Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

QUEER FRASIER posted:

In Brooklyn I did not see a single sign or receive a single mailing for any of the ballot issues. I genuinely had no clue

I’m guessing that was intentional

I didn’t get any mailings and the signs didn’t say anything about what the props were lol. Really wonderful job from our state government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got one of the standard mailers. The ballot propositions start on page 40, after the list of every candidate for every office citywide

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/nytwa/status/1455988973411737604?s=21

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
https://twitter.com/therealjsolo/status/1456022153581711366

Mmhmm.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

chef's kiss The Democrats! move

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Seattle crossover news.

quote:

Former Police Chief Carmen Best, who oversaw the Seattle Police Department during the city’s tumultuous 2020 racial-justice protests, is reportedly a finalist to lead the New York Police Department.

quote:

Best, 56, who became a frequent guest on national cable TV talk shows during the unrest, announced her abrupt retirement from the chief’s job after City Council proposals to slash the department’s budget.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/former-seattle-police-chief-carmen-best-reportedly-on-short-list-to-lead-nypd/

Better you than us I guess.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

When Seattle sends New York police chiefs, they are sending their Best.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the mayor of nyc wants to be paid in what

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Something called buttcoin I think

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
lmao

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1456637434633101317

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Saw this completely unhinged ad in flushing, I wish it were true

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

quote:

“It didn’t strike me as anything covert or malicious," she said. "She was very open about it. I got the sense that she did what she thought she was supposed to do.”

Just showing up to work the polls with a stamp of the name of one particular candidate. Normal poll worker things.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Saw this completely unhinged ad in flushing, I wish it were true

Yes pleas how can I claim my Police Refund. They did not help me and I would like my money back.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://gothamist.com/news/how-new-york-democrats-lost-battle-over-voting-rights-ballot-proposals-2021

lol

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lol based on this episode Sliwa sounds less bad than Adams

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-gadfly-56135887/episode/2021-nyc-mayoral-election-88602065/

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Everything Ive heard about Sliwa this election made him sound better than Addams, and 10 years ago I loving hated Silwa for being a reactionary

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the uft is finally trying to fight for something major and they have a petition going around calling for lower class sizes (currently 34 kids per teacher is the max for high school. its completely hosed up)

if you want to sign in support and help put the pressure on heres the link
https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/seize-this-once-in-a-generation-opportunity-to-reduce-class-sizes-in-new-york-city?source=direct_link&

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/SPECNews1CNY/status/1458436803942359040

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Ethics regulators rescind Cuomo book deal approval

"State ethics officials on Tuesday moved to rescind approval of ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo's memoir about the COVID-19 pandemic which had led to a $5.1 million contract.

The 12-1 vote at the Joint Commission on Public Ethics means Cuomo will have to re-apply for approval and could face fines or profit clawbacks if the panel denies it."

:sickos:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ethics regulators rescind Cuomo book deal approval

"State ethics officials on Tuesday moved to rescind approval of ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo's memoir about the COVID-19 pandemic which had led to a $5.1 million contract.

The 12-1 vote at the Joint Commission on Public Ethics means Cuomo will have to re-apply for approval and could face fines or profit clawbacks if the panel denies it."

:sickos:

Inspiring leadership like how he used the same tactics and PR spin as Ron Desantis!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SallyGold/status/1460973015513055239

I'm so sorry for you all down there. Although we got a Republican majority city council up here in Troy, so gently caress us too, I guess.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
LMAO at everyone who was so focused on Anyone But Yang only to get this.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chevy Slyme posted:

LMAO at everyone who was so focused on Anyone But Yang only to get this.

Yang would probably take this crypto poo poo even further. Blockchain storage for test grades and NFT report cards.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/SallyGold/status/1460973015513055239

I'm so sorry for you all down there. Although we got a Republican majority city council up here in Troy, so gently caress us too, I guess.

Literally would have been better for Silwa to win

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Matt Zerella posted:

Yang would probably take this crypto poo poo even further. Blockchain storage for test grades and NFT report cards.

The entire city workforce would get paid in bitcoin

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

haveblue posted:

The entire city workforce would get paid in bitcoin

Adams literally proposed exactly this in the twitter thread we are discussing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Adams is just dumb as gently caress and super corrupt, so I'm assuming some crypto bro gave him a suitcase of cash and now he's just parroting words with no idea what they mean. Like does anyone believe "the kids" are coming up to him and saying they aren't afraid of bitcoins anymore?

I assume that a few weeks after he takes office the comptroller's office or whoever is responsible for paying people will write a report saying "it isn't feasible to rework the entire payroll system and we can't legally force people to get paid in anything that USD" and Adams will not even remember and care and have found a shiny new ratbucket to shill by then anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah and his entire term is gonna be poo poo like this. should be a cool couple of years

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

If he makes it all four years without a corruption indictment I will be genuinely surprised.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

There's something really weird about him running a campaign that was all going to NYCHA developments and mobilizing retirees and now that he's elected he's like "I'mgoing to govern like and and on behalf of 20 year old white guys with crippling stimulant addictions."

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that tweet about him acting like he's been struck by lightning repeatedly is spot on

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i didnt click the link but i assume theyre trying to change it to a sub sub minimum wage

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

The Nastier Nate posted:

i didnt click the link but i assume theyre trying to change it to a sub sub minimum wage

No, it would apply the standard minimum wage to 14(c) programs. It's kind of a thorny issue because part of the reduced wage is to accommodate qualifying for SSD benefits and odds are requiring a higher wage without subsidizing it would simply murder those programs rather than open up higher-paying job opportunities for people with severe developmental disabilities.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
I saw Katko doing a photo op with a down syndrome girl about this, so I don't trust it.

When making minimum wage part time puts you over the income cap for SSDI, the problem isn't the wage it's the cap.

Right now people with moderate developmental disability getting services from ARC, etc, can either do simple jobs for a couple bucks an hour or do group dayhab, which can be awful for people with sensory issues, boring for the higher functioning guys, etc. IIt's nice to have a choice. Upstate is the nation's capital for these types of services, btw.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

someusername posted:

I saw Katko doing a photo op with a down syndrome girl about this, so I don't trust it.

When making minimum wage part time puts you over the income cap for SSDI, the problem isn't the wage it's the cap.

In an ideal world, yeah, but sadly policy makers at the state level only have access to one of these knobs, not both of them, so we get to figure out whether it’s worth tuning one without the other and what the impacts are, etc.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Chevy Slyme posted:

In an ideal world, yeah, but sadly policy makers at the state level only have access to one of these knobs, not both of them, so we get to figure out whether it’s worth tuning one without the other and what the impacts are, etc.

Exactly.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/1463137060974387214

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just the funniest corruption goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Quoting your own posts to day "I called it" is probably considered gauche so just uh scroll up on this exact page.

Lmao Adams is so loving dumb it's incredible.