man their Mission tree is strong.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

otoh i decided to try playing the natives, specifically cherokee and man this is still not fun at all. also the tree almost instantly requires you to vassal someone, which you cant actually do without reforming out of tribal as far as i see...

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

otoh i decided to try playing the natives, specifically cherokee and man this is still not fun at all. also the tree almost instantly requires you to vassal someone, which you cant actually do without reforming out of tribal as far as i see...

The only thing that branch really gets you is +1 colonist, which you don't really need until you've reformed anyway - and don't really need after as once you've reformed when you conquer tribal land it's automatically colonised. Just rush reforming and then murder everyone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Davincie posted:

Sounds like someone who isn't using Federations to make huge mega-cities.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Rynoto posted:

As a side note I do like the idea of the AI actually being able to deal with some of their insane debt spirals but also feel it should maybe be done through pulse events giving them buildings or something.

is fort maintenance really what bankrupts an AI? Maybe just make AI forts cost less? an AI deleting their forts because theyre running a deficit is incredibly stupid

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tried Kongo yesterday, man their Mission tree is strong.

Permaclaims all over the place, free not-Siberian Frontiers in several areas... African Power achievement just got a lot easier, I think.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Aethernet posted:

The only thing that branch really gets you is +1 colonist, which you don't really need until you've reformed anyway - and don't really need after as once you've reformed when you conquer tribal land it's automatically colonised. Just rush reforming and then murder everyone.

i think im missing something for this. My only final reform option I can do is tribal identity. I need feudalism for the other ones. I don't seem to be able to dev push feudalism (the bar doesnt move) and I don't see a way from the mission tree to get it. Is it just waiting for europeans again?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

i think im missing something for this. My only final reform option I can do is tribal identity. I need feudalism for the other ones. I don't seem to be able to dev push feudalism (the bar doesnt move) and I don't see a way from the mission tree to get it. Is it just waiting for europeans again?

You should be able to reform to Horde without feudalism if you're a migratory tribe. You can then reform to another government without having to embrace feudalism.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The bad part of the Kongo missions is they force you into a Monarchy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Aethernet posted:

You should be able to reform to Horde without feudalism if you're a migratory tribe. You can then reform to another government without having to embrace feudalism.

gah, already settled. well that sucks!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

The bad part of the Kongo missions is they force you into a Monarchy.

That's only one branch. Almost all of it is compatible with being a horde.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why is it that every time Paradox tries to make a unique government for nomadic hordes they end up making them stupidly overpowered? Between this and CK2 I think someone on the team just really like Genghis Khan.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Hordes are a favorite for WC players which is why.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this run seems pretty cursed in other ways, got a non recallable merchant in my home node transferring all my trade income away

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hellioning posted:

Why is it that every time Paradox tries to make a unique government for nomadic hordes they end up making them stupidly overpowered? Between this and CK2 I think someone on the team just really like Genghis Khan.

Johan would tell you, but he's busy razing the swiss alps to the ground for the swedish orda.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Groke posted:

That's only one branch. Almost all of it is compatible with being a horde.

drat, I should not have clicked on it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Mr. Grinch posted:

is fort maintenance really what bankrupts an AI? Maybe just make AI forts cost less? an AI deleting their forts because theyre running a deficit is incredibly stupid

Deleting useless forts should, ideally, be a thing if they can't afford it. Of course getting the AI to figure out what constitutes 'useless' is the tricky part here.

And sidenote that Anbennar has been running fine on 1.32.1 now for those that were waiting.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kongo number 7 Great Power in 1490. :toot:

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Horde Zimbabwe is really fun. Start as Butua for better ideas and don't take the Zimbabwe ones when offered.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rynoto posted:

Anbennar has early 1.32 versions out already on bitbucket for those that play it.

The new, big Anbennar Steam patch with all the Eordand content etc. is planned to drop on Nov. 27th!

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007
Just discovered something odd. I'm playing Timurids -> Mughals, and when you form Mughals, you lose the Dhimmi estate. I had given out Dhimmi autonomy, and now I can't revoke it because the estate no longer exists. Whoops. Any idea how to get around this? I could have sworn it didn't happen last time I played them.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Mahasamatman posted:

Horde Zimbabwe is really fun. Start as Butua for better ideas and don't take the Zimbabwe ones when offered.

The main problem with going horde as Zimbabwe or Mutapa is that you lose the god-tier estate bonus from merchants that virtually eliminates inflation due to gold and any chance of gold mines depleting.

I guess suddenly suffering from hyper-inflation as Zimbabwe is pretty on-brand, though!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Lum_ posted:

The main problem with going horde as Zimbabwe or Mutapa is that you lose the god-tier estate bonus from merchants that virtually eliminates inflation due to gold and any chance of gold mines depleting.

I guess suddenly suffering from hyper-inflation as Zimbabwe is pretty on-brand, though!
I took it right away as Kilwa but now my merchants are, like, locked to 100+ power because I gave them some other privileges beforehand. It gives them a lot of power. It’s good though, if you just keep them happy it’s not a problem. I’m ridiculously wealthy: Kilwa even gets a NI that reduces inflation from gold and inflation, so combine that with Zanzibar, and, well…

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I took it right away as Kilwa but now my merchants are, like, locked to 100+ power because I gave them some other privileges beforehand. It gives them a lot of power. It’s good though, if you just keep them happy it’s not a problem. I’m ridiculously wealthy: Kilwa even gets a NI that reduces inflation from gold and inflation, so combine that with Zanzibar, and, well…

I just played Kilwa (finally got Queen of Mercury), and same. Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to keep the Merchants at 60% approval all game, because I don't think they were under 100% influence past 1450. Plutocracy ended up being quite useful for the extra loyalty.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Torrannor posted:

The new, big Anbennar Steam patch with all the Eordand content etc. is planned to drop on Nov. 27th!

The Adventurer's Wanted system is also finally getting finished up and turned on. Not the most indepth thing but it does give a bit more life to the world - although ghouls pop up constantly on battlefields if you don't have clergy estates for the burials.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did paradox break the naval ai? I've had fleets on mission just sit in the same sea province and waste away

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Rynoto posted:

The Adventurer's Wanted system is also finally getting finished up and turned on. Not the most indepth thing but it does give a bit more life to the world - although ghouls pop up constantly on battlefields if you don't have clergy estates for the burials.

From what I’ve seen of it they really need to up the MTTH for the adventurers to clear the modifiers. Despite keeping them fat & happy they don’t seem to keep up with the spawn rate

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Ah, yes! I, an early modern monarch, have discovered that encouraging the creation of a large, privileged, and influential bourgeoisie class has many financial benefits to me and my nation! As long as they remain loyal to me personally, nothing can go wrong. Now, to take a large sip of water-- :thermidor:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

From what I’ve seen of it they really need to up the MTTH for the adventurers to clear the modifiers. Despite keeping them fat & happy they don’t seem to keep up with the spawn rate

New adventurer estate privileges were added just a few hours ago that speed up specific types of adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Think Im going to have to give up on an African Power run, got 90% of Africa and I'm #1 world power, its 1690ish but I just can't be bothered to fight either Ottomans or Spain for the remaining provinces. Ottomans having like 500k troops as they took quantity ideas that they're able to perfectly split, merge and micromanage across like 80 different armies across 3 different fronts is just pure tedium, in order to take like 6 wasteland provinces in northern egypt totalling perhaps 0.5% of their total development I need about 85% warscore, requiring me to defeat in detail enormous armies while also sieging perhaps 400 provinces. I always enjoy this game for about the first 150 years or so max. Find it ridiculous how theres a force limit and a general limit but not an army limit.